"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Noah » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:15 am

So why was Oob with Dai Kaioshin? I mean the whole thing that I liked from the reincarnated concept is that he was conceived like a normal human being and now him being along with a God kinda makes this off for me.
Kodoshin wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:10 amOr maybe End of Z is being erased, and honestly I'm all for it.
You know that only would reaffirm that Super is not canon, right? :)

And was a matter of fact I don't think Toyotaro has the balls to make a huge contradictions to the original manga. He probably will kept this way, leaving to fans either or not consider this an actual continuation.
Last edited by Noah on Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Thani
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Thani » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:20 am

Noah wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:15 am So why was Oob with Grand Supreme Kai?
It could be either the remnants of the Grand Supreme Kai godly power within Uub OR Mr. Buu (morphed into his visage, with his personality in control) there with him.

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:23 am

Noah wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:15 am So why was Oob with Dai Kaioshin? I mean the whole thing that I liked from the reincarnated concept is that he was conceived like a normal human being and now him being along with a God kinda makes this off for me.
Kodoshin wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:10 amOr maybe End of Z is being erased, and honestly I'm all for it.
You know that only would reaffirm that Super is not canon, right? :)

And was a matter of fact I don't think Toyotaro has the balls to make a huge contradictions to the original manga. He probably will kept this way, leaving to fans either or not consider this an actual continuation.
Because Dai Kaioshin flew to his home to get him to lend energy.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:25 am

乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:28 am

Xeogran wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:51 am Oh yeah, also pls give credit to Piccolo for suggesting Vegeta to use his new technique in a different manner. Real nice that he gets to be relevant in his mentor role.
I mentioned that was one of my favorite parts too :clap:

Noah no that’s not what happens actually

DiscountDabi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DiscountDabi » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:44 am

What happened with Uub kinda reaffirms a past theory about the Daikaio. Uubs power alone was enough to get Goku back to Mastered Ultra Instinct and make that energy titan. Implying that Uub is on that level of power since he didn’t seem drained at all.

Which reaffirms the theory that the Grand Supreme Kai was on or around Beerus’s level but gave up most of his power sealing Moro’s magic.

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:45 am

Noah wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:15 amYou know that only would reaffirm that Super is not canon, right? :)
This guy gets it :thumbup:. DBS is an midquel as in it takes place between two points in the story. If it retcons EoZ, it would be the first midquel I've ever seen that erases the part of the story that original came after.

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:47 am

Matches Malone wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:23 am
AndLad92 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:22 am
Matches Malone wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:06 am
Can you show the leak that you know this from?
Whaaaat? That's awesome, I love his character, I hope they do something big with him in Super, I always hated his treatment in GT.

Jiren The Alpha
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Jiren The Alpha » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:56 am

Don't know what is happening and don't know what Toyotarou is smoking but i want some.

Thani
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Thani » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:04 pm

DiscountDabi wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:44 am What happened with Uub kinda reaffirms a past theory about the Daikaio. Uubs power alone was enough to get Goku back to Mastered Ultra Instinct and make that energy titan. Implying that Uub is on that level of power since he didn’t seem drained at all.

Which reaffirms the theory that the Grand Supreme Kai was on or around Beerus’s level but gave up most of his power sealing Moro’s magic.
Kinda makes the story's statement about Zamasu being a rare prodigy amongst the Kais something really funny to think about.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:10 pm

Xeogran wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:51 amGive credit to Piccolo for suggesting Vegeta to use his new technique in a different manner. Real nice that he gets to be relevant in his mentor role.
Definitely, that was a great way of using Piccolo, as he still proves he's useful despite being under powered compared to the others.
TobyS wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:53 am How are people talking about the ending, spoiling details here thanks guys, when it isn't out till tomorrow ??
Toriyama gave us a call and told us what happened. 8)

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:11 pm

Thani wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:04 pm
DiscountDabi wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:44 am What happened with Uub kinda reaffirms a past theory about the Daikaio. Uubs power alone was enough to get Goku back to Mastered Ultra Instinct and make that energy titan. Implying that Uub is on that level of power since he didn’t seem drained at all.

Kinda makes the story's statement about Zamasu being a rare prodigy amongst the Kais something really funny to think about.
Not really, since Goku remarked after his fight with Zamasu that, if he kept training, he'd be able to reach Beerus' power one day. Plus Zamasu was very young, he was basically a teenager/young adult, while the Grand Supreme Kai is old, so you can't compare them.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:13 pm

Goku's giant form was his Ki taking on his shape due to the amount of energy Vegeta threw in him, so it's not something we'll see regularly.
UpFromTheSkies wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:47 amWhaaaat? That's awesome, I love his character, I hope they do something big with him in Super, I always hated his treatment in GT.
Not only was this the second time he was shown, his power was the key to getting Goku back into MUI, so he's definitely going to shine in the future.
Last edited by Matches Malone on Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DSB
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DSB » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:24 pm

So EoZ gets slighty changed right?

Uub possesses God Ki AND a prodigious power so Goku decides to train him?

\

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:25 pm

This saga is nothing more than a great visual spectacle for me. Dai Kaioshin, Dragon Ball Online's Yadorat and now Uub again. And I thought I didn't care about visual stuff, but I'm a simple man: I see what I like, I smile. :P

Now all I ask for is that they appear in a better context.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:27 pm

DSB wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:24 pmSo EoZ gets slightly changed right ?
No, as nothing was ever established about his power in EOZ other than him being strong enough to fight Goku. Super is simply going into detail about how that's possible.

Jinto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Jinto » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:34 pm

Some prediction: :think:
Next arc will be about the other 6 universe, which got restored by C17 wish, that are plotting to overthrow Zeno.
Merus was actually an angel of one of 6 universe that is undergoing a rehabilitation because of how poorly he supervised the universe.
Merus is not dead and we may see his silhouette.
Goku train Uub because he was recruited to be part of the task force to stop the rogue universe so he need someone to protect the planet while he (and vegeta) is gone.
Goku new power allow him to fight in space which was a highlighted weakness in this arc.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:43 pm

How I'd love if the final arc of Super borrowed a lot of ideas from the Universal Conflict arc of SDBHeroes:

This would tie perfectly into the ending of the Tournament of Power arc:

- 17's wish restored the Future timeline, which explains why Fused Zamasu is still alive;
- 17's wish also restored the 6 universes erased by Zeno: Hearts, one of the main villains of the arc, could be a mortal of the erased universes who seeks revenge on Zeno for destroying trillions of life simply because he was bored one day. That is how you write a morally grey villain.
- Why did this villainous group not make their move until the end of the Moro arc? Because they were still gathering members and building their strength, and sense a window of opportunity now that the God hierarchy is distracted by Merus' death.

This arc would succeed so easily that it's writing itself. I don't know why the writers don't push the idea that 17's wish had huge ramifications for the future, because the wording of his wish is objectively ambiguous. "Restore all of the erased universes", he DOES NOT specify the universes "erased at the Tournament of Power". This is super ambiguous.

Also, I swear, if the next arc is a fucking tournament I'm going to scream.
Last edited by SupremeKai25 on Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:45 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:43 pm How I'd love if the final arc of Super borrowed a lot of ideas from the Universal Conflict arc of SDBHeroes:

I swear, if the next arc is a fucking tournament I'm going to scream.
Toriyama did reboot Broly, so if he likes the concept of this arc no one would stop him from writing it into Super (with changes of course).

We're definitely going to get another tournament, I just don't think it'll be this soon. Maybe the arc after the next.

Jinto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Jinto » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:02 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:43 pm How I'd love if the final arc of Super borrowed a lot of ideas from the Universal Conflict arc of SDBHeroes:

This would tie perfectly into the ending of the Tournament of Power arc:

- 17's wish restored the Future timeline, which explains why Fused Zamasu is still alive;
- 17's wish also restored the 6 universes erased by Zeno: Hearts, one of the main villains of the arc, could be a mortal of the erased universes who seeks revenge on Zeno for destroying trillions of life simply because he was bored one day. That is how you write a morally grey villain.
- Why did this villainous group not make their move until the end of the Moro arc? Because they were still gathering members and building their strength, and sense a window of opportunity now that the God hierarchy is distracted by Merus' death.

This arc would succeed so easily that it's writing itself. I don't know why the writers don't push the idea that 17's wish had huge ramifications for the future, because the wording of his wish is objectively ambiguous. "Restore all of the erased universes", he DOES NOT specify the universes "erased at the Tournament of Power". This is super ambiguous.

Also, I swear, if the next arc is a fucking tournament I'm going to scream.
Yeah ! Worst case scenario is Zeno pulling a "now we have more universe si let's make an even bigger ToP" :lolno: