"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TobyS
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by TobyS » Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:33 am

If he's a tuffle I'd like it if 7 3 was a “in the last days of the war” type project.

A good twist would be he's not using them to conquer the saiyans, he's over it, he actually feels responsible for these weapons now running rampant.

So like a reverse of the baby and muu situation or raichii in dbm
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:39 pm

Am I the only one who hopes to see Broly back in this arc?
I would be incredibly happy if in the next chapter we saw Goku training with him on Vampa.
Considering how this time the story is based on a Toriyama’s draft once again, I really hope he will include Lemo, Cheelai and Broly.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

ZodiacBeast
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZodiacBeast » Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:27 pm

emperior wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:39 pm Am I the only one who hopes to see Broly back in this arc?
I would be incredibly happy if in the next chapter we saw Goku training with him on Vampa.
Considering how this time the story is based on a Toriyama’s draft once again, I really hope he will include Lemo, Cheelai and Broly.
Me too. I was hoping he would come in and Falcon Punch Moro at some point.

Kodoshin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Kodoshin » Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:36 pm

Just a hunch, but I think we'll see Freeza involved in this arc to bring a "dangerous alliance" type angle to things.The Freeza Force, despite being largely fodder, would help to give us a more grand scale against a horde of 7-3 level opponents.

Super Murjin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Super Murjin » Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:37 pm

Noitsnothim wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:05 pm My Theories on who Granolah could be: Granolah could be a Tsufurujin bounty hunter in the outer rims of U7 who's been in hiding since the decimation of his race at the hands of the Saiyans when they invaded and took over (Planet Vegeta)

Oatmeel is most likely an artificial intelligence like J.A.R.V.I.S. (From Marvel/Iron Man) that Granolah constructed in order to help him with Jobs and targets (Maybe he can't sense Ki like Freeza?)

What or why does he need OG-73? Seventhree potentially has Moro & Merus' Copied abilities stored inside of him and Granolah wants to use Seventhree as an fighter (Weapon) against Goku and Vegeta and eliminate the Saiyans (like Freeza)

Or perhaps Granolah wants to auction/sell Seventhree to the highest bidder in Universe 7 who would deem or view Seventhree as an very important bounty

Granolah could also be the last survivor of a race that Moro wiped out and he managed to escape in time while hiding his ki so Moro wouldn't sense him and he manage to watch the entire events (Omen Goku Vs. Moro, Vegeta Vs. Moro, Moro73 vs. Z-warriors, UI Goku vs Moro73) as they unfolded thru GodTube

Either way he's one of the better designed Super Characters (DQ X Chrono Trigger Vibes) :D

good theory :clap:

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:51 pm

ZodiacBeast wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:27 pm
emperior wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:39 pm Am I the only one who hopes to see Broly back in this arc?
Me too. I was hoping he would come in and Falcon Punch Moro at some point.
I just searched for and saw the falcon punch scene a couple of days ago for no other reason than just wanting to watch it and now someone references the move here. What are the odds!
If Broly were to be so inclined, I'd at least hope it could be as destructive as Captain Falcon's punch was. It's about time the characters have feats like that.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:50 pm

If EoZ is still anything to cling on to, then my guess is the whole Freeza running loose throughout the universe business will come to an end in this arc. Unless in the epilogue they were all living happily ever after with Freeza still scheming something somewhere.

Not a prediction, though, more like a wish:
-Freeza
-Broly

Those two taking part in this story would be nice. Otherwise, whenever they do comeback (and they should do so), powerwise they would be so far from the main heroes that they'll need another asspull RoF treatment like the one Freeza already had. Well, maybe not Broly, but Freeza really should be closing in on his full potential.

Thani
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Thani » Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:55 pm

To be fair, the End of Z was exclusively centered on Earth, so it doesn't matter if Freeza was still alive or not. It didn't even imply that Goku's journey was over, he was just off to train a new protector of the planet - he's pretty much still in perfect shape.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:36 pm

Thani wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:55 pm To be fair, the End of Z was exclusively centered on Earth, so it doesn't matter if Freeza was still alive or not. It didn't even imply that Goku's journey was over, he was just off to train a new protector of the planet - he's pretty much still in perfect shape.
Mmm IDK, it seemed like the warfare was finally over, people were studying, working, getting normal lives, neglecting their training, definitely not the world you'd expect Freeza to be around and possibly come back for more. The idea was to tell us that everything's been ok, and while the peaceful time skip was retconned, I'm not so sure it would work the same if the next day Freeza could drop by, with not even that very day happening in a peaceful time.

Besides, like I said, Freeza needs to move fast if he doesn't want to end up as threatening as Garlick Jr. Unless another incredible power up is waiting for him, which I hope isn't.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:01 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:36 pm Mmm IDK, it seemed like the warfare was finally over, people were studying, working, getting normal lives, neglecting their training, definitely not the world you'd expect Freeza to be around and possibly come back for more.
Well Freeza is gonna be busy raising his son too :P

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:48 am

Xeogran wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:01 pm
Koitsukai wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:36 pm Mmm IDK, it seemed like the warfare was finally over, people were studying, working, getting normal lives, neglecting their training, definitely not the world you'd expect Freeza to be around and possibly come back for more.
Well Freeza is gonna be busy raising his son too :P
And hiring Vegeta for whatever his new line of business is, of course.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:56 am

It gets me wondering, just how many other strong characters exist in the universe/universes(God forbid that we explore all multiversal cases)??? Broly & Granola were totally unknown beings until they became relevant in the story and are in possession of power that rivals some of the strongest characters in the universe. What else lurks in the cosmos that makes Boo-arc fighters look like Tenkaichi-tier contestants by comparison?
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

ChronoTwigger
Advanced Regular

Post by ChronoTwigger » Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:28 am

theherodjl wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:56 am It gets me wondering, just how many other strong characters exist in the universe/universes(God forbid that we explore all multiversal cases)??? Broly & Granola were totally unknown beings until they became relevant in the story and are in possession of power that rivals some of the strongest characters in the universe. What else lurks in the cosmos that makes Boo-arc fighters look like Tenkaichi-tier contestants by comparison?
To me, Moro wasn't so "strong" and he just caught people off guard - without continual coincidences and power drain, probably a SSJ was enough to bash him. Granola is strong as... who knows? So far he was just a quick gunslinger, but even Jaco is. Original Broly was strong as any other movie opponent - someone that should be flushed away the very next moment, strong as much 45 minutes should require.
Hopefully Tori-toyo will continue to create plot complications to make lower tier characters interesting.
I learned english listening to songs. So I don't know anything about. The day you had to learn play piano by just listening .mp3, you'll understand.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:07 am

ChronoTwigger wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:28 amTo me, Moro wasn't so "strong" and he just caught people off guard - without continual coincidences and power drain, probably a SSJ was enough to bash him. Granola is strong as... who knows? So far he was just a quick gunslinger, but even Jaco is. Original Broly was strong as any other movie opponent - someone that should be flushed away the very next moment, strong as much 45 minutes should require.
Hopefully Tori-toyo will continue to create plot complications to make lower tier characters interesting.
Moro actually was pretty strong. Dai Kaioshin & South Kaioshin together weren't able to defeat him in a battle of strength when he first attempted universal conquest. Then in present day, Moro's base power level upon escaping the Galactic Patrol was enough to make Vegeta use SSJG. That puts Moro as being at least on par with one of Boo's stronger forms or even higher without even absorbing anyone or anything's strength.
Granola defeated various beings all with the same strength as 7-3 had after taking in the powers of all the characters he touched, something that should even include Moro sometime while he was out absorbing life on planets.
These guys could crap on SSJs any day of the week.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:21 am

ChronoTwigger wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:28 am Original Broly was strong as any other movie opponent - someone that should be flushed away the very next moment, strong as much 45 minutes should require.
Quite wrong, considering he was clearly stronger than Bojack and breaking the "next villain is stronger than previous one" trend from the movies. And then he returned again.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:34 am

It's been a while, but I don't remember anything that could tell us Movie 8 Broly is stronger than Bojack (and vice-versa). Weren't all the heroes defeated in both movies? That makes Bojack and Broly have similar feats. Pretty sure Super Saiyan 2 Gohan would defeat Broly just as easily, though.
ChronoTwigger wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:28 amOriginal Broly was strong as any other movie opponent
Janemba and Hirudegarn eat Broly with some fava beans and a nice Chianti (and Broly does the same with the villains before him).
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:43 am

Grimlock wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:34 am It's been a while, but I don't remember anything that could tell us Movie 8 Broly is stronger than Bojack (and vice-versa). Weren't all the heroes defeated in both movies? That makes Bojack and Broly have similar feats. Pretty sure Super Saiyan 2 Gohan would defeat Broly just as easily, though.
ChronoTwigger wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:28 amOriginal Broly was strong as any other movie opponent
Janemba and Hirudegarn eat Broly with some fava beans and a nice Chianti (and Broly does the same with the villains before him).
Do I really need to post Takao "super-fanboy-of-his-own-creations" Koyama's quote on the strongest pre-BOG DBZ character again?????
Still, even as silly as his claims are, he was the writer of the films and has an authoritative position in the DB franchise. He's not exactly Toriyama but he's an infinite multitude over the fandom on what goes in the movies.

ZodiacBeast
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZodiacBeast » Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:09 pm

I'm pretty sure that the rule is that each movie villain is stronger than the last...for the 13 Z movies, at least.

ChronoTwigger
Advanced Regular

Post by ChronoTwigger » Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:52 pm

...and that exactly what I am saying.
Movie opponents are usually strong enough to create hype in that moment. You cannot create a movie opponent that is not strong enough to pose a threat in that precise moment of the continuity, or the climax will be bland.
So, somehow, the "universe" feel like full of strong individuals popping out of nowhere (as they are, de facto, popping out of nowhere...). But they are scaled properly. If 24 movies were done in DB era, you probably had 24 Tien/Piccolo monsters around.

As for Moro, kaiohshin fight happened at full Moro power. The fugitive Moro become stronger than his starting feebleness due a serie of circumstances *including Merus, 7-3 and timely events, but had to use other people to begin with. With more luck they could have beaten him easily since the start. I suppose the "magic" thing was used on a purpose for that (a not so strong opponent that can trick with impossible stuff).

And Granola so far didn't show exceptional power. Yeah, is probably stronger than Yajirobe. Thank you.
I learned english listening to songs. So I don't know anything about. The day you had to learn play piano by just listening .mp3, you'll understand.

Jack Bz
Regular

Post by Jack Bz » Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:45 am

I don't know if this has been brought up yet, but I just realised that while Moro was busy eating the energy of countless planets to satiate his apparent endless hunger, Goku, the other character most associated with an endless appetite, completely stopped eating food whatsoever for a time whilst he was training with Merus.

Interesting parallel that I don't really understand the significance of at the moment. Maybe it's to highlight the different methods between Goku and Moro in attaining power (stealing Vs earning) that Goku later directly highlights.