"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by MCDaveG » Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:35 am

Jack Bz wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:45 am I don't know if this has been brought up yet, but I just realised that while Moro was busy eating the energy of countless planets to satiate his apparent endless hunger, Goku, the other character most associated with an endless appetite, completely stopped eating food whatsoever for a time whilst he was training with Merus.

Interesting parallel that I don't really understand the significance of at the moment. Maybe it's to highlight the different methods between Goku and Moro in attaining power (stealing Vs earning) that Goku later directly highlights.
I am OK with it actually... The amounts of gourmet focus the Super series took on were starting to get rudiculous. It went from Goku catching fish, bears and whatever, being the Bear Grylls in the original series, to overexposition of Beerus and Whis' appetites. Altough, I liked the idea that that is the reason why Earth has not been destroyed. I am probably biased a bit, as I played the Kakarot over Christmas and the gourmet stuff in there is over the top, with running around the map and slaughtering all the living animals in masses with just one punch, which made me a bit uneasy as an animal lover, especially wolves and deers... didn't mind the fish, as they were portrayed predatory as in original series and dinosaurs just ended stunned and lying on the ground.

But seriously, sometimes I felt with Super, like watching the Food Wars trailers on Crunchyroll.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Brettjr25
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brettjr25 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:38 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:50 pm Those two taking part in this story would be nice. Otherwise, whenever they do comeback (and they should do so), powerwise they would be so far from the main heroes that they'll need another asspull RoF treatment like the one Freeza already had. Well, maybe not Broly, but Freeza really should be closing in on his full potential.
Why would they? Why is it the assumption is that when characters are not on the screen that they don't grow train or do anything? If Goku isn't interacting with them, then they must be sitting on the couch, eating donuts.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:13 am

I hope that next chapter is interesting enough to give us something to speculate and talk about. We should get to learn more about Granolah and just what did he survive.

DiscountDabi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DiscountDabi » Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:26 am

So, when it comes to the topic of what exactly Granola Survived I think we as a fanbase should temper our expectations. This could easily be a situation where its like Moro’s Third Wish. So I for one will be going in Cautiously optimistic.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:44 pm

At this point, the story is going too slow with its monthly release for any of us to get fully into it. Sad to say.

Magnificent Ponta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Magnificent Ponta » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:52 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:44 pmAt this point, the story is going too slow with its monthly release for any of us to get fully into it. Sad to say.
Speak for yourself. The release schedule certainly has its limitations, but one's personal engagement with the material is merely a question of effort. If you can be bothered, it's perfectly possible to enjoy it.

LoganForkHands73
Advanced Regular

Post by LoganForkHands73 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:20 pm

Calling it, Granola survives coronavirus.

Kepiaschkz
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Kepiaschkz » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:14 am

LoganForkHands73 wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:20 pm Calling it, Granola survives coronavirus.
Maybe in a fight against the fusion of GoD Corona and GoD Beerus.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:50 pm

LoganForkHands73 wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:20 pm Calling it, Granola survives coronavirus.
No one will survive that.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

ZodiacBeast
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZodiacBeast » Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:53 pm

Kepiaschkz wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:14 am
Beerus was supposed to spread a virus at one point. 😉

Kepiaschkz
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Kepiaschkz » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:26 pm

ZodiacBeast wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:53 pm
Kepiaschkz wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:14 am
Beerus was supposed to spread a virus at one point. 😉
Well observed. A virus that was supposed to spread evil in Saiyans hearts. I didn't think someone else would make with the pun. That's give it more depth. Note that Corona is also a beer name.
I think Toyotaro could make something out of this if it wasn't so tragically connoted in real life.

DevilKing99
Not-So-Newbie

Post by DevilKing99 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:35 am

Xeogran wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:13 am I hope that next chapter is interesting enough to give us something to speculate and talk about. We should get to learn more about Granolah and just what did he survive.
Granolah seems just like another never heard of before powerful U7 character and I doubt he'll get that detailed of a backstory, just look at Moro.

and he can't be from any of the other universes as he knows who 73 is.

and he's pretty much going to the only character to carry this arc, as the galactic patrol prisoners are still the enemies, and there nothing interesting about them at all besides 73 ability.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:51 pm

DevilKing99 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:35 am Granolah seems just like another never heard of before powerful U7 character and I doubt he'll get that detailed of a backstory, just look at Moro.
He's more of a tactician rather than simply a strong chara. And his human design makes me believe he'll be more deep than Moro. They can at least show his race in a flashback, while in Moro's case, showing a race of evil goats would look weird and thus he remained backstory-less.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:10 pm

So where are the manga draft pages??? It should’ve been released 10 minutes ago now.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:10 am

Where are the spoilers??? Perhaps more strangely, why is no one talking about it? It’s the 13th now! Is everyone on the internet asleep or something??! Really strange how I’m the only one who noticed and is talking about it.

The manga draft pages should’ve been out for hours now.

ZodiacBeast
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZodiacBeast » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:42 am

GodVegetto91 wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:10 am Where are the spoilers??? Perhaps more strangely, why is no one talking about it? It’s the 13th now! Is everyone on the internet asleep or something??! Really strange how I’m the only one who noticed and is talking about it.

The manga draft pages should’ve been out for hours now.
Chill, bro. It shouldn't be too long before they pop up.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:12 am

GodVegetto91 wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:10 am Where are the spoilers??? Perhaps more strangely, why is no one talking about it? It’s the 13th now! Is everyone on the internet asleep or something??! Really strange how I’m the only one who noticed and is talking about it.
I was keeping my eye and fell asleep after nothing popped out at the usual time. Either the date has been changed to the 14th now, or they're done with the drafts :think:

DiscountDabi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DiscountDabi » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:01 am

Xeogran wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:12 am
I was keeping my eye and fell asleep after nothing popped out at the usual time. Either the date has been changed to the 14th now, or they're done with the drafts :think:
Patience you must have my young padawan.The Spoilers will come. I just hope they are worth spoiling.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:04 am

DiscountDabi wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:01 am
Xeogran wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:12 am
Patience you must have my young padawan.The Spoilers will come. I just hope they are worth spoiling.
Yet no explanation ‘WHY’ they are not here yet.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:12 am

I feel like there’s a sheer lack of communication from the dragon ball related authorities in Japan to us in the west.. If the date for the manga draft pages release has been moved from the 13th to the 14th, aren’t they obligated to at least let us know in some capacity? Like making an official statement regarding it somewhere? Like: “Hey guys look! It’s now been moved to the 14th because “inserts reasons”.” This way, we will finally be in the know, and not confused every single time.