"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

OrangeBanana
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by OrangeBanana » Tue May 18, 2021 1:37 pm

DiscountDabi wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 11:58 am Ryokutya Spoilers

*Who can lose twice in one chapter (lol)
He’s Got Skills of Kenshiro
XX is a well-informed person, I don’t want him to end up having a small role of a commentor/explaining the background*

XX Is probably Elec given the way the arc has gone so far.

As for the first thing, The person Losing twice is either Vegeta or Granolah.

Also Granolah Pulling some Fist of The North Star Crap is gonna be fun.
Can't wait to see Granola flex his pecks and tear off his shirt revealing the big dipper.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Tue May 18, 2021 2:42 pm

PurestEvil wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 12:09 pm
Thani wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 9:37 am
kemuri07 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 9:05 am Image

I'm posting this here. Cause it's relevant...somehow.

But now I have questions. Like...is the AK also ultra instinct too?
Maybe it's just the ki covering it, like Trunks' sword. But hey, an Ultra Instinct AK-47 sounds amazing.
The bullets always hit their target even when the opponent tries to dodge.
Funnily enough, there is a real life technology like that which is being developed and tested. Guided lasers from a sniper are planted on the surface of a target and as it's moving, sensors inside the "smart" bullet register the light and its internal mechanisms adjust the trajectory mid-flight to follow said target.

Ultra Instinct projectiles would be more efficient but something like this could help supplement the autonomous movement.

PurestEvil
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PurestEvil » Tue May 18, 2021 3:44 pm

Lionel wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 2:42 pm Funnily enough, there is a real life technology like that which is being developed and tested. Guided lasers from a sniper are planted on the surface of a target and as it's moving, sensors inside the "smart" bullet register the light and its internal mechanisms adjust the trajectory mid-flight to follow said target.

Ultra Instinct projectiles would be more efficient but something like this could help supplement the autonomous movement.
Are the sensors Supreme drip?
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Tue May 18, 2021 3:48 pm

PurestEvil wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 3:44 pm
Lionel wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 2:42 pm Funnily enough, there is a real life technology like that which is being developed and tested. Guided lasers from a sniper are planted on the surface of a target and as it's moving, sensors inside the "smart" bullet register the light and its internal mechanisms adjust the trajectory mid-flight to follow said target.

Are the sensors Supreme drip?
I'm sorry. What is that?

PurestEvil

Post by PurestEvil » Wed May 19, 2021 4:42 am

Lionel wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 3:48 pm I'm sorry. What is that?
I was alluding to the drip Goku meme
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

DiscountDabi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DiscountDabi » Wed May 19, 2021 2:58 pm

Looks like were going into the chapter Tomorrow without anymore Spoilers. Honestly refreshing not knowing whats gonna happen before I Read it.

The only thing I want from this chapter is to make Granolahs fighting style look good. I’d hate it to be so samey like Moro Became after he came to earth.

If we get even a peak at where Frieza is right now that’d be fun too.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Wed May 19, 2021 3:55 pm

Someone did post one spoiler from the chapter of a fight scene. It’s not from the usual sources so I am not sure if it’s legit but it certainly looks legit (and it’s not like it’s anything you wouldn’t expect either)

https://twitter.com/sinomatironi/status ... 76801?s=21

Edit: Nevermind it’s fake apparently but I am impressed by how it looks pretty legit.

caire
Not-So-Newbie

Post by caire » Wed May 19, 2021 4:02 pm

Kinokima wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 3:55 pm Someone did post one spoiler from the chapter of a fight scene. It’s not from the usual sources so I am not sure if it’s legit but it certainly looks legit (and it’s not like it’s anything you wouldn’t expect either)

Edit: Nevermind it’s fake apparently but I am impressed by how it looks pretty legit.
Yeah, it fooled me at first glance as well.

It's nice to go into the chapter blind (apart from drafts) without seeing the entire thing on twitter beforehand :lol: I mute spoiler tags, but some things always worm through.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Wed May 19, 2021 4:05 pm

caire wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 4:02 pm
Kinokima wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 3:55 pm Someone did post one spoiler from the chapter of a fight scene. It’s not from the usual sources so I am not sure if it’s legit but it certainly looks legit (and it’s not like it’s anything you wouldn’t expect either)

Yeah, it fooled me at first glance as well.

It's nice to go into the chapter blind (apart from drafts) without seeing the entire thing on twitter beforehand :lol: I mute spoiler tags, but some things always worm through.
Yeah I hate how people judge the entire chapter just from random spoilers. I admit even I am guilty of this at times. Going in blind and reading the chapter as is means you judge it more fairly because you aren’t making rash judgements without any context.

But I admit the wait seems a bit longer without any spoilers

jd55513
Not-So-Newbie

Post by jd55513 » Wed May 19, 2021 5:15 pm

I think Ryokutya is referring to Vegeta 😂 He tends to always try and poke fun at him in spoilers!

Now as for what I think happens, Granolah is playing smart, he is using guerilla warfare tactics, which is a play on his mercenary/sniper style of combat.

He probably snipes Vegeta and knocks him out, either with Hakai or this kenshiro ability. Then the fight switches to Goku and Granolah, and then we find out Granolah has UI as well!
I'm hoping I'm wrong about the Granolah UI and Hakai thing, but it's seems heavily foreshadowed based on previous arcs of Toyataro.
The Zeno button, Moro/Merus hand, and now Granolah explosion of the boulder and the way he dodges....
It seems to be the direction Toya is going, because Goku and Vegeta have those godly abilities....

We shall see!

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Wed May 19, 2021 6:18 pm

So no spoilers this time too, huh? I wonder if this is going to be a trend.

It is certainly a different feeling considering that we usually always had spoilers or knew about the most important parts of the chapters days before its release.

When the chapter is good, like the last one, it’s nice to read it without knowing the details in advance, although at the same time if the chapter isn’t good or it’s too slow I can also see some people getting more irritated than the usual. Although seeing certain scenes knowing the full context prevents some people from jumping the gun.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Wed May 19, 2021 6:54 pm

jd55513 wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 5:15 pm I think Ryokutya is referring to Vegeta 😂 He tends to always try and poke fun at him in spoilers!

Now as for what I think happens, Granolah is playing smart, he is using guerilla warfare tactics, which is a play on his mercenary/sniper style of combat.

He probably snipes Vegeta and knocks him out, either with Hakai or this kenshiro ability. Then the fight switches to Goku and Granolah, and then we find out Granolah has UI as well!
I'm hoping I'm wrong about the Granolah UI and Hakai thing, but it's seems heavily foreshadowed based on previous arcs of Toyataro.
The Zeno button, Moro/Merus hand, and now Granolah explosion of the boulder and the way he dodges....
It seems to be the direction Toya is going, because Goku and Vegeta have those godly abilities....

We shall see!
I hope it’s not Vegeta. Getting real tired of them using the same formula of Vegeta going first just to get beat by the villain to show off how strong the villain is. It’s the same thing all the time.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Thu May 20, 2021 5:48 am

1 Manga scan has been released.

FlpShimizu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by FlpShimizu » Thu May 20, 2021 7:53 am

Yup, you were right. Goku will transform.

Toyo's panelling is much better though, nice to see.
"I'm never fighting a gag manga character again!"

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Thu May 20, 2021 9:00 am

GodVegetto91 wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 5:48 am 1 Manga scan has been released.

Surprisingly similar to the fake spoiler just starting with a different form

But I guess that it’s not surprising because this image and the fake spoiler were pretty generic.

Jack Bz
Regular

Post by Jack Bz » Thu May 20, 2021 9:14 am

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Thu May 20, 2021 11:09 am

The chapter is officially out now https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1009289

DiscountDabi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DiscountDabi » Thu May 20, 2021 11:13 am

Well Aint that a kick in the head. Goku was the one to lose twice.

And Ryokutya wasn’t kidding with that Kenshiro stuff with all this presure point stuff. Very interesting.

And Vegeta over here figuring this all out is very interesting too. Granolah was portrayed as immensely powerful as I hoped he was, but it wasn’t to the point where he seems overpowered just yet.

All in all great chapter 8/10

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Thu May 20, 2021 11:14 am

Well that chapter felt short. We didn't get all that much further narratively speaking. There were some nice visuals, though.
I'm a little disappointed that Toyotaro managed to find a way to have Goku go "look at all my forms" again. Though I suppose SS2 and SS3 (and UI Sign/UI so far) weren't involved this time, so there's a slight improvement at least. It's also getting a little stale to see that Goku and Vegeta are once again refusing to work together because lol, but at least it's not Vegeta rushing in, I guess. Of course, Vegeta seems to be taking on the role of exposition guy, so that's probably why.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Post by Yuji » Thu May 20, 2021 11:16 am

Not a fan of how Granolah rapidly deteriorated into typical Dragon Ball villain hubris the moment he got some power, but otherwise a pretty nice chapter. I like that Vegeta is slowly figuring out the situation that they've been put in through contextual clues: the new cities being intact, the old ruins, etc. The action was very good, as well.

Someone needs to count how many times Goku has lost in Super so far.
Last edited by Yuji on Thu May 20, 2021 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.