"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DiscountDabi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by DiscountDabi » Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:31 pm

My Twitter is @UndeadOni

jd55513
Not-So-Newbie

Post by jd55513 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:53 pm

OLKv3 wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:57 pm Spoilers confirm Granolah doesn't have UI, since he's shocked and floored at seeing Goku use UI
He also couldn't beat it straight up, and had to wait till Goku's accuracy with it dropped.
Granolah seemingly has the ability to preform all those techniques due to the wish being in reference to the strongest mortals in Universe 7.
Granolah is shocked at Base UI and Silver Hair UI. However Granolah has done techniques that he even doesn't know what they are(the teleportation he did to get behind Goku and Vegeta) the blast that was similar to Hakai(and is probably Hakai).
What will probably happen is since Granolah now knows what the technique is called(ultra instinct)
If Granolah is pushed into a corner and possibly a near death experience sorta situation, he may "tap into the silver hair UI"
Imo.

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:30 pm

So Granola wanted to conserve his stamina for the upcoming battle for Freeza.

When he gained his new power, he noted how he couldn't sense Freeza's presence nearby. I wonder if he's sensed him since and realized he was far more powerful than expected or something. Or maybe he's holding Freeza's power in high regard simply because he's Freeza.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

DiscountDabi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DiscountDabi » Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:46 am

Full Summary is Out
https://twitter.com/DbsHype/status/1406 ... 40328?s=20

PurestEvil
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PurestEvil » Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:20 am

What the fuck, has a full summary of an upcoming chapter ever been released before publication?
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:52 am

PurestEvil wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:20 am What the fuck, has a full summary of an upcoming chapter ever been released before publication?
Yes it happens all the time

And I am still not impressed with this chapter

Liquir
Beyond Newbie

Post by Liquir » Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:16 am

DiscountDabi wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:46 am Full Summary is Out

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:40 am

Liquir wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:16 am
Actually, 147 years of harsh brutal training was taken from his remaining life.
(He still has 3 years left now.)

jd55513
Not-So-Newbie

Post by jd55513 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:34 pm

Liquir wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:16 am
I actually think he has UI as well. He's probably gonna trigger it when pushed into a near death experience.
If he can get Hakai....he got UI

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:44 pm

I think Granolah has UI as well. I just think he himself doesn’t know or understand all the techniques he has at his disposal yet. I guess the verdict is still out though.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:16 pm

If the Dragon couldn't make him stronger than Gods, it makes sense it didn't grant him technique's from them. Guess that's the big reveal and what will end up relevant.

I still would prefer my previous theory that he has both Hakai and UI but since it wasn't earned like Goku and Vegeta, that would be his downfall.

jd55513
Not-So-Newbie

Post by jd55513 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:35 pm

LightBing wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:16 pm If the Dragon couldn't make him stronger than Gods, it makes sense it didn't grant him technique's from them. Guess that's the big reveal and what will end up relevant.

I still would prefer my previous theory that he has both Hakai and UI but since it wasn't earned like Goku and Vegeta, that would be his downfall.
I don't think that's how it works. The Dragon can give techniques even godly ones because having them, doesn't make you on the level or power or the gods.

Goku has UI and is weaker than Whis and probably Beerus

Vegeta has Hakai and Is definitely weaker than Beerus and Whis.

See the point? It all comes back to what Toriyama said in the super exciting guide.
Power is how much ki and ki control you have, including the spiritual aspects of it.
Granolah can have UI and Hakai and still be weaker than Beerus and Whis.
I'll bet money

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:05 am

jd55513 wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:35 pm I don't think that's how it works. The Dragon can give techniques even godly ones because having them, doesn't make you on the level or power or the gods.
I agree, it's just a theory based on the apparent limitations of the Dragon regarding Gods. It could also mean that Granolah didn't have enough life to develop farther than Beerus or Whis and it has nothing to do with Godhood.

Even if techniques don't matter to straight out power, UI distinguish itself as being extremely difficult and can be classified as God like. Most Gods can't do it and Goku is the exception for a mortal.
So even if Granolah trained all his life, he would never be able to learn UI.

Jack Bz
Regular

Post by Jack Bz » Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:23 am

New chapter is out

I thought it was pretty good. Actually pretty satisfactorily answered any criticisms I was saying about ultra instinct and its weaknesses/vitals etc. I like the return of Goku using that quick fire air current attack he used against Moro while in omen. I really liked the action as a whole, especially Goku's close range Kamehameha.

Magnificent Ponta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Magnificent Ponta » Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:24 am

Chapter's out officially.

It was decent - rather more enjoyable than I expected it to be from the synopsis, but ultimately just the logical second part to what was started in the last Chapter. I was hoping for a little more to Vegeta's insight into the Cerealians (I'm never terribly patient with the story simply catching the characters up to where the reader already is), but maybe there'll be something a little different in the next chapter - not least because it's not clear to me how Vegeta can oppose Granolah without there being something a little surprising thrown into the mix. I'd also like to see the story move on a bit with whatever it is the Heeters are doing right now.

Speaking of surprises: even though it was spoiled earlier, I still enjoyed Granolah's surprise twist; it's a good moment - it also explains what that whole bit with sniping from multiple locations was about, at the beginning of the encounter in the last chapter - being actual, rather than seeming to be from more than one place. Also - chalk that up as another instance of Granolah both being a total loner and managing to incorporate Dragon Ball Super's motif of Teamwork (as he also was doing with Oatmil earlier in the arc).

I think a lot of us had supposed that the wish would have done a bare minimum job in making Granolah the strongest, only to be caught up to by the interim training, but it looks like it went and made him super crazy beyond everyone - if the misdirect was intentional, then fair play to Toriyama and Toyotarou for saving that for now.

Jack Bz
Regular

Post by Jack Bz » Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:30 am

Magnificent Ponta wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:24 am
I think a lot of us had supposed that the wish would have done a bare minimum job in making Granolah the strongest, only to be caught up to by the interim training, but it looks like it went and made him super crazy beyond everyone - if the misdirect was intentional, then fair play to Toriyama and Toyotarou for saving that for now.
I actually interpreted this as Goku still possibly being ahead, he just lost due to Granolah timing out the full potential of silver instinct using the clone, which Granolah didn't mean to do but it worked out any way.

Aizamasu

Post by Aizamasu » Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:32 am

I think the art and fight choreography in this chapter was really good. Toyotaro has really improved. Overall, I really enjoyed this chapter.

Magnificent Ponta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Magnificent Ponta » Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:38 am

Jack Bz wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:30 am
Magnificent Ponta wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:24 am
I actually interpreted this as Goku still possibly being ahead, he just lost due to Granolah timing out the full potential of silver instinct using the clone, which Granolah didn't mean to do but it worked out any way.
Hmm. Maybe. I saw it as Goku being clearly ahead of the clone, but also as that being some undetermined fraction of what Granolah can do in any case, given that he split that off from himself to conserve energy.

Shishin no Ken: The Revenge

On another note, Vegeta's deliberate goading posture at the end puts me in mind of how Beerus goaded him back in Chapter 69, so who knows? Maybe we'll get something a little like that in the next Chapter. I'd like that.

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:54 am

Whis said the Ultra Instinct is able to make the body grow sturdier if necessary. Maybe that's why Granolah wasn't able to see Goku's vitals after the complete transformation? It's still impressing that even so, Granolah is able to fatally damage Goku's body in this form, which makes me think that his real power, even after Goku and Vegeta's training, is still there as the strongest in the universe (or at least on the same level as them).
Magnificent Ponta wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:24 am Chapter's out officially.

I was hoping for a little more to Vegeta's insight into the Cerealians (I'm never terribly patient with the story simply catching the characters up to where the reader already is), but maybe there'll be something a little different in the next chapter - not least because it's not clear to me how Vegeta can oppose Granolah without there being something a little surprising thrown into the mix. I'd also like to see the story move on a bit with whatever it is the Heeters are doing right now.
As a random prediction, since Vegeta doesn't have Ultra Instinct to avoid Granolah's precise attacks, perhaps the answer to that is some sort of Hakai barrier to protect his vital points. Like the UI, this would be an answer to Granolah's fighting style, but found through another type of training.

I would also like to see more of the Cerealians' backstory in the next chapter, especially as Vegeta at least seems to have heard of the main tragedy surrounding them, and perhaps more information will be revealed. But if anything, it seems to have become clear that Vegeta does not intend to convince Granolah, unlike Goku.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:58 am

I don’t really like the last page. Leaves me on a sour note. And it’s not exactly the development I want for a Vegeta “who is letting go of his guilt”.

I do expect (Hope) Vegeta doesn’t really mean what he says there and there is more to it. Maybe he realizes that talking to Granolah like Goku was trying to is not going to get through to him and is trying a more tough approach to knock some sense into him. Comparing it to Vegeta’s fight with Beerus is interesting though and could be what they are going for.

But that all being said having to wait a whole month to see what Vegeta is really thinking is incredibly frustrating for me.