"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kinokima
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kinokima » Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:50 am

TheSaiyanGod wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:23 pm
UpFromTheSkies wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:24 am Maybe to fully utilize hakai, he has to embrace his violent and destructive side, and bring out the old Vegeta that he's been suppressing all these years. Has anyone else thought of this?
People have been arguing about the possibility that Vegeta is reproducing what Beerus did to him before, and that he's going to try to destabilize Granolah with those words (without actually being serious about the stuff he said)

However, perhaps there is the possibility that these words are not a fakeout after all, and this is just the result of his training. Since Beerus claims that Vegeta needs to maintain the destruction mindset to fully reproduce the power of a GoD, the time he spent on Beerus' planet may have changed Vegeta's previous view about regret and guilt for past events, and this could end up making Vegeta push Granolah too hard, disdaining his clan's death and turning him into the opposite of what he was before. In short, it changed Vegeta and made him closer to Beerus, which might make him regret it later, causing the need for him to find a better balance between getting rid of thoughts that just hold him back, but at the same time not totally changing the person he became when embracing the mindset mentioned by Beerus
It’s a possibility but I think the way he said his lines are way to over the top to not be faking. I mean it’s possible he is calling back his old self to get into a Destroyer mind frame but is also using his old self (like he did with Cabba) to rile Granolah up

And Granolah is already trying to kill Goku & Vegeta and wouldn’t listen to reason when Goku tried to talk to him. He is already at a pretty extreme point.

I just hope whatever Toyo is doing it won’t make Vegeta look bad. I don’t mean fight wise but character wise.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:00 pm

Ssgvegito30 wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:45 pm
Miracles wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:47 pm
Thani wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:17 pm

No downplaying here, he won fair and square by exploiting weaknessess and using tactics.
Indeed. Like Granolah has been doing since the start of the fight.
PurestEvil wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:20 pm

welp. hope for the best, expect the worst!
I think Vegeta may outshine Goku here tho. He has new threads to show off. Still eventually takes an L.
I highly doubt vegeta may take an L because of what granolahh said at the end of this chapter " I don't really care who dies 1st because if vegeta loses than granolah will kill them with out a second thought so, I believe either vegeta somehow will surprise granolah with what he learned through beerus training and after the fight will try to reason with granolah or if Granolah is about to win than maybe something will happen during the fight that granolah will have to stop fighting maybe the heaters will ressurect the dragon or maybe he will some how sense frieza's energy the fight between vegeta and granolah can go many ways I'm really curious to find out how this fight ends!
I think the situation in bold is more likely. We should be seeing Eleec and Gas descend soon.

DiscountDabi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DiscountDabi » Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:04 pm

Miracles wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:00 pm I think the situation in bold is more likely. We should be seeing Eleec and Gas descend soon.
Hehe. Descending Gas.

Sorry, I had to. :lol:

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:42 pm

DiscountDabi wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:04 pm
Miracles wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:00 pm I think the situation in bold is more likely. We should be seeing Eleec and Gas descend soon.
Hehe. Descending Gas.

Sorry, I had to. :lol:
:lol:

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:26 pm

Speaking of Gas, I'm really interested in seeing what he's capable of.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:43 pm

Super Saiyan Turlast x4 wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:26 pm Speaking of Gas, I'm really interested in seeing what he's capable of.
Me too. It's possible the oracle fish's prophecy might be talking about him as the true strongest.

Magnificent Ponta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Magnificent Ponta » Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:50 pm

It would be pretty funny if Vegeta goads Granolah into splitting off another ki clone, only with most of his power in it, and he just goes and Hakais it.

That sort of 'easy go' to complement the 'easy come' of Granolah's power would suit me right down to the ground.

PurestEvil
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PurestEvil » Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:38 am

Magnificent Ponta wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:50 pm It would be pretty funny if Vegeta goads Granolah into splitting off another ki clone, only with most of his power in it, and he just goes and Hakais it.

That sort of 'easy go' to complement the 'easy come' of Granolah's power would suit me right down to the ground.
I swear if Vegeta does this I will pop a cold one
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:48 am

Gas probably has some trick up his sleeve that will give him an advantage against Graonolah and Goku, and they'll have to team up together to stop Gas.

Nistarkail
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Nistarkail » Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:38 pm

I have the impression that Elec will use OG-73 to register everything as Madara Uchiha did with Zetsu (all of this while Gas will show his power). After this, Elec will become the main antagonist to beat (even if I don't see him suitable to be a really superstrong enemy, but who guess).

DiscountDabi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DiscountDabi » Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:19 am

I'm really excited for the reaction Granolah will have when he finally listens to reason and realizes that the Heeters Tricked Him. He's so Blinded by Rage that once he finds out he's gonna snap.

After this arc or As an Extention of this arc, I'd want to see Goku Vegeta and Granloah Bouncing Around the Universe on a "Grand Tour" :lol: Looking for Frieza and dismantling his Army Across the Universe so he can't come back again. And then thats the end of Frieza for good cause I'm tired of him being around.

Nistarkail
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Nistarkail » Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:14 am

DiscountDabi wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:19 am I'm really excited for the reaction Granolah will have when he finally listens to reason and realizes that the Heeters Tricked Him. He's so Blinded by Rage that once he finds out he's gonna snap.

After this arc or As an Extention of this arc, I'd want to see Goku Vegeta and Granloah Bouncing Around the Universe on a "Grand Tour" :lol: Looking for Frieza and dismantling his Army Across the Universe so he can't come back again. And then thats the end of Frieza for good cause I'm tired of him being around.
It can be a Toyotaro's ending if you also add the classic party at Caps Co., etc :D

I think that instead:
A) Somebody will revert Toronbo's wish, making Granolah strong as when we see him for the first time (more or less like Merus). Then, Granolah will travel in the Universe in order to gain the lost power, because he's a really competitive warrior.

B) Granolah will die before or after three years, reuniting with the lost ones with his apologies for all the troubles, etc.

Meanwhile Elec and his buddies (except Gas who's not an evil guy, after all) will be erased by Frieza or Beerus.

BWri

Post by BWri » Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:29 am

DiscountDabi wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:19 am I'm really excited for the reaction Granolah will have when he finally listens to reason and realizes that the Heeters Tricked Him. He's so Blinded by Rage that once he finds out he's gonna snap.
I don't think he'd care. I have the feeling that unless it's related to Saiyans or Freeza, he's a pretty laid back guy. I think he'd let the betrayal slide since he seems to somewhat like the Heeters ... maybe like is too strong a word. I do wonder if he'll have any regrets.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:21 am

BWri wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:29 am
I don't think he'd care. I have the feeling that unless it's related to Saiyans or Freeza, he's a pretty laid back guy. I think he'd let the betrayal slide since he seems to somewhat like the Heeters ... maybe like is too strong a word. I do wonder if he'll have any regrets.
The Heeters are part of the reason his planet was destroyed too. They work with Freeza to destroy planets and then profit off the destruction.

Jackal puFF

Post by Jackal puFF » Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:13 pm

Do y'all think we will see Uub at the end of this? Sorry, had to ask. But Granolah seems to be a ticking time bomb.

BWri

Post by BWri » Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:03 pm

Kinokima wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:21 am The Heeters are part of the reason his planet was destroyed too. They work with Freeza to destroy planets and then profit off the destruction.
Thanks! I gotta re-read it. Not sure how I missed or forgot about that.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:56 pm

BWri wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:03 pm
Kinokima wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:21 am The Heeters are part of the reason his planet was destroyed too. They work with Freeza to destroy planets and then profit off the destruction.
Thanks! I gotta re-read it. Not sure how I missed or forgot about that.
Chapter 70 pgs 42-43 to be exact

Jack Bz
Regular

Post by Jack Bz » Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:32 pm

Not sure if anyone else has thought this, but I was thinking today that it would be quite interesting if Freeza has actually died already off screen (perhaps via whoever the movie antagonist will be) and it will be a reveal near the end of the arc.

The fact that he hasn't been seen at all this arc despite being mentioned multiple times every chapter made me think it might be the case. Granolah says that he can't sense him. Elec himself even says that he doesn't know where Freeza is. Granted, he may have only said that to get Granolah off of his back for the time being while he thought of the plan to pit him against Goku and Vegeta, but it could have been a true statement either way.

Probably not going to be the case, or it's just as likely that Freeza is doing some other background scheme. But I had a re-read of the chapters keeping the idea that Freeza is dead in my mind, and there's nothing to contradict it so far at least. Especially since news travels slowly in the universe (Granolah went the whole of the Moro arc not knowing that Freeza was revived. Perhaps maybe since RoF).

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:16 pm

Jackal puFF wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:13 pm Do y'all think we will see Uub at the end of this? Sorry, had to ask. But Granolah seems to be a ticking time bomb.
I don't see a way for his character to come into play here, but I wasn't expecting him to appear during the fight with Moro either, so you never know. Hopefully we see him soon, I'd like him to take up the mantle as the main character after Super ends.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:40 pm

UpFromTheSkies wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:16 pm
Jackal puFF wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:13 pm Do y'all think we will see Uub at the end of this? Sorry, had to ask. But Granolah seems to be a ticking time bomb.
I don't see a way for his character to come into play here, but I wasn't expecting him to appear during the fight with Moro either, so you never know.
If I recall correctly, there was a statement back when the arc was starting out that claimed that all the Z-Fighters would get involved in the fight. Obviously there's no way for that to happen as things are now, so the story is bound to evolve and twist in like ten different ways before we get to the final fight, and by then it might not be so outlandish anymore. We'll see.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link