"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:36 am

redon wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:31 am The spoilers and the picture are REAL. I have my own sources, different from other "usual" leakers :wink:

Anyone here is in Arlong Park Forums or MangaHelpers Forums? Then probably you know me :wave:
The pages are legit and looks like you're the real deal. Is there any particular reason why you only decided to leak DBS stuff now?
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

DiscountDabi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DiscountDabi » Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:48 am

Trouser wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:53 am So it is true. The worst Saiyan transformation ever. The concept of Hakaishin powerup is nice, but... Ugly, ugly, ugly. Now I'm hoping it's only one time thing and will be forgotten afterwards. Yuck.
I would hate this even more. I don't think Fan backlash should ever affect something on that scale. Something like the Sonic Movie is One thing where they changed it before the movie came out. But in this instance if they just had Vegeta never use the form again because some fans don't like it then I think thats really stupid and would undermine Vegeta a lot.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:55 am

Xeogran wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:09 am I just hope this form won't runout when Vegeta is about to deal the final hit. It's such a common trope, especially in these kind of rage-fueled transformations.

Of course Granolah isn't dying here, but I'd rather have it end in other way.
I hope the fight gets interrupted somehow than Vegeta’s brand new form just straight out loses but I am not getting my hopes up.

The chapter isn’t out yet and it already feels we have another month of waiting because we know the major thing that happened this chapter.

DiscountDabi wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:48 am
Trouser wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:53 am So it is true. The worst Saiyan transformation ever. The concept of Hakaishin powerup is nice, but... Ugly, ugly, ugly. Now I'm hoping it's only one time thing and will be forgotten afterwards. Yuck.
I would hate this even more. I don't think Fan backlash should ever affect something on that scale. Something like the Sonic Movie is One thing where they changed it before the movie came out. But in this instance if they just had Vegeta never use the form again because some fans don't like it then I think thats really stupid and would undermine Vegeta a lot.
While I personally hope this isn’t the final version of the form because I am just not a big fan of it you are absolutely right.

In fact listening to fan backlash in this case would be stupid because while a lot of fans may dislike the form just as many seem to really like it based on comments I’ve been reading on Twitter and other social media sites.
Last edited by Kinokima on Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:57 am

Heroes should have used this too it's weird to have two new vegeta forms in like one month.

I don't like vegeta getting bullshit forms just to keep in Gokus tier. Just let him fall behind there are already too many forms. I miss old EoZ where while piccolo and the humans and shin were behind it wasn't insane behind SS2 and Gokus 3
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Marz
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Marz » Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:00 pm

Kinokima wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:15 am I would say maybe negative if the overall responsive to the new form was bad. But that’s not the case and you got both supporters and detractors here. So it definitely got people interested.
From what I'm seeing, overall the response is mixed, as expected from a transformation like this, it will no doubt cause all sorts of reactions due to its different design. In some places the reactions are mostly positive, I would say maybe Kanzenshuu is the least positive that I'm seeing. Of course, there's no gauge for this sort of thing, so it's just a general impression. Considering how much this shook up the fandom, the result must have been as expected.

Marz
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Marz » Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:09 pm

DiscountDabi wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:48 am I would hate this even more. I don't think Fan backlash should ever affect something on that scale. Something like the Sonic Movie is One thing where they changed it before the movie came out. But in this instance if they just had Vegeta never use the form again because some fans don't like it then I think thats really stupid and would undermine Vegeta a lot.
That's not how it works though. Super Saiyan Blue received huge amounts of hate when it first appeared and even today many people don't like it. And yet, to this day it is a form that is constantly used and stamped on all kinds of promotional material.

And even if it worked that way, criticism would always exist and in this case it's not nearly as harsh

Magnificent Ponta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Magnificent Ponta » Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:16 pm

Kinokima wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:55 am
Xeogran wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:09 am I just hope this form won't runout when Vegeta is about to deal the final hit. It's such a common trope, especially in these kind of rage-fueled transformations.

Of course Granolah isn't dying here, but I'd rather have it end in other way.
I hope the fight gets interrupted somehow than Vegeta’s brand new form just straight out loses but I am not getting my hopes up.
I assume that the Heeters will finally make their move and this will interrupt the fight before it can be resolved one way or the other.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:42 pm

pepd wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:06 amToriyama gave him one for his GT design though. Maybe is also connected? :lol:
Makes sense. Vegeta's always been a God of Destruction, we just didn't know it.
BWri wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:26 am One does not simply talk about the Super Duper Lorax form on these message boards. The world must not yet know that Vegeta has this ace up his sleeve, so I mustache you to keep this under wraps :shh:
My bad. But also just like Toppo, Vegeta must lose his hair too... :shifty:
TobyS wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:57 am Heroes should have used this too it's weird to have two new vegeta forms in like one month.
Heroes doesn't come up with new forms, only variations to already existing ones. It's just goes to show that wackiness is more likely to appear in Dragon Ball Super.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

DiscountDabi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DiscountDabi » Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:06 pm

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:13 pm

DiscountDabi wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:06 pm
Is this official?

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:17 pm

Would you care to put a bit more effort into elaborating on this image and why you’re posting it?

Is it real? Fan made? Can you help us out?

Jiren The Alpha
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Jiren The Alpha » Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:31 pm

Just like Demon Slayer, all this transformation needs is an anime too carry it. I don't thing a manga panel is enough.

DiscountDabi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DiscountDabi » Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:51 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:17 pm
Would you care to put a bit more effort into elaborating on this image and why you’re posting it?

Is it real? Fan made? Can you help us out?
Right sorry. Its fan made. Comes from @Launlyy on Twitter.

Edit: Something to note in relation to this new form. Open a new tab, and google "The Color Of Royalty"

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Tai Lung » Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:11 pm

Kinokima wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:48 am
Tai Lung wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:30 am :D
I know this a joke but so many people expected Vegeta’s destruction to be the same as Toppo’s even though that was an anime only thing.

Anyways personally I think he is meant to resemble a caveman/Ape man which does harken back to his Saiyan heritage.

Though I have seen some people say he is meant to look Beerus. That doesn’t entirely make sense to me since it’s not like all Destructions Gods look the same. But that could also be what Toyo was going for.

Edit: As for people saying this is for merchandise sales nothing in the manga has been merchandised.
According to the spoilers and the context, the transformation is linked to Hakaishin and it has nothing to do with the saiyans ...
the fans are misinterpreting the words of beerrus about the saiyans only thinking about destruction which is why for vegeta it is easier to achieve it ...
This is more of a reference to Anime TOP when Toppo forgot justice and concentrated on destroying

Piccolo would fit better God Mode

superfan2024
Regular

Post by superfan2024 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:23 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:36 am
redon wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:31 am The spoilers and the picture are REAL. I have my own sources, different from other "usual" leakers :wink:

Anyone here is in Arlong Park Forums or MangaHelpers Forums? Then probably you know me :wave:
The pages are legit and looks like you're the real deal. Is there any particular reason why you only decided to leak DBS stuff now?
I was thinking the same thing.

> Comes back to Kanzenshuu after 5 year hiatus
> Leaks new Vegeta form that stirs the entire fandom
> Leaves :clap:

He of course is the real deal and the pages/summary he gave to us seem to be authentic, but it's funny how it all went down.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:24 pm

Kinokima wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:48 am Edit: As for people saying this is for merchandise sales nothing in the manga has been merchandised.
Not true

DiscountDabi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DiscountDabi » Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:40 pm

mute_proxy wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:24 pm
Kinokima wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:48 am Edit: As for people saying this is for merchandise sales nothing in the manga has been merchandised.
Not true
Oh shit are those official. Cause I'd buy that Rose one in a Heartbeat

Edit: Something I just noticed.

The Weaknesses that Whis pointed out in Resurrection of F are becoming Goku and Vegeta's Strenghts.

He said that Goku was too calm and took things to easy and now he's learning a power that relies on a calm and relaxed mind.

Whis also said that Vegeta was wound up too tight and had a chip on his shoulder and was too focused for his own good.

And now based on the Translations of the Chapter, Vegeta's new form is driven by instinct. We heard from Beerus before that since his mind was focused on Destruction there is no limit to his power. Meaning Vegeta is more focused than ever and is now using that strong focus to further his power.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Sun Jul 18, 2021 3:31 pm

mute_proxy wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:24 pm
Not true
Okay not absolutely nothing but one gashaphon set is not really disproving my point that the Vegeta’s form was not made for Merchandise when there isn’t really any manga merchandise. And nothing is added to Mobile or Video Games either.

Before I get a correction on this last part. Vegeta does a move in Dokkan that was introduced in the manga.

But no specific characters are moments are used in the games from the manga. Like you are not going to see Moro in Dokkan or a Moro figure probably unless the arc is ever animated. I certainly would love a Vegeta figure in the Yadrat outfit myself though.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Sun Jul 18, 2021 3:40 pm

Tai Lung wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:11 pm
Kinokima wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:48 am
Tai Lung wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:30 am :D
I know this a joke but so many people expected Vegeta’s destruction to be the same as Toppo’s even though that was an anime only thing.

Anyways personally I think he is meant to resemble a caveman/Ape man which does harken back to his Saiyan heritage.

Though I have seen some people say he is meant to look Beerus. That doesn’t entirely make sense to me since it’s not like all Destructions Gods look the same. But that could also be what Toyo was going for.

Edit: As for people saying this is for merchandise sales nothing in the manga has been merchandised.
According to the spoilers and the context, the transformation is linked to Hakaishin and it has nothing to do with the saiyans ...
the fans are misinterpreting the words of beerrus about the saiyans only thinking about destruction which is why for vegeta it is easier to achieve it ...
This is more of a reference to Anime TOP when Toppo forgot justice and concentrated on destroying

Piccolo would fit better God Mode

If you read the actual translation he specifically mentions the Blood of Saiyans flows in me DIRECTLY before transforming. He then says the God of Destruction taught me this. And for a Power driven on instinct there is no limit to what I can do.

Other than that we know nothing about what this new form can and can’t do and whether Vegeta’s transformation here is linked to him being Saiyan or it’s a specific God of Destruction transformation.

Vegeta’s new form though has nothing to do with Anime Toppo because that was ONLY in the anime and there is no reference to it in the manga.

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 3:58 pm

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 11:47 pm The amount of over-the-top knee-jerk reactions I’ve seen from these leaks is hilarious. My Twitter timeline is filled with “I’m done with modern Dragon Ball”. :lol: People need to chill.
So just like every month?