"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by goku the krump dancer » Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:09 pm

Miracles wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 4:09 am Stopped at cult of Zalama.
Dude, same :lol: :lol:

People have this habit of clinging to throwaway lore statements made in guidebooks or pamphlets instead of just taking it for a it is. Just a rando comment about something that isn’t really THAT important in the grand scheme or hold no real weight on things we saw in the comics or show.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Trouser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Trouser » Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:33 am

Dragon Balls can't be stolen. Maybe if person A takes them from person B without person B agreeing, but other than that, they can't be stolen, because they're not someone's property.

Also, the image and premise screams "fake".
"If it means having to live under your control, I'd rather be dead!" - Trunks
English is not my first language, if I've made a mistake, please, feel free to correct me. It will help, thanks.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:25 pm

As a funny follow-up... Last time a Dragon Ball was "stolen" by Pilaf and we know how that ended up :lol:
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Bardock God of Time
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:54 pm

The cliffhanger of the Granolah arc seems to lead into another Frieza arc tbh. (IK the "leak" is fake)

Things I'd love to see in Future Arcs:

Beerus Backstory, more information about Zalama & the Original Super Saiyan God, Frieza Race Backstory

Just more worldbuilding, I'd love to see more about U6 and the other Universes...but there's a lot in Universe 7 that can still be explained

FatLee

Post by FatLee » Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:47 pm

Bardock God of Time wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:54 pm The cliffhanger of the Granolah arc seems to lead into another Frieza arc tbh. (IK the "leak" is fake)

I feel the cliffhanger opened itself for future arcs, but not the immediately next arc. :)

With DB (Z, GT, and S too), have we really ever had a good betrayal moment? I always feel these make for great storylines. Doesn't even have to be a current Z warrior, could introduce someone who could implement that notion arcs down the line.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:12 pm

FatLee wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:47 pm
Bardock God of Time wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:54 pm The cliffhanger of the Granolah arc seems to lead into another Frieza arc tbh. (IK the "leak" is fake)

I feel the cliffhanger opened itself for future arcs, but not the immediately next arc. :)

With DB (Z, GT, and S too), have we really ever had a good betrayal moment? I always feel these make for great storylines. Doesn't even have to be a current Z warrior, could introduce someone who could implement that notion arcs down the line.
-The best example I can think of is Dende, in GT, giving the DBs to Baby. The consequences of that betrayal - he was possessed, though- were big.
-Second best is Vegeta letting Cell perfect his body, although he wasn't actually betraying anybody's trust. He never pretended to be on the hero's side, he was vocal about his intentions, so I'm not sure if it counts as betrayal.
-Vegeta also betrayed Freeza back in Namek. That was textbook betrayal.
-The Heatas betrayed Granola after he got his wish granted.

LoganForkHands73
Advanced Regular

Post by LoganForkHands73 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:17 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:12 pm -The best example I can think of is Dende, in GT, giving the DBs to Baby. The consequences of that betrayal - he was possessed, though- were big.
-Second best is Vegeta letting Cell perfect his body, although he wasn't actually betraying anybody's trust. He never pretended to be on the hero's side, he was vocal about his intentions, so I'm not sure if it counts as betrayal.
-Vegeta also betrayed Freeza back in Namek. That was textbook betrayal.
-The Heatas betrayed Granola after he got his wish granted.
Ooh, good examples.

The Namek arc also gave us a sympathetic betrayal that had big consequences: Nail going back on his word to the Grand Elder to help the humans against the Ginyus. Could've really fucked everyone there. Then there's Vegeta also bouncing when he promised to help Goku against Ginyu himself.

That in-hindsight-obviously-fake leak about a horror arc really got me hankering for something like that. But then again, I'd have higher expectations of a more comedic arc after Toyotaro said he took inspiration from Super Hero.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:28 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:21 am
The whole concept about 12 universes in DB always felt like something pretty cool to me back to Battle of Gods (2013), too bad we never had them to be proper developed...

I mean Earth after OG DB felt pretty small, Namek was a dull planet, I liked that GT explored better the Universe (7) than most of Z and I expected Super to do the same stuff with these new universes, but the only that are mid developed are 6 and 11?

Maybe Toriyama is not much into world building, but I always felt like a miss from this series who introduces a universe full of interesting people and mechanics.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:38 pm

I guess here it is.

Something to look forward to, high time for some Goten and Trunks in the lead roles. If I don't get a proper teen Gotenks this time, someone will pay dearly. Thank you.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:42 pm

Finally a Goten and Trunks focused story. I'm interested. Don't do my boy dirty like you do Goku dirty, Toyotaro. Please.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:54 pm

Oh no, I can't believe this popular media mix franchise's comic is continuing!

Sure do hope we get some Trunks x Goten goodness out of this.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Post by batistabus » Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:25 am

Seems ripe for silly antics. I'm pleased!

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:52 am

Looking forward to it! Sounds like a nice change of pace from the last two arcs. Still, pretty interesting they're not moving past Super Hero. There must be something else in store for that, probably.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:57 am

This pretty much confirms that the manga and the new movies exist in the same story. I figured that this whole time, but I’ve seen a lot of people say that Super Hero isn’t canon to the story of DBS. :crazy:

Nice to see Goten and Trunks having a lead role. I imagine this’ll be a much shorter arc compared to Moro and Granolah.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:04 am

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:57 am This pretty much confirms that the manga and the new movies exist in the same story. I figured that this whole time, but I’ve seen a lot of people say that Super Hero isn’t canon to the story of DBS. :crazy:

Nice to see Goten and Trunks having a lead role. I imagine this’ll be a much shorter arc compared to Moro and Granolah.
That's a strange position for them to take considering there comic itself practically screams "Go watch Movies #19-20! We don't have time to do story arcs for them in this comic!"
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

nonono

Post by nonono » Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:25 am

I cant believe it!!! Trunks and Goten are finally getting some attention

exited for this!!!

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Thu Nov 17, 2022 3:24 am

Not … feeling too enthused for this, since they show up in both Super Hero and the original epilogue in such minor roles. With this being a prequel to both, we know nothing radical can happen.

It could be a fun enough one-off, but it’s limiting itself so much out of the gate, even in terms of how much it’s characters can do. It really reminds me of the “Your favorites are here!” mindset the story buckles under in the Earthlings vs. Moro’s goons chapters, but nostalgic favorites getting a spotlight doesn’t get me inherently excited like something with more forward momentum does…

We’ll see though! Just my reaction right out of the gate, for posterity.

Alkiser
Beyond Newbie

Post by Alkiser » Thu Nov 17, 2022 4:43 am

It's unfortunate that the time of the plot was set before Super Hero, because it kills more room for maneuver and takes away the possibility of a more important role for Goten and Trunks in the future.

Geraldo
Beyond Newbie

Post by Geraldo » Thu Nov 17, 2022 4:53 am

For all sincerity, I am not excited for this Goten and Trunks placement in the front. I have never liked them.

It also feels like they have ran out of ideas how to take the story out of Universe 7, and/or rushing the story to the limits of the 10 years timeslot Dragon Ball Super is supposed to occur in because of online complaints. I feel like that was done just to shush some of the modern critics off, rather than completing the story the way they originally planned to (story arcs being relatively close in time to one another).

jjbgood
Not-So-Newbie

Post by jjbgood » Thu Nov 17, 2022 5:37 am

its cool they are trying to do something different. away from the Goku and Vegeta show... but... as a prequel to super hero, where they were introduced as even imcapable of fusion... i dont know. could work as a comedic arc, or as well a little bit to give them characters apart form being comic reliefs... but... i doubt it...
i really hoped super would finally go after EoZ...
but maybe they are just trying to fill the gap between Granolah and Super Hero. There is a possibility its not a straight time jump arc but more like a bridge, with lot of slice of life to will the gap. More about Pan and Piccolos relationship, more about their training, how did Broly end up on Beerus planet, how did it start with piccolos stuff animal collection, you know, just stuff that happend in the movie prior, but now fleshed out... i would like that, i think.
HOST AND FOUNDER OF THE GERMAN DRAGON BALL PODCAST "KAMEHAMEHA".
ADVISOR FOR THE GERMAN DUB OF DRAGON BALL SUPER.
FAN FOR OVER 20 YEARS.
https://kame-hame-ha.de/