"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

precita
Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by precita » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:37 am

Manga is garbage. All the universe characters don't do anything and half the main cast has done nothing either. Gohan wll probably quickly lose to Kefla next issue, I have no idea who Roshi is even going to fight at this point unless he takes out Frost this time.

Awful. All the great moments from the anime are not in the manga, we don't get any of the great character work either.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:42 am

PFM18 wrote:
"Unlike my colleagues, I am actually a force to be reckoned with"
.."takes these real attacks"

He calls his teammates both obviously not a force to be reckoned with and implies that they don't have real attacks.
How's that a positive? He suddenly has this ability out of absolutely nowhere. The only time this is used is both times that he became Vegetto but he himself had never used it.[/quote]
Yet they were destroying Kale :lol: Is just Dyspo bragging, one of his traits in both mediums.Because
    It looks awesome, I like seeing new attacks for Vegeta and Goku since it gets kinda boring seeing the same Galick guns,final flash and Kamehameha over and over so I don't mind seeing this technique even if is kinda dumb.
    Mostly active on discord.

Zamasu55
    I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:44 am

Ssj Goku > weakest Pride Troopers >>> Aniraza.

Toyotaro logic.

PFM18
    Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:50 am

Zamasu55 wrote:Ssj Goku > weakest Pride Troopers >>> Aniraza.

Toyotaro logic.
    What's wrong with that! You're such a manga hater!

alakazam^
    I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:51 am

Meshack wrote:2. The narrator says the Cell Jrs. regenerated.
    No, he doesn't. He said what I wrote.

Torturephile
    Regular

Post by Torturephile » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:59 am

I didn't like it. Too many fighters, even some that I didn't care for in the anime, were spanked out of the arena, eliminating a ridiculous of amount of universes almost at once as a result. Freeza was nowhere to be seen despite getting ready to resume his fight with Kale at the end of the last chapter. Jiren stands there watching his team be mutilated, so I believe there's a chance of his Superman personality being an act since I never bought it at all, or he is confident in himself.

I did like universe 11's teamwork, the development for some of the U6 characters, and that Kale was far more threatening here than in the anime despite believing it to be overdone and missing the controlled transformed state she was in after episode 113, which I liked.

For the next chapter, Gohan will either turn maximum overultimate Gohan to defeat Kefla, or he'll get brutally chopped to pieces which will be rewarded to the winner of the tournament. I would prefer if the latter happened.
    Rhuagh wrote:Blame editorial for the pacing, not Toyotaro. What did you guys want him to do? Storm the Dragon Room office, slap the editors and execs across their faces and say "no, I won't rush the manga to promote the movie!" ? Lmao.
    Yes, preferably if he hid camera in the room so we can see how it went down. Live-action Dragon Ball movie featuring Toyotaro as himself, better than Evolution.

BanterTheGreat

Post by BanterTheGreat » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:17 pm

While the eliminations of universes would have better been devided between the previous chapter and this one, I still enjoyed it.

Kale finally worth something and doesn't feel like another empty threat like in the anime.
    Cabba's elimination was much better than generic frieza torture.
    I myself found like three quarters of the ToP boring filler anyway, so this is a great way to remove those guys.
    It is a shame the namekians got eliminated so quickly, but they are just another opponent anyway. The fact that they are both nameks means nothing. While i would have liked them to have a fight with gohan or piccolo, it doesn't bother me.
    Overal this is one of the chapters where i actually got excited while reading something, instead of just going 'cool'.
    EDIT: Oh right, I liked the way they fused, I absolutely loved the fact that caulifa just took the potara's without them knowing, togheter with everything Champa, I liked the dialogue.
    Last edited by BanterTheGreat on Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

namekiansaiyan
    I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:18 pm

There is no excuse for rushing this arc and what happened in this chapter was a joke. You simply don't introduce so many fighters and do nothing with then.

How is Gohan going to fight against Kefla? He is going to get destroyed and Roshi will probably Mufaba her and that will be him done.

IM21
    Banned

Post by IM21 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:28 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:There is no excuse for rushing this arc and what happened in this chapter was a joke. You simply don't introduce so many fighters and do nothing with then.

How is Gohan going to fight against Kefla? He is going to get destroyed and Roshi will probably Mufaba her and that will be him done.
    The excuse is that Toyo most likely has a deadline till December to finish this arc and start with the Broly stuff. So he probably wanted to get rid of most of the fighters and save the most important fights for the last 5 chapters.

jeffbr92
    Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:29 pm

Khandom101 wrote:After reading this manga chapter. I've got to say, the anime version of the top arc far surpasses anything that the manga has put out thus far.
    Jiren is a huge disappointment, the main antagonist feels like a cheap side character that Goku has to fight in the end. It's like Toyotaro not even trying anymore (not that he was doing better before).
    I see it like Toriyama is giving too many liberties to Toyotaro while writing this manga or even worse he is okay with every shit he includes on it. Which is something that should get us worried, do Toriyama see DB as just a dumb story like Toyotaro is presenting to us?

I can say that not even Gohan willing to face Kale got me interested on the next chapter, what is that besides fan service? Gohan is not the guy who likes to fight to show himself unlike his anime conterpart.
    IM21 wrote:The excuse is that Toyo most likely has a deadline till December to finish this arc and start with the Broly stuff. So he probably wanted to get rid of most of the fighters and save the most important fights for the last 5 chapters.
    So what we have to do about it? He should have show some respect to some that still enjoy his approach of Super, people don't care that he's willing to write Broly stuff, people want a decent story to read at least.
    Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

IM21
    Banned

Post by IM21 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:40 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:
    IM21 wrote:The excuse is that Toyo most likely has a deadline till December to finish this arc and start with the Broly stuff. So he probably wanted to get rid of most of the fighters and save the most important fights for the last 5 chapters.
    So what we have to do about it? He should have show some respect to some that still enjoy his approach of Super, people don't care that he's willing to write Broly stuff, people want a decent story to read at least.
    Like i said it's not up to Toyo how long this will last. He was most likely said that he needs to finish this till December. I am pretty sure he would also give some other fighters more time if he had free hands on this.

And btw, i am also not a fan of this rushed chapter.

PFM18
    Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:52 pm

IM21 wrote:
    namekiansaiyan wrote:There is no excuse for rushing this arc and what happened in this chapter was a joke. You simply don't introduce so many fighters and do nothing with then.

The excuse is that Toyo most likely has a deadline till December to finish this arc and start with the Broly stuff. So he probably wanted to get rid of most of the fighters and save the most important fights for the last 5 chapters.
    Right.

Cabba did provide some exposition on the Legendary Super Saiyan in this chapter that wasn't in the anime. I'm sure he has the Broly stuff in mind as he is writing these chapters. For better or for worse it appears to be influencing how he is going about the ToP.

It is amazing how polarizing the DBS manga is. People either love it or they hate it.

Doctor.
    Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:02 pm

How terrible. This chapter is such a waste. And I thought the anime was bad in how it utilized its cast. There's no variety here. Absolutely none. The relevant characters get all the spotlight, which may seem obvious, but all that means is that it's monotonous when nobody else is doing anything of worth. Probably the worst chapter so far and that's saying something.

Jiren's characterization also seems incredibly inconsistent. It's almost as if his personality at the start of the tournament was written one way before someone stepped in and told Toyotaro he's not supposed to care for his teammates.
    Last edited by Doctor. on Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VegettoEX
    Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:04 pm

PFM18 wrote:
    Zamasu55 wrote:Ssj Goku > weakest Pride Troopers >>> Aniraza.

Toyotaro logic.
    What's wrong with that! You're such a manga hater!
    Both of these comments represent contributions that do not live up to the spirit of our community guidelines, which you agreed to (twice) prior to registration.

Please strive for something more.
    :: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
    :: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
    :: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

wolflonnie
    Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by wolflonnie » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:07 pm

Kefla, yo te detendre.

PFM18
    Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:11 pm

wolflonnie wrote:Kefla, yo te detendre.
    What? Care to explain?

prince212
    OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by prince212 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:15 pm

PFM18 wrote:
    What? Care to explain?
    Translate to : I will stop you .
    Gohan has a plan , teamwork with Roshi ...
    It was as if a whole lot of people ...were screaming in pain....

Doctor.
    Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:15 pm

PFM18 wrote:
    What? Care to explain?
    It's a meme.

LimitbreakerKrillin
    Not-So-Newbie

Post by LimitbreakerKrillin » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:17 pm

Loving how Kale is portrayed here, no sceaming "Gokuuu!" that kakarotto like mantra like with OG Broly. She's not SSB level, Toyo simply just avoid any fight between SSB and Kale. There was an instance where she managed to, by suprise, push Vegeta and Toppo of the the stage, but I wouldnt consider that to mean her being stronger than blue.

what I dont like is, as what someone mentioned before, the weird transition. Before Goku was with Frieza and then suddenly he's standing next to Jiren. Frieza is nowhere to be found.

Another thing is Jiren's character becoming closer to his anime counterpart in terms of personality. Not a fan of that.

As for the mass elimations of fodder characters. I dont really care about them tbh. I'm just interested in the main cast. Also its going to take to year 2020 before we see the end of ToP if Toyo decides to dedicate chapters to all fodder characters.

Doctor.
    Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:20 pm

LimitbreakerKrillin wrote:Loving how Kale is portrayed here, no sceaming "Gokuuu!" that kakarotto like mantra like with OG Broly. She's not SSB level, Toyo simply just avoid any fight between SSB and Kale. There was an instance where she managed to, by suprise, push Vegeta and Toppo of the the stage, but I wouldnt consider that to mean her being stronger than blue.
    Did you ignore the chapter where she defeated both SSB Goku and Golden Freeza at the same time?