"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by PFM18 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:08 pm

Zamasu55 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:05 am
Miracles wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:11 pm
Zamasu55 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:50 pm So, after seeing Ssj Caulifla holding her own against Golden Freeza, Ssj Berserker Kale slaughtering half the fighters during the ToP and then losing to the weakest Pride Troopers, Ssj Kefla losing to Gohan and freaking Muten Roshi dodging freaking Jiren's punches, we have a new low, ladies and gentlemen:

Good Buu, the weakest version of Majin Buu, beating the crap out of somebody who was trading blows with Ssj God Vegeta way before absorbing his ki.

:thumbup:
Did you not read where Moro asked Buu/Dai Kai how he came to such strength at the end of the chapter? Making Buu's surprise power a mystery still? I'll answer that for you , you didn't. I also recommend you go back and read the former things you tried to criticize cause you are wrong on those too.
And how did he get stronger? Was it explained? No.
The idea is that it wasn't explained yet

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:16 pm

^Yeah, that's the idea. Moro is talking to Dai Kai. He wants to know where he got this ability from. The answer could be because of Buu just being stronger than Dai Kai. Then people are going to want an answer to how Buu got strong enough to wallop Moro.

head_cha_la
Not-So-Newbie

Post by head_cha_la » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:53 pm

Maybe Moro will lose everything on Namek, his fight and the included Dragon Balls and will run away, then will feel the Super Dragon Balls with his new power and will endanger the universe 6. Finally it's just a theory Dragon Ball Super it's the Super Dragon Balls that are the center of the story not the Dragon Balls.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:09 pm

Pretty sure Moro gets stronger with his opponent, and most of the energy he absorbed from unconscious Goku and Vegeta went into his youth/longevity given his weak state. We also don't know how long he can retain the energy he absorbs, but it's safe to say not very long considering he'd been constantly eating planets since before he was imprisoned. Who's to say he's still as strong as when he fought SSG/SSB Vegeta after three days?

At this point, Moro's unique "magic" is nothing but energy absorption and manipulation and some telekinesis. And here I was hoping he'd have something crazy like space-time manipulation, hypnosis, or genjutsu. Something fresh and new, but it's only the same old same old but on a larger scale.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Thu May 02, 2019 3:01 am

Guys, when is the next issue coming out? Hopefully, we will get a couple more info on Moro's inability to counter Buu and on Buu's sudden power-up.
P O W E R

sora_02

Post by sora_02 » Thu May 02, 2019 12:18 pm

I hope that Picoro's brief appearance means that he fought in Namek against Moor, Boo has the memories of the great Kaiohshin and apparently increased his power, the absorption of Moor energy does not work

supersaiyanZero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by supersaiyanZero » Fri May 03, 2019 9:56 am

I find it laughable that people are up in arms over a power scaling issue at this point. 17? Roshi? Krillin? Gohan? Frieza? Come on.. If anything, Buu's increase is the most plausible out of the bunch.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri May 03, 2019 9:58 am

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 3:01 amGuys, when is the next issue coming out?
May 21st but leaks happen before so if we're lucky around the 17th-18th of May.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Fri May 03, 2019 12:38 pm

sintzu wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 9:58 am
Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 3:01 amGuys, when is the next issue coming out?
May 21st but leaks happen before so if we're lucky around the 17th-18th of May.
Thanks a lot!
I find it laughable that people are up in arms over a power scaling issue at this point. 17? Roshi? Krillin? Gohan? Frieza? Come on.. If anything, Buu's increase is the most plausible out of the bunch.
Wasn't this always the case? It is impossible to not encounter any conflict in the fandom and especially concerning power scaling.

I actually think that Buu's power-up would make sense too, however the only thing that pushes me back is the fact that unlike Roshi, Krillin, Gohan, 17 and Freeza, Buu received absolutely no care about his training ever since the Buu arc. Even in his prime appearance he was kinda of a joke like today. He is always slacking off and sleeps. His pre-ToP training could have been such an amazing opportunity for his comeback into a more active character, who doesn't want to slack off anymore, but it was wasted. At least, they should have connected it with the Moro arc (although Fit Buu or trained Buu, didn't exist in the manga) so if the Anime actually returns, I am expecting some development around Buu and Gohan.

These two deserve it.
P O W E R

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Sat May 04, 2019 11:52 am

Rakurai wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:09 pm Pretty sure Moro gets stronger with his opponent, and most of the energy he absorbed from unconscious Goku and Vegeta went into his youth/longevity given his weak state. We also don't know how long he can retain the energy he absorbs, but it's safe to say not very long considering he'd been constantly eating planets since before he was imprisoned. Who's to say he's still as strong as when he fought SSG/SSB Vegeta after three days?

At this point, Moro's unique "magic" is nothing but energy absorption and manipulation and some telekinesis. And here I was hoping he'd have something crazy like space-time manipulation, hypnosis, or genjutsu. Something fresh and new, but it's only the same old same old but on a larger scale.
Same.Space time shenanigans would be welcomed.
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun May 05, 2019 1:57 am

supersaiyanZero wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 9:56 am I find it laughable that people are up in arms over a power scaling issue at this point. 17? Roshi? Krillin? Gohan? Frieza? Come on.. If anything, Buu's increase is the most plausible out of the bunch.
Roshi and Krillin are still fodder. Gohan has 'the gift' and we actually have a bonus chapter of him training. 17 was off scene for over a decade. Freeza is basically a more extreme version of Gohan. Buu, we have literally seen him do nothing but sleep and eat. We don't even have a throw away line that he trained.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sun May 05, 2019 10:14 pm

I just hope they move away from Namek soon. It's a very bland environment, one of the worst things about the whole Namek/Frieza saga actually.

Either go back to Earth or go somewhere else.

And I'd like them to do more with Moro by now too because so far he's just another Piccolo Daimao ripoff.

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Tai Lung » Tue May 07, 2019 4:20 pm

I understand they seem to be mixing without much success the magic and ki that were totally different concepts in z
I will not deny that Buu looked good ... but there does not seem to be a balance.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue May 07, 2019 5:30 pm

Bullza wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 10:14 pm I just hope they move away from Namek soon. It's a very bland environment, one of the worst things about the whole Namek/Frieza saga actually.

Either go back to Earth or go somewhere else.
Environments have never been a strong point for the franchise.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Tue May 07, 2019 8:25 pm

sintzu wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 5:30 pm Environments have never been a strong point for the franchise.
This is true unfortunately but at least with the Cell saga they did jump around a lot.

Kame House, Capsule Corporation, Cell Games Arena, Kami's Lookout, Hyperbolic Time Chamber, a couple different landscapes, cities, little islands etc.

Same thing with the Buu saga with the Supreme Kai's world and the World Tournament etc.

The Frieza saga was just all Namek, it made it visually very dull seeing the same bland environment constantly.

Which now this saga is suffering from as it's just been stuck on Namek the last several chapters. They soon they go back to Earth or another planet the better.

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Wed May 08, 2019 3:49 am

I wish they went somewhere else.

Introduce us to a new race on a new planet, hell make up a reason to give them Dragon balls I don't care. I'm just so sick of Namek at this point.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Wed May 08, 2019 5:31 am

Bullza wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 8:25 pm
sintzu wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 5:30 pm Environments have never been a strong point for the franchise.
Kame House, Capsule Corporation, Cell Games Arena, Kami's Lookout, Hyperbolic Time Chamber, a couple different landscapes, cities, little islands etc.
With the exception of Kami's Lookout, Capsule Corp and Kame House appearing for brief moments the vast majority of fights happened on rocky terrain with very little distinction between them.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Wed May 08, 2019 12:20 pm

Michsi wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 5:31 amWith the exception of Kami's Lookout, Capsule Corp and Kame House appearing for brief moments the vast majority of fights happened on rocky terrain with very little distinction between them.
Well there was also that other city where they encountered Android 19 and 20 as well or Dr Geros laboratory.

Most importantly they changed it up. You weren't looking at the same environment for volume after volume.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Thu May 09, 2019 11:31 am

Do you guys think that Moro, for whatever reason, will get to the Sacred World of the Kais, at one point in the story?
P O W E R

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Sat May 11, 2019 4:12 pm

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 11:31 am Do you guys think that Moro, for whatever reason, will get to the Sacred World of the Kais, at one point in the story?
I don't think so. Not unless he was personally transported there by a Kaioshin or learned how to use IT.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!