"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ssj_duelist
Beyond Newbie

Re: Super's manga by Toyotarō

Post by ssj_duelist » Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:23 pm

Dissapointed in the lack of females but that's it.

Anyone else reckon Beerus will overhype his fighter and will lose, like he hasn't trained in centuries and has become useless?

Goku will win, Vegeta will wn, Piccolo lose, Buu lose, then new guy will fight, everyone expects an easy U7 victory because of Beerus' hype, then he loses.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:40 pm

Thinking about it, I wonder if Monaca is going to be Super's answer to YYH's Genkai. Couldn't she temporarily restore her energy? I forget.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:42 pm

Chuquita wrote:Thinking about it, I wonder if Monaca is going to be Super's answer to YYH's Genkai. Couldn't she temporarily restore her energy? I forget.
By raising her reiki to its maximum she could return to her youth.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:44 pm

JulieYBM wrote:
Chuquita wrote:Thinking about it, I wonder if Monaca is going to be Super's answer to YYH's Genkai. Couldn't she temporarily restore her energy? I forget.
By raising her reiki to its maximum she could return to her youth.
Many thanks! It's been a while since I've seen it.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:06 pm

ssj_duelist wrote:Dissapointed in the lack of females but that's it.

Anyone else reckon Beerus will overhype his fighter and will lose, like he hasn't trained in centuries and has become useless?

Goku will win, Vegeta will wn, Piccolo lose, Buu lose, then new guy will fight, everyone expects an easy U7 victory because of Beerus' hype, then he loses.
Yes, this would be amazing lol. Besides for the fact that Piccolo loses and goku wins. That should be switched
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:31 pm

I wonder how true form Monaca looks like? :think:

Anyway, I would appreciate if the U6 Saiyan Kid design was something like this:
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

DI297
Beyond Newbie

Post by DI297 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:34 pm

LightBing wrote:
DI297 wrote:What I hate the most about him is the lack of effort toriyama put in his design, he looks like something you would think and draw in 5 minutes
How do you know that? You're bordering on disrespectful, Mr.Toriyama puts thought into things, he genuinely likes his franchise, proved when he revamped the script for BoG. You shouldn't assume based solely on your perception of the character. You can dislike the design all you like, what you've just said I find distasteful.
Calm your fanboyism, he is proving the complete oposite of what you said so I couldnt care less if you think what I say is disrespectful or not I'm just saying what I see, I mean even back in my school days I used to draw better characters on my desk when I was bored

DI297
Beyond Newbie

Post by DI297 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:37 pm

Noah wrote:I wonder how true form Monaca looks like? :think:

That one still looks too much like gohan, I would like something like this http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/dra ... 0410165627

Basaku
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Basaku » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:46 pm

derpgoku wrote:"If it ain't buff and sreaming KAKAROT all the time it ain't good"-----the motto of this fanbase(well some of them).
"If it was designed by Toriyama it's automatically brilliant, perfect and indisputable"----- the motto of this fanbase(well some of them).

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:48 pm

DI297 wrote:
LightBing wrote:
DI297 wrote:What I hate the most about him is the lack of effort toriyama put in his design, he looks like something you would think and draw in 5 minutes
How do you know that? You're bordering on disrespectful, Mr.Toriyama puts thought into things, he genuinely likes his franchise, proved when he revamped the script for BoG. You shouldn't assume based solely on your perception of the character. You can dislike the design all you like, what you've just said I find distasteful.
Calm your fanboyism, he is proving the complete oposite of what you said so I couldnt care less if you think what I say is disrespectful or not I'm just saying what I see, I mean even back in my school days I used to draw better characters on my desk when I was bored
You see what you want to see, it doesn't mean it's the reality. I don't know how a drawing shows "lack of effort" but, considering Toriyama's legendary transformation was him changing Goku's hair a bit and telling his assistant not to ink it anymore, I think he will do well with Monaka.

Everyone is saying the kid is the Saiyajin but what if he's not?
Last edited by alakazam^ on Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:50 pm

I asked earlier, but maybe with different people on right now I'll have a better chance:

Does it say anywhere in Chapter 7 who's idea it was for Gokû and Vegeta to train in the RoSaT for 3 years? Is it just in the narration, or does a character come up with the idea?

I mean it reads like a Vegeta idea, but I'm just curious who actually came up with it.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

DI297
Beyond Newbie

Post by DI297 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:52 pm

DI297 wrote:
LightBing wrote:
You see what you want to see, it doesn't mean it's the reality. I don't know how a drawing shows "lack of effort" but, considering Toriyama's legendary transformation was him changing Goku's hair a bit and telling his assistant not to ink anymore, I think he will do well with Monaka.

Everyone is saying the kid is the Saiyajin but what if he's not?
You dont know the reality either and most ppl think the same way I do so in any case what I'm saying makes more sense since this is not his first lazy design in super

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:58 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote: I hope you're right about that.
But are we even really sure about it?? Right now all we have to go by is the Korean translation. Which may have some mistranslations.
Maybe Zarama will show up when the Super Dragon Balls are summon. After the Super Shenron grants their wish, Zarama arrives and finds out the Super Dragon Balls are summon. I would like to hear more about this character soon.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Basaku

Post by Basaku » Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:02 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:
But are we even really sure about it?? Right now all we have to go by is the Korean translation. Which may have some mistranslations.
Maybe Zarama will show up when the Super Dragon Balls are summon. After the Super Shenron grants their wish, Zarama arrives and finds out the Super Dragon Balls are summon. I would like to hear more about this character soon.
I'm confused. Isn't Zarama and the Dragon from Super balls the same thing?

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:11 pm

Basaku wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:
That's what i just asked a page back.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:17 pm

DI297 wrote:

That one still looks too much like gohan, I would like something like this http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/dra ... 0410165627
I think that second one is pretty ugly! I feel like the hairstyle of the first picture with the face and clothes of the current design would be best. His face already is different from gohan's so it's not like he needs a radically different hairstyle to set him apart.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:18 pm

Basaku wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:
Going from what I've been told, no. It looks like the Super Dragon Balls are a set of Dragon Balls created by Zarama in Age 41.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

DI297
Beyond Newbie

Post by DI297 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:23 pm

kinisking wrote:
DI297 wrote:

I think that second one is pretty ugly! I feel like the hairstyle of the first picture with the face and clothes of the current design would be best. His face already is different from gohan's so it's not like he needs a radically different hairstyle to set him apart.
Nah bro I think he looks cool cause he doesnt have those generic db haircuts cause that adult gohan one is also yamcha's and tarble's so any other haircut looks better than that

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:29 pm

I find it interesting that while the Universes are twins, they share the same Super Dragon Balls. The tidbit about the star markings, is exactly like when Goku was discovered to be an alien. The markings are so that the Super Dragon Balls would be mistaken as stars, now it all makes sense! Retroactive storytelling at it's finest.

I find the Whis background teasing intriguing. On this chapter he talks about a bird from his planet. Dragon Ball rarely has mysteries that prolong this much..., my curiosity is building.

Basaku

Post by Basaku » Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:31 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote: Going from what I've been told, no. It looks like the Super Dragon Balls are a set of Dragon Balls created by Zarama in Age 41.
I'm only going by DevilsCorpse bulletpoint list atm, unless something else appeared. But his post says "they were formed in AGE 41 by the Shenlong (dragon god), Zarama/Jarama". So I read it as "they were formed by the Shenlong dragon god by the name of Zarama/Jarama" no?