"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Magnificent Ponta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Magnificent Ponta » Wed May 12, 2021 6:00 pm

batistabus wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 5:46 pmCool image, but it seems too soon for them to be teaming up (although that'd be a pleasant surprise).
Looked at another way: since Granolah is already as strong as he's ever going to be, functionally the plot wouldn't be served by making them fight him individually, I guess (see especially: Goku Black; Broly; Moro). Taken this way, it would be fitting for the arc to run this basic plotline in reverse in both aspects at the same time.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Wed May 12, 2021 9:59 pm

Yuji wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 5:30 pm
GodVegetto91 wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 5:11 pmThat’s a personal headcanon assumption and you know it.
It's how UI functions.
Since Goku is learning to utilize UI - which lets the body grow sturdier as necessary, as Whis stated - in his base form, and we already see that his base power has been augmented significantly, then it is unlikely he will stack transformations on top of it. Whichever level of UI mastery he has already is what is going to grant him a power boost. I doubt Toyotaro would place base Goku that far above one of Vegeta's Super Saiyan forms if Goku could also stack SS on top of it. Goku is already far beyond Vegeta with just the silver UI, if he got over 50x stronger than Vegeta in his base form, could turn into the same SS forms as Vegeta AND use UI alongside them, then Vegeta would be far behind.
Not true. The “sturdier” part is only IN THE MOMENT whenever he gets attacked and his body decides to make itself hard in order to tank it. It’s not something that he has on 24/7. You should’ve known that.

Goku now has the full offensive and defensive aspects of UI in Base, which does make all of his attacks (and counter attacks) far more powerful, much faster, and much more accurate indeed! But that’s only in battle. When he’s walking around, his body is just relaxed (but still aware! of his surroundings ofcourse, since it’s UI.) and not hardened, since there is literally no need for it. Were UI Base Goku to be caught off guard, (which is a literal impossibility by definition), his body would be just as weak as PRE / NON UI Base Goku...
(I.e. REGULAR Base Goku...)

As it doesn’t come with a power boost like the Silver haired form does, which comes with a humongously large multiplier, which is above Omen, which in turn is above the multiplier of an SSBE!

BWri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by BWri » Thu May 13, 2021 4:45 pm

BOEGVELD wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 1:45 pm Do y'all think Granolah, Goku and Vegeta will show some new techniques in their upcoming battle? Toyotaro has a habit of showing new techniques during battles.
I can see Granolah using some fancy trick shots since he's a sniper. Maybe he'll be able to ricochet and bank shots to hit blindspots and weakpoints. Goku might show off something new with UI since the goal is now to level it up and master level 1 with other forms. And Vegeta might do something cool with Hakai. Maybe he'll combine it with Gamma Burst to make Gamma Burst Destruction. Sounds like something Hulk would use in a fighting game :lol:
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu May 13, 2021 5:43 pm

I'm still betting that Seven-Three will be the final opponent of this arc.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Thu May 13, 2021 6:05 pm

BOEGVELD wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 1:45 pm Do y'all think Granolah, Goku and Vegeta will show some new techniques in their upcoming battle? Toyotaro has a habit of showing new techniques during battles.
Oh, for sure. For Granolah, I expect his sniping abilities to be showcased at its full capacity, he should be challenged greatly.

For the saiyans, well, at the very least I'm expecting Vegeta to show Goku his brand new toy in action, maybe he'll mix it up with his old techniques, although that could be saved for the more pressing fights that should come when the arc is coming to an end.

I expect Goku will show an already known technique, UI, but on his base form, so not really a new technique but used in a different way.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Thu May 13, 2021 9:18 pm

Drafts are out and now it’s more clear why Goku & Vegeta are fighting together. Granolah doesn’t give them a chance for anything else.

https://twitter.com/dbshype1/status/139 ... 61313?s=21

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Thu May 13, 2021 9:58 pm

Kinokima wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 9:18 pm Drafts are out and now it’s more clear why Goku & Vegeta are fighting together. Granolah doesn’t give them a chance for anything else.

https://twitter.com/dbshype1/status/139 ... 61313?s=21
The drafts are on the official Dragon Ball News site from Shueshia aswell now. This way, you don’t have to share news from an unofficial, secondary source like that kid DBS Hype anymore. He’s going out of bussiness now.

https://en.dragon-ball-official.com/news/01_109.html

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Thu May 13, 2021 10:26 pm

I guess it makes total sense why Vegeta needs to go Super Saiyan to dodge Granolah’s sniper attacks, while Goku doesn’t need to transform at all.

It’s a contest of speed!

And while current Base Vegeta is definitely a lot stronger than Base Goku... He is still slower than him..!
(As he doesn’t have UI, which is all about speed).

So he needs the speed increasement from Super Saiyan to catch up!

Makes total sense!

And yes, he was definitely using Super Saiyan 1, and not Blue, Blue Evo, or any of the other transformations.

Look at the outerside of its aura... Only Super Saiyan has that! (Not to mention the light hair color!)

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Fri May 14, 2021 5:37 am

https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/1393013321058512906

Huh, why would Gas have bad memories of Planet Cereal? At the rate this is going maybe he will be the most "good" member of the family and stand up against Elec. He is clearly different to the rest of them, and now there is some unrevealed backstory about him too.

BOEGVELD

Post by BOEGVELD » Fri May 14, 2021 6:36 am

Koitsukai wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 6:05 pm
Oh, for sure. For Granolah, I expect his sniping abilities to be showcased at its full capacity, he should be challenged greatly.

For the saiyans, well, at the very least I'm expecting Vegeta to show Goku his brand new toy in action, maybe he'll mix it up with his old techniques, although that could be saved for the more pressing fights that should come when the arc is coming to an end.

I expect Goku will show an already known technique, UI, but on his base form, so not really a new technique but used in a different way.
(Spoiler) Granolah seems to be using his sniping ability already. I also hope he'll have Hakai.

Of course Goku and Vegeta will use UI and Hakai, but I'm also hoping they'll show some new techniques that they haven't shown before. Cuz Toyotaro always shows new techniques during battles. Especially in the latest arc.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sun May 16, 2021 3:11 am

There’s barely any discussion regarding the new manga spoilers on this forum in this thread.. I thought you guys were all Dragon Ball fans... Are you guys sleeping all weekend?

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Sun May 16, 2021 5:19 am

Not everyone wants to see the spoilers, on top of nothing groundbreaking being shown so eh
P O W E R

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sun May 16, 2021 7:11 am

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 5:19 am Not everyone wants to see the spoilers, on top of nothing groundbreaking being shown so eh
You might want to quote the person you’re responding to. You’re lucky I happened to just read it.

OrangeBanana
Beyond Newbie

Post by OrangeBanana » Sun May 16, 2021 7:58 am

GodVegetto91 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 3:11 am There’s barely any discussion regarding the new manga spoilers on this forum in this thread.. I thought you guys were all Dragon Ball fans... Are you guys sleeping all weekend?
The spoilers are kinda uninteresting.

BOEGVELD

Post by BOEGVELD » Sun May 16, 2021 8:38 am

Yeah there's not much to the spoilers. The only thing we can do now is speculate how their fight will go, but most have been doing that for weeks now lol.

kemuri07
Advanced Regular

Post by kemuri07 » Sun May 16, 2021 9:05 am

I'm posting this here. Cause it's relevant...somehow.

But now I have questions. Like...is the AK also ultra instinct too?

Thani
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Thani » Sun May 16, 2021 9:37 am

kemuri07 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 9:05 am Image

Maybe it's just the ki covering it, like Trunks' sword. But hey, an Ultra Instinct AK-47 sounds amazing.

ale62

Re: Super's manga written by Toriyama drawn by Toyotarō

Post by ale62 » Tue May 18, 2021 7:07 am

baneofdemon22 wrote: Tue May 19, 2015 9:51 am
Kakarot88 wrote:I am just beyond excited!!
My thoughts exactly! Hopefully we don't have to wait a long time to purchase English versions.
I'm also really excited.
Hopefully soon!

DiscountDabi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DiscountDabi » Tue May 18, 2021 11:58 am

Ryokutya Spoilers

*Who can lose twice in one chapter (lol)
He’s Got Skills of Kenshiro
XX is a well-informed person, I don’t want him to end up having a small role of a commentor/explaining the background*

XX Is probably Elec given the way the arc has gone so far.

As for the first thing, The person Losing twice is either Vegeta or Granolah.

Also Granolah Pulling some Fist of The North Star Crap is gonna be fun.

PurestEvil
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PurestEvil » Tue May 18, 2021 12:09 pm

Thani wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 9:37 am
kemuri07 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 9:05 am Image

Maybe it's just the ki covering it, like Trunks' sword. But hey, an Ultra Instinct AK-47 sounds amazing.
The bullets always hit their target even when the opponent tries to dodge.
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san