"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Grimlock » Sat May 18, 2019 1:19 pm

Oh, so we do get to see an actual appearance of Dai Kaioshin. I thought it was Majin Buu who shapeshifted into him.

It's still a random ability to switch places with the one you absorbed (that never happened before, did it?), but in this specific case is one that I gladly welcome, as Dai Kaioshin actually needs to return and bring order to the gods of Universe 7.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

ShaggyBlanco
Beyond Newbie

Post by ShaggyBlanco » Sat May 18, 2019 1:49 pm

So he does kill the soldier...
It was pretty obvious but I'm kinda dissapointed for some reason

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Sat May 18, 2019 2:02 pm

I could see Cranberry's fate a mile away.

Now I wonder what the final wish was.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sat May 18, 2019 2:10 pm

Big Black Saiyan wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 11:06 am Toyotaro is very creative with Boo. :thumbup:
Outside the head move, most of the moves seen here was in the anime in some form. Like Kid Buu ripped his arm off and beat Buu with it.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat May 18, 2019 2:19 pm

Why did Moro go through the effort fo keeping Cranberry alive? Why did the story even have him exist outside of getting Moro onto Namek? So much of this story is so goddamn pointless and could be cut with slight alterations.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat May 18, 2019 2:33 pm

Kanassa wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 2:19 pmSo much of this story is so goddamn pointless and could be cut with slight alterations.
This applies to a lot of modern DB.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat May 18, 2019 2:41 pm

sintzu wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 2:33 pm
Kanassa wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 2:19 pmSo much of this story is so goddamn pointless and could be cut with slight alterations.
This applies to a lot of modern DB.
Z, you mean? Specifically, the Cell Saga.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Sat May 18, 2019 3:40 pm

Kanassa wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 2:19 pm Why did Moro go through the effort fo keeping Cranberry alive? Why did the story even have him exist outside of getting Moro onto Namek? So much of this story is so goddamn pointless and could be cut with slight alterations.
Moro would be defeated without Cranberry.

Cranberry was able to summon Porunga after threatening Namekians, and then Moro asked for him (telepathically, because he could not move) to fulfill his wish to regain his magical powers and so he set free.

So yeah, Cranwberry was really useful

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sat May 18, 2019 4:05 pm

Liquir wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 1:06 pm Full summary of DBS manga chapter 48:
https://twitter.com/DbsHype/status/1129793703772426240
Well looks like we got our answer as to Buu's increase in strength. Patience helps.
Also, notice how Merus states Moro can use an array of magical abilities. Yet he is not using them?
Hopefully we get this buffet of power now that Moro has it in full. His third wish is intriguing.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat May 18, 2019 4:35 pm

So... Moro’s wish.

It cant be anything that affects the Multiverse considering Porunga’s power isn’t great enough. Thats something only Super Shenron can grant. So at most, Moro’s wish is something that can affect the whole Universe 7.

Considering we know little to nothing about Moro’s past besides his fight with the Daikaioshin and the fact that he ate planets 10 mil years ago, its hard to guess what else he would want besides his magic back.

Assuming its not something generic like being immortal or just becoming more powerful, an idea for his wish that i have is that he’s wished a lot of the life that has died during his time in prison came back so he has more to eat. Another wish, and this is out of nowhere, could be to unsealed the Demon Realm. According to a Q and A, not just demons but also mages inhabited the Demon Realm sometimes using it as a hideout. What if, to cause more trouble for the Kaioshin, Moro broke the seal of the Demon Realm with his “secret wish?” It would also help in giving a little more background for Moro in the past. Maybe he hung around in the Demon Realm a lot. With this arc focusing on mystical magical stuff with Moro, the Kaioshin, and Buu, i feel like the Demon Realm would make a nice addition.

My last guess is that he wished to be able to travel between Universes.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat May 18, 2019 5:39 pm

How did Freeza's solder make a wish if he doesn't know Namakian ?
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat May 18, 2019 5:47 pm

Does Moro know the Namekuseijin language too?
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Sat May 18, 2019 6:38 pm

sintzu wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 5:39 pm How did Freeza's solder make a wish if he doesn't know Namakian ?
I think it's because of the helmet.

Liquir
Beyond Newbie

Post by Liquir » Sat May 18, 2019 6:41 pm

sintzu wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 5:39 pm How did Freeza's solder make a wish if he doesn't know Namakian ?
He did not. It is Esca who is talking to Porunga and asking the wishes. In one of the scans of the chapter we can see Esca has some kind of device on his head, some theorize it's a mind control or some similar device. Later Moro uses the controller (Cranberry's helmet) which is hooked with the device on Esca's head to make the final wish.

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Sat May 18, 2019 6:49 pm

Well, if Freeza can become stronger than a Ssj God by training for four months... then the weakest version of Buu can become stronger than a Ssj Blue by training for zero months and only "unlockig his potential".

Makes sense.
Last edited by Zamasu55 on Sat May 18, 2019 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Sat May 18, 2019 7:11 pm

Zamasu55 wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 6:49 pm Well, if Freeza can become stronger than a Ssj God by training for four months... than the weakest version of Buu can become stronger than a Ssj Blue by training for zero months and only "unlockig his potential".

Makes sense.
Except that Boo is no stronger than the SSB, this is not suggested any time in the chapter. Goku just says that Boo is stronger than before, and does absolutely no comparison of powers. The main point the manga focuses on is that Moro's magic does not work on Boo and Boo has a unique fighting style (not the first time it's used in DBS).

Not to mention that Vegeta clearly states that SSB was still far beyond Moro's strength

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Sat May 18, 2019 8:08 pm

Cranberry's death is so coarsely predictable that I can't help but roll my eyes. So far Moro is keeping to the same generic conventions of DBZ villainy out there. Cranberry posed as a possible subtlety to his personality but now with him being promptly disposed of it's just... What all is there to him outside of some generic looking magic that looks too much like a combination of the Spirit Bomb and Gero's energy absorption for comfort? Hopefully his latter two wishes mean something because otherwise this is going to pose as a somewhat bland arc similar to Broly, in my opinion.

Buu and Dai Kaioshin's creative powers and appearance are nice addition to the arc. So far their execution has been better than other things but Buu physically fighting Moro with any degree of success still leaves a bad taste. Personally, I would have preferred him using just magic.

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Sat May 18, 2019 8:22 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 7:11 pm
Zamasu55 wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 6:49 pm Well, if Freeza can become stronger than a Ssj God by training for four months... than the weakest version of Buu can become stronger than a Ssj Blue by training for zero months and only "unlockig his potential".

Makes sense.
Except that Boo is no stronger than the SSB, this is not suggested any time in the chapter. Goku just says that Boo is stronger than before, and does absolutely no comparison of powers. The main point the manga focuses on is that Moro's magic does not work on Boo and Boo has a unique fighting style (not the first time it's used in DBS).

Not to mention that Vegeta clearly states that SSB was still far beyond Moro's strength
As if having a unique fighing style counts when your opponent's much stronger tha yourself. Fat Buu's unique fighting style would've done jack to a serious Ssj3 Goku, for example.

And I assume that Moro, without his magic, is a weak fool.

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Sat May 18, 2019 8:45 pm

Zamasu55 wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 8:22 pm
TheSaiyanGod wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 7:11 pm

Makes sense.

As if having a unique fighing style counts when your opponent's much stronger tha yourself. Fat Buu's unique fighting style would've done jack to a serious Ssj3 Goku, for example.

And I assume that Moro, without his magic, is a weak fool.
I'm not saying I agree, just saying that the manga wanted to get the message that Boo is taking advantage because he got stronger, he's immune to Moro's magic and because of his unpredictable fighting style (and as I said earlier , it's not the first time that DBS uses this as a feature to give some character an advantage in a battle).

But anyway, I do not see this as absurd, especially when the message is that Boo is not overcoming Moro because he's much stronger than him or because he's God level or something, just because of his skills

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun May 19, 2019 12:07 am

Noitsnothim wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 1:16 pm Moro's become a disappointing character
Well, blame Toyotaro for that.

The funny thing is that I remember people saying in the past months: "LOL HE'S UNIQUE CUZ MAGICAL POWAS AND DB NEVUR HAD THOSE".
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?