"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

OrangeBanana
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by OrangeBanana » Sun Aug 14, 2022 3:21 am

I'm just gonna shoot into the dark here and say that its Bardock. Yeah it makes little sense but then again they could ass pull something like him coming back due to the cerelian dragon balls being used. Now why would he shoot the green man who helped him? I dunno he has amnesia I guess, and now he's EVIL dundundun. Or it could just be Frieza which it probably is.

Alkiser
Beyond Newbie

Post by Alkiser » Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:17 am

Gas himself, in my opinion, drops out because Gas fell from orbit miles north of where Goku and the team are standing, so it is unlikely to be him. While his power was increasing, his stamina was rapidly decreasing due to the high rate of burning of his cells. Hence, a simple kick by Goku seriously injured him, and as Granola himself said for the final attack he charged more energy than he could carry. Gas is practically meeting death. Added to this is the fact that Gas is too stupid for surprise attacks and is simply not vicious. Plus it seems like it's been about 4 minutes since the fight ended, and in that time the wounded Gas would have had to get back up. Especially since no one has sensed anything, Gas would have had to trot away on foot in such quick time that no one has sensed him yet.

Eleck also said chapters ago that Gas should hurry up because he has an important meeting, After all, he's additionally damn desperate to leave the planet, so much so that he's willing to leave his siblings to their fate, and after all, he's heard that Granola has let go of his revenge and the Saiyans don't show any desire to punish him either, so what should he fear.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:44 am

Dragmobot12 wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:41 pm Oatmeel controls every possible device, right? What if he made OG-73 arrive there? Oatmeel is a name of a Cerelian, but he is shown only as an AI device. Could he be a real Cerelian with serious intentions, like a canon version of Baby? Someone who is more reasonable than Granolah ever has been?

Some will say it's impossible, but I assume that Oatmeel could connect to OG-73 as a Bluetooth or something like that.
Good theory, Oatmeel is still one big mystery of who made it and why. He's been helpful for all of this arc so far, but maybe the eyepatch has some secret intentions?

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:12 am

Well… my bets are on Freeza as well. Japanese tend to do the hypes worst. Everything besides their polite “please, watch this.” Is super hype, even when it is spoilered to hell…
“Super exciting radical development, the útimate villain Freeza shows up!”

I can be only surprised, but keep my expectations low.
On the other hand, everything in this arc is basically connected to Freeza, Elec working for him and wanting to dethrone him, Granolah wanting to have revenge on him…
It would be weird if there is so much Freeza around and he just sits in his bathtub across the universe and having hickup.

But don’t understand that hype, Japan is quite bad at hyping things compared to our standards :)
“Hold your hats and be ready to be blown off, Goku will again show up in the next episode of the show, can he survive? Find out at the end of the DB manga!”
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Dragmobot12
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragmobot12 » Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:04 am

The best thing we can do now is lower our expectations and assume the most logical outcome, which is actually Gas. That's what makes more sense, and it's not the first time we've seen villains get up after the final blow, like Vegeta and Freeza after the Spirit Bomb for example.

The beam goes directly in Elec's direction, it's just that Monaito was standing right on it, so I would assume that Gas intents to kill Elec, then the final battle between Granolah and Gas will happen (with no powers from the wish, to make it a fair fight). And at the end, I think they will both die.

ChronoTwigger
Advanced Regular

Post by ChronoTwigger » Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:19 am

We are near the end of the arc, they cannot show up a major villain to fight with, or a couple of years fighting again.
So, having Og7-3 or derivates show up this moment is out of question.

The misterious character knew of the whole thing, and no one knew, if not... by Oatmeal intel. So, one can think Oatmeal sent (or was hi-jacked) data to Frieza. One could also suppose that Oatmeal was a traitor since Cereal invasion.
Frieza come in unseen.

Now, by killing Monaito, one can pretend that Cerealian Dragon Balls get destroyed *and* ongoig wishes get neutralized, sparing Granolah from his fate, but also restoring his original strenght. Narratively, is fitting.
Elec deserve to be punished so nothing more fitting than Frieza, his rival in the business, to shot him down while he try to flee.

Now, we are at a mexican stale. And something it's hard to figure out. It's obvious to me that Vegeta and Goku are way above Frieza, Frieza killed Monaito and on a degree he manipulated the whole plot. It should be logic for Vegeta to attack on sight.
*But again*... no longer fight is supposed to happen, and see Frieza vaporized again is no use for.
So... I think a diplomatic game will be staged.
Frieza should own something more valuable than his own life for Goku and Vegeta, enough to justify being spared from Monaito murder. This thing should be something tied to OG7-3, or the entire Checkov Gun of his retrieval and Zuno will be of no use at all.
So Frieza will bargain with Goku about something. They could also team up for that very important issue. This could be the premise of the next arc.

*PLEASE NOTICE* that Toyotaro could have picked a way more silly solution, like Gas fusing with Og7-3 and kill everyone for the rage of being manipulated by his family. That will be way more 'Toyotaresque'.
The arc will end by Granolah self sacrifficing to defeat 'ultraGas' in a shared explosion of any kind, and the plot will end as a self contained, silly mess with no global consequences. Very very DBS, so way more likely.
Last edited by ChronoTwigger on Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
I learned english listening to songs. So I don't know anything about. The day you had to learn play piano by just listening .mp3, you'll understand.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:23 am

Reasons to the mysterious villain being Freeza.

1. Shoots healing-type Namekian with a laser beam. Check.
2. Gas is out commission. Check.
3. Elec is in such a strange hurry that he is not thinking about his siblings. Check.
4. Gas was not on Oracle Fish’s prophetic dream. Check.
5. The strongest in the universe will soon be revealed. Check.
6. Has a connection to the characters introduced in the story. Check.

Dragmobot12 wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:05 pm If it really is Frieza, here are my questions:

1- Where is his spaceship? Shouldn't Oatmeel have at least warned them about a flying object approaching Planet Cereal even from miles away?

2- Throwing the spaceship stuff aside, how the hell could Freeza have arrived to Cereal across the galaxy? Especially by himself? Without his own army?

3- Why now? In the previous arc he decided not to interfere with the Moro situation going on, Frieza is a bastard, but he likes to keep his hands clean, so why get involved in the middle of this?
Freeza doesn’t need a spaceship, he can breath in space. And Gas demonstrated space travel is possible for the strongest in the universe (by instance, Jiren is also capable of doing that).

I don’t know if bringing a “hodgepodge of second-rate soldiers” to a fight against Goku and Vegeta would be of any help. He probably have his army carry him out of convenience and for status bragging.

It’s possible that he was making preparations and needed a little more time. If he got as strong as Super Saiyan Blue in less than half a year, imagine what he could do with a whole year. There is a reason Vegeta was upset with Goku leaving Freeza running around with that much potential.

ChronoTwigger
Advanced Regular

Post by ChronoTwigger » Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:39 am

Hugo Boss wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:23 am Reasons to the mysterious villain being Freeza.
Reasons to *not* be Frieza:
1. The arc is about to end. How much you want for the fight to last? 10 pages? C'mon.

That said, there's no reason for the stronger in the Universe to *show up* right now, ad for sure *is not* Frieza. The stronger will be "revealed". He could be someone in the range of Zarama, about to make a comeback in the next arc.

Let's ignore how one can figure out Frieza bullet himself thru galaxy alone like a missile. I don't wanna see it and if that happen I'll burn down all copies of the manga in the world.

He could be Frieza, but not in the role of the final opponent of the arc.
I learned english listening to songs. So I don't know anything about. The day you had to learn play piano by just listening .mp3, you'll understand.

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Post by batistabus » Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:09 am

I want it to be Freeza, but I'll be shocked if it's not Gas. Gas wasn't killed, he is behind them, they are literally talking about him right as Monaito is killed, we've seen him use finger beams, he is extremely persistent, it would test Granolah's commitment to giving up on revenge (if he had killed Gas, Monaito would still be alive), etc. etc.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:43 am

The panel of Monaito is almost an exact copy past of Future Trunks getting killed by Cell(difference is the beam direction).

I'm going on a limb and say Toyotarõ is also copying the context. The villain we think is defeat makes a thunderous return, the Gas hasn't dissipated yet.

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:08 am

LightBing wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:43 am The panel of Monaito is almost an exact copy past of Future Trunks getting killed by Cell(difference is the beam direction).

I'm going on a limb and say Toyotarõ is also copying the context. The villain we think is defeat makes a thunderous return, the Gas hasn't dissipated yet.
No, it's not a copy of Trunks. It's a copy from Piccolo in the anime

Shorty GZ2
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shorty GZ2 » Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:33 am

OLKv3 wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:08 am
LightBing wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:43 am The panel of Monaito is almost an exact copy past of Future Trunks getting killed by Cell(difference is the beam direction).

No, it's not a copy of Trunks. It's a copy from Piccolo in the anime
Kinda

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:53 am

ChronoTwigger wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:39 am
Hugo Boss wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:23 am Reasons to the mysterious villain being Freeza.
1. The arc is about to end. How much you want for the fight to last? 10 pages? C'mon.
Huh? Uchida just said the arc is finally reaching its climax. The battle between Granolah and Gas was just a preparation for it and there are further developments. None is saying this will be the final chapter of Granolah’s arc.

For instance, when Uchida said Moro’s arc was reaching its climax, the upcoming chapter was #65, Moro was defeated in #66, and it made the transition to Granolah in #67.

That said, there's no reason for the stronger in the Universe to *show up* right now, ad for sure *is not* Frieza. The stronger will be "revealed". He could be someone in the range of Zarama, about to make a comeback in the next arc.
The name of the chapter is “The Greatest Warrior in the Universe is Revealed”. It doesn’t mean it’s an entirely new character, but also is not Gas or Granolah, and certainly not Goku or Vegeta.

Let's ignore how one can figure out Frieza bullet himself thru galaxy alone like a missile. I don't wanna see it and if that happen I'll burn down all copies of the manga in the world.
I’m not seeing the problem here. Everyone who can sense ki was focused on the fight and dedicated all their energy to it, so it’s understandable whoever is reaching their location arrived unnoticed. Cell also sneaked into 17 and 18’s location using their fight with Piccolo as distraction.

He could be Frieza, but not in the role of the final opponent of the arc.
We’ll see. But so far I don’t know anyone else that would fit better that role. You mentioned Zarama, who only was mentioned once in the history of Super Dragon Balls’ creation and has no connection with the protagonist.

By the way, since a specific thread for chapter #87 was opened, I will continue any further discussions there.

Shorty GZ2
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shorty GZ2 » Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:09 pm

Hugo Boss wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:53 am
ChronoTwigger wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:39 am
Huh? Uchida just said the arc is finally reaching its climax. The battle between Granolah and Gas was just a preparation for it and there are further developments. None is saying this will be the final chapter of Granolah’s arc.

For instance, when Uchida said Moro’s arc was reaching its climax, the upcoming chapter was #65, Moro was defeated in #66, and it made the transition to Granolah in #67.
Victory Uchida said the Granolah arc was approaching its climax at Jump Festa last year in December (and so it was estimated the arc would end in April/May), right around when Gas was elevated to the physical main villain & Granolah was fighting him. Fast forward to now in August the next year, and we are now (as Uchida and Toyo put it in the most recent interview) in the "climax of the climax" of the Granolah arc (with some predicting the arc will end by this year's Jump Festa) where Gas has (seemingly, probably not) finally been KO'd 💀
That man is capping on his life fr.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:47 pm

Is there any indication that there will be next arc? Or is this the last one? Or do we even know?

FatLee

Post by FatLee » Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:53 pm

MCDaveG wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:47 pm Is there any indication that there will be next arc? Or is this the last one? Or do we even know?

I never considered this at all, though who knows?

I can’t see why this new(?) enemy couldn’t be the start of the next arc, similarly how the Cell arcs took over the Android arc.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:58 pm

FatLee wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:53 pm
MCDaveG wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:47 pm Is there any indication that there will be next arc? Or is this the last one? Or do we even know?

I never considered this at all, though who knows?

I can’t see why this new(?) enemy couldn’t be the start of the next arc, similarly how the Cell arcs took over the Android arc.
I was wondering if we have any announcement. There were some fake news and Uchida talking about climax for half a year, now new enemy shows up… will it be still Granolah arc? Climactic fight of it? Will it kickstart a new arc or transition into it? Will new arc start afterwards? So many questions that I have :lol:

Psykomatik
Regular

Post by Psykomatik » Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:08 pm

Next arc has been officially announced a while ago now.
https://www.kanzenshuu.com/2022/01/03/o ... iews-2022/

"Victory Uchida, who is also V-Jump’s editor for the Dragon Ball Super manga, then covers the ongoing series. He officially confirms that the Granolla the Survivor story arc will quickly be reaching its climax, following one more turn of events, and then a new story arc will commence sometime in 2022. Uchida is vague on the exact time frame for the start of this upcoming, new story arc."

Almighty Majin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Almighty Majin » Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:01 pm

Oatmeel took over 73 and copied Gas so now he's the strongest in the universe, but because he doesn't have a biological lifespan on account of being a machine, he will infinitely improve and get stronger without consequence.

Pkjoan

Post by Pkjoan » Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:57 am