"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:06 pm

I do not understand the point of "Moro could have done the same alone" considering that the previous cap basically confirmed that only Goku or Vegeta fighting alone would be able to defeat him. Without the free prisoners, Moro would have lost.

Well, some people are complaining that Moro's allies should never be able to face Goku and Vegeta at the same time that they wanted them to be something other than fodder

xm0c

Post by xm0c » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:15 pm

What I want to happen: Vegeta, using his newly learned IT, goes to planet Earth to pickup all the Z Warriors. Gohan, Piccolo, Goten, Trunks, Krillin, Tien, Yamcha, Chiaotzu, Master Roshi, Android 17, and Android 18. Using each of their unique abilities, they're able to take down all the prisoners, while Goku, Vegeta, and Grand Supreme Kai take care of Moro with other new skills Vegeta learned on Yardrat.

What is actually going to happen: Goku, using IT, goes to Earth to find some allies, but the only one available is Master Roshi. He takes him to New Namek and, while lecturing Goku on how he lost because he's not trying hard enough, unleashes his Ultra Instinct, beating all the prisoners and making sure he sexually assaults the 3 girls we saw. The Moro shows up and Goku & Vegeta beat him by sacrificing their God Ki.

omegacwa

Post by omegacwa » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:26 pm

Trek405 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:02 pm
batistabus wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:30 pm Not looking forward to reading about reactions to Vegeta's ""character regression"" in this chapter, despite the fact that he immediately goes against what he says. He wants to atone for his sins on Namek, but he's still allowed to be frustrated. Vegeta is allowed to be Vegeta. He acknowleges that magic and tricky techniques aren't his style, but he understands that there might not be another option.
They've already started unfortunately. Apparently vegeta being frustrated at constantly being thwarted by moros magic at every turn negates his remorse earlier in the arc and reverts him back to old cell saga vegeta. Because we all know cell saga vegeta would definitely travel to yardrat to presumably ask for help/learn from them right?

Besides that i really hope piccolo and the others show up to fight moros new army
I didn't get that at all. In fact I think this shows even more growth for Vegeta as a character. (I understand you were being sarcastic, I'm just responding to people who actually feel that way)

Also, I too got the feeling that the other main cast might actually be shown and utilized to fight Moro's army.

omegacwa

Post by omegacwa » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:29 pm

xm0c wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:15 pm What is actually going to happen: Goku, using IT, goes to Earth to find some allies, but the only one available is Master Roshi. He takes him to New Namek and, while lecturing Goku on how he lost because he's not trying hard enough, unleashes his Ultra Instinct, beating all the prisoners and making sure he sexually assaults the 3 girls we saw. The Moro shows up and Goku & Vegeta beat him by sacrificing their God Ki.
Dragon Ball Super has done some stupid stuff, but nothing on that level. That would be atrocious.

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:41 pm

This chapter was actually a nice read.

Super Saiyan 3 Goku getting one-shotted was :lol:
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:52 pm

Not a bad chapter. Glad this isnt the end of it just yet.

The prisoner designs were really awful. Too many clones from the ToP. The Jiren look alikes, Hit look alike, and others were just jarringly bad. The metal man makes sense and was cool to see though.

The fight was okay. Was hoping that as they blinked down from Blue to Base we'd see Vegeta as SS3. But figured that wouldnt happen.

Excited to see where things go, and excited to see what exactly Vegeta needs on Planet Yardrat

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:57 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:20 am
Noitsnothim wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:11 am Moro's new crew have to be some of the worst designs i've seen yet in DB history (not only do they copy other designs from the T.O.P) but they look lame and not intimidating (the only one i'll let pass is the Hit look alike and U7 Metalman)
One of them actually looks like Bart Simpson lol
Not Bart Simpson...The one you're talking about is a copy of Fin from SDBH

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:57 pm

MKCSTEALTH wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:52 pm Not a bad chapter. Glad this isnt the end of it just yet.

The prisoner designs were really awful. Too many clones from the ToP. The Jiren look alikes, Hit look alike, and others were just jarringly bad. The metal man makes sense and was cool to see though.

The fight was okay. Was hoping that as they blinked down from Blue to Base we'd see Vegeta as SS3. But figured that wouldnt happen.

Excited to see where things go, and excited to see what exactly Vegeta needs on Planet Yardrat
this further confirms that Vegeta doesn't have SS3

Block88
Beyond Newbie

Post by Block88 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:06 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:06 pm I do not understand the point of "Moro could have done the same alone" considering that the previous cap basically confirmed that only Goku or Vegeta fighting alone would be able to defeat him. Without the free prisoners, Moro would have lost.

Well, some people are complaining that Moro's allies should never be able to face Goku and Vegeta at the same time that they wanted them to be something other than fodder
Moro could’ve easily drain them if there energy neither have a counter to it.
That’s wat happens when u make goku and vegeta get all the power ups that doing anything to them will people complaining.

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:31 pm

MKCSTEALTH wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:52 pm Not a bad chapter. Glad this isnt the end of it just yet.

I wanted it too Dx.

I hope, soon or later, that toyotaro will add it.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:38 pm

The pacing keeps being terrible. There was no point in showing the whole prison outbreak and it was largely uninteresting and the kind of filler I would expect to see in the anime, not the manga.
Toriyama used to get straight to the point and cut all the unnecessary fluff.
I get that Toyotaro is probably being forced to slow down this arc but he could do so in a more creative way.

Moro’s wish was underwhelming and totally unpredictable which ruined it. It was such a total waste of Porunga’s power considering how useless the prisoners are without Moro’s powers.

Can Goku stop acting surprised every single time? He seems a coward in the manga. That’s not how Goku ever acted in front of a threatening situation.
He should be more like he was in the movie when Broly and Freeza reached Earth.
Toyotaro is forgetting that Goku is supposed to be stoic. He’s no Deku, even though Toyotaro drew him in a style similar to MHA’s in a side shot when Goku turned Blue in this very chapter.
It’s irritating to see the main character being written and handled so badly in the manga.

I must say that at least I’m very happy to see Goku and Vegeta actually being separated. Hopefully Goku will think of something to solve their problem too instead of acting like an idiot/pussy.
Vegeta going to Yardrat is interesting as hell and I hope Toyotaro will do that right. I would love to see Vegeta training there and learning a few techniques.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

omegacwa

Post by omegacwa » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:57 pm

emperior wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:38 pm
Vegeta going to Yardrat is interesting as hell and I hope Toyotaro will do that right. I would love to see Vegeta training there and learning a few techniques.
My head would probably explode if Vegeta ends up being the hero of this arc. I don't even care if Goku is heavily involved.

TKA
Advanced Regular

Post by TKA » Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:20 pm

After many, many months of being underwhelmed, this arc is finally getting interesting. The pace to get here has been abysmal, but finally it seems the random fights are done and we are getting plot.

I still have no idea what exactly this arc is about, but maybe Vegeta will get some pathos and add some heart to this glorified Toei movie. If it turns out to be good, then the arc will officially be better than every pre-Battle of God movie!

As an aside, it's somewhat amusing how self-referential Toyotaro's original work is. Going back to Yardrat? A planet that was a one-off mention in the original series? That's how you know when a fan is writing, as opposed to the original creator. Fans tend to latch on to afterthoughts like that. Not really judging it in this instance; I just found it worth pointing out. (I hope he does a real deep cut and have Soba there!)
Last edited by TKA on Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Creatives who inspire me: Akira Toriyama, George Lucas, Chris Nolan, J. R. R. Tolkien and Zack Snyder

http://i.imgur.com/XAnj7Yi.jpg

You saw Batman v Superman? Is it the Ultimate Edition? No? Then you haven't seen Batman v Superman. Also, the Snyder Cut is the greatest, non-deconstructionist ensemble comic book film ever made.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:22 pm

emperior wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:38 pm The pacing keeps being terrible. There was no point in showing the whole prison outbreak and it was largely uninteresting and the kind of filler I would expect to see in the anime, not the manga.
Toriyama used to get straight to the point and cut all the unnecessary fluff.
I get that Toyotaro is probably being forced to slow down this arc but he could do so in a more creative way.

Moro’s wish was underwhelming and totally unpredictable which ruined it. It was such a total waste of Porunga’s power considering how useless the prisoners are without Moro’s powers.

Can Goku stop acting surprised every single time? He seems a coward in the manga. That’s not how Goku ever acted in front of a threatening situation.
He should be more like he was in the movie when Broly and Freeza reached Earth.
Toyotaro is forgetting that Goku is supposed to be stoic. He’s no Deku, even though Toyotaro drew him in a style similar to MHA’s in a side shot when Goku turned Blue in this very chapter.
It’s irritating to see the main character being written and handled so badly in the manga.

I must say that at least I’m very happy to see Goku and Vegeta actually being separated. Hopefully Goku will think of something to solve their problem too instead of acting like an idiot/pussy.
I agree with everything. It is quite obvious to me that Toyotaro is writing this arc.Too much dragging in the chapter and this was never Totiyama's style. Vegeta'sresponse was the only interesting thing to me.
RandomGuy96 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:32 am Current scoreboard:
lolololol

TKA
Advanced Regular

Post by TKA » Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:38 pm

My bad, I didn't actually sum up.

Chapter's good. I liked it. First one of this entire arc. Hopefully we go to good places.

Also, I really want Soba to show up so I can get a good laugh out of it.
The Creatives who inspire me: Akira Toriyama, George Lucas, Chris Nolan, J. R. R. Tolkien and Zack Snyder

http://i.imgur.com/XAnj7Yi.jpg

You saw Batman v Superman? Is it the Ultimate Edition? No? Then you haven't seen Batman v Superman. Also, the Snyder Cut is the greatest, non-deconstructionist ensemble comic book film ever made.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:08 pm

The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:14 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:08 pm Image
Oh, good find!

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:29 pm

Chapter has 2 issues:

1. BLUE Goku&Vegeta not annihilating the prisoners AND not being annihilated once they drop from Blue. Completely ridiculous, especially once they drop to SS and Base.
2. Goku reverting to SS3 atuomatically after SSGod fails, like God were a power-up of SS3.

Vegeta getting fed with weird stuff is nice. Hope it will develop in something interesting.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:39 pm

How did the prisoners get to Namek instantly?
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:48 pm

Noitsnothim wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:57 pm
GodVegetto91 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:20 am
Noitsnothim wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:11 am Moro's new crew have to be some of the worst designs i've seen yet in DB history (not only do they copy other designs from the T.O.P) but they look lame and not intimidating (the only one i'll let pass is the Hit look alike and U7 Metalman)
One of them actually looks like Bart Simpson lol
Not Bart Simpson...The one you're talking about is a copy of Fin from SDBH
Looks like Beelzebub from Sandland too