"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Re: Super's manga by Toyotarō

Post by Sandubadear » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:55 pm

Doctor. wrote:Besides Goku and Vegeta, who would be the most viable candidates? We have Gohan, who is the strongest if he keeps his ultimate form in the F arc, second strongest otherwise; Majin Boo; Piccolo; Goten and Trunks, who may enter as Gotenks but I sincerely doubt that, and Tenshinhan and Kuririn. I'd say Yamcha but at this point, Toriyama probably thinks Roshi is stronger than him. All of them are very, very weak compared to Goku and Vegeta. I hope we don't jump straight into the tournament and have a training arc first, not only to increase the power of the other 3, but also to get to know Universe 6's fighters.
Boo is hibernating, isn't he? I don't remember exactly, but it's probably a very long hibernation.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:55 pm

I'm confused about something... If the side that defeats the team captain wins, why bother have a 5-on-5 tournament?

I'm guessing Boo is a given, since Earth's food is at stake :lol: if they want to include the kids, either they fight alone or they present Gotenks as a fighter. If that happens, it's a good opportunity to make him fight another Fusion warrior and introduce those other types of Fusions Toriyama takled about.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:56 pm

So Valdos is now confirmed as the strongest between the two universes (6 & 7)

And there's one universe that is not aligned with the others, U13 maybe?

Probably the final villain will be a U13 resident
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:56 pm

I think the tournament will be something like this :

1st rounds :

Goku vs ?? Goku wins
Vegeta vs ?? vegeta wins
Piccolo vs ?? piccolo loses
Buu vs ?? Buu loses
Gohan vs ?? both lose

2nd rounds :

Goku vs who defeated piccolo
Vegeta vs who defeated buu

Who do you think will reach the finals ? I think Goku&Vegeta will reach them which will lead to Champa trying to take earth by force which will lead to him and Beerus fighting.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:58 pm

sintzu wrote:I think the tournament will be something like this :
You really think they will toss aside Gotenks over Mr. Boo and Piccolo? :lol:
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:00 pm

alakazam^ wrote:I'm confused about something... If the side that defeats the team captain wins, why bother have a 5-on-5 tournament?
It could be a battle royal where for example Vegeta,piccolo,buu&gohan have to defend Goku from whoever will be fighting from u6.
Noah wrote:You really think they will toss aside Gotenks over Mr. Boo and Piccolo? :lol:
I hope so.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Sodhi
I Live Here

Post by Sodhi » Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:01 pm

Noah wrote:So Valdos is now confirmed as the strongest between the two universes (6 & 7)

Whis said that there are only 12 universes.
Whis: “Didn’t you know? There are twelve universes in total. Ours is Universe 7.”

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:03 pm

Noah wrote:So Valdos is now confirmed as the strongest between the two universes (6 & 7)

Her name is Vados.

There isn't a 13th universe. It was said that universes are connected as long as their sum equals 13. So 1+12 = 13, 2+11, 3+10, 4+9, 5+8 and 6+7.

irreality
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by irreality » Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:03 pm

Your math is off: there are 12 universe, in pairs of 13:

1 and 12
2 and 11
3 and 10
4 and 9
5 and 8
6 and 7

all universes accounted for!

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:05 pm

1st rounds :

Goku vs ?? Goku wins
Vegeta vs ?? vegeta wins
Piccolo vs ?? piccolo loses
Buu vs ?? Buu loses
Gohan vs ?? both lose

2nd rounds :

Goku vs who defeated piccolo
Vegeta vs who defeated buu

Who do you think will reach the finals ? I think Goku&Vegeta will reach them which will lead to Champa trying to take earth by force which will lead to him and Beerus fighting.
I gave up predicting DB tournaments since 21st Tenkaichi Budokai.

Goku lost 21st and 22nd.
Won the 23rd.
Gave up in Cell games.
Almost every z fighter quit from 25th.
Goku left with Uub in 28th.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:07 pm

If Gohan fights, he is 100% getting knocked the **** out.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:08 pm

sintzu wrote:
alakazam^ wrote:I'm confused about something... If the side that defeats the team captain wins, why bother have a 5-on-5 tournament?
It could be a battle royal where for example Vegeta,piccolo,buu&gohan have to defend Goku from whoever will be fighting from u6.
It can't be that, Champa said it would be one-on-one. I thought it would be who won the best out of five because I wasn't familiar with the word Herms translated as "team captain". Maybe the team captains fight last? I'm kinda hoping for Universe 7 losing, it might be interesting.

There's also the theory that Vegeta will fight on Champa's side but I'm not sure how likely it is because the fight outcome would also affect Bulma.

If the staff remembers Tenshinhan's alien origin, they could make Champa/Vados recognize him as one of that race and offer to train him. Being the fighting junkie he is, he could very well accept the offer since he can't improve much otherwise.
Last edited by alakazam^ on Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:09 pm

TheGameTagerZ wrote:Here's the script, leaks were real.

http://www.shonengamez.com/2015/10/17/d ... to-champa/
Alright, so overall an accurate translation, except for this:
Champa: “A battle as in Fist to Fist, 1 Vs. 1! If I win we trade Earth’s!”

Beerus: “Hahaha, you want to fight me?”

Champa: “No no no, We will choose humans to fight for us from our own Earths.” “…yeah, how about a 5 man group battle?”

“It’ll be 1 Vs.1 until we have a clear final champion!” “Let the 6th & 7th God of Destruction Battle Tournament begin!”
This gets quite a bit wrong or at best phrases things in a needlessly confusing way.

Champa proposes a team competition between teams of five people from each universe (not each Earth). One person from each team will fight one from the opposite team, until the last person on a team gets defeated, determining the winner. He calls this an "Invitational Tournament" (meaning a tournament one can only enter if invited) of Universe 6 and 7's Gods of Destruction. So, a tournament between people hand-picked by Champa and Beerus.

But I am not without fault either...
alakazam^ wrote:
sintzu wrote:
It can't be that, Champa said it would be one-on-one. I thought it would be who won the best out of five because I wasn't familiar with the word Herms translated as "team captain". Maybe the team captains fight last? I'm kinda hoping for Universe 7 losing, it might be interesting.
Sorry, I screwed up: 大将 means a "general" or "boss" (which is why I was thinking team captain), but it seems it also means the last person to compete in the final match of a team competition (as in kendo or judo). So literally they'll keep fighting one-on-one until the last person on a team has been defeated. Sorry for any confusion. Fixing now.

(I mean, I assume teams typically save the best for last, which is why the final competitor is called the "general" in the first place, but it seems the title is reserved for whoever is last, so by definition there's no possibility of the "general" being defeated without all his teammates being defeated first.)
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:10 pm

Just wait and see: Gohan will win the tournament :lol:
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

Araki
Advanced Regular

Post by Araki » Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:11 pm

Noah wrote:
You really think they will toss aside Gotenks over Mr. Boo and Piccolo? :lol:
I seriously doubt that too, especially Buu. i mean, how much more marketable Gotenks is, compared to him?
I don't think much people honestly want to see Buu fighting in this. It feels like he's not seen as a "serious" fighter anymore, and let's be honest, his character is very limited.
Last edited by Araki on Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

irreality
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by irreality » Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:11 pm

Maybe they do: weakest fighter against weakest fighter first: loser eliminated, next strongest fighter tags in. And So on. Sort of like a relay race.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:13 pm

Toriyama said the Universe 6 Arc would involve going there in search of Super Dragon Balls. That doesn't really seem to be something that ties in what was previously depicted of Champa or this tournament, so I'm going to assume it's not the main meat of the arc. So yeah, in true tournament fashion, Goku and the gang may lose or it get interrupted by something.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:14 pm

Draconic wrote:Just wait and see: Gohan will win the tournament :lol:
And then he wakes up, realizing he was dreaming after getting knocked out in said tournament.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:15 pm

Herms wrote: Sorry, I screwed up: 大将 means a "general" or "boss" (which is why I was thinking team captain), but it seems it also means the last person to compete in the final match of a team competition (as in kendo or judo). So literally they'll keep fighting one-on-one until the last person on a team has been defeated. Sorry for any confusion. Fixing now.
Like the Uranai Baba tournament and the Chaozu tournament in Mystical Adventure?
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:15 pm

irreality wrote:Maybe they do: weakest fighter against weakest fighter first: loser eliminated, next strongest fighter tags in. And So on. Sort of like a relay race.
This is probably how it will be.

Beerus will go to hell and bring back Freeza and Cell to fight. :)