"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DiscountDabi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by DiscountDabi » Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:55 pm

Incarnate wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:39 pm
Xeogran wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:03 pm
Incarnate wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:25 pm Fun fact, Merus has never gotten hit once.
Wasn't his outfit damaged at one point when he was sparring with UI Omen Goku?
Found it:
Entirely off-screen and it could just be assumed that those little rips in his clothing are from him powering up slightly as, even in the image you posted, you can see parts Merus' clothes tearing off; which has somewhat always been a thing for UI as seen in Goku's fight with Jiren/Moro you can see these little scraps of clothing floating and tearing off.

For example:

But anyway, as you can see, Merus, unlike Goku, doesn't have any scratches.
Well actually he does have some scratches here on this page before powering up:https://ibb.co/xDG2Gnp

Incarnate
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Incarnate » Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:04 pm

DiscountDabi wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:55 pm Well actually he does have some scratches here on this page before powering up:https://ibb.co/xDG2Gnp
Those aren't scratches, those are tears in his clothes. And like I said, that could have just been caused from him powering up a little bit off-screen, as we later see him powering up (just like when Goku goes UI) causes the clothes he's wearing a tear off a little bit.

Jack Bz
Regular

Post by Jack Bz » Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:19 pm

It doesn't really matter if Goku managed to scratch Merus or not. He's fighting at a level of power appropriate for training with and pushing Goku, and not his full strength, which would have him erased if he even did so.

Omgzord
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Omgzord » Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:01 pm

Really guys? Whis stepped in the moment Merus showed a glimpse of his true power. So even if Goku actually did graze him a bit it was because Merus was taking it easy on him and nothing more.

DiscountDabi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DiscountDabi » Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:43 pm

So, New Moro with his copying ability is probably the worst thing this arc could have done. And I’m gonna explain it using another Technique Heavy Fighter, Hit.

In the Universe 6 Arc, The thing that made Hit dangerous was his Time Skip Technique in the same way Moro’s energy Magic made him dangerous. Vegeta Couldn’t keep up with Hit in his fight. And he gave Goku and Very Tough fight. When Goku did eventually one up Hit, he refined his staple technique and continued to be dangerous in that sense.

Vegeta out classes Moro and instead of doing a similar thing to Hit where he applied his technique differently (something hinted at when Moro called his Planet Energy Attack a “single application” of his power). Instead of doing that, he just went and ate 7-3 and got a brand new technique. This makes both Goku and Vegeta’s training Irrelevant and makes the entire effort of overcoming Moro’s Absorption pointless.

This is abysmal writing. Not only toss out Moro’s old ability once it gets beaten, but he also gets an ability that steals abilities. Its like “Oh well my ability is trash now. Gonna steal everyone elses.”

CashmanX
Patreon Supporter

Post by CashmanX » Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:00 pm

Am I reading from the drafts correctly that
olympia wrote: 21:28 why are we still talking about the emails
21:29 who gives a fuck
21:29 shut the fuck up trunks
21:29 * mean trump

Magnificent Ponta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Magnificent Ponta » Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:06 pm

CashmanX wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:00 pm Am I reading from the drafts correctly that

Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:27 pm

Soooo....any guesses for long this arc is gonna go? Cause if THIS is the climax, I guess we aren't anywhere close to the ending yet. I mean, not saying I want it to end, but I didn't expect it to go for this long.
The Dorkie and Ditzy member of the Trio! I'm as cute and as airheaded as you can get!

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:37 pm

CashmanX wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:00 pmMerus whisked everyone away from the battlefield and we're due for another training session? You mean to tell me this isn't even the climax of the arc!?
I think training as in following directions, as there's no way we're getting more down time followed by yet another major battle. I think (hope) Goku and Vegeta will be healed and will finally get the job done.
Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:27 pm Soooo....any guesses for long this arc is gonna go? Cause if THIS is the climax, I guess we aren't anywhere close to the ending yet. I mean, not saying I want it to end, but I didn't expect it to go for this long.
Surely it'll end within the next 2-3 chapters. Anything more will just be overkill at this point.

caire
Not-So-Newbie

Post by caire » Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:36 am

I feel like I'm being a bit pessimistic here but this is giving me even stronger Res F vibes now.

Goku screws up by making a mistake he was already warned about (his carelessness in Res F, going all out in Sign here) Vegeta steps in, beats down the villain and screws up by monologuing too long, but luckily divine (angelic) intervention allows Goku to put right his mistake and save everyone.

I do still have a feeling that Spirit Control will be involved somehow, though, even if it's through Goku making an opening for it.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:25 am

MASSIVE SPOILERS!!!!!

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:28 am

Matches Malone wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:25 am MASSIVE SPOILERS!!!!!
Damn.. I am both surprised and not surprised at the same time.

Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:31 am

Well great. That's just great.

Oh well. Guess I'll just have to get used to that. Damn it. Though, isn't Whis going to look stupid now? Merus getting erased is on Whis isn't it? Hope Whis is ok with shouldering the responsibility now.
The Dorkie and Ditzy member of the Trio! I'm as cute and as airheaded as you can get!

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:38 am

Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:31 amIsn't Whis going to look stupid now? Merus getting erased is on Whis isn't it? Hope Whis is ok with shouldering the responsibility now.
He lost what little credibility he had back in RF when he stepped in pink shit.

Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:46 am

Matches Malone wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:38 am
Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:31 amIsn't Whis going to look stupid now? Merus getting erased is on Whis isn't it? Hope Whis is ok with shouldering the responsibility now.
He lost what little credibility he had back in RF when he stepped in pink shit.
I mean, I think that was meant to be a joke/gag.

Merus dying is stupid to me, seeing as even if Whis didn't care about Merus, it'd be in his best interest for him to be alive. This makes Whis look like an irresponsible moron considering all the hoops he dove in to keep Merus alive.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:49 am

Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:46 amMerus dying is stupid to me, seeing as even if Whis didn't care about Merus, it'd be in his best interest for him to be alive.
I think it depends on how it's done, as maybe Whis gives him the OK to go ahead with it due to him being too far gone to become a neutral angle. I highly doubt Whis and even Beerus don't know what's going on.

ShaggyBlanco
Beyond Newbie

Post by ShaggyBlanco » Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:52 am

So... does that mean Beerus really isn't coming to Earth?

Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:53 am

Matches Malone wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:49 am
Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:46 amMerus dying is stupid to me, seeing as even if Whis didn't care about Merus, it'd be in his best interest for him to be alive.
I think it depends on how it's done, as maybe Whis gives him the OK to go ahead with it due to him being too far gone to become a neutral angle. I highly doubt Whis and even Beerus don't know what's going on.
Hope he knows how to explain that to the Grand Priest once Moro's defeated, since all know the GP would probably want a word with Whis after that happened. It's still going to make him look stupid seeing as he'll have his father giving him the side-eye for failing to protect Merus. Even if Whis knows what the hell is happening, that doesn't mean its any less stupid considering how dumb Whis will look.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:54 am

ShaggyBlanco wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:52 am
So... does that mean Beerus really isn't coming to Earth?
No one knows yet, these are just early reactions that may be misleading.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:02 pm

Why do I expect for some kind of a twist?

Like, the GP most certainly is aware of Merus' connection to the mortals and his personal beef with Moro. Perhaps this is the result of Merus failing his trials as an Angel Trainee?
I feel like this isn't all we'll see from Merus.
P O W E R