"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Magnificent Ponta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Magnificent Ponta » Mon May 31, 2021 5:50 pm

Rebel Instinct wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 6:56 pmThe extra physical capability of higher forms is just acting as something of a temporary crutch to take the strain off his body while he gets used to using the technique outside the silver haired form. The idea is to grow accustomed to moving in UI at all times in all forms so that it no longer causes strain. A more physically capable transformed body is just a stop-gap until Goku gets a handle on it.
Apologies for the double-post, but wanted to develop this observation slightly with regard to the broader arc and comparing/contrasting with Vegeta and Granolah.

A lot of people have observed that Vegeta has started again and is taking things slowly rather than rushing into a short-cut to power like Granolah has, but I wanted to offer the observation (apologies if someone else made it and I missed it) that Goku is doing the same, sitting astride the position of both of these characters, in a way. Having found such a short-cut in the Moro arc - True Ultra Instinct, properly wielded, via a Divine Power transformation - Goku has found that it has only got him to the very foot of the ladder he seeks to climb. He has, in effect, 'got ahead of himself' by skipping straight to the full shebang (even though that took a lot of work), and sticking with his Divine Power transformation on its own won't get him any further than the bare minimum.

Now, he seeks (much like Vegeta) to start again, re-train himself from basics, and develop this power in his own way, without taking the short-cut unless really needed. We are finding, as a result, that Goku's wielding of Ultra Instinct is growing progressively more precise with him, and consequently we will probably find that, in this interim period you describe, Goku's wielding of Ultra Instinct when using the short-cut of the Divine Power transformation has, thanks to his training, moved him towards not just acclimatisation to the strenuous nature of the movement, but also towards a still more precise wielding of the technique in that form: that is, his back-to-basics groundwork will pay the dividends he seeks; it won't be a short-cut anymore.

Compare and contrast again with Granolah, who has (like Goku) skipped straight ahead of his own capacities to become as strong as he is, but (unlike Goku) lacks the means, or desire, to build on this further. Even if Granolah comes out on top in this round (still not yet at all certain), what counts is that Goku is the one who possesses the ability and will to grow further, which we're seeing re-reveal itself even as he fights.

AndLad92

Post by AndLad92 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:21 am

I just wanted to share this release here: Image

An author called Marb has made a fan manga on "Fukkatsu no F" (Resurrection F), which includes Toyotaro’s 3 never released Golden Freeza arc chapters, as well as 2 additional chapters by Rogeru to finish the story.
As you know, this arc wasn't covered in the DBS manga, so this could be a way to own this arc in a manga format. The author even took his time to make the volume look like any of the other DBS manga volumes.
You can purchase it here: https://app.thebookpatch.com/BookStore/ ... 0f2f686a3e

I really want to buy it, but i live in Denmark and it means that the shipping alone costs 135$, which I think is a considerable amount for a 13$ manga volume. Does anyone know a way where you can buy this volume, without this huge shipping cost?
As a big fan of Dragon Ball, I should be expected to hate the live action movie "Dragon Ball: Evolution", but I don't. I don't like it because of the content, but because it gave us Dragon Ball Super:

"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super.

BWri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by BWri » Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:49 pm

That's cool and I was with it until I saw that they are charging for this. I guess I don't mind fans profiting from creator work but only if they got the blessing from said creator.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:33 pm

AndLad92 wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:21 am I just wanted to share this release here: Image

An author called Marb has made a fan manga on "Fukkatsu no F" (Resurrection F), which includes Toyotaro’s 3 never released Golden Freeza arc chapters, as well as 2 additional chapters by Rogeru to finish the story.
As you know, this arc wasn't covered in the DBS manga, so this could be a way to own this arc in a manga format. The author even took his time to make the volume look like any of the other DBS manga volumes.
You can purchase it here: https://app.thebookpatch.com/BookStore/ ... 0f2f686a3e

I really want to buy it, but i live in Denmark and it means that the shipping alone costs 135$, which I think is a considerable amount for a 13$ manga volume. Does anyone know a way where you can buy this volume, without this huge shipping cost?
Did he edit out base Goku Vs Freeza because otherwise it's not canon to the Manga....
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Magnificent Ponta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Magnificent Ponta » Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:11 pm

Not to be hyper-critical, but how would a manga volume cover of Revival of F not automatically crib from this image?:

Wild. Points for going their own way with it, I guess.

jd55513
Not-So-Newbie

Post by jd55513 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:04 am

If you guys are interested, I did two videos going into my theory of WHY Granolah likely has UI and Hakai.

Theory :
https://youtu.be/-gkVxwyThw8

Chapter 72 review:

https://youtu.be/u3g6RXdQRns

I'll bet Money Granolah has UI and Hakai. To me it's so obvious. The speed at which he blitzed Goku and Vegeta while it may seem like just superfast speed. It's surprised Goku, who was using UI!

Then when ssj Goku thought he found Granolah, he fired a blast and the panels of the blast about to hit Granolah it zoomed on his face who had a blank expression. Then he "teleports" behind Goku/Vegeta....just like Merus, Whis, and even UI Goku vs Jiren.

The speed and sound effects of the panel match UI and not IT.

I also did two videos on it, looking at the evidence and the past arcs of Toyataro foreshadowing

The Dragon made him the Strongest in terms of techniques. That is, to be the greatest warrior the Dragon had to know who the Strongest warrior was.

Which is Goku. Why is Goku Strong? Because of Techniques like UI and Hakai (he has knowledge of it)

So the Dragon required a sacrifice to give him those moves, which shouldn't be surprising since he learned Bukujutsu and ki sensing.

Watch my videos I carefully go over the past history of Toyotaro foreshadowing with the Zeno button and Moro/ Merus hand theory

Remember you can have UI and Hakai and still be weaker than the gods. Case in point Goku lol

The teleportation Granolah did was faster than the technique of IT. Implying something else. We know UI movements are faster(Whis)
The sound effect bubbles in the manga for UI are generally "FWP" and "FSH"

While IT can sometimes have FSH. However, because Goku notes that it is faster than IT, the only technique we know that is faster is Kai Kai, which is exclusive to Kaioshin.
So the only thing faster is UI
Now as for the likely counterarguments being of the following:
"JD there are characters who are faster than UI". No,There are characters faster than the "body" of UI users.
Jiren is a example. However the teleportation Granolah did was a technique, not just speed. Leaving only UI
Finally the other counter argument.
JD the Dragon couldnt give Granolah UI and Hakai because he omitted the power of the other gods.
While that's true, Goku and Vegeta have those God techniques AND are still WEAKER than the gods of Universe 7.
Goku is likely the strongest mortal

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:43 am

TobyS wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:33 pm
AndLad92 wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:21 am I just wanted to share this release here: Image

Did he edit out base Goku Vs Freeza because otherwise it's not canon to the Manga....
Is that legal to sell?

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:36 pm

I don't think so.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Super Murjin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Super Murjin » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:05 pm

It would be nice to see "Fukkatsu no F" completed for the manga.

Rebel Instinct
Beyond Newbie

Post by Rebel Instinct » Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:30 pm

So, this is interesting...

(!!!Spoilers for Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot DLC 3!!! - You have been warned!)

https://twitter.com/DbsHype1/status/1403055593925976066

https://twitter.com/Gzeta4/status/1403182964763205639

Not strictly manga content I suppose, but I feel like this is appropriate to post here considering the nature of certain discussions about DBS manga representation in other media. Personally, I'm jazzed as hell.
The post-Super fandom has ruined my love for Dragon Ball.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:48 pm

This will certainly make people ask even more for Moro to get merchandising stuff and to appear in games.

But I think we shouldn't get used to it. Yes, they did adapt something that is manga content (and there have been other cases, such as Gine and kid Goku appearing in games way before their debut in the anime) in this special case, but if I am to guess, I doubt this will become a tendency from now on. Well, who knows what the future holds?
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:33 pm

Well, although it can be said that in this case they didn't have enough anime material to adapt (while there was plenty of room to extend the DLC content using what we saw in the manga as a base), it's definitely a good starting point to see a big DB game like this adapting exclusive manga content that for many was still unknown.

It would certainly be interesting to see more of this in future games and sequels (although in Moro's case, for example, it seems more beneficial to wait for an anime adaptation, in which voice actors will already be cast, as well as the game being able to expand its content depending on the additions that the anime will do)

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Post by Yuji » Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:02 am

It's pretty interesting that DBZ Kakarot decided to adapt the manga's events of the Boo arc in the future Trunks time-line. Perhaps this means Namco and even Toei are more open to adapting manga material in the future.

Omori
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Omori » Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:56 am

I think Vegeta's Gamma Burst Flash also made it from manga-only into games. These things are quite rare.

But still, adapting the manga version of the Buu arc in Trunks' future was something nobody saw coming and a nice surprise.
(would have also been nice as a TV special^^).

I also agree that with Moro they should better for the anime to come first. But if there's anything from the manga before that, would be nice to see. Goku Black Super Saiyan or shirtless Zamasu.

Overall, a step in the right direction. Especially since I really like Toyotarou's version of that flashback (the anime version was rather short in that case).

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:59 am

An update on how well the manga has sold commercially:

Total sales:

Volume 1 - 310,005
Volume 2 - 284,337
Volume 3 - 236,720
Volume 4 - 267,417
Volume 5 - 400,000
Volume 6 - 216,871
Volume 7 - 208,796
Volume 8 - 314,269
Volume 9 - 340,000
Volume 10 - 196,204
Volume 11 - 119,283
Volume 12 - 146,305
Volume 13 - 155,095
Volume 14 - 95,101 (so far)
Volume 15 - 150,971 (so far)

The first week sales:

Volume 1 - 29,995
Volume 2 - 56,947
Volume 3 - 92,114
Volume 4 - 150,889
Volume 5 - 121,293
Volume 6 - 154,983
Volume 7 - 142,820
Volume 8 - 154,544
Volume 10 - 90,557
Volume 11 - 119,283
Volume 12 - 80,078
Volume 13 - 112,997
Volume 14 - 95,101
Volume 15 - 74,292

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:51 pm

Lord Beerus wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:59 am An update on how well the manga has sold commercially:

Total sales:

The first week sales:

Volume 14 - 95,101
Uhh did Volume 14 not move a copy after it's first week sales :lol:

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:19 pm

AndLad92 wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:21 am I just wanted to share this release here:

That is nice and I would've been OK with it if it was fan edit and the extra chapters for free with the official ones omited (for sure, wink wink, when they weren't really released in the first place).
Honestly, the art on cover is nice but that whole design looks like crap, with fonts and all and I haven't even seen how the extra chapters inside look like... Wouldn't buy it even for 2 dollars and free shipping to scare the hell out of me on my bookshelf.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:37 pm

Xeogran wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:51 pm
Lord Beerus wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:59 am An update on how well the manga has sold commercially:

Total sales:

The first week sales:

Volume 14 - 95,101
Uhh did Volume 14 not move a copy after it's first week sales :lol:
Volume 14 fell off the manga top 30 sales chart completely after its first week. So those are all the numbers I have to work on.

Jack Bz
Regular

Post by Jack Bz » Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:58 pm

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:05 am

Jack Bz wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:58 pm Drafts are out!
Oh yes, we need this fight to drag on for at least 10 chapters! :crazy:
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88