"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by MCDaveG » Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:43 am

I must say as a huge critic of the Dragon Ball lately, I have enjoyed this chapter with Vegeta, as Goku's efforts really were kinda lackluster and embarassing.
Not only I am surprised and excited by Vegeta's new form and really hope, it is transformation based purely on power of destruction and what Beerus thaught him, hence breaking the ice cream Super Saiyan recolors...

My hopes are with Vegeta and that he will end this fight soon with focus on the real enemies here.
My inner kid says, that this was really cool!
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:27 pm

My goodness, I though Granola would simply give Vegeta the beating of his life, but I guess this might take longer than I expected. Not much to say about his new form... It is ugly? Yes, but at least this is Toyotaro attempting to do something better than the usual crap he give us every month.

Also do this form implies that Vegeta is grooming to suceed Beerus? Not in power, but actually becoming a GoD? That's a bit fanservicey to me, but I interested to see how he will get there...
DiscountDabi wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 11:36 am
This looks quite decent in color, Toei might probably ignore it, but I wonder how would look like animated.
TKA wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:24 am In a vacuum, this chapter is immaculate.
This page in particular. Vegeta's design on these pages referring back to the Saiyan arc where he fought Goku, as he speaks about how it's been ages... that's very good meta-level storytelling. I fucking dig it. But the second you add the greater context of the arc... this is all pointless. These fights are pointless. Granolah's character has become empty ever since he met these two, with nothing to say or do but be mad about his lost world. It's one-note, and frivolous. But in a vacuum, the choreography, the characterization, the art, it's all splendid.
I agree, probably one of the best parts of the chapter and Toyotaro comic overall, he seems to know where he's reaching, but sadly don't know how to get more deep into it.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

DiscountDabi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DiscountDabi » Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:11 am

Reposting from the Strenght Forum since I think its interesting and has to do with the Manga.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:40 am

DiscountDabi wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:11 am Reposting from the Strenght Forum since I think its interesting and has to do with the Manga.
This is such stupid bullshit that people who wanna wank pre bog Goku do.

1. He didn't get much stronger in the same forms between cell and Buu with heavenly training. And he hasn't had any new training method yet like God ki and whis.
2. There's no reason to assume he can't make them as strong or weak as he wants. It's fucking imaginary.
3. There's nothing to say he wasn't about to go ss3 before Goten interrupted him.

It was just Goku training and Toyo wanting to do cute little cameos/continuity nods/ visually the reader of all the battles Goku has had up to this point.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:42 am

DiscountDabi wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:11 am Reposting from the Strenght Forum since I think its interesting and has to do with the Manga.
If we go by Z-logic, Goku ought to get his ass handed to him by Pure Boo in anything except SSJ3. The anime went the extra mile of having SSJ2 Goku contend with Boo for awhile but it was made clear later that SSJ3 was required in order for Goku to actually vanquish the imp. However, DBS isn't quite as consistent as the original run was and so, SSJ Goku can win if he simply gives it his all. An injured and tired Vegeta did something similar by blowing two Merged Zamasu to bits when previously, he couldn't even land a hit on one Merged Zamasu while he was fresh.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

DiscountDabi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DiscountDabi » Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:13 am

TobyS wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:40 am
This is such stupid bullshit that people who wanna wank pre bog Goku do.

1. He didn't get much stronger in the same forms between cell and Buu with heavenly training. And he hasn't had any new training method yet like God ki and whis.
2. There's no reason to assume he can't make them as strong or weak as he wants. It's fucking imaginary.
3. There's nothing to say he wasn't about to go ss3 before Goten interrupted him.

It was just Goku training and Toyo wanting to do cute little cameos/continuity nods/ visually the reader of all the battles Goku has had up to this point.
1. Completley irrelevent since Leaps in Power are Horribly Incosistent in Both Z and Super among longer and shorter time periods.
2. The point of Image Training is to Gauge yourself against oponents whose strenght you are familiar with. It would be pointless for Goku if he made them weaker in his mind as that voids the purpose of Image Training.
3. True, But nothing to say he was either. All we have is him rushing Kid Buu as a Super Saiyan.

as for your final point, How would you know? Are you Toyotaro?

jd55513
Not-So-Newbie

Post by jd55513 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:26 am

There are many ways chapter 75 can go actually. While it comes out officially on the 18th, which is Vegeta day. I wouldn't be surprised if Toyatoro and Toriyama, give Vegata the L on his special day.

I still argue and believe, that Granolah should win round 1 with them (yes round 1). I'm starting to think, they will milk this fight for the next few months till around November ish.
Assuming there is a round 2.

I think Vegeta will demolish Granolah in the first half of the chapter, then either Vegeta pulls a Cabba and tried to teach Granolah things about his power) fighting (doubtful) or Granolah calms down and when pushed into a near death experience, triggers Ultra Instinct.
We know Granolah has Hakai based on 74, 72, and 70.
While it hasn't been names dropped, it functions in the way Beerus described it.

And because we know Granolah obtained technique s from the wish(Bukujutsu, ki sensing, Clone move, the unnamed teleportation move, Hakai and Moro attack, it's fair to say he may have UI)

The problem is, based on the official coloring of Moro, it's difficult to tell if Granolah will transform to use it. Moros eyes did not go silver, nor did his aura change(even tho it was purple on Namek and then orange when he fought Goku and company on Earth...)
It's unknown if Granolahs eyes, aura or hair would change when using it.

So either that happens and Vegeta gives his senzu to Goku for a round 2 fight. Or the Heeters interrupt right after Vegeta wins.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:44 am

jd55513 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:26 am There are many ways chapter 75 can go actually. While it comes out officially on the 18th, which is Vegeta day. I wouldn't be surprised if Toyatoro and Toriyama, give Vegata the L on his special day.
Huh, Vegeta day? August 18th is Bulma's birthday, but it is also significant for Vegeta in some way other than his wife's birthday?

TKA
Advanced Regular

Post by TKA » Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:51 am

Vegeta Day? I'm pretty sure I'm the biggest Vegeta mark in existence and not even I know about that day.
The Creatives who inspire me: Akira Toriyama, George Lucas, Chris Nolan, J. R. R. Tolkien and Zack Snyder

http://i.imgur.com/XAnj7Yi.jpg

You saw Batman v Superman? Is it the Ultimate Edition? No? Then you haven't seen Batman v Superman. Also, the Snyder Cut is the greatest, non-deconstructionist ensemble comic book film ever made.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:57 am

Some characters have their own day, such as Bardock, Goku, Goku & Chi-Chi, Gohan, Goten and more... There's even Saiyans Day. But I've never seen Vegeta Day, in or out-universe. They probably meant Bulma, though.

While there's official information stating Bulma's birthday to be in August, I doubt anyone in the production team knows about it. And for the sake of consistency, it's better to ignore that date (if we put Movie 14 events to take place in August, be ready to deal with lots of problems).
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:07 pm

Vegeta winning and trying to salvage Granolah seems like the best outcome.

Heeters with their plan backfiring turn to Freeza for help.

Freeza/Heeters vs Goku/Vegeta/Granolah

Add some goons for Earth Warriors to get some action in a possible final bout.

DiscountDabi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DiscountDabi » Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:05 pm

As I've mentioned in the Past, Granolah seems to mirror Saiyan Saga Vegeta in a lot of ways. Keeping with that idea, perhaps Vegeta absolutley demolishes Granolah but either with the Heeters using the Dragon Balls or Elec and Gas Arriving in General causes enough of a distraction for Granolah to escape.

And later on he takes on a Similar Role to Vegeta in the Frieza Saga and begrugingly teams up with Goku and Vegeta to fight the Heeters or Frieza.

Retan
Advanced Regular

Post by Retan » Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:50 am

Could Vegeta possibly go insane with this transformation with Goku and Granola needing to team up to stop him?

Necrosaber
Beyond Newbie

Post by Necrosaber » Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:01 am

I think Vegeta will defeat Granola, but let him go to 1) prove that they truly work for Frieza and 2) show even more growth in Vegeta's character. Goku and Vegeta then go to investigate the Heeters and find Frieza's whereabouts. Granola will head back home to find the old Namekian has passed away. At that point he takes Vegeta's words to heart and starts to properly train.

PurestEvil
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PurestEvil » Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:37 am

I really hope the pair of dragon balls (heh) will become more prominent as the story unfolds soon. I wonder if Elec will use them to boost Gas.
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

Krillin1994
Regular

Post by Krillin1994 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:59 pm

PurestEvil wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:37 am I really hope the pair of dragon balls (heh) will become more prominent as the story unfolds soon. I wonder if Elec will use them to boost Gas.
I really hope the next wish isn’t just to become strong. As it would be really lacklustre to have the same wish performed twice. Especially when the villains have been going the route of knowledge is power. Hoping it isn’t so straightforward a wish.

TKA
Advanced Regular

Post by TKA » Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:16 pm

Krillin1994 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:59 pm
I really hope the next wish isn’t just to become strong. As it would be really lacklustre to have the same wish performed twice. Especially when the villains have been going the route of knowledge is power. Hoping it isn’t so straightforward a wish.
But that should absolutely be the next wish. It should be the only wish people make going forward. If a character doesn't wish for that, it should be something that's pointed out by other characters in the story. You can't put this genie back in the bottle.

You'll die in three years? Fuck that. Just wish for immortality next year. Nobody can stop you since you're now the strongest in the universe.

What a stupid plot point (as currently presented).
The Creatives who inspire me: Akira Toriyama, George Lucas, Chris Nolan, J. R. R. Tolkien and Zack Snyder

http://i.imgur.com/XAnj7Yi.jpg

You saw Batman v Superman? Is it the Ultimate Edition? No? Then you haven't seen Batman v Superman. Also, the Snyder Cut is the greatest, non-deconstructionist ensemble comic book film ever made.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:31 pm

TKA wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:16 pm
But that should absolutely be the next wish. It should be the only wish people make going forward. If a character doesn't wish for that, it should be something that's pointed out by other characters in the story. You can't put this genie back in the bottle.

You'll die in three years? Fuck that. Just wish for immortality next year. Nobody can stop you since you're now the strongest in the universe.

Well the arc may actually end up showing the full extent of the consequences of such a wish. I think Gas will be powered up in a similar way and it won’t probably end up well for neither Granolah nor him.

Also, it’s not clear if someone like Granolah could now wish for immortality. I doubt he could.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:04 pm

Gas' power as it stands is a mystery. Elec actually said that Gas might've won against post-wish Granolah had they fought, a statement that ought to be bullshit given that Granolah wished to be the strongest fighter in the universe as well as the possibility that Elec may not be able to sense Ki. However, Gas also has yet to demonstrate his true power and we don't really know anything about how he became as strong as he is and what abilities he truly has. He didn't appear too daunted after seeing Granolah's power and techniques so there must be something that Gas has up his sleeve or there is some great secret that he has been hiding even from his siblings.
Maybe Gas is, Toribot forbid, a fallen/resurrected-from-erasure Angel?
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Thani
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Thani » Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:05 pm

emperior wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:31 pm
TKA wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:16 pm

Well the arc may actually end up showing the full extent of the consequences of such a wish. I think Gas will be powered up in a similar way and it won’t probably end up well for neither Granolah nor him.

Also, it’s not clear if someone like Granolah could now wish for immortality. I doubt he could.
What is there to stop him? He sacrificed his lifespan for power, so he has 3 natural years left to live. But natural lifespan shouldn't matter to a wish-granting dragon.