"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ShaggyBlanco
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by ShaggyBlanco » Thu May 17, 2018 11:24 am

Looks like a chapter to read while listening to "Instant-Kill Battle"
Wonder if there are any off-screen eliminations

CriticalThinker
Beyond Newbie

Post by CriticalThinker » Thu May 17, 2018 11:48 am

Boy I can tell from those spoilers that I'm gonna be pretty conflicted while reading it. But as always I'll wait for the chapter to come out before I start ranting and raving.

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Thu May 17, 2018 11:51 am

Exline wrote: I'm even more happy that the elimination order has changed. I told you so to everyone who thought it was going to remain the same! This gives us a new chance to enjoy a much more different take on the Tournament of Power.
I was the one who argued with you about the elimination order :D Gotta give it to you man, I was convinced that it was set in stone. You were right :thumbup:
Get Fucked, C_unt

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu May 17, 2018 11:55 am

batistabus wrote:
HeroR wrote:He had many habits and quirks seen in many fanfiction authors (yes, I include myself in this too), especially the need to explain everything to the point that characters stopped being characters and become Mr. Explain. Which wouldn't be so bad if Toyo was good at it. I mean, if you're going to study a manga that does exploration while keeping the characters intact, I suggest Toyo study One Piece, Berserk, or FMA.

Toyo also runs afoul with the pitfall of trying to explain something, but end up making more of a mess like the whole problem I have with Healer Trunks.
What's an example of Toyotaro over-explaining to the detriment of the story?

What about healer Trunks is problematic?
One that comes off the top of my head was the first chapter of the Future Trunks Saga when Toyo felt the need to explained Dragon Ball time-travel twice. One through Jaco when he's talking to Tights and Bulma, and again with the teacher. That one in particular stands out since the teacher's explanation was utterly unneeded, especially in the same chapter after Jaco just explained time-travel.

As for Healer Trunks, I gave a giant explanation why I had issues with it, so I will give the footnote version if you don't mind. Basically, Trunks having healing powers and literally no one telling him for no reason changed the story since Trunks knowing that he could heal would have changed a lot of events. The biggest one being that he may have saved Shin when Dabura mortally wounded him. It likes Toyo introduced a plot point to make Trunks useful without physically making him stronger without realizing the wider implications of it, which is a common mistake of fanfic writers.

If you want more details, you can look through my post history where I give a far more detail explanation.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Thu May 17, 2018 12:00 pm

Vegeta_Sama wrote:
Exline wrote: I'm even more happy that the elimination order has changed. I told you so to everyone who thought it was going to remain the same! This gives us a new chance to enjoy a much more different take on the Tournament of Power.
I was the one who argued with you about the elimination order :D Gotta give it to you man, I was convinced that it was set in stone. You were right :thumbup:
Yeah, this chapter just killed that lol. Gotta give them their props.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu May 17, 2018 12:17 pm

OLKv3 wrote:
ToshioWrites wrote:[spoiler]17 takes out Botamo. Gamisaras takes out 18 and the Magical girls[/spoiler]
U4 is strong here, at the cost of 18 and Ribrianne. Fuck.
But no one cares about Rib (half joking). Shame on 18 though since she had one of the best send-offs in the anime.
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

Post by ToshioWrites » Thu May 17, 2018 12:20 pm

One of the following happened:

1. Nakamura was lying through his teeth about Toriyama giving them elim order for u7 and method

2. Toei or Toyo just ignored his elim order

3. He gave Toyo a diff order than he gave to Toei

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu May 17, 2018 12:25 pm

I'm not a fan of Vegeta completely owning both Toppo and Dyspo as I was hoping he'd get more of an equal, longer fight with him. I guess with it being this early there's a chance Toppo will go full destroyer like he did in the anime.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Thu May 17, 2018 12:28 pm

Does anyone have a high quality image for the Volume 6 cover art? I need it to add to the Dragon Ball Wiki.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Thu May 17, 2018 12:29 pm

HeroR wrote:
OLKv3 wrote:
ToshioWrites wrote:[spoiler]17 takes out Botamo. Gamisaras takes out 18 and the Magical girls[/spoiler]
U4 is strong here, at the cost of 18 and Ribrianne. Fuck.
But no one cares about Rib (half joking). Shame on 18 though since she had one of the best send-offs in the anime.
I don't think Toyotaro likes the Magical Girls and 18 aa much as the anime staff

The only fighyer that has looked better in the manga is Frost.
ToshioWrites wrote:One of the following happened:

1. Nakamura was lying through his teeth about Toriyama giving them elim order for u7 and method

1 and 2 are probably both right.

I think it was 2 Earthlings get knocked out by Frost.
Piccolo by Damom

I do think 18 getting kncoked out by Gamisaras is more likely the outline than saving 17.

Roshi will probably be next by being tired and the rest will be the same order in the same way as the anime.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Thu May 17, 2018 12:32 pm

So Obuni is the only one remaining in U10 right? I expect him to fight Gohan like in the anime. Gohan will also probably solo Saonel and Pirina, given that U6 is next after U10.

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Thu May 17, 2018 12:36 pm

This sounds interesting.
Roshi outlasts Piccolo and 18, while the Saiyan duo still do nothing btw.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu May 17, 2018 12:44 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
HeroR wrote:
OLKv3 wrote: U4 is strong here, at the cost of 18 and Ribrianne. Fuck.
I don't think Toyotaro likes the Magical Girls and 18 aa much as the anime staff

The only fighyer that has looked better in the manga is Frost.
ToshioWrites wrote:One of the following happened:

1 and 2 are probably both right.

I think it was 2 Earthlings get knocked out by Frost.
Piccolo by Damom

I do think 18 getting kncoked out by Gamisaras is more likely the outline than saving 17.

Roshi will probably be next by being tired and the rest will be the same order in the same way as the anime.
I highly doubt Nakamura lied, especially when he was specific about a folder where Toriyama detailed what happened to U7.

The magical girls being magical girls were Toei's idea, so it make sense. Just as the Pride Troopers being superheroes was the anime idea to explained why Toppo, Jiren, and Dypso had the same uniform on because Toriyama never gave a reason.

I also doubt elimination order comes down to personal preference as some seem to think.
Kanassa wrote:

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Thu May 17, 2018 12:52 pm

HeroR wrote:
I highly doubt Nakamura lied, especially when he was specific about a folder where Toriyama detailed what happened to U7.

The magical girls being magical girls were Toei's idea, so it make sense. Just as the Pride Troopers being superheroes was the anime idea to explained why Toppo, Jiren, and Dypso had the same uniform on because Toriyama never gave a reason.

I also doubt elimination order comes down to personal preference as some seem to think.
Toriyama probably let Toyotaro change a few things around.

Toriyama left so much for Toyotaro and Toei to do themselves. The only real detail he has probably done is the final Universe 11 battles.

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Thu May 17, 2018 1:08 pm

Full chapter is out. Piccolo, 17, and Gohan save Goku from Jiren

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

Post by ToshioWrites » Thu May 17, 2018 1:10 pm

Scans were a bit hard to see and without translations i don’t want to rush to anything but Vegeta looked like he was easily dominating Toppo

ngyuishing

Post by ngyuishing » Thu May 17, 2018 1:20 pm

ToshioWrites wrote:Scans were a bit hard to see and without translations i don’t want to rush to anything but Vegeta looked like he was easily dominating Toppo
Is it possible to provide an URL? Thx a lot!

Exline
Beyond Newbie

Post by Exline » Thu May 17, 2018 1:40 pm

OLKv3 wrote:
Vegeta_Sama wrote: I was the one who argued with you about the elimination order :D Gotta give it to you man, I was convinced that it was set in stone. You were right :thumbup:
:D :D :D told you so!

And OLKv3, do you have a link for the RAW chapter? I don't want to wait til the 21 because thats the day of my last exam! Can't be distracted thinking about this new chapter.
sintzu wrote:I'm not a fan of Vegeta completely owning both Toppo and Dyspo as I was hoping he'd get more of an equal, longer fight with him. I guess with it being this early there's a chance Toppo will go full destroyer like he did in the anime.
Me neither. I hope instead Toppo and Dyspo have more of a tag-team dynamic like what we saw them do against Goku. They don't really need transformations to do better.. but this is dragon ball, so its more likely to happen.

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

Post by ToshioWrites » Thu May 17, 2018 1:44 pm

Exline wrote:
OLKv3 wrote:
Vegeta_Sama wrote: I was the one who argued with you about the elimination order :D Gotta give it to you man, I was convinced that it was set in stone. You were right :thumbup:

And OLKv3, do you have a link for the RAW chapter? I don't want to wait til the 21 because thats the day of my last exam! Can't be distracted thinking about this new chapter.
sintzu wrote:I'm not a fan of Vegeta completely owning both Toppo and Dyspo as I was hoping he'd get more of an equal, longer fight with him. I guess with it being this early there's a chance Toppo will go full destroyer like he did in the anime.
Me neither. I hope instead Toppo and Dyspo have more of a tag-team dynamic like what we saw them do against Goku. They don't really need transformations to do better.. but this is dragon ball, so its more likely to happen.

Look above in my post, i posted the raws

Exline
Beyond Newbie

Post by Exline » Thu May 17, 2018 1:48 pm

ToshioWrites wrote:
Exline wrote:
OLKv3 wrote: Yeah, this chapter just killed that lol. Gotta give them their props.

Look above in my post, i posted the raws
Is there a better image where i can follow whats going on?