"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:45 pm

Noitsnothim wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:41 pm
Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:48 pm If Merus is on earth, Whis and Beerus are probably eating out somewhere nearby while Whis is spectating the battle. I have the feeling Merus is a distraction to buy time for the Z fighters to restored to full HP. Merus can't damage Moro with his weapons(lets be honest here it ain't gonna hurt Moro anyhow) the only thing he can do is run past him at uncatchable speed, probably to Moro's annoyance.

Even then, I don't see how the Z fighters fully restored can be a match for Moro. The B tier fighters are still gonna get blitzed. Goku would need MUI to be of a challenge at this point, which probably isn't happening. I don't see where Vegeta would get the chance to defuse Moro anyhow, Moro won't let him get close enough.

Moro needs to be killed, but I doubt it will be by the Z fighters. Moro is damn near impossible to kill, if only because of his hacking op abilities that he stole from others.
I wonder if shattering the diamonds in his head that showcase images of warriors he copies abilities from will come into place maybe by breaking them he'll lose the copied abilities (Including moro's) or even killing Seventhree
Sounds like a cool idea, shattering those gems could lead to him losing the ability, making killing him not impossible. If they can't defuse him, this will be their best bet. I feel a bit bad even though 7-3 has no emotions(mostly) but if he has to die it'd be necessary at that point. Else Beerus would have to step in or Merus (anticlimactically) using his full power.
The Dorkie and Ditzy member of the Trio! I'm as cute and as airheaded as you can get!

Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:47 pm

Zamasu55 wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:40 pm
DiscountDabi wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:19 pm Ok so I looked at a few of the leaked images showing dende get into the barrier and we don’t see the face of the angel who helps him. I think it might have been whis who did it.
It isn't.

Dende says "You are....?"

So it doesn't make sense, he knows who Whis is.
Maybe its Merus, he's never met Merus before. And for the neutral things, Whis had to be told to do so by Beerus, so that's where Whis is safe I think. Merus used mortal weapons, so that doesn't count for whatever reason because its not his full power(I think). I think its when they fight using their strength, especially without their destroyer telling them to do something that erasure is involved. The 'angel is neutral' thing has its loopholes at certain points I guess.
The Dorkie and Ditzy member of the Trio! I'm as cute and as airheaded as you can get!

Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:55 pm

I swear whatever they do, they better not have Moro pull off some LAST STAGE ULTIMATE FINAL FORM BOSS on everyone when he's about to be defeated. Like when you know the fucker is on the ropes, and you think you've killed him for good, only for Moro to somehow regenerate from a single cell or something while everyone's too weak to fucking respond.

DiscountDabi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DiscountDabi » Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:04 pm

Zamasu55 wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:39 pm Anyway...

Angels MUST be neutral, and if they don't they are erased on the spot. Right?

Well...

Whis saved Planet Earth from Freeza by rewinding time. He did the same to save Gowasu.

And Merus has been pretty much interfering with mortal matters all the time.

Nonsense.
Its made pretty explicitly clear that Angels aren’t allowed to use their angel abilities to interfere with Mortal affairs unless their God of Destruction asks them to.

Meerus hasn’t used any of his angel abilities up until this point until he was about to go full power on Goku and more than likely now.

And Whis turning back time to save earth could be seen as something he did for Beerus since he said he didn’t want Frieza destroying earth. Plus Beerus was on board with it from the start even saying Goku needed to make up for his mistake so he isn’t breaking the rule there either.

Same with Gowasu, it was Beerus’s idea. Plus it was a matter of the gods anyway so
Last edited by DiscountDabi on Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:11 pm

I can't be the only one after seeing the gore in the manga, who wants to see Moro have one of his horns ripped off? I mean, I know he'll just regenerate it but damn it would be satisfying. At least, I hope they do it when they can find a way to damage him without him regenerating.

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:15 am

Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:48 pm If Merus is on earth, Whis and Beerus are probably eating out somewhere nearby while Whis is spectating the battle. I have the feeling Merus is a distraction to buy time for the Z fighters to restored to full HP. Merus can't damage Moro with his weapons(lets be honest here it ain't gonna hurt Moro anyhow) the only thing he can do is run past him at uncatchable speed, probably to Moro's annoyance.

Even then, I don't see how the Z fighters fully restored can be a match for Moro. The B tier fighters are still gonna get blitzed. Goku would need MUI to be of a challenge at this point, which probably isn't happening. I don't see where Vegeta would get the chance to defuse Moro anyhow, Moro won't let him get close enough.

Moro needs to be killed, but I doubt it will be by the Z fighters. Moro is damn near impossible to kill, if only because of his hacking op abilities that he stole from others.
Merus infused some of his energy into the gunshot, which is why Moro blocked. Moro mentions this afterwards. Wouldn't be surprised if Merus has been doing this all arc, no wonder he one shot Goku and Vegeta

Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:23 am

MUI Goku would be kinda useful right mow, cause Moro can now read people's minds. I doubt it, but if MUI does show up, Moro is probably going to have trouble reading his mind given MUI is basically letting your brain take the back seat and your body doing the work.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:47 am

Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:23 am MUI Goku would be kinda useful right mow, cause Moro can now read people's minds. I doubt it, but if MUI does show up, Moro is probably going to have trouble reading his mind given MUI is basically letting your brain take the back seat and your body doing the work.
Lmao, Hearts/Cell/Hatchiyak 2.0
P O W E R

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:57 am

Prettt sure reading someone's mind isn't something unique to Moro? Any kai should be able to do that, yet such a technique was never used before (it wasn't even used in the Future Trunks arc, where the main villain was a Kai), so what makes you guys think Moro of all people will use it?

dblack
Beyond Newbie

Post by dblack » Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:44 am

Buu is going to show up, absorb Corpse-ku, get a massive power boost and heal him, then Vegeta will de-fuse them afterwards.

So I think Merus will likely get wrecked. Probably whoop Moro for a bit to show his angel power and get erased before he can finish him.

Will set up Goku to challenge the gods/angels in the future for erasing his friend.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:04 am

Zamasu55 wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:39 pmWhis saved Planet Earth from Freeza by rewinding time. He did the same to save Gowasu.
It's kinda weird that Whis was able to do that even in not-his-own Universe and it still didn't violate any rules.

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:09 am

Xeogran wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:04 am It's kinda weird that Whis was able to do that even in not-his-own Universe and it still didn't violate any rules.
I presume it's under the condition that Beerus gives the OK and he's not acting directly.

Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:54 am

So given Moro is this OP, I don't see how anyone is killing him at this rate, even when their HP is maxed out. Moro is still gonna beat their ass. I assume the next chapter is going to be the Z fighters trying not to get KO'd. Since Moro's steal ability has no time limit their basically fucked . Merus is more than likely a distraction(Moro can't hit him given how fast he is and Moro will just dodge the bullets). Moro has to be killed at the end of the arc(too powerful to live even by the series standards) but I don't see it being by any of the z fighter's hands.

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:10 am

Merus literally attacked Moro with his own energy. This means he fought.

Why was he not erased on the spot?

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:28 am

So, I just read the chapter. I'd already seen the spoilers so I knew what to expect.

The chapter was actually pretty good IMO. This is the sort of team up I've been wanting to see more of, even if ends up in disaster as usual. I've felt like the Piccolo/Goku/Gohan combination there was neat.

Also, I feel like Piccolo's characterization was way better this time around. Only odd thing here was him apparently assuming he could destroy Moro with that final attack . I mean, I barely pay attention to power scaling, but even for me that was hard to believe.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:31 am

Zamasu55 wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:10 am Merus literally attacked Moro with his own energy. This means he fought.

It was a dramatic conclusion on the very final pages of the chapter, with obvious follow-up and potential repercussions to follow in future entries.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:31 am

Andy mistranslated it with disastrous results, stating the OPPOSITE of what Moro-73 really said to Merus..

I just read the official translation of the chapter and Moro said you AREN’T really a Galactic Patrol, rather than ARE! Big mistake!

Galan007
Regular

Post by Galan007 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:32 am

Zamasu55 wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:10 am Merus literally attacked Moro with his own energy. This means he fought.

Evidently it is only when Merus uses his full power against an opponent that he is in violation of the 'Angel Code'. So I assume that blast did not contain Merus' full power... Especially since he chose to switch back to his Galactic Patrol disguise for the initial encounter.

I imagine in the next chapter, he'll activate his full power/Angel form(in a sacrificial sort of move), and be destroyed by Daishinkan as a result.

TheNingen
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheNingen » Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:43 am

Am I the only one that thinks Moro's abilities he got from 73 now being permanent because reasons...is fucking dumb? I want to like the manga. And I've found Moro slowly growing on me. Not much, but moreso than he was. And I'm sorry to sound like a broken record, but this writing is seriously crap. Why is the copy ability no longer without time limit? Something that was never hinted at or alluded to that came with 73? Toyo is literally pulling threats out of his ass that had no set up or prior mention before just to make Moro more dangerous and I cannot ignore it at all.

It's good to see Dende do something though and actually head to the battlefield again. And even though it's unlikely, I'd like to think that the angel clothes in that one panel belonged to Whis (even though its most likely Merus' angel getup that he changed into his GP uniform from)

ShaggyBlanco
Beyond Newbie

Post by ShaggyBlanco » Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:54 am

TheNingen wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:43 am Am I the only one that thinks Moro's abilities he got from 73 now being permanent because reasons...is fucking dumb?
Its just like Super Perfect Cell mixed with Zamasu, he came back stronger for reasons and now is impossible for the main cast to defeat alone