"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GodVegetto91
Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:32 pm

GalaxyBusterBuu wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:29 pm
GodVegetto91 wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:25 pm
GalaxyBusterBuu wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:27 am Freeza has probably dealt with people trying to usurp him for years, I won't be surprised if he has some Platinum Freeza power up so that he doesn't get stomped thanks to training he did in the coming months while the GPS was happening.
What is GPS?
Galactic Prisoner Saga.
Thank you.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:08 pm

Kinokima wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:11 pm
Miracles wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:16 pm Remember folks. Back in chapter 69, in order for Vegeta to go beyond and gain more power, Beerus told him he had to let go of the guilt of the Saiyans. I'm wondering if Granolah being a victim of the Saiyan's destruction would hinder Vegeta's new power.

I am actually hoping for something like this. It would add more depth then the typical Vegeta boasts and then gets beat up formula
Yeah. It would carry on the theme from the Galactic Prisoner arc. Where Vegeta's guilt even spilled over to the Namekians.
So we'll see if Vegeta has gotten over the Saiyans sins when Granolah recounts what his people did to him.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:37 pm

I’ve never been a fan of such a thing..
(and never will be).

Rather than Degrading a main Protagonist.. Why not Upgrade a main Antagonist?
(As Dragon Ball has always done).

I’m the last person to try to downplay our Saiyan heroes.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:23 am

It's quite slowburner this arc so far... Unless they do some twist quick, I will be bored to death really.

Vegeta can vaporize rocks and Goku shall learn how to be ultra instinct without looking rudiculous and Heeter's stupid plan works so far, because sure, why would these friendly and clearly good guys lie to Granolah, who is blinded by revenge.
I kinda hope this arc is the last and we can move on to something else.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:07 am

MCDaveG wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:23 am Vegeta can vaporize rocks
I'm still trying to think how Hakai will be useful for this arc plot-wise

Maybe Vegeta will vaporize Granolah's arm so the latter looks to 73 for replacement, learns that he is hiding all this power within himself and using science he attaches one of the bio-android's for a powerup.

Hakai is such a weird technique to give towards a main character who has to carry the plot, because he is not allowed to straight out erase a villain out of existence unless it's some random goon.

BOEGVELD

Post by BOEGVELD » Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:45 am

Vegeta might Hakai a Heeter member. I don't think it'll work on Granolah nor do I think he'll be the one to finish Frieza. He might also use it defensively to stop attacks, though.

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:57 am

Xeogran wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:07 am Hakai is such a weird technique to give towards a main character who has to carry the plot, because he is not allowed to straight out erase a villain out of existence unless it's some random goon.
I think that is why the Ki Blast variation was introduced. It is still supposed to erase things, but it can also be used to increase the user's destructive power beyond his normal capacity and damage the enemy without completely erasing him (just like Beerus did with Vegeta's armor). It is also supposed to increase Vegeta's raw strength to allow him to keep up with the villains' growing power creep but we still have to see how that will work.

GalaxyBusterBuu
Not-So-Newbie

Post by GalaxyBusterBuu » Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:03 am

BOEGVELD wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:45 am Vegeta might Hakai a Heeter member. I don't think it'll work on Granolah nor do I think he'll be the one to finish Frieza. He might also use it defensively to stop attacks, though.
He might try to hakai Gas when he gets his wish(whatever that is) and he becomes too strong for them to handle later on in comic. I doubt he'd use it on the weaker Heeters because let's be legit, he could just blast them if he felt like it. Hakai is usually seen as a last resort move(Goku tried to use it on fused Zamasu and only failed because he used Future Mai as a human shield and forced Goku to call off the attack to avoid erasing her and I feel Vegeta would only use Hakai if he had no other choice.)

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:32 am

I was thinking about an "Aladdin" path for Gas or someone of his team. Can they become a genie? :D
Jokes aside, i hope they won't abuse the dragon balls.

GalaxyBusterBuu
Not-So-Newbie

Post by GalaxyBusterBuu » Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:36 am

Gt91 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:32 am I was thinking about an "Aladdin" path for Gas or someone of his team. Can they become a genie? :D
They probably will. I mean, look at how they act. They'll probably start spamming the Dragon Balls if they aren't taken out of the picture sooner or later. Imagine if these people could just spam wishes over and over again. Yikes.

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:13 am

GalaxyBusterBuu wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:36 am
Gt91 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:32 am I was thinking about an "Aladdin" path for Gas or someone of his team. Can they become a genie? :D
They probably will. I mean, look at how they act. They'll probably start spamming the Dragon Balls if they aren't taken out of the picture sooner or later. Imagine if these people could just spam wishes over and over again. Yikes.
What if Granolla have to kill his namekian friend to stop that loop? That could be dark.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:16 am

Introducing a set of just two dragon balls without any kind of cooldown, with a dragon that can tweak stuff to make fodder into the strongest in the universe (I wonder if Shenron could do the same), and having more people know about them, implies they will be abused. Otherwise, regular or even different sets of DBs could've been used. If it's a red herring, it'll be a pretty dumb one.

Just a thought, what if the balance stuff the Oracle fish talked about it's because of the overuse of the dbs and we'll end up getting two Shadow Dragons out of them?

BOEGVELD

Post by BOEGVELD » Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:18 am

GalaxyBusterBuu wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:03 am
BOEGVELD wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:45 am Vegeta might Hakai a Heeter member. I don't think it'll work on Granolah nor do I think he'll be the one to finish Frieza. He might also use it defensively to stop attacks, though.
He might try to hakai Gas when he gets his wish(whatever that is) and he becomes too strong for them to handle later on in comic. I doubt he'd use it on the weaker Heeters because let's be legit, he could just blast them if he felt like it. Hakai is usually seen as a last resort move(Goku tried to use it on fused Zamasu and only failed because he used Future Mai as a human shield and forced Goku to call off the attack to avoid erasing her and I feel Vegeta would only use Hakai if he had no other choice.)
Yeah I think it'll either be Gas or Elec. Macki and Oil don't really form a threat on their own.
Hakai is usually a last resort move, but Vegeta has just learned it and Beerus has encouraged him to use it, so I hope and think he will. Either to try it directly on Granolah (or any other opponent) or to simply nullify attacks.

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Mad Swami » Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:32 am

Koitsukai wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:16 am Introducing a set of just two dragon balls without any kind of cooldown, with a dragon that can tweak stuff to make fodder into the strongest in the universe (I wonder if Shenron could do the same), and having more people know about them, implies they will be abused. Otherwise, regular or even different sets of DBs could've been used. If it's a red herring, it'll be a pretty dumb one.

Just a thought, what if the balance stuff the Oracle fish talked about it's because of the overuse of the dbs and we'll end up getting two Shadow Dragons out of them?
Perhaps Nouva and Eis Shenron come into existence? A sibling set of Dragonballs creating a two-sibling Dragons? Don't picture it happening but who knows.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:43 am

Buu is exactly that already!😃

A “Genie”...

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:04 pm

Mad Swami wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:32 am
Koitsukai wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:16 am Introducing a set of just two dragon balls without any kind of cooldown, with a dragon that can tweak stuff to make fodder into the strongest in the universe (I wonder if Shenron could do the same), and having more people know about them, implies they will be abused. Otherwise, regular or even different sets of DBs could've been used. If it's a red herring, it'll be a pretty dumb one.

Perhaps Nouva and Eis Shenron come into existence? A sibling set of Dragonballs creating a two-sibling Dragons? Don't picture it happening but who knows.
I seriously doubt a GT arc will get a nod in this particular arc, probably the balance shift will have to do with something unrelated, but the twin dragons would fit great with the Cerelean DBs.

GalaxyBusterBuu
Not-So-Newbie

Post by GalaxyBusterBuu » Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:57 pm

Any guesses on what they would wish for Gas when they got the Dragon Balls? As convenient as wishing to be the strongest would be, he'd end up with his life-span cut and would make him a ticking time bomb in terms of use, as once that period is up, he's gone. They might try wishing for a power up without costing his life-force, at least not as drastically.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:06 pm

I'm expecting on of the following twists:

- Granolah was made the strongest in the Universe but only marginally. Which means in the weeks since the wish Goku and/or Vegeta have surpassed him with their training.
I find this one the less likely.

- Granolah was given both UI and Hakai, since being the strongest means having these abilities. But since he didn't train and went the easy route, both Goku and Vegeta are better than him even with less raw power.
I expect this outcome the most.

The way this is going, I don't see a straight up brawl.

All is pointing towards Granolah being a tragic character blinded by revenge and the story will deliver it's consequences.

GreatSaiyaman123
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:28 pm

Was Granola's wish exploring a loophole on the dragon's logic? He couldn't directly wish himself to be stronger than the gods, but he could wish himself stronger than a mortal stronger than gods...
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

GalaxyBusterBuu
Not-So-Newbie

Post by GalaxyBusterBuu » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:38 pm

GreatSaiyaman123 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:28 pm Was Granola's wish exploring a loophole on the dragon's logic? He couldn't directly wish himself to be stronger than the gods, but he could wish himself stronger than a mortal stronger than gods...
Maybe? I'm not sure if it really is or not.