"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by HeroR » Tue May 09, 2017 12:56 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote:
In the manga, Black is indeed Zamasu. All his loss of composure is seen when Zamasu can not hear the truths that Goku throws in his face, including that he would never be able to complete his plan.
These are personalities that have been exploited differently in each media, this is a matter of preference, not of trying to impose which is the best.

The phrase in which it is said '' in the manga he prefers to use brute force '' is so superficial. Have you seen in the anime, Black creating strategies while fighting alone? He just wants to get stronger and stronger, and just has some sort of synchrony in fighting with Zamasu, other than that, he only aims to be more powerful. That phrase should refer to how he struggles, but by citing brute force, it has lost its meaning.

'' Black in the anime will kill your opponents quickly if you get the chance. ''
That must be why he was distracted with smoke bombs, and let Goku, Vegeta and Trunks have gone back to the past twice. Sure enough, he does not lose any targets.

Black in the anime never lost his composure? When he was being defeated by Vegeta, he was clearly exalted saying something like "You're just an appetizer, Do not think that you are something" Screaming.
The difference is that he discovered a way to increase his power (take power out of nothing), and so he was calm afterwards.

These comparisons are so partial
Does not change a word I wrote and why Anime Black and Manga Black comes off as two different characters.

Why does being distracted by smoke bombs distract from the sentence? Did you forget that he was in the process of killing Vegeta when it happened? And he didn't let them get away, he tried to attack the time machine both times. It wasn't like he sat back and watched them leave.

He wasn't even screaming and even smiled after awhile, before Vegeta beat him up again.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Tue May 09, 2017 1:24 pm

HeroR wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:
In the manga, Black is indeed Zamasu. All his loss of composure is seen when Zamasu can not hear the truths that Goku throws in his face, including that he would never be able to complete his plan.
These are personalities that have been exploited differently in each media, this is a matter of preference, not of trying to impose which is the best.

The phrase in which it is said '' in the manga he prefers to use brute force '' is so superficial. Have you seen in the anime, Black creating strategies while fighting alone? He just wants to get stronger and stronger, and just has some sort of synchrony in fighting with Zamasu, other than that, he only aims to be more powerful. That phrase should refer to how he struggles, but by citing brute force, it has lost its meaning.

'' Black in the anime will kill your opponents quickly if you get the chance. ''
That must be why he was distracted with smoke bombs, and let Goku, Vegeta and Trunks have gone back to the past twice. Sure enough, he does not lose any targets.

Black in the anime never lost his composure? When he was being defeated by Vegeta, he was clearly exalted saying something like "You're just an appetizer, Do not think that you are something" Screaming.
The difference is that he discovered a way to increase his power (take power out of nothing), and so he was calm afterwards.

These comparisons are so partial
Does not change a word I wrote and why Anime Black and Manga Black comes off as two different characters.

Why does being distracted by smoke bombs distract from the sentence? Did you forget that he was in the process of killing Vegeta when it happened? And he didn't let them get away, he tried to attack the time machine both times. It wasn't like he sat back and watched them leave.

He wasn't even screaming and even smiled after awhile, before Vegeta beat him up again.
This shows the partiality of these comparisons.

He let the warriors who threatened his plan flee, and he was well, without any reaction.
He always tries to kill the enemies, but it seems he has not been able to do this 3 times.

There's no mistake in Black in the manga to have let Trunks live to get stronger, considering that Zamasu was traveling between parallel worlds to seek threats and had no time to make Black stronger all the time

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Tue May 09, 2017 1:29 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote:

He let the warriors who threatened his plan flee, and he was well, without any reaction.
He always tries to kill the enemies, but it seems he has not been able to do this 3 times.

There's no mistake in Black in the manga to have let Trunks live to get stronger, considering that Zamasu was traveling between parallel worlds to seek threats and had no time to make Black stronger all the time
It is more than partiality since Anime Black and Manga Black carried themselves differently.

He didn't let them flee. He tried to shot a Kamehameha at the time machine that Future Trunks block and before he tried to teleport over to them, but missed them. Which is why the first chance he got he destroyed the time machine the moment they came back. So saying that his victims survives doesn't change the fact that he tried to kill them and would have if they were't lucky.

Black pulled Bond villain stupidity in the manga. Instead of killing a powerful foe, he let him live. The same BS he pulled when he let a weakened and tired Trunks live after he witnessed the Supreme Kai dying.
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Tue May 09, 2017 2:20 pm

HeroR wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:

It is more than partiality since Anime Black and Manga Black carried themselves differently.

He didn't let them flee. He tried to shot a Kamehameha at the time machine that Future Trunks block and before he tried to teleport over to them, but missed them. Which is why the first chance he got he destroyed the time machine the moment they came back. So saying that his victims survives doesn't change the fact that he tried to kill them and would have if they were't lucky.

Black pulled Bond villain stupidity in the manga. Instead of killing a powerful foe, he let him live. The same BS he pulled when he let a weakened and tired Trunks live after he witnessed the Supreme Kai dying.
It also shows how incompetent Black was in the anime.
Black in the manga did not want to kill Trunks, but in the anime he did not get it, not even trying

It was not like Black in the manga to realize that Trunks could escape in any way from the future, and since he was no match for him and even helped Black himself, he left Trunks alive for his own benefit

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Tue May 09, 2017 2:42 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote: It also shows how incompetent Black was in the anime.
Black in the manga did not want to kill Trunks, but in the anime he did not get it, not even trying

It was not like Black in the manga to realize that Trunks could escape in any way from the future, and since he was no match for him and even helped Black himself, he left Trunks alive for his own benefit
No, it shows how lucky the heroes were. Black would have outright killed them the second time if Trunks hadn't interfered. The first time, Black barely missed them and he tried to teleport. Black in the manga is a Bond villain. Instead of killing the hero when he had the chance, he mess around.

Black saw someone who was fairly powerful and got stronger with a transformation. He also knows the strength of the Saiyans. He could have killed Trunks right there and rid himself of someone who could become dangerous. He didn't. And 'he no match for me' yeah, Bond villain.
Kanassa wrote:

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Tue May 09, 2017 3:27 pm

HeroR wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote: It also shows how incompetent Black was in the anime.

No, it shows how lucky the heroes were. Black would have outright killed them the second time if Trunks hadn't interfered. The first time, Black barely missed them and he tried to teleport. Black in the manga is a Bond villain. Instead of killing the hero when he had the chance, he mess around.

Black saw someone who was fairly powerful and got stronger with a transformation. He also knows the strength of the Saiyans. He could have killed Trunks right there and rid himself of someone who could become dangerous. He didn't. And 'he no match for me' yeah, Bond villain.
Black fought Trunks for 1 year in the anime, trying to kill him.
After he fought Goku, Vegeta and Trunks, he let them escape twice.

If with so many chances of killing them, Black could not, he would be what?

Black also would not have hit Kamehameha in Goku and Trunks if Zamasu, who was immortal, had not interfered as well. But does anyone say that? No, they only give Black the victory, and Goku himself was holding him while Trunks held Zamasu That's because even so, Goku was to help Trunks)

He was fooled by a Mai strategy in the manga, which fought Black for only 1 year with Trunks, she already knew how to handle those situations

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Tue May 09, 2017 3:41 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote: Black fought Trunks for 1 year in the anime, trying to kill him.
After he fought Goku, Vegeta and Trunks, he let them escape twice.

If with so many chances of killing them, Black could not, he would be what?

Black also would not have hit Kamehameha in Goku and Trunks if Zamasu, who was immortal, had not interfered as well. But does anyone say that? No, they only give Black the victory, and Goku himself was holding him while Trunks held Zamasu That's because even so, Goku was to help Trunks)

He was fooled by a Mai strategy in the manga, which fought Black for only 1 year with Trunks, she already knew how to handle those situations
He didn't let them escape. He was trying to kill them. And I told you twice why he failed. It wasn't a lack of trying.

He knew Future Zamasu had his back since he was standing right behind Goku and Trunks. That was both Black and Zamasu's victory since they're a team. Something Vegeta specifically noted. And fans have praised Black and Zamasu's team work and are upset that the manga has none of that.

That's true in the anime. So what?
Kanassa wrote:

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Tue May 09, 2017 3:59 pm

What are the odds Toyotarõ gives Super Saiyan God to Gohan? Can't wait for the next arc to start! Should be a blast. Still curious about the current arc but my curiosity has cooled off.

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Tue May 09, 2017 4:07 pm

LightBing wrote:What are the odds Toyotarõ gives Super Saiyan God to Gohan? Can't wait for the next arc to start! Should be a blast. Still curious about the current arc but my curiosity has cooled off.
That would be a little too far, but nothing's impossible. If there's one thing I've learned, it's not guess what Toyotaro will do next, because I almost never get it right.
Retired.

micah007
Not-So-Newbie

Post by micah007 » Tue May 09, 2017 4:08 pm

Anyone think the FT Arc in the manga will wrap up this chapter?

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Tue May 09, 2017 4:10 pm

micah007 wrote:Anyone think the FT Arc in the manga will wrap up this chapter?
It's not impossible, though I think we should be looking at a June wrap-up.
Retired.

micah007
Not-So-Newbie

Post by micah007 » Tue May 09, 2017 4:33 pm

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:
I feel that as well but I wouldn't be opposed to an ending this month. If we get a June ending maybe Toyo will flesh out Zamasu corrupting the universe, assuming that's kept in the manga.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Tue May 09, 2017 4:56 pm

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:
But what's really left? Between Zamasu corrupting the Universe and Trunks' Spirit Sword, I feel at least one is getting "cut". The Zeno stuff can't last more than a couple of pages, as does the wrap up/farwell to Trunks.
How do you think stuff is going to play out?
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Tue May 09, 2017 5:21 pm

Draconic wrote:
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:
But what's really left? Between Zamasu corrupting the Universe and Trunks' Spirit Sword, I feel at least one is getting "cut". The Zeno stuff can't last more than a couple of pages, as does the wrap up/farwell to Trunks.
I'm not going to be able to accurately take into account any future changes, so my frame of reference isn't perfect.

I believe this chapter will cover Zamasu continuing to win the battle, followed by his defusion. Goku Black and Zamasu are then annoyed (maybe at each other?). Trunks does something to win himself time in the spotlight, chapter ends.

For June's issue, I imagine Zamasu overcoming Trunks, Goku, and Vegeta. Suddenly, Goku falls on his bum and accidentally presses Zeno's button. This next part is where I'm a bit iffy. Cloudmasu is pretty much off the table at this point. If Future Zeno destroys the universe, Goku can't come back and get him. Perhaps Zeno just destroys Goku Black and Zamasu, Goku offers to take him to "an amazing place", then Whis creates a new timeline for Trunks and Mai. FIN
Retired.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Tue May 09, 2017 5:25 pm

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:
Draconic wrote:
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: It's not impossible, though I think we should be looking at a June wrap-up.
I'm not going to be able to accurately take into account any future changes, so my frame of reference isn't perfect.

I believe this chapter will cover Zamasu continuing to win the battle, followed by his defusion. Goku Black and Zamasu are then annoyed (maybe at each other?). Trunks does something to win himself time in the spotlight, chapter ends.

For June's issue, I imagine Zamasu overcoming Trunks, Goku, and Vegeta. Suddenly, Goku falls on his bum and accidentally presses Zeno's button. This next part is where I'm a bit iffy. Cloudmasu is pretty much off the table at this point. If Future Zeno destroys the universe, Goku can't come back and get him. Perhaps Zeno just destroys Goku Black and Zamasu, Goku offers to take him to "an amazing place", then Whis creates a new timeline for Trunks and Mai. FIN
Oh yeah, forgot there's still the possibility of Zamasu defusing, in which case I can see how this wouldn't be the end.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Tue May 09, 2017 6:03 pm

I think it's possible to end this arc in one chapter, Toyotaro would only have to do a disproportionate diatribution of pages for each plot thread.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Tue May 09, 2017 6:06 pm

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:I think it's possible to end this arc in one chapter, Toyotaro would only have to do a disproportionate diatribution of pages for each plot thread.
It's possible, but not likely, I don't think. Toyotaro has done what he could to give his manga plenty of breathing room since this arc began, he'd have to abandon that to get it done this month. He's not going to do that after all this time.
Retired.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Tue May 09, 2017 6:24 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Tectorman wrote:Question (and if this has already been covered in this thread, then I apologize for the rehash): The manga glossed over the entire RoF arc, but there was an RoF manga special released in concert with the movie (I think it went up to the transformation of Golden Frieza, but not past).

Does anyone else think that there'll be a retelling of that arc (either in a special flashback volume or at the back of one of the regular volumes, a la Trunks's story in the Androids saga), now that it's likely that that wasn't the last appearance of a certain someone?
Considering that Freeza is coming back, albeit temporarily, Toyotaro will have to retell the events of Resurrection F in some capacity because now that story has relevance.
He doesn't have to, the events of Resurrection "F" were retold by the narrator in chapters 5 & 14. They didn't pretend that Resurrection "F" never happened between the Battle of Gods & Universe 6 arcs.

However, they could release a Dragon Ball Super: Resurrection "F" arc 4-chapter special volume (like they did with Battle of Gods arc) to promote Freeza's return, which could include the 3 chapters by Toyotaro plus a new 4rth chapter to complete the story arc.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed May 10, 2017 1:53 am

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
Tectorman wrote:Question (and if this has already been covered in this thread, then I apologize for the rehash): The manga glossed over the entire RoF arc, but there was an RoF manga special released in concert with the movie (I think it went up to the transformation of Golden Frieza, but not past).

Does anyone else think that there'll be a retelling of that arc (either in a special flashback volume or at the back of one of the regular volumes, a la Trunks's story in the Androids saga), now that it's likely that that wasn't the last appearance of a certain someone?
Considering that Freeza is coming back, albeit temporarily, Toyotaro will have to retell the events of Resurrection F in some capacity because now that story has relevance.
He doesn't have to, the events of Resurrection "F" were retold by the narrator in chapters 5 & 14. They didn't pretend that Resurrection "F" never happened between the Battle of Gods & Universe 6 arcs.

However, they could release a Dragon Ball Super: Resurrection "F" arc 4-chapter special volume (like they did with Battle of Gods arc) to promote Freeza's return, which could include the 3 chapters by Toyotaro plus a new 4rth chapter to complete the story arc.
The promotional doesn't really work since it has Goku in his base form attack with Super Saiyan God in the background implying that he still have Super Saiyan God in his base, while the manga has Super Saiyan God as its own form.
Kanassa wrote:

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Wed May 10, 2017 10:07 am

HeroR wrote:The promotional doesn't really work since it has Goku in his base form attack with Super Saiyan God in the background implying that he still have Super Saiyan God in his base, while the manga has Super Saiyan God as its own form.
Chapter 5 implies that Goku & Vegeta are in base with SSG power, and Black is implied to be in base & SS with SSG power, but weakened because of the body change. Toyotaro could directly introduce the base with SSG power in the next arc & briefly explain it first, or even find a way to explain it in the hypothetical chapter 4 he could make for the FnF manga.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.