"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kinokima
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kinokima » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:39 pm

Lord Beerus wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:36 pm
Kinokima wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:33 pm
Matches Malone wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:25 pm

They have to separate him unless they want to kill earth goodbye, which is something Vegeta can only do.

Sure it’s something he can do but it’s not the only way to end the chapter. It’s also predictable and DB seems to love twists endings over predictability

I guess we will see
Honestly, sometimes a simple and predictable ending can be far more satisfying than a twist ending.

I don’t disagree with you at all lol but just looking at how modern DB has treated things so far they seem to prefer twist endings to predictable endings that would work with what they built up so far

I hope Vegeta gets to do something in the end and I hope Goku does too. Vegeta can separate Moro and Goku could finish him. That to me would be the best ending at this point

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:41 pm

DBTurnip wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:39 pm Is it me or Toyotaro can't write without ripping off Toriyama and making the characters dumb (or dumber than usual)?

'Cause the whole Moro arc feels like it's almost nothing but rehashed themes and characters being really, really, REALLY retarded?
There were issues here and there before, but this chapter went full on crazy.
Last edited by Matches Malone on Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:41 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:30 pm
Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:29 pm I just hope that Vegeta can do it, because spirit fissioning a planet instead of a person might be really tricky.
It might be easier as he won't have to try and catch him, he can put his hands anywhere on the planet and do whatever's needed.
But Moro can now make his body parts appear anywhere on the planet too.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:42 pm

Xeogran wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:41 pm
Matches Malone wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:30 pm
Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:29 pm I just hope that Vegeta can do it, because spirit fissioning a planet instead of a person might be really tricky.
It might be easier as he won't have to try and catch him, he can put his hands anywhere on the planet and do whatever's needed.
But Moro can now make his body parts appear anywhere on the planet too.
But can he watch everyone everywhere ?

Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:46 pm

Still, I feel ike somehow when they try separating him they'll right some affects where it ends up fucking everyone over anyway.
The Dorkie and Ditzy member of the Trio! I'm as cute and as airheaded as you can get!

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:47 pm

Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:46 pm Still, I feel ike somehow when they try separating him they'll right some affects where it ends up fucking everyone over anyway.
At this point I think the arc needs to end, so as bad as things have been, I'll be surprised if Moro somehow gets even stronger.

Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:49 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:47 pm
Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:46 pm Still, I feel ike somehow when they try separating him they'll right some affects where it ends up fucking everyone over anyway.
At this point I think the arc needs to end, so as bad as things have been, I'll be surprised if Moro somehow gets even stronger.
Watch as Moro becomes a black hole that devours the universe, just as his goal was originally.
The Dorkie and Ditzy member of the Trio! I'm as cute and as airheaded as you can get!

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:51 pm

Does it seem like Goku is acting like SSJ2 Kid Gohan a little bit???
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Totamo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Totamo » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:53 pm

So I was both right and wrong.

Right that the senzu bean wouldn't lead to Goku's mistake. Right that Goku didn't think Moro can be reformed. Right that angel moro wouldn't last long. Right that Goku wouldn't lose MUI. Right that Goku decision would be more fight driven than moral driven.

Wrong that Goku would one shot Moro and wrong that Goku wasn't being stupid but not in the same way.

All in all, its just Goku being a battleaholic again and the senzu bean wasn't really needed and honestly just like every other time didn't really matter .

I'm not particularly angry though mostly because the senzu bean wasn't the mistake, Goku wasn't trying to reform Moro, MUI is still in play and most importantly, Goku now has to find a way to kill him that doesn't involve punching or blasting I hope.

I am disappointed that Goku didn't big brain it and ended the arc here and now, Toriyama would have done that but like they say, its is what it is.

Galan007
Regular

Post by Galan007 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:53 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:54 am Actually I'm not sure why this is supposed to be such a tense or dramatic moment. The solution is so simple:

1) Fly to space;
2) Destroy the Earth with one ki blast;
3) Gather the Namekian Dragon Balls and wish everyone back except Moro.

It really isn't hard to find a way out of this mess... Even if they have to wait some time, the solution is clear, it's not like it's a hopeless or utterly bleak scenario.
That would only be viable if Namek is outside the mainstream galaxy(was its precise location ever mentioned?) Because according to Whis, destroying Moro-earth(Morth?) would result in the destruction of the entire galaxy.

Forced Spirit Fission seems like the obvious go-to at this point, asspulley as it may be. :(

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:54 pm

I liked the summary. Not counting with this one, I still don't give more than 2 chapters for this arc to end.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Totamo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Totamo » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:55 pm

theherodjl wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:51 pm Does it seem like Goku is acting like SSJ2 Kid Gohan a little bit???
I think tfs said it perfectly well "i did the exact same shit my father and Vegeta would do."

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:56 pm

It was a good chapter until the destruction of earth and galaxy gimmick

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:56 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:54 pm I still don't give more than 2 chapters for this arc to end.
I agree, things are too crazy at this point for things to escalate further.

Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:57 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:56 pm
FortuneSSJ wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:54 pm I still don't give more than 2 chapters for this arc to end.
I agree, things are too crazy at this point for things to escalate further.
If Moro breathes by the end of the arc I'm going to be pissed. Moro needs to die, especially now.

DiscountDabi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DiscountDabi » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:57 pm

Galan007 wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:53 pm
SupremeKai25 wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:54 am Actually I'm not sure why this is supposed to be such a tense or dramatic moment. The solution is so simple:

1) Fly to space;
2) Destroy the Earth with one ki blast;
3) Gather the Namekian Dragon Balls and wish everyone back except Moro.

It really isn't hard to find a way out of this mess... Even if they have to wait some time, the solution is clear, it's not like it's a hopeless or utterly bleak scenario.
That would only be viable if Namek is outside the mainstream galaxy(was its precise location ever mentioned?) Because according to Whis, destroying Moro-earth(Morth?) would result in the destruction of the entire galaxy.

Forced Spirit Fission seems like the obvious go-to at this point, asspulley as it may be. :(
Whats with Toyotaro and Galaxy statements. Can’t he just say Universal for Once, especially when Moro has Angelic Power. He did the same with Zamasu.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:58 pm

What interests me the most is who'll be the villain of the next arc. This show usually doubles down on the power creep, but Angel Moro is already low-Angel tier, so I'm having a hard time figuring out who could be the next villain... maybe the Grand Priest is secretly evil after all?

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:59 pm

The best way to end this is to undo most of the arc. Have the Grand Priest rewind time all the way back to the confrontation on Namek before Moro got his magic wished back. Have Buu and co kill Moro right then and there. Merus gets to not be erased. And we get to pretend that none of that nonsense ever happened. Then maybe we can get to a better written story.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player
PSN ID: ReiKai_Onimusha
Main Character: Zelvin
Race: Frost Demon
"In space, no one can hear you scream. But you still make one ugly face."

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:00 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:58 pm What interests me the most is who'll be the villain of the next arc. This show usually doubles down on the power creep, but Angel Moro is already low-Angel tier, so I'm having a hard time figuring out who could be the next villain... maybe the Grand Priest is secretly evil after all?
They'll just introduce someone stronger than Moro and give Goku a new form to match his power. Despite that, Beerus will still be everyone's end goal. :crazy:

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:01 pm

Lord Beerus wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:18 pm It seems like to me that this whole scenario with Moro merging with the Earth was set up specifically for Vegeta to use his Spirit Fusion technique.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the point of Moro voreing 73 and getting Vegeta's moves that it made him basically immune to Vegeta's new technique? Or, at least, that he could counter it?
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017