"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Re: Super's manga by Toyotarō

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:23 am

sangofe wrote:
UpFromTheSkies wrote:A question for the admins... when Super fansubs and scanlations begin to appear online, will we be allowed to discuss them, and compare translations between different groups? Or should we just pretend the proverbial elephant in the room doesn't exist, and not discuss them at all?
Compare translations? Do you realize what you're asking about?
Yes, I know what fansubs are. Unless there will be a simulcast, people will be watching fansubs, and so those translations will be what our conversations of the story will be based on, and I'm sure translation accuracy will come up in discussion.

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:09 am

Good point. I think as long as you dont post links where to read it you'll be good. I see scanlations being used for quick references all the time on here.

I'm getting really excited about this. I wonder if it takes place Resurrection of F? Also..I wish he got a manga adaptation of BOG http://blog.livedoor.jp/hibitanren/arch ... l#comments

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:16 am

UpFromTheSkies wrote:
sangofe wrote:
UpFromTheSkies wrote:A question for the admins... when Super fansubs and scanlations begin to appear online, will we be allowed to discuss them, and compare translations between different groups? Or should we just pretend the proverbial elephant in the room doesn't exist, and not discuss them at all?
Compare translations? Do you realize what you're asking about?
Yes, I know what fansubs are. Unless there will be a simulcast, people will be watching fansubs, and so those translations will be what our conversations of the story will be based on, and I'm sure translation accuracy will come up in discussion.
How are you gonna compare fansubs if you don't mention group releases? And how are you not gonna promote fansubs? On this forum, promoting fansubs is an aboslute NO.

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:51 am

sangofe wrote:How are you gonna compare fansubs if you don't mention group releases? And how are you not gonna promote fansubs? On this forum, promoting fansubs is an aboslute NO.
Fansubs have been discussed before, though, in fact there are entire threads about them, but since Super is brand new, I'm not sure if it will be handled differently. Hopefully there will be a simulcast with a professional translation and we won't need fansubs.

Tzigi
Regular

Post by Tzigi » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:56 am

I've got to say the first chapter is really nice. I love seeing

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:43 am

sangofe wrote:
How are you gonna compare fansubs if you don't mention group releases? And how are you not gonna promote fansubs? On this forum, promoting fansubs is an aboslute NO.
From what I understand, the site has nothing against the existence and spread of fansubs. Just don't try to sell them here.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:47 am

We do not live and operate in a vacuum. We are not oblivious.

We understand that piracy exists. To some extent, we're all pirating something or another every single day, whether intentional or not.

That being said, full-scale piracy, endorsement of it, and facilitation of it will not be tolerated. We do this on principle, out of respect for the rights-holders, and for your own safety. Trust me when I say that we are in no position to defend you when people come looking for personally-identifying information, and trust me when I say that people are looking, and trust me when I say that there have been repercussions in the past.

If you want to be all "lulz screw you ill pirate it if I want"... that's fine, you can just go do it elsewhere.

That's all that needs to be said. We will not entertain any further questions about it. Thanks.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:59 pm

Here are more pictures from the manga.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:16 pm

Resurrection F: The Director's Cut
My love for fish is never ending...

...if the fish looks tasty.

NeoKING
Advanced Regular

Post by NeoKING » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:01 pm

Something about Toyotaro's art just ... puts me off.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:12 pm

NeoKING wrote:Something about Toyotaro's art just ... puts me off.
Wait.... isn't your avatar a picture Toyble drew?

I'm confused.

Tzigi
Regular

Post by Tzigi » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:41 pm

And, for the fun and educational value, a comparison of Naho Ooishi's (JSAT) and Toyotaro's style (first chapter of DBS):
I also like the fact that Goku has exactly the same clothes in both stories.

soulnova
Advanced Regular

Post by soulnova » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:45 pm

Tzigi wrote:And, for the fun and educational value, a comparison of Naho Ooishi's (JSAT) and Toyotaro's style (first chapter of DBS):
Uh. I like Naho's Goku better on those pictures. The poses feels much more natural with her.
Check out Journey's End, a short story of Goku and Vegeta's final days. "Time is running out for the last two Saiyans"

Retan
Advanced Regular

Post by Retan » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:01 pm

soulnova wrote:
Tzigi wrote:And, for the fun and educational value, a comparison of Naho Ooishi's (JSAT) and Toyotaro's style (first chapter of DBS):
Uh. I like Naho's Goku better on those pictures. The poses feels much more natural with her.

I agree, I feel Toyotaro draws Goku's hair way to short, but I do like how he draws backgrounds and especially Vehicles so far in Super.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:35 pm

-About the first chapter-
Already watched the raws. I loved it. But seems like they are retteling BOG with Beerus and Whis scenes.(I hate retteling, that's the main reason why I hated Minus)
I wonder how much they will change. The only thing worth to chance is erase the stupid "super saiyan god super saiyan" name from existance and just call it ssj god. While the red form starts to be called just saiyan god.

Other thing that surprised me was the chapter lenght. It was expecting 30+ pages just like ROF manga adaptation and any other monthly manga...
Maybe I didn't found the complete chapter?!
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

soulnova
Advanced Regular

Post by soulnova » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:40 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote: Other thing that surprised me was the chapter lenght. It was expecting 30+ pages just like ROF manga adaptation and any other monthly manga...
Maybe I didn't found the complete chapter?!
I was commenting about this on the main discussion thread. So far... that's all that we have. :/
Check out Journey's End, a short story of Goku and Vegeta's final days. "Time is running out for the last two Saiyans"

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:45 pm

Aw, that's not really a very fair comparison. Terrible quality images and 3 vs. 1.

Here's one I put together that I think is a little fairer.

In these shots, I do think Ooishi's work is nicer, but on the whole, I think Toyotaro is the better artist. He's far better at mimicking Toriyama's style, too.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:52 pm

I'm so used to Ooishi Chibi style from Dragon Ball SD that i forget she can rival Toyble.
I never read JTAS manga. Made a quick research now, but nothing.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:55 pm

I think Ooishi goes overboard with the spikes in Goku's hair, kinda like the kanzenban covers.

soulnova
Advanced Regular

Post by soulnova » Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:03 pm

Can we have some Buu/EoZ Goku pics as reference for the hair?

Toyotaro feels a little too like GT hair to me. It is too rounded and short to me.