"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kinokima
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kinokima » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:12 am

Thunderbird wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:43 pm Just saw a bit of that Reincarnated as Yamcha manga by Dragon Garow Lee. He's a much better artist than that Toyotaro. They should have got him instead.
I love Reincarnated as Yamcha and Garow Lee is fantastic but that took him months to write. Toyotarou Is keeping up with a monthly deadline. The two are not comparable.

ShaggyBlanco
Beyond Newbie

Post by ShaggyBlanco » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:00 am

Apparently he actually calls it Omen too, first time it is named in-universe

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:46 am

This chapter will be Goku only then...

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Post by batistabus » Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:11 am

Volume 12 cover art. Really like it!

caire
Not-So-Newbie

Post by caire » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:09 am

batistabus wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:11 am Volume 12 cover art. Really like it!
Ooh that is nice - Toyo's cover layouts have definitely improved, imo. I think last volume's is still my favourite, but seeing Vegeta in his Yardrat armour makes this one a close second. I can't wait to see this coloured.

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:02 pm

Cool cover art, and is nice to see Omen again in the manga.

Omgzord
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Omgzord » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:32 pm

Can someone remind me what UI is supposed to do against Moro again? He will just suck him dry again and we will go back to square one.

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:09 pm

Omgzord wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:32 pm Can someone remind me what UI is supposed to do against Moro again? He will just suck him dry again and we will go back to square one.
If UI moves without thinking than Goku can probably land a few hundred hits on him before Moro thinks to absorb it. Its probably going to be Vegeta and cast breaking through Moro’s defense to get Goku in close range.

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Post by batistabus » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:42 pm

One thing I really like about this arc is that it feels like there are two major adversaries. Moro and Merus are separate obstacles that Goku & Vegeta need to overcome in very different ways with very different results. On top of that, Moro and Merus have their own beef independent of the Saiyans. Toyotaro is really good at weaving together plot lines...it's something that stood out to me when rereading the Future Trunks arc recently.

Because Goku was involved in the "payoff" with Merus (meaning the major reveal with the angel lore), Vegeta may get the payoff with Moro (kicking major ass, at least), but I suspect Merus will be involved once more. Perhaps Merus will ultimately beat Moro and Vegeta will have a payoff of the ❤️ with the Namekians.
Omgzord wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:32 pm Can someone remind me what UI is supposed to do against Moro again? He will just suck him dry again and we will go back to square one.
I'm wondering this as well. Maybe they'll introduce something like "angel ki" later on and that's what Migatte no Gokui taps in to.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:09 pm

batistabus wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:42 pmI suspect Merus will be involved once more. Perhaps Merus will ultimately beat Moro
I’ve been wondering about this as well, since Super has a common trend of teasing the solution in the middle of the story, which always isn’t a direct victory of a single hero.

CortoMaltese

Post by CortoMaltese » Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:59 am

Merus is one of the reason this arc is the best to me.
He'll clearly appear again in the final.
Hope the Grand Priest doesn't destruct him if he trying to help !
He's a character we need to see in the future stories !

Goku think that Moro hiding his true strength and we know Seven-Three will be used for another purpose.
Moro will certainly lost against Ultra instinct Omen, classic storytelling for an ennemy to use his trump card.

But with a Vegeta becoming a last resort what can be the role of Merus ???
Am i the only one thinking Vegeta's training will be another road to give him Ultra Instinct ?

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:18 am

CortoMaltese wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:59 amWith a Vegeta becoming a last resort what can be the role of Merus ???

Am i the only one thinking Vegeta's training will be another road to give him Ultra Instinct ?
Vegeta may "beat" Moro, but something will happen that will require Merus to get involved. Think of Goku's final fight with Jiren where he was a hair away from taking him out, but needed some help for that final push.

I think they've already established that Vegeta's training for his own thing, not UI.

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Post by batistabus » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:00 am

Quick before the chapter drops, here's Volume 12 in color:

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:46 am

Chapter's out! I really liked this one.

But I have to admit, my favorite line was from Piccolo after Goku came to save them from the minions. "No point in training if we can't defend the Earth in the end. I wonder, when was it that you guys got so far ahead of us. " It was absolutely hilarious. Apparently it took Piccolo 20 years to come to terms with being outclassed.

PremiumSalt
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PremiumSalt » Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:10 pm

Jeez, the rest of the Dragon Team struggling against the current foes, only for Goku to come in and decimate them immediately? This is easily the most Super has ever felt like a Z arc, for better or for worse.
Dragon Ball Arc Rankings: 1. Piccolo Daimaō 2. Saiyan 3. 22nd Budōkai 4. 23rd Budōkai 5. Hunt For the Dragon Balls 6. Zamasu 7. Moro 8. Tournament of Power 9. 21st Budōkai 10. Broly 11. Battle of Gods 12. Boo 13. U6 Tournament 14. Freeza 15. Red Ribbon Army 16. Artificial Humans/Cell 17.Golden Freeza
Kunzait_83 wrote:No matter what twisted pretzel logic you contort yourself into to try and convince yourself otherwise, Raditz landing on Earth is the middle of the fucking story. Zero context, zero setup. Its in NO way meant to be seen as a "beginning point" for ANYTHING other than the next story arc. It flows precisely and fluidly from where things left off in the aftermath of the 23rd Budokai and mostly hits the ground running from there without really stopping to look back. You're plopping someone into the middle of a book starting at chapter 195 out of 519 for absolutely no good goddamn reason, with very minimal opportunity to look back at much needed context and character/story growth.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:28 pm

I quite liked this chapter. Goku zipping around Saganbo at super fast speed to the point he was invisibile to everyone but Jaco and Moro was the highlight for me.
It was a very cool way to hype up Goku’s new power.

Also I don’t mind it at all that Goku has now control of Ultra Instinct Omen and has named it.

I am looking forward to what will happen next.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:42 pm

Moro's seen Super Saiyan Blue before, right? The sight of blue hair seemed to be a bit surprising to him.

The earlier bit about Moro "hiding his power" has me looking forward to seeing his true capabilities.

Looks like Gohan and Piccolo have reached new heights. Unfortunately that hasn't changed their standings in comparison to Goku and Vegeta.

Great chapter.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

superfan2024
Regular

Post by superfan2024 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:55 pm

Super Saiyan Turlast x4 wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:42 pm Moro's seen Super Saiyan Blue before, right? The sight of blue hair seemed to be a bit surprising to him.

The earlier bit about Moro "hiding his power" has me looking forward to seeing his true capabilities.

Looks like Gohan and Piccolo have reached new heights. Unfortunately that hasn't changed their standings in comparison to Goku and Vegeta.

Great chapter.
It wasn't that Moro was acting like he's never seen the blue hair transformation before, it was more of him being confused as to why Goku was using Blue when Moro already knew that Goku was using Ultra Instinct when he first arrived.

And yeah, great chapter; can't wait for the next.

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omaro34 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:19 pm

Michsi wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:46 am Chapter's out! I really liked this one.

But I have to admit, my favorite line was from Piccolo after Goku came to save them from the minions. "No point in training if we can't defend the Earth in the end. I wonder, when was it that you guys got so far ahead of us. " It was absolutely hilarious. Apparently it took Piccolo 20 years to come to terms with being outclassed.
True haha.

At least Goku remarked that he could hardly recognize both piccolo or gohan. Meaning they both got stronger. Even 17 and 18 were outclassed, everyone was.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:35 pm

superfan2024 wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:55 pm
Super Saiyan Turlast x4 wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:42 pm Moro's seen Super Saiyan Blue before, right? The sight of blue hair seemed to be a bit surprising to him.

Great chapter.
It wasn't that Moro was acting like he's never seen the blue hair transformation before, it was more of him being confused as to why Goku was using Blue when Moro already knew that Goku was using Ultra Instinct when he first arrived.

And yeah, great chapter; can't wait for the next.
Great answer.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~