"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

zamasu121
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by zamasu121 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:29 am

OLKv3 wrote:People don't hate the form. They hate the fact that the form has no explanation. Trunks just magically gained it and nobody explained anything about it.
its most likely that he unlocked god ki, or so it seems like going by his aura

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:38 am

OLKv3 wrote:People don't hate the form. They hate the fact that the form has no explanation. Trunks just magically gained it and nobody explained anything about it.
So, basically Super Saiyan 3.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:00 am

HeroR wrote:
So, basically Super Saiyan 3.
No not even close but we had this already.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:09 am

I love how Goku Black's drawn in chapter 18!

HyugaProdigy

Post by HyugaProdigy » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:17 am

Can someone please leave me a link where to find chapter 18???

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:19 am

zamasu121 wrote:
its most likely that he unlocked god ki, or so it seems like going by his aura
And there lies the problem. god ki isn't supposed to be just some random rage powerup. God Ki had 2 movies explaining how special it is. Trunks just gets it just because, no training or nothing, he sees it and suddenly he has it. Vegeta had to train with an angel to use it. Goku had to use a ritual and train with an angel. Trunks just gets it
Comparing this to SSJ3 is not only silly, but an obvious attempt to bash DBZ as if that would nullify a flaw of Super. A flaw that could be fixed easily if they just made any half assed explanation. Give us something!

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:21 am

We need to give the series some time..
It's a possibility trunks new form is not explaned right now because one of our present timeline half breeds could attain the same.. it would be explained then or just to be taken that it's a god form for halfbreeds..

I still believe frost is going to unlock golden frost thus freeza's new form wouldn't just go to waste like that either..

On other note.. merged zamasu looks menacing in manga and godly in anime.. I wonder why they have such difference designs though..
Don't Toyotaro and toie communicate even that much..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:42 am

the form could be like ssj2, goku didn't explain that form until the middle buu arc and that was a long arc.
but going how the anime explains things, make your peace now.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:52 am

Kind of prefer how the anime left the kissing thing a bit ambiguous but either way it's still blown out of proportion.

So the chapter ends before the Big Fight? Welp guess that means he's gonna deffo cut the trips down.

Pannaliciour
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pannaliciour » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:55 am

Damm where are the rest of the scans love to see the fighting scenes on that. Manga has always good fighting scenes. But to be honest this arc in the anime also had good fighting scenes.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:12 am

Amazed they clarified the kissing scene. Though now that I know that's what Vegeta meant after all it feels like a joke with no payoff. Why Chekhov's Gun Gokû's first kiss on the mouth when he doesn't even get that first kiss this arc?
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Freeza9000
Advanced Regular

Post by Freeza9000 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:17 am

At this point, the anime>>>>manga.

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:26 am

Totamo wrote:the form could be like ssj2, goku didn't explain that form until the middle buu arc and that was a long arc.
No it isn't. At the Cell arc the whole goal has been to go beyond super Saiyan. And Gohan did so.

It was explained. Trunks is a walking asspull.

From non sensing god ki to god level with god ki aura and able to sense in just some days... And as I have written more than once NOBODY asked what happened. Not eve Vegeta.

For USSJ, SSJ2, 3 and SSB we got reactions from others asking what it is.

Completely ignoring the ridiculous Mafuba learning and Genkidama like spirit sword while in this form.

Goku and Vegeta should be ashamed. One needed training for half a year and the other until today isn't able to do a Genkidama while in SSJ form and needs to ask people first if he can suck their energy

Will
Beyond Newbie

Post by Will » Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:28 am

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:39 am

Sooo... Toyotaro kept the time paradox stuff, but trashed all of Zamasu's characterization, by cutting out the fight with him and Goku, practicaly for nothing? Am I getting this right? Wow...
Also, no mystery, no nothing regarding Black's identity. People trashed the anime when this was revealed, in a much better way might I add. I am sure nobody's going to comment on it though.
The kissing scene, at least in the anime was a joke. What is it supposed to be here? Where's the punchline?

Loved the Monaka joke and Vegeta being mad Zamasu picked Goku's body instead of his :lol: Also, that flashback scene with Black is amazingly drawn. That and the first chapter of this arc still give me hope the manga will get better with it's artwork. Most things are drawn well (though there is some bad stuff in there) but the panel composition is just outright bland. Even in this chapter that Black scene stands out so much compared with the rest.

Also, that Volume 2 cover looks beautiful. Colored in Toyotaro is so much better.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:45 am

Kishido wrote:
Totamo wrote:the form could be like ssj2, goku didn't explain that form until the middle buu arc and that was a long arc.
No it isn't. At the Cell arc the whole goal has been to go beyond super Saiyan. And Gohan did so.

It was explained. Trunks is a walking asspull.

From non sensing god ki to god level with god ki aura and able to sense in just some days... And as I have written more than once NOBODY asked what happened. Not eve Vegeta.

For USSJ, SSJ2, 3 and SSB we got reactions from others asking what it is.

Completely ignoring the ridiculous Mafuba learning and Genkidama like spirit sword while in this form.

Goku and Vegeta should be ashamed. One needed training for half a year and the other until today isn't able to do a Genkidama while in SSJ form and needs to ask people first if he can suck their energy
actually no, it wasn't. The whole point was to master super saiyan. That's why they went into the time chamber. Gohan transformation came out nowhere because he has been angry before and he never got that strong, hell he got angry when he transformed the first time, but we never really know how much power he gains because they are inconsistent number wise, Goku was the one who said this is a saiyan beyond saiyan or saiyan ascended or super 2, that's when we got the name. No one during that time said anything close to that, your best case ofexplanation might be trunks who said Gohan did it right by increasing power without sacrificing speed but that makes no sense because goku knew that already. basically, if what trunks said is true which it was not as it was more complicated than that, then goku could have reached ssj2

MajinMan
Advanced Regular

Post by MajinMan » Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:45 am

Did Toyotaro just reveal who Black was? Just like that? If I'm understanding this correctly, then rest in piece the manga version of this arc.
Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

Rest in peace.

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:52 am

Draconic wrote:Sooo... Toyotaro kept the time paradox stuff, but trashed all of Zamasu's characterization, by cutting out the fight with him and Goku, practicaly for nothing? Am I getting this right? Wow...
Also, no mystery, no nothing regarding Black's identity. People trashed the anime when this was revealed, in a much better way might I add. I am sure nobody's going to comment on it though.
The kissing scene, at least in the anime was a joke. What is it supposed to be here? Where's the punchline?

Loved the Monaka joke and Vegeta being mad Zamasu picked Goku's body instead of his :lol: Also, that flashback scene with Black is amazingly drawn. That and the first chapter of this arc still give me hope the manga will get better with it's artwork. Most things are drawn well (though there is some bad stuff in there) but the panel composition is just outright bland. Even in this chapter that Black scene stands out so much compared with the rest.

Also, that Volume 2 cover looks beautiful. Colored in Toyotaro is so much better.
dude people got pissed that after all the build up that was the reveal, many said if that was the case, they should have just spit it out. I was there. people hated it because it set it up to be more than what it was.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:47 am

The kissing joke was kept, that's disappointing. I dislike it quite a bit, like I said when it first appeared in the anime it dehumanizes Goku. I now find Goku's and Chi-Chi relationship icky, when they have two sons and never even kissed.
Got to wait for the rest of the completed chapter to form the rest of my opinion.

The cover for volume 2 is beautiful!

zamasu121
Beyond Newbie

Post by zamasu121 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:51 am

LightBing wrote:The kissing joke was kept, that's disappointing. I dislike it quite a bit, like I said when it first appeared in the anime it dehumanizes Goku. I now find Goku's and Chi-Chi relationship icky, when they have two sons and never even kissed.
Got to wait for the rest of the completed chapter to form the rest of my opinion.

The cover for volume 2 is beautiful!
here you go https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=618qBMTMR90