"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Re: Super's manga by Toyotarō

Post by eledoremassis02 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:04 pm

I would like to see Dragon Boy as some sort of alternate universe. That would be pretty cool

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:45 am

Piccolo powerup in no problem,He and Whis could just go to the ROSAT and train there.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:52 am

Piccolo already enter the Room of Spirit and Time twice. He can't enter again.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:05 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:Piccolo already enter the Room of Spirit and Time twice. He can't enter again.
Also Whis would never go in there for a year. Too much earth food he'd miss out on.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:24 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:Piccolo already enter the Room of Spirit and Time twice. He can't enter again.
Gotenks and Buu created a hole in the ROSAT with there scream,pretty sure Whis can do the same thing.

Battousai
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Battousai » Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:52 am

Well, I doubt the chamber of space and time ( or whatever it's called ) is still intact. Piccolo destroyed it to trap Evil Buu, I seriously doubt that the chamber can be entered again.

Anyway, that won't be a problem for Whis, he can manipulate space and time, as we've seen in Rof. He can create a dimension or a chamber to train Piccolo and Buu. If Buu is willing to train, ofc.

I predict Buu won't be interested to train and will be beaten easily by the U7 foe he'll be facing. On the other hand, Piccolo will definetly train and will surely be able to control the ki of the gods.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:20 am

Let's forget about RoSaT. It was a good plot device in the Android/Boo Arc, but I wouldn't like to see being used again in Super, for realsies.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:43 am

Neon Z wrote:Vegeta took out Trunks with one straight hit after he became a SSJ, when he saw him using the form for the first time though. And there's also how, when the Gotenks fusion time ran out, Super Buu became Piccolo Buu, rather than Trunks Buu.

They had a lot of potential, considering how easily they got to those levels, but the only scene that really suggests that they were really strong overall (rather than just surprisingly strong for who they are) is the battle with #18, and even that can be mostly excused due to the surprise factor, since she likely wouldn't be expecting to fight anyone even near their level.
Boo became Piccolo Boo because the kids returned to base.

#18 was caught by surprise but she knew they weren't kidding and needed to end that match quickly. Granted, this doesn't tell us they were stronger than her, just that they could become a problem (either to her or the audience).

I think there's no harm in considering them stronger than Freeza because, at that point, that level of power was nothing surprising anyway. Besides, didn't Goten have Full Power Super Saiyajin eyes?

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:56 pm

Both Goten and Trunks are Full Power SSJs. They have it naturally, they never achieved the form through rage like every other SSJ before them (including Future Trunks, he was never a FPSSJ)
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:14 pm

eledoremassis02 wrote:I would like to see Dragon Boy as some sort of alternate universe. That would be pretty cool
Ah, I've always been a bit hesitant towards crossovers unless it's like a one-off movie or some kind of death battle between two characters from two different series. If it were to come to say, One Piece being Universe 4 in the Dragon Ball World that would annoy me greatly, even if it's Toriyama's other works like Dragon Boy. I'd rather the other Universes be Dragon Ball instead that way Super or the DB franchise keeps going longer. I don't really think you could make an adventure out of the other Universes if they contain different series like Dragon Boy. IMO it'd be to clashy to work.

Sodhi
I Live Here

Post by Sodhi » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:47 am

Anyone else wondering why goten and trunks have not be seen or even talked about in the uni. 6 part of the manga yet?

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:12 am

Sodhi wrote:Anyone else wondering why goten and trunks have not be seen or even talked about in the uni. 6 part of the manga yet?
That just shows how important they are.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:32 am

Well Goten and Trunks are left behind on Earth, so what is there to talk about? They don't go with them, just like Krillin, 18, Tien, Yamcha, and Gohan don't.

They'll likely be off-screen and not shown for a while.

Sodhi
I Live Here

Post by Sodhi » Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:06 am

precita wrote:Well Goten and Trunks are left behind on Earth, so what is there to talk about? They don't go with them, just like Krillin, 18, Tenshinhan, Yamcha, and Gohan don't.

They'll likely be off-screen and not shown for a while.
The point that I am trying to make is that manga does not even tell us what they are up to.Those kids are the ones that can't miss out on a adventure and stay locked in a room for a long time. I mean at least show us how they look, have they finally grown or not?.

soulnova
Advanced Regular

Post by soulnova » Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:42 pm

If they can trick Goten and Trunks into going into ROSAT (if it was fixed) then they could have en "excuse" to make them look more like their age.
Check out Journey's End, a short story of Goku and Vegeta's final days. "Time is running out for the last two Saiyans"

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:50 pm

soulnova wrote:If they can trick Goten and Trunks into going into ROSAT (if it was fixed) then they could have en "excuse" to make them look more like their age.
Wouldn't be surprised if 2 more years pass, and they're still kids.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:00 pm

I don't understand the logic about not aging up the kids. Trunks and Goten don't even seem like they have any major role in the story anytime soon, so why not age them? I assume they think kid Trunks and Goten are too marketable, but if they're not using them on-screen why does it matter?

I really hope they timeskip to the end of DBZ after this tournament. I want teenage Trunks/Goten and to see Pan a little older along with Uub

Black_Liger
Advanced Regular

Post by Black_Liger » Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:22 am

precita wrote:I don't understand the logic about not aging up the kids. Trunks and Goten don't even seem like they have any major role in the story anytime soon, so why not age them? I assume they think kid Trunks and Goten are too marketable, but if they're not using them on-screen why does it matter?

I really hope they timeskip to the end of DBZ after this tournament. I want teenage Trunks/Goten and to see Pan a little older along with Uub

^^^^ This 10x. I think they just wanna market them, but this would be easily solved. Want young characters to market but still progress?.

Age Goten and Trunks, you now have Pan. Maron, Bra and Uub, make them likeable, now add a cute character that is very strong, and make him/her a core ally/Main Character (Like Chopper from One Piece). There you go!.
There's room for only one snake, and one big boss.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:38 am

I guess Toei doesn't see girls like Pan, Bra or Maron as marketable. If you add 3 new female characters in a major role it will be a major shift for a franchise that's primarily aimed at boys and has an almost all male main cast.

Which is weird as Toei makes Pretty Cure, Sailor Moon, etc. and other series with all female leads. If Pan and Bra become the next "Goten and Trunks" I wouldn't mind. It should have happened in GT with Maron being the new Krillin.

King Jacku
Beyond Newbie

Post by King Jacku » Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:40 am

Uhh Toei is basically just following what Toriyama is writing for them, it's not really up to them.

When they DID have full consent to do whatever they wanted, they made Pan a main character (GT).