"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Xeogran
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Xeogran » Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:01 am

Oatmeel gets revealed as a double agent with his own agenda, as I find it weird none of the 3 powerful fighters could feel any strong ki beforehand. The blast coming from a robot controlled by him would make sense.

Or 7-3 regenerated and made his way here.

Shorty GZ2
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shorty GZ2 » Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:12 am

Still wondering about how the "balance of the universe (7) will shift" part of the prophecy will go.

YamiGoku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by YamiGoku » Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:47 am

That beam feels very Frieza like, but that wouldn't make any sense, the only one that would make sense in this situation is Gass, maybe the Oracle Fish did not recognize Gass back then because he wasnt as old as he is now?

I would like it to be 7-3, but I dont feel it would make too much sense, unless he was watching in the shadows the whole time...

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:27 am

Freeza would be unexpected since I already had lose hope he would appear, even though the arc has been revolving around his character since the beginning. Most boring scenario would be Gas or A73 somehow.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Dragmobot12
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragmobot12 » Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:13 pm

Imagine if this were the cliffhanger of this arc? If it's really OG-73, I can imagine Granolah sacrificing himself to kill him, but to survive, 73 absorbs Granolah, and they only reveal this at the end of the chapter.

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:01 pm

The fight with Gas has gone on long enough, I hope he's not somehow back in action, and we've seen enough of Freeza, really hoping he's not that next protagonist, he's been in 3 arcs already. I wouldn't mind Freeza appearing or being involved, but I really hope he's not the next villian they face.

super michael
Advanced Regular

Post by super michael » Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:22 pm

Gas has lot the fight, however Elec still has Bulma Dragon Ball Radara, so he can make another wish. The Dragon Balls on Granolah planet doesn't turn to stone, so he can gather the two Dragon Balls and make another wish.

Plus lets not forget that Elec has 7-3.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:35 pm

super michael wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:22 pm however Elec still has Bulma Dragon Ball Radara, so he can make another wish.
Um.. Monaito has just been shot, so not really :lolno:
Unless he rushes real fast.

super michael
Advanced Regular

Post by super michael » Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:56 pm

Xeogran wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:35 pm
super michael wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:22 pm however Elec still has Bulma Dragon Ball Radara, so he can make another wish.
Um.. Monaito has just been shot, so not really :lolno:
Unless he rushes real fast.
If Monaito survive then there would be Dragon Balls, plus Goku can use earth Dragon Balls to revive Monaito.
Even if Monaito dies, Elec still has 7-3. 7-3 knows about Namek Dragon Balls, that is how Moro knew about the Dragon Balls.

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:58 pm

What if Freeza wished to be the strongest, then killed Monaito so no one else could use those Dragon Balls? I hope not. They would have noticed the dragon being summoned, so I doubt that's it.

Shorty GZ2
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shorty GZ2 » Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:25 pm

UpFromTheSkies wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:58 pm What if Freeza wished to be the strongest, then killed Monaito so no one else could use those Dragon Balls? I hope not. They would have noticed the dragon being summoned, so I doubt that's it.
Freeza doesn't seem like he'd wish to be the strongest, we see in Broly that he doesn't want to wish for immortality like he did on Namek anymore mostly because of his experiences in eternal hell, and he now knows the value of training from RoF. He'd be more likely to keep Monaito alive. Though of course, we do see him try to kill Cheelai/Lemo only to be stopped/let go by Gogeta, and then change his mind to keep them alive so they can help Broly control his power which he can him to get him under his control again).

Speaking of Gogeta, I do think there's a chance he might show up for the "climax of the climax" wielding both Ultra forms, would fulfill the "balance shifting in the universe" aspect in a "wow both Goku and Vegeta are the greatest warrior in the universe" way, esp since fusion hasn't been brought up/written off until now (and I was sort of wondering how the action/fighting would go after last chapter). Only thing making me think Toyo won't use him is that Nagayama's already basically been using Gogeta as the climax MC of the SDBH manga like 2-3 arcs now, & he may want to focus more on Goku & Vegeta's diverging/individual power paths.
Last edited by Shorty GZ2 on Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dragmobot12
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragmobot12 » Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:41 pm

Oatmeel controls every possible device, right? What if he made OG-73 arrive there? Oatmeel is a name of a Cerelian, but he is shown only as an AI device. Could he be a real Cerelian with serious intentions, like a canon version of Baby? Someone who is more reasonable than Granolah ever has been?

Some will say it's impossible, but I assume that Oatmeel could connect to OG-73 as a Bluetooth or something like that.

YamiGoku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by YamiGoku » Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:58 pm

The more I think about it, the less I want it to be Gass, even if thats what would make the most sense.

I just hope is a fun twist, I dont expect to see a twist that makes sense and is also good(maybe 7-3?), so I hope at least is something that makes the rest of this Arc entertaining.

DragonBallFanatic

Post by DragonBallFanatic » Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:03 pm

OLKv3 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:05 pm
Shorty GZ2 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:53 pm
OLKv3 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:51 pm He refuses to die
Nah, the title of the chapter is "The Greatest Warrior in the Universe Revealed", and we know it's not Gas (he is also KO'd at the moment)

It may be someone else
Gas is most definitely the one who shot Monaito. He was left alive, Elec was about to reveal the terms of his wish, and nobody sensed it. He pulled a Piccolo/Freeza/Cell and got off a sneak attack
I don’t think it can be Gas, he’s already done for which is why Elec is running, he knows that. Toyotaro confirmed it will be a very insane development maybe surpassing the earlier hype of the arc with the “Actual Strongest Warrior!” shenanigans, meaning it being Gas again here is pretty lame. I’ve never seen Gas’ ki attacks ever look like that either.
All I’m going to say is that the beam looks very very Frieza like. This arc has also been foreshadowing Frieza being a possibility of making an appearance.
I think this all eludes to Frieza making an appearance 🤷‍♂️

Shorty GZ2
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shorty GZ2 » Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:54 pm

Well, Super Hero provides pretty loose current canon regarding Freeza, with all being said of him is that Broly (& Cheelai/Lemo) are on Beerus's planet to hide from Freeza, and that Bulma has been collecting the DBs/making insignificant wishes to keep them out of evil hands like "when they were stolen by Freeza's army not too long ago (presumably referring to Broly) & after granting a wish, they scattered again" (this is all in spite of Super Hero being 3 years after Broly). It's not like he couldn't make an appearance here/in between that time, but it doesn't seem to esp make sense/fit right here.

Dragmobot12
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragmobot12 » Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:05 pm

If it really is Frieza, here are my questions:

1- Where is his spaceship? Shouldn't Oatmeel have at least warned them about a flying object approaching Planet Cereal even from miles away?

2- Throwing the spaceship stuff aside, how the hell could Freeza have arrived to Cereal across the galaxy? Especially by himself? Without his own army?

3- Why now? In the previous arc he decided not to interfere with the Moro situation going on, Frieza is a bastard, but he likes to keep his hands clean, so why get involved in the middle of this?

Jack Bz
Regular

Post by Jack Bz » Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:46 pm

It has to be Freeza. It couldn't be anyone else, surely. It seems Granolah is going to immediately have his new-found distaste for revenge challenged. The only person he considered family is now most likely dead.

With how much Freeza has been mentioned throughout the whole arc, it makes sense that he's finally going to be back.

ChronoTwigger
Advanced Regular

Post by ChronoTwigger » Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:08 pm

Considering how bad the manga is right now, for sure he's Frieza. Is the worst thing to do.
I learned english listening to songs. So I don't know anything about. The day you had to learn play piano by just listening .mp3, you'll understand.

TBMx
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TBMx » Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:39 pm

Vegeta doesnt want to win this way again? You mean when he held on to Gas for five seconds while everyone else was doing the winning around him? :lol: Look at how he's quiety taking credit for other people's work when he slips in this idea that he won anything. I wish for once someone would call him out on it.

Shorty GZ2
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shorty GZ2 » Sun Aug 14, 2022 2:27 am

I guess we've given up on the individual chapter threads if it isn't just late this month lmao