"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

FlpShimizu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by FlpShimizu » Mon May 10, 2021 2:54 pm

Getting Virgo Shaka vibes from Goku. When he opens his eyes (with silver hair) you know you're in some deep shit.

This may actually be the end of Goku using other Super Saiyan forms. Makes his fight with Uub later on a lot more ambiguous, which I'm all for.
"I'm never fighting a gag manga character again!"

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Post by batistabus » Mon May 10, 2021 5:46 pm

Cool image, but it seems too soon for them to be teaming up (although that'd be a pleasant surprise). I suppose this panel could be from anywhere in the chapter, but preview images have all (They started doing this for Ch.70, right?) been from the beginning of the chapter. They could still be on the Heata ship. I'm imagining this as a misleading panel akin to this.

Alternatively, I suppose the story could have a nonlinear narrative, but that seems even less likely, and there's no sign of a long, drawn-out battle (i.e. battle damage).

I'm definitely reading into this too much.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Tue May 11, 2021 6:57 am

They are fighting together already. Wow wasn’t expecting that

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Tue May 11, 2021 8:31 am

HeroR wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 10:11 am
MCDaveG wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 3:54 am I really do hope, that they will incorporate Broly again in some way and him not be another one-off: ''Will train and wanna battle you again sometime.'' At least connect somehow.

Even though I kinda cringe over the idea, the new introduced Broly was a sympathetic new addition, even tho lazy one.
I don't want them to skip it the same way, that they hinted on more Universes in Battle Of Gods and then we got Freeza rehash with nothing added to it besides Blue and Golden forms.
Except the Frieza stuff did come back in USS and even in Broly. That and Resurrection 'F' introduced Goku and Vegeta training under Whis. In fact, in terms of the movies, Resurrection 'F' had more impact than Battle of Gods.
Really, why? Most of that was established in previous movies and new stuff was just the training and new forms based on SSJ God.
To me personally, besides returning Freeza into the continuity, it didn't left any impact on me.
And if introducing Freeza back has such impact, why Whis and Beerus from previous movie don't have as big impact or even bigger?
Just asking, would like to hear more detailed opinion.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Tue May 11, 2021 9:12 am

FortuneSSJ wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 5:36 pm I'm marathoning Super Dragon Ball Heroes and the way Goku gives the final blow to Planet Moro is similar to what he did to Kamioren. Didn't know about that. :P
It's pretty much the same without a giant ki Goku. Guess that's where he got it from

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Tue May 11, 2021 11:22 pm

FlpShimizu wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 2:54 pm Getting Virgo Shaka vibes from Goku. When he opens his eyes (with silver hair) you know you're in some deep shit.

This may actually be the end of Goku using other Super Saiyan forms. Makes his fight with Uub later on a lot more ambiguous, which I'm all for.
I seriously doubt it will be the end.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Wed May 12, 2021 2:59 am

OLKv3 wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 9:12 am
FortuneSSJ wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 5:36 pm I'm marathoning Super Dragon Ball Heroes and the way Goku gives the final blow to Planet Moro is similar to what he did to Kamioren. Didn't know about that. :P
It's pretty much the same without a giant ki Goku. Guess that's where he got it from
I don’t know that punching a giant enemy-weakness crystal necessarily requires direct inspiration...

jonah hex

Post by jonah hex » Wed May 12, 2021 6:02 am

I have feeling that Granolah won't be that "most powerful being in the universe", something else gonna happen in this story arc.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Wed May 12, 2021 6:54 am

GodVegetto91 wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 11:22 pm
FlpShimizu wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 2:54 pm Getting Virgo Shaka vibes from Goku. When he opens his eyes (with silver hair) you know you're in some deep shit.

I seriously doubt it will be the end.

I was hoping for a game changer before Ressurection F. They heavily marketed Goku and Vegeta harnessing the God Ki and that Super Saiyan won't be needed anymore and with poster that shown Goku and Vegeta in base state, I was thinking yes! Interesting.

But years later, I was horribly wrong. Now they have ton of forms of hair recolours, which I still think is kinda stupid.
And I don't believe this is the end, still wide color palette of shades that they haven't used yet!
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Jack Bz
Regular

Post by Jack Bz » Wed May 12, 2021 12:20 pm

I wonder if Goku can use ultra instinct in any of his other forms, or just his base and silver forms.

I also wonder if base ultra instinct Goku is still "stronger" than if he was to use super Saiyan blue without UI

BOEGVELD

Post by BOEGVELD » Wed May 12, 2021 1:45 pm

Do y'all think Granolah, Goku and Vegeta will show some new techniques in their upcoming battle? Toyotaro has a habit of showing new techniques during battles.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Wed May 12, 2021 2:25 pm

Jack Bz wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 12:20 pm I wonder if Goku can use ultra instinct in any of his other forms, or just his base and silver forms.

I also wonder if base ultra instinct Goku is still "stronger" than if he was to use super Saiyan blue without UI
Didn’t you read what Whis said in the image I posted right above your comment^^^?!

Whis LITERALLY said that once Goku gets his mind right he will be able to use it in ANY form.

Jack Bz
Regular

Post by Jack Bz » Wed May 12, 2021 2:29 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 2:25 pm
Jack Bz wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 12:20 pm I wonder if Goku can use ultra instinct in any of his other forms, or just his base and silver forms.

Didn’t you read what Whis said in the image I posted right above your comment^^^?!

Whis LITERALLY said that once Goku gets his mind right he will be able to use it in ANY form.
Yeah, I understand that is an end goal, but I am just wondering if Goku is already at that point or if he's just managed it in base so far because that's all that's been shown.
Last edited by Jack Bz on Wed May 12, 2021 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Post by Yuji » Wed May 12, 2021 2:31 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 2:25 pmWhis LITERALLY said that once Goku gets his mind right he will be able to use it in ANY form.
Which seems to imply he'll only need to use base form from here on, since the other forms waste too much energy. The power boost is a non-factor since Whis said back in #65 that Ultra Instinct powers up the user's durability and strength as required.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Wed May 12, 2021 3:17 pm

Jack Bz wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 2:29 pm
GodVegetto91 wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 2:25 pm

Yeah, I understand that is an end goal, but I am just wondering if Goku is already at that point or if he's just managed it in base so far because that's all that's been shown.
If he has it in Base, then he has it in Super Saiyan aswell. There should be no difference. It’s just a mental state, that is all.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Wed May 12, 2021 3:18 pm

Yuji wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 2:31 pm
GodVegetto91 wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 2:25 pmWhis LITERALLY said that once Goku gets his mind right he will be able to use it in ANY form.
Which seems to imply he'll only need to use base form from here on, since the other forms waste too much energy. The power boost is a non-factor since Whis said back in #65 that Ultra Instinct powers up the user's durability and strength as required.
No only the Silver haired transformation saps strength. Super Saiyan doesn’t, as he has mastered it during the Cell Arc.

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Post by Yuji » Wed May 12, 2021 3:29 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 3:18 pm
No only the Silver haired transformation saps strength. Super Saiyan doesn’t, as he has mastered it during the Cell Arc.
Yes, but it also doesn't boost his strength anymore. Goku wouldn't be using base alongside Vegeta's Super Saiyan (Blue?) form if he didn't get some power boost from UI.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Wed May 12, 2021 5:11 pm

Yuji wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 3:29 pm
GodVegetto91 wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 3:18 pm

Yes, but it also doesn't boost his strength anymore. Goku wouldn't be using base alongside Vegeta's Super Saiyan (Blue?) form if he didn't get some power boost from UI.
That’s a personal headcanon assumption and you know it. Right now, there is no evidence that his Super Saiyan transformations don’t multiply his power anymore. As SSJ should still be 50x Base etc etc. But we’ll have to wait and see.

Obviously Goku’s Base form is now whole dimensions greater and more effective on the battlefield than it was before, due to mastering Ultra Instinct within it. But that doesn’t mean that he can’t still get stronger through transforming.

We could see a SSJ1 UI, SSJ2 UI, SSJ3 UI, SSJ God UI, SSJ Blue UI, and SSJ Silver UI.

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Post by Yuji » Wed May 12, 2021 5:30 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 5:11 pmThat’s a personal headcanon assumption and you know it.
It's how UI functions.
Since Goku is learning to utilize UI - which lets the body grow sturdier as necessary, as Whis stated - in his base form, and we already see that his base power has been augmented significantly, then it is unlikely he will stack transformations on top of it. Whichever level of UI mastery he has already is what is going to grant him a power boost. I doubt Toyotaro would place base Goku that far above one of Vegeta's Super Saiyan forms if Goku could also stack SS on top of it. Goku is already far beyond Vegeta with just the silver UI, if he got over 50x stronger than Vegeta in his base form, could turn into the same SS forms as Vegeta AND use UI alongside them, then Vegeta would be far behind.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed May 12, 2021 5:50 pm

My predictions for this arc:

Goku and Vegeta fight against Granolah
The Heathers wish to restore Seven-Three
It turns out that Elec is the one who created Seven-Three
Seven-Three kills the Heathers
Goku, vegeta, and Granolah team up against Seven-Three
Seven-Three copies UI and Hakai
Seven-Three erases Granolah
Goku and Vegeta are not match against Seven-Three
They use the Dragon Balls to erase Seven-Three powers
Toronbo argees to do it, but Goku has to give up UI
Vegeta ends using Hakai to erase Seven-Three
They try to wish back Granolah, but Tornob or Shenron can't do it.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/