"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

shadd21
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by shadd21 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:39 pm

Moro’s wish... No idea how they are supposed to pose a threat to Goku and Vegeta.

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:57 pm

shadd21 wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:39 pm Moro’s wish... No idea how they are supposed to pose a threat to Goku and Vegeta.
Moro is taking Goku/Vegeta's energy and giving it to his army. That's why Goku and Vegeta struggle to the point they revert to base.

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:04 pm

I have no idea where this arc is going at this point.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:14 pm

Apparently, at the end of the chapter Vegeta tells the patroller to take him to the planet Yardrat. Maybe he learns Instant Transmission too? They will need all the speed now

Block88
Beyond Newbie

Post by Block88 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:25 pm

Vegeta will learn something to negate Moro energy drain crap
Don’t understand why toyo prolong 2-3 chapters for Moro last wish he could’ve done it himself

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:28 pm

I can't properly judge until I read the whole chapter, but this cliffhanger feels like more stalling. :|

It leaves me wondering what's going on behind the scenes. I'd rather them just put the manga on hold too if it's going to continue moving at such a slow pace.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:29 pm

Vegeta sets course to Planet Yardrat and I think it's to learn IT Himself which will show how Goku learned it when I saw that last page I thought he was heading for Vampa to talk with Broly and ask for help but this is much better

Save Broly for a later time

however..this would be a great time to incorporate Freeza and his army into the mix and have freeza fight Moro

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:05 am

Why does Moro have a longer beard again? Toyotaro fucked up again. In the last chapter it got really short. Now it’s back to longer again. His writing is inconsistent as fuck.

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:15 am

GodVegetto91 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:05 am Why does Moro have a longer beard again? Toyotaro fucked up again. In the last chapter it got really short. Now it’s back to longer again. His writing is inconsistent as fuck.
Not his writing this time it's his art

Liquir
Beyond Newbie

Post by Liquir » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:18 am

GodVegetto91 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:05 am Why does Moro have a longer beard again? Toyotaro fucked up again. In the last chapter it got really short. Now it’s back to longer again. His writing is inconsistent as fuck.
It is short in the beginning, it gets a bit longer after he says he will give energy to the minions to fight Goku and Vegeta, even before he starts absorbing Goku and Vegeta's energy. So that could be it, he shared his own energy with them and from before we know that when he gains energy the beard shortens, so we can estimate when he loses energy it gets longer.
Last edited by Liquir on Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:20 am

Liquir wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:18 am
It is short in the beginning, it gets a bit longer after he says he will give energy to the minions to fight Goku and Vegeta, even before he starts absorbing Goku and Vegeta's energy. So that could be it, he shared his energy with them and from before we know when he losses energy his beard appears, when he gains energy it shortens.
Gains power; Younger, loses power; Older.

Nice.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:53 am

It is short in the beginning, it gets a bit longer after he says he will give energy to the minions to fight Goku and Vegeta, even before he starts absorbing Goku and Vegeta's energy. So that could be it, he shared his own energy with them and from before we know that when he gains energy the beard shortens, so we can estimate when he loses energy it gets longer.
Wasn’t it stated that he gave them Goku and Vegeta’s energy instead of his own?

Liquir
Beyond Newbie

Post by Liquir » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:00 am

GodVegetto91 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:53 am
That was afterwards. At the beginning, before the prisoners were on land with Goku and Vegeta, when that one prisoner bows down he states he promised them energy, so he gives his own energy and the beard gets longer in the next page. After the fight starts on land, he starts absorbing Goku and Vegeta's energy in that energy ball in the sky.

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:05 am

Anyone else get Super Mario (NES) vibes from the ship and the inmates with Moro when he's absorbing Genki ???

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:08 am

Liquir wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:00 am
That was afterwards. At the beginning, before the prisoners were on land with Goku and Vegeta, when that one prisoner bows down he states he promised them energy, so he gives his own energy and the beard gets longer in the next page. After the fight starts on land, he starts absorbing Goku and Vegeta's energy in that energy ball in the sky.
Okay thanks. But, you seem to be implying that there’s a translation of the chapter out there already? If so, can you point me towards it? It seems so soon.

Kaiza_Toshiyuki
Temporarily Banned

Post by Kaiza_Toshiyuki » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:22 am

Not gonna lie, kinda like this wish. Hopefully this moves things to earth soon. And this makes the first Villain in the Series who actually cared about his allies. Whether or not thats a positive is up to you.

Liquir
Beyond Newbie

Post by Liquir » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:26 am

GodVegetto91 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:08 am
Liquir wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:00 am
Okay thanks. But, you seem to be implying that there’s a translation of the chapter out there already? If so, can you point me towards it? It seems so soon.
Not yet. These are translations I have read from other forums where few people who either live in Japan or know japanese translate some pages to tell the other members what is happening. Tho better to wait for the official Viz translation that comes out later today.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:36 am

Unpopular opinion.

Remember how we were mostly hyped about this new manga arc? Remember how things got messed up as Heroes also unveiled a new character that had to do with the time patrol? Didn't someone mention that there is apparently a lack of secondary enemies?

I am telling you that Sealas and Ahms could have filled that role perfectly. Him getting corrupted by Moro or soeething in the Prison and helping with his escape. He shouldn't be OP but given that he can fuse with Ahms (even though he had absorbed other characters in heroes too) it could be an interesting final battle before the challenge with Moro starts. The other Galacfic Patrol members would even try to bring him back, with a lot of character development lying there (unfortunately, at this point DB has as much character development as an OVA of a seasonal anime).

This would also plolong the Arc's story, not thtt it has finished yet for me to say that it is short, but it got repeated in some instances. AND PICCOLO SHOULD HAVE BEEN THERE. Imagine him being entrusted with absorbing the Namekian Champion after ToP. Good power-up.
P O W E R

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:55 am

Oh man, looks like Toyotaro is going full on DBHeroes

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:11 am

Moro's new crew have to be some of the worst designs i've seen yet in DB history (not only do they copy other designs from the T.O.P) but they look lame and not intimidating (the only one i'll let pass is the Hit look alike and U7 Metalman)