"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Hawk9211 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:28 am

I just hope that the next chapter is longer.If opm can have a 125 page chapter with much more detail then why can't we have 50 pages?
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:56 am

TKA wrote:
sintzu wrote:
mfwlegend3 wrote:I can't wait for Toyotaro's version of the current events of the story and what changes he'll make. I can see SS3 being used a lot more.
Hopefully we see Vegeta use it.
SS3 shouldn't be used at all.

It's been made clear in Battle of Gods and the Buu arc that it's a flawed transformation. I get that people love to recreate the "leveling up" moment Goku did where he went through the Super Saiyan levels, but at this point he and all the other characters know SS3 is flawed and is a waste of time.

Hell, the story itself made SS3 a waste of time. It was a red herring, with the true crux of the arc being fusion (and later, Gohan's power up). When Gotenks uses it, he loses. It's just meant to be distracting for the reader, so the real plot point surprises.

I think the form is better left in the past, as it shows a regression in character development and really only looked good on Goku. I think all the various DB media that gives SS3 to random characters are all misguided to varying degrees. The manga should just stick to SS1, 2, god and blue.

Or better yet, just SSGod since it was established as being very efficient, while still packing a punch. THAT shows progression and the characters being smart. I don't need the fanservice.

-----------------------------------------

Not my usual kind of post, but we have fun here.
I prefer how it was in the Champa arc
Base, SS, SSB. No need for all the other transformations

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:57 am

mfwlegend3 wrote:
Meshack wrote:Toriyama told him that the Angels are not that fond of their Hakaishin, meaning an Angel wouldn’t fall in love with their Hakaishin because they’re dispatched by Zenoh.
Why did you feel the need to explain this to me? You basically repeated what Miracles had said, which I already told you I agreed with. My point still stands. If you aren't fond of someone, no matter how little, it's not out of the ordinary if you don't get along with them.
The Angels of the universes with the highest human levels are fond of their Hakaishin.
That isn't exclusive to only them. Whis and Beerus have a good relationship, same goes for Cus and her Hakaishin.
Because he's telling you that Toriyama never said that they aren't fond of their gods.

mfwlegend3
Regular

Post by mfwlegend3 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:11 am

OLKv3 wrote:Toriyama never said that they aren't fond of their gods.
Toyotaro originally depicted Belmod and Marcarita too much like lovers, so Toriyama corrected him: "Angels are dispatched by the Omni-King, so an angel wouldn't be this fond of their God of Destruction!"

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:20 am

mfwlegend3 wrote:
OLKv3 wrote:Toriyama never said that they aren't fond of their gods.
Toyotaro originally depicted Belmod and Marcarita too much like lovers, so Toriyama corrected him: "Angels are dispatched by the Omni-King, so an angel wouldn't be this fond of their God of Destruction!"
Oh my god. That's what we're telling you. He's not saying they aren't fond of them.
Think of it like this, you're hanging with a platonic friend of the opposite sex. Someone thinks you're a couple, and you're like "whoa I like her, but I'm not THAT fond of her"

Do you get it yet? He's telling Toyo that the Angels like their gods, but they'd never be to the point where they're in love with them. They like them, but they don't like them like that.

mfwlegend3
Regular

Post by mfwlegend3 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:26 am

OLKv3 wrote:Oh my god. That's what we're telling you. He's not saying they aren't fond of them.
What..? When was that ever a question here? I commented how I would have liked Marcarita and Belmod's relationship to be a thing, then Miracles pointed out how romance wasn't a key thing in DB anyways, which I agreed with. Also, Toriyama never said they weren't "THAT" fond of them. "That" was never included. He just said they weren't fond of them. This whole thing subject of romance was understood a page ago. Now you said Toriyama never said that the angels aren't fond of their gods, I showed you proof that he did. You're just arguing for the sake of arguing now.

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:27 am

mfwlegend3 wrote:
Meshack wrote:Toriyama told him that the Angels are not that fond of their Hakaishin, meaning an Angel wouldn’t fall in love with their Hakaishin because they’re dispatched by Zenoh.
Why did you feel the need to explain this to me? You basically repeated what Miracles had said, which I already told you I agreed with. My point still stands. If you aren't fond of someone, no matter how little, it's not out of the ordinary if you don't get along with them.
The Angels of the universes with the highest human levels are fond of their Hakaishin.
That isn't exclusive to only them. Whis and Beerus have a good relationship, same goes for Cus and her Hakaishin.
You seem not not understand what Toriyama said. He’s not saying they wouldn’t have a good relationship. They just wouldn’t be lovers. Also, I didn’t say Whis and Beerus didn’t have a good relationship. I just said the Angels of the universes with the highest human levels are fond of their Hakaishin because they are fond of them. I just didn’t mention every single Angel and their Hakaishin

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:30 am

mfwlegend3 wrote:
OLKv3 wrote:Oh my god. That's what we're telling you. He's not saying they aren't fond of them.
What..? When was that ever a question here? I commented how I would have liked Marcarita and Belmod's relationship to be a thing, then Miracles pointed out how romance wasn't a key thing in DB anyways, which I agreed with. Also, Toriyama never said they weren't "THAT" fond of them. "That" was never included. He just said they weren't fond of them. This whole thing subject of romance was understood a page ago. Now you said Toriyama never said that the angels aren't fond of their gods, I showed you proof that he did. You're just arguing for the sake of arguing now.
Dude... “Toyotaro originally depicted Belmod and Marcarita too much like lovers, so Toriyama corrected him: ‘Angels are dispatched by the Omni-King, so an angel wouldn't be this fond of their God of Destruction!’” https://twitter.com/herms98/status/929247795873058818

It has nothing to do with not having romance in Dragon Ball. Obviously there is if you have married couples
Last edited by Meshack on Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:30 am

mfwlegend3 wrote:
He said "they shouldn't be THIS fond of their god"
Notice "this". He's emphasizing that they'd never be that close to the point where they'd be in love. He's not saying that they don't like their GoDs.

mfwlegend3
Regular

Post by mfwlegend3 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:34 am

Meshack wrote:You seem not not understand what Toriyama said. He’s not saying they wouldn’t have a good relationship. They just wouldn’t be lovers.

Toriyama never specified on what he told Toyotaro, and we're only left on what is said in this interview; and that is angels aren't fond of their angels because they're appointed to them by Zeno. There's no mention of friendship, or getting along, it's just as it is.
I just said the Angels of the universes with the highest human levels are fond of their Hakaishin because they are fond of them.
And I told you that that isn't exclusive to just the universes with the highest mortal level, as used Beerus and Whis as an example. I don't see why that in particular has any relevance here.

Edit: Oh, alright, I understand what you two mean now with the "this" being emphasized now. My apologies.

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:22 am

OLKv3 wrote:
TKA wrote:
sintzu wrote:
Hopefully we see Vegeta use it.

It's been made clear in Battle of Gods and the Buu arc that it's a flawed transformation. I get that people love to recreate the "leveling up" moment Goku did where he went through the Super Saiyan levels, but at this point he and all the other characters know SS3 is flawed and is a waste of time.

Hell, the story itself made SS3 a waste of time. It was a red herring, with the true crux of the arc being fusion (and later, Gohan's power up). When Gotenks uses it, he loses. It's just meant to be distracting for the reader, so the real plot point surprises.

I think the form is better left in the past, as it shows a regression in character development and really only looked good on Goku. I think all the various DB media that gives SS3 to random characters are all misguided to varying degrees. The manga should just stick to SS1, 2, god and blue.

Or better yet, just SSGod since it was established as being very efficient, while still packing a punch. THAT shows progression and the characters being smart. I don't need the fanservice.

But what if someone is stronger than Super Saiyan but not worthy of God or Blue? Should Gokuh or Vegeta waste their power on someone who doesn’t need it? Super Saiyan 2 and 3 were not used during the 6th Universe Arc because it was unneeded. Gokuh was too much for Frost as a Super Saiyan, Vegeta didn’t need Super Saiyan for Magetta or Cabbe. Blue was only needed because of Hit. Hit was the only threat there. In the manga, Gokuh even asks Vegeta why he went Super Saiyan against Cabbe, meaning he could have beaten him in his normal form.

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:27 am

Meshack wrote:
OLKv3 wrote:
TKA wrote:

But what if someone is stronger than Super Saiyan but not worthy of God or Blue? Should Gokuh or Vegeta waste their power on someone who doesn’t need it? Super Saiyan 2 and 3 were not used during the 6th Universe Arc because it was unneeded. Gokuh was too much for Frost as a Super Saiyan, Vegeta didn’t need Super Saiyan for Magetta or Cabbe. Blue was only needed because of Hit. Hit was the only threat there. In the manga, Gokuh even asks Vegeta why he went Super Saiyan against Cabbe, meaning he could have beaten him in his normal form.
It wouldn't be wasting power. If SS isn't enough, then you go Blue and one shot.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:56 pm

Angels work for their God of Destruction. For them, it's just a job and they may not even like it. Vados doesn't seem too pleased of working with Champa and the Angel of U9 definitely hated his job.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:20 pm

emperior wrote:Angels work for their God of Destruction. For them, it's just a job and they may not even like it. Vados doesn't seem too pleased of working with Champa and the Angel of U9 definitely hated his job.
Even Whis who has shown to be somewhat closed to Beerus laughed when it was revealed that he would be spared if U7 if erased. Vados is a troll, so it's hard to know her feelings. She does shows some care towards Champa since she tried to get him to eat healthy and lose weight.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:38 pm

I'm glad Toriyama told Toyo that angels shouldnt be that fond of their GoD, that supposed scene where Marcarita feeding Belmod felt weird to me, if that had continued it woulda looked more Harley and Joker.

IM21
Banned

Post by IM21 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:10 pm

Does anyone have pictures of the back covers (Japanese version) from the 4 volumes?

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:24 pm

IM21 wrote:Does anyone have pictures of the back covers (Japanese version) from the 4 volumes?
Click on the volume names at bottom of chapter list. http://www.kanzenshuu.com/manga/spin-of ... all-super/

IM21
Banned

Post by IM21 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:36 pm

Xeztin wrote:
IM21 wrote:Does anyone have pictures of the back covers (Japanese version) from the 4 volumes?
Click on the volume names at bottom of chapter list. http://www.kanzenshuu.com/manga/spin-of ... all-super/
Thank you. :D

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:12 pm

I think all of Goku's modes should be utilized. In order to test out his opponents, flashy style, changes things up from just going Blue and the transformations themselves has fans.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:43 pm

-Volume 4 2nd week sales-

Currently Volume 4 has sold 217,745 copies.
Volume 3 took 5 weeks to sold 236,720 copies.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.