"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GodVegetto91
Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by GodVegetto91 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:45 am

Kinokima wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:30 am
GodVegetto91 wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:20 am
Kinokima wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:18 am

I would wait until release date. Sometimes the Kindle version doesn’t go on sale until the last minute like the day before or day after release

It could also be a problem with Viz and Amazon but let’s hope not because I order all my manga for the Kindle too
The release date was the 24th of February sweetheart...

The release date for Volume 12 is March 2nd. A simple search on Amazon would have showed you that

https://www.amazon.com/Dragon-Ball-Supe ... 1974720012
Clearly you are forgetting that not everyone on this planet lives in the US... Or did you think the world revolves around you guys?

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:00 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:45 am

The release date for Volume 12 is March 2nd. A simple search on Amazon would have showed you that

Clearly you are forgetting that not everyone on this planet lives in the US... Or did you think the world revolves around you guys?
Is there a reason why you are being so rude when I was just trying to help you out?

Did you specify what country you live in? You said Amazon. Usually when people just say Amazon they mean the US store

There are different regional Amazon stores like Amazon UK, Amazon Japan, Amazon France etc. why didn’t you specify where you live then? Am I supposed to be able to read your mind?

Did you ever think about calling Amazon and asking them for help? Instead of being rude to me on here for not knowing you don’t live in the US?

TheNingen
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheNingen » Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:55 pm

Your condescension, conduct, and attitude are needlessly aggressive. You need to do a major turnaround of your attitude as this is a problem you have with nearly every user you discuss things with. Stop talking down to people.

As for the chapter, I think it's fairly obvious that the wishes aren't going to do jack and Granolah is going to be told next chapter the wish isn't possible. I also don't think the 'strongest warrior' thing applies to him. I actually think that will go to one of the Heeters.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:38 pm

Kinokima wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:00 pm

Is there a reason why you are being so rude when I was just trying to help you out?

Did you specify what country you live in? You said Amazon. Usually when people just say Amazon they mean the US store

There are different regional Amazon stores like Amazon UK, Amazon Japan, Amazon France etc. why didn’t you specify where you live then? Am I supposed to be able to read your mind?

Did you ever think about calling Amazon and asking them for help? Instead of being rude to me on here for not knowing you don’t live in the US?
Apologies.. I didn’t mean to be rude. I was in a bad mood earlier today for some other reasons. I shouldn’t have acted it out on you. Anyways, yeah, I agree that Amazon doesn’t always have their priorities together. I would have expected them to be happy to be able release the Kindle version immediately! But I guess not. (On a side note, Volume 6 FINALLY released on Kindle last week!) after months and years of waiting for me, so I think they’ll eventually will release this one aswell.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:01 am

GodVegetto91 wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:38 pm

Apologies.. I didn’t mean to be rude. I was in a bad mood earlier today for some other reasons. I shouldn’t have acted it out on you. Anyways, yeah, I agree that Amazon doesn’t always have their priorities together. I would have expected them to be happy to be able release the Kindle version immediately! But I guess not. (On a side note, Volume 6 FINALLY released on Kindle last week!) after months and years of waiting for me, so I think they’ll eventually will release this one aswell.
That’s okay apology accepted!

I hope Amazon fixes the issue and it comes to your Kindle store soon.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:20 am

Kinokima wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:01 am
GodVegetto91 wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:38 pm

That’s okay apology accepted!

I hope Amazon fixes the issue and it comes to your Kindle store soon.
Thank you.

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:18 pm

As Batistabus pointed out earlier, it appears that not only Leek was present in the massacre of the Granolah's race, but Taro as well.

Knowing Toyotaro, I doubt it is just a coincidence. It seems more and more likely that Planet Cereal is the place where they were just before the destruction of Planet Vegeta. Whether this will only be a cool reference or whether it will be explicitly mentioned in the story later it remains to be seen

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:30 pm

We saw the aliens Bardock and his group were murdering before being called to Vegeta. They weren't the Cereals.

caire
Not-So-Newbie

Post by caire » Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:34 pm

LightBing wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:30 pm We saw the aliens Bardock and his group were murdering before being called to Vegeta. They weren't the Cereals.
I think that was only in Minus wasn't it? I'm not sure where Minus lies in terms of canonicity anymore. I remember Bardock and his buddy heading back from a mission in Broly, after being called back, but I can't recall it being explicitly stated where they were returning from.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:51 pm

The Saiyan who talks to Bardock when he arrives on planet Vegeta wasn't with Bardock and that other one assaulting the Hitmonlee planet. So if this Saiyan is with Bardock against these "Cereals", then it's either two different events or they'll retcon it (for no reason, as usual).

Then again, if it's the latter, and if we're gonna be at the point of retconning something from Dragon Ball Minus, might as well retcon it everything too (leaving Gine alone, of course).
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:16 pm

Well, Granolah said that the Saiyans were wiped out "not too long" after his race was killed

My bad, indeed it doesn't necessarily imply that these events happened immediately after each other, but the presence of characters similar to that of Bardock's companions in Granolah's nightmares doesn't seem to be just coincidence.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:06 am

It seems like they're trying to make Minus and its events have a bigger impact on the overall story, which isn't a bad idea as despite not liking it, it makes everything feel more connected.

kemuri07
Advanced Regular

Post by kemuri07 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:56 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:06 am It seems like they're trying to make Minus and its events have a bigger impact on the overall story, which isn't a bad idea as despite not liking it, it makes everything feel more connected.
It's definitely DB taking cues from more recent shonen in its world building. Which I think is ultimately for the best for DB.

DiscountDabi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DiscountDabi » Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:11 am

https://imgur.com/a/QYyOJAc

Lets just hope it looks better in HD...yeesh :shock:

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:27 am

DiscountDabi wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:11 am https://imgur.com/a/QYyOJAc

Lets just hope it looks better in HD...yeesh :shock:
Really good!
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:36 am

It's a nice cover, shame the superior Moro designs aren't used. He looked so much better originally.

AndLad92

Post by AndLad92 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:27 am

I'm always more interested to see how the back spine of the new book looks. I think it's because this is what I look at everyday on my book shelf, but I also think it's because I'm afraid that every new book is the last DBS volume we're gonna get. So everytime I see that there's a new character showing on the back spine of the new volume, I'm relieved that the series is continuing for at least two more volumes because each character on the back spine takes up 3 books.
As a big fan of Dragon Ball, I should be expected to hate the live action movie "Dragon Ball: Evolution", but I don't. I don't like it because of the content, but because it gave us Dragon Ball Super:

"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:21 pm

AndLad92 wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:27 am I'm always more interested to see how the back spine of the new book looks. I think it's because this is what I look at everyday on my book shelf, but I also think it's because I'm afraid that every new book is the last DBS volume we're gonna get. So everytime I see that there's a new character showing on the back spine of the new volume, I'm relieved that the series is continuing for at least two more volumes because each character on the back spine takes up 3 books.
A new arc just started so we don't have to worry about it ending for at least another year or two.

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:36 pm

LightBing wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:36 am It's a nice cover, shame the superior Moro designs aren't used. He looked so much better originally.
Probably the back cover will highlight Vegeta and Moro and it is possible that in this case Goat Moro will be used instead of Moro73(since Vegeta's main battle is against him)

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:56 pm

LightBing wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:36 am It's a nice cover, shame the superior Moro designs aren't used. He looked so much better originally.
Amen.