"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Grimlock » Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:29 pm

LoganForkHands73 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:02 pmWhy not just read it on Viz when it comes out?
Because I don't feel invested in these sagas. They're still very formulaic and too much of the same thing. I only read a chapter when/if something catches my attention, if something interesting is going on, like Yadorats' and Uub's appearance in the previous saga and Bardock's involvement now.

Other than those things, there's nothing for me in the manga.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

LoganForkHands73
Advanced Regular

Post by LoganForkHands73 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:49 pm

Grimlock wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:29 pm
LoganForkHands73 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:02 pmWhy not just read it on Viz when it comes out?
Because I don't feel invested in these sagas. They're still very formulaic and too much of the same thing. I only read a chapter when/if something catches my attention, if something interesting is going on, like Yadorats' and Uub's appearance in the previous saga and Bardock's involvement now.

Other than those things, there's nothing for me in the manga.
Fair enough my dude.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:39 pm

LoganForkHands73 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:02 pm
Grimlock wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:53 pm Any chance those early sketches things already show something related to Bardock/the past so I can look forward to it? :shifty:

The wait for the next chapter is a pain, and I don't even read the manga... I can only hope Toyotaro doesn't drop the balls and provide me with some great content/information.
Why not just read it on Viz when it comes out?
Because thatd take 10 minutes to read rather than 5 mins to make a point about not liking the manga in the manga thread followed by a 50/50 shot of having to read it anyway if it does contain what he wants. :roll:
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:33 am

So I was about to curse Toyotaro when I saw this "leak" but then I figured it out it was fake so I didn't bother. Is not like Toyotaro can't drawn a single chapter without making a reference. But anyway apart from the expected mess, chapter was decent, not really a fan of Bardock wanking as I'm one of those that prefer his original depiction over Toriyama's.
OLKv3 wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:23 am
Miracles wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:40 pm Unlike Granola, Moro is pure evil. So he wouldn't and shouldn't have inner clashing with the protag's. Granola feels his cause is righteous enough to sacrifice his life for. Which strikes at Vegeta's personal struggle of letting go of his past sins.
Granola is a better written Zamasu than Zamasu himself.
I don't think this comparison is valid at all, cuz I see them as different characters, but I never liked Zamasu, my biggest problem is that he’s an overused character type: the self-righteous visionary villain with a god complex, and yet he has none of the depth and complexity that normally comes with that character type. He’s completely one-dimensional with a silly, threadbare motivation for hating mortals, which more or less just seems like an excuse for him to be evil. I personally just think that the character archetype doesn’t really work in the Dragon Ball universe; you can’t turn Light Yagami into a Dragon Ball villain without turning him into a caricature. But if you were going to try to make him work as a villain, more time needed to be devoted to developing his character.
omaro34 wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:48 pm I have mixed feelings about Bardock’s involvement in the story. Out of all the Saiyan characters he’s my favourite so this is awesome, but at the same time what really separated Goku from the rest of the Saiyans was his good nature. Now it feels like a kind hearted Saiyan isn’t all that special, and I feel that devalues Goku a bit.
Yeah, I'll never be a fan of Goku parents being good people, not that all Saiyans should be evil, but they didn't seem originally to care about family at all.
Lord Beerus wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:13 am
LoganForkHands73 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:15 am Uh, guys... You don't think... Bardock might be Granola's father? No, surely not... Nooo...
That would be the most audacious twist in all of Dragon Ball. I would hate and love Toyotaro so much if he went for this.
You know I kinda would like it, but this is too out of the box for Toyotaro to go for. Goku having a brother from another race? It would be quite interesting.

TKA wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:49 am
Jinto wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:49 amVegeta that badly needed his fan to regain FAITH in him ?!! What is THIS S*** !!!
Bro, this is a story, not sports. Vegeta is not a person, he's a character. Vegeta has no needs, the story does.
This post made me laugh more than I should lol
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:55 am

PurestEvil
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PurestEvil » Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:04 am

About time I leave before the shitstorm begins
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

Yasai9001
Beyond Newbie

Post by Yasai9001 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:20 am

This should be interesting.

Trouser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Trouser » Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:39 am

I hope this chapter is a 100% flashback like with Trunks, Shin and Dabura. If they are using Bardock, they can give him whole chapter, otherwise it's going to be a waste of time and character, imo.
"If it means having to live under your control, I'd rather be dead!" - Trunks
English is not my first language, if I've made a mistake, please, feel free to correct me. It will help, thanks.

kemuri07
Advanced Regular

Post by kemuri07 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:34 pm

Ah shit...we're almost at that time already?!!

kemuri07
Advanced Regular

Post by kemuri07 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:37 pm

Grimlock wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:53 pm Any chance those early sketches things already show something related to Bardock/the past so I can look forward to it? :shifty:

The wait for the next chapter is a pain, and I don't even read the manga... I can only hope Toyotaro doesn't drop the balls and provide me with some great content/information.
Dude. You're better off just waiting for the arc to end. We're getting 30 pages per chapter here. I'll say it again...I honestly think this arc will flow a lot better for people once the story is completed. Until then, the fun is mostly just dicking around.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:30 pm

So wait is the Bardock thing true?

I held my tongue about the whole Super Super Hero/ Broly thing.. I’m not sure I even want to know

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:12 pm

TheMikado wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:30 pm So wait is the Bardock thing true?

I held my tongue about the whole Super Super Hero/ Broly thing.. I’m not sure I even want to know
All we know is that Bardock is responsible for Granolah and Monaito surviving the Saiyan attack. Some people think Bardock will turn out to be Granolah’s father, but I really doubt it.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:17 pm

It'd be a ballsy move to give Goku another brother. Half-brother.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:13 pm

kemuri07 wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:37 pmDude. You're better off just waiting for the arc to end. We're getting 30 pages per chapter here. I'll say it again...I honestly think this arc will flow a lot better for people once the story is completed. Until then, the fun is mostly just dicking around.
I can't wait for the saga to end just to see Bardock in action, that'd be a torture! I have no intention to read this saga at this moment so it's kind of pointless to wait for it to end.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:30 pm

UpFromTheSkies wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:12 pm

All we know is that Bardock is responsible for Granolah and Monaito surviving the Saiyan attack. Some people think Bardock will turn out to be Granolah’s father, but I really doubt it.
This feels like some weird Superman-esque fan fiction starring dragon ball characters

YamiGoku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by YamiGoku » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:54 pm

Maybe the reason Freeza order the death of the Ceruleans was because he discover that the Saiyans were having "fun" :wink: with them.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:05 pm

YamiGoku wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:54 pm Maybe the reason Freeza order the death of the Ceruleans was because he discover that the Saiyans were having "fun" :wink: with them.
Sniper Saiyans, bring it on!
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Dragono
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragono » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:01 pm

UpFromTheSkies wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:12 pm

man, keep me off twitter for that

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:20 pm

Considering they're trying to paint Bardock as noble, I don't think they're gonna have him cheating on Gine and fathering Cerelian children. That would be WAY too dramatic for Dragon Ball.

FlpShimizu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by FlpShimizu » Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:06 am

Granolah is a toddler already when the Saiyan invasion begins. Why people are considering a meme to be a possible outcome is beyond me.
"I'm never fighting a gag manga character again!"