"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:21 pm

Kiyoharu wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:13 pm
Noitsnothim wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:59 pm
GodVegetto91 wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:23 pm Ofcourse Ultra Instinct doesn’t make the user “untouchable”. That’s ridiculous. Whis can still easily beat MUI Goku. Just as the Grand Priest can still easily defeat Whis and all of his other children. A higher power level means victory in battle. It’s that simple. If someone is simply much stronger than you, then they can still beat you.

Having mastered Ultra Instinct simply means that you have become the best possible version of yourself, and nothing else.
Ultra Instinct can make you untouchable look at whis and merus when they trained with Goku he wasn't able to touch them or leave a scratch on them

Yes, Whis is so untouchable...

Perhaps when he is not in the hands of Toei's retarded writers.
Calling writers retarded...because of a gag? Please do not use 'retarded' as an insult.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Tai Lung » Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:31 pm

Grimlock wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:30 pm None of this "business" makes sense once we remember that, by the time of Universe 6 saga takes place, there are just twenty eight planets with life if I remember correctly. There is probably even less by now.

So how exactly does this "business" work? They are killing the last few remaining races to sell to whom exactly? And is this really necessary? Because in a scenario like this, the only thing that could make sense is Freeza actually being a good samaritan and helping the remaining races to look for an empty planet instead, and there must be a lot of them now, "the universe is vast, after all" (as per Kanzenshuu summary).
is true ... :think: at first we might think that beerus, frieza and buu were the cause of that
honestly one would think that this is a positive thing ... it meant that there was nothing else in Universe 7 so exploring other universes with more life is the only option ...

but instead we keep inventing characters out of nowhere too "strong" ... I wouldn't mind if they had only trained as frieza but ... they only exist because yes, the universe is big and inconsistent

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:53 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:23 pm Ofcourse Ultra Instinct doesn’t make the user “untouchable”. That’s ridiculous. Whis can still easily beat MUI Goku. Just as the Grand Priest can still easily defeat Whis and all of his other children. A higher power level means victory in battle. It’s that simple. If someone is simply much stronger than you, then they can still beat you.

Having mastered Ultra Instinct simply means that you have become the best possible version of yourself, and nothing else.
Ultra Instinct can make you untouchable look at whis and merus when they trained with Goku he wasn't able to touch them or leave a scratch on them

you're talking as if people don't already know that the stronger your battle power is the the likelier your win is (that's how Dragon Ball in terms of heroes vs. villains always been)
If the Grand Priest desires to knock Whis out. He could do so in an instant. I thought this was common sense.

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:35 am

okay it's interesting to see the expressions of moro is preparing something apparently :think:
JulieYBM wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:21 pm
Kiyoharu wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:13 pm

Yes, Whis is so untouchable...

Perhaps when he is not in the hands of Toei's retarded writers.
Calling writers retarded...because of a gag? Please do not use 'retarded' as an insult.
It is obviously a gag ... but apparently toei killed his entire family and burned his crops so he did not avoid insulting them at all times even though it has nothing to do with the subject.

no funny, no respect ... it's better to ignore that ...

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:16 am

Tai Lung wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:31 pmat first we might think that beerus, frieza and buu were the cause of that
"Might"? No, they are. But they aren't alone. Kaioshin of East also takes the blame for not doing his job and for not having any purpose at all in these new stuff.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Sun Apr 19, 2020 2:09 pm

emperior wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:35 pm What’s with fans expecting UI to be un-hittable? It doesn’t make sense, especially NOT for the Omen version! Or else why would it be an uncomplete version of the technique?

I could understand people complaints if Goku was using the silver haired version, but even that already received hits from Jiren in the anime.

There is a misconception that Ultra Instinct is “auto-dodge”. It isn’t. In fact in both mediums it has been shown multiple times that it doesn’t only dodge but also blocks hits. So, eventually someone strong and fast enough to force an UI user to block should be able to land some hits. Or a beam clash could overpower someone with UI.

By the way if I remember correctly in the manga the silver UI was never hit, while in the anime it was but that happened mid-air in a flying-less arena so it’s a special occasion (I don’t really remember if Goku was hit other times).
So maybe save the complaints for when silver UI gets hit in the manga.
because it is the transformation of goku with the best design and at least in the anime he had his victory against kefla in the manga a little more performance was expected ... but it seems a transformation more like the ssj

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:44 pm

I would like to know if Ultra Instinct is a universal-like ability that's able to successfully counteract any style regardless of how unfamiliar it may be to the person's body. What about all encompassing circumferential abilities that completely traps them? I think that sounds like a possible weakness.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:47 pm

The art in this chapter was pretty bad. I think we can all agree on that. The fighting was ugly, and sometimes UI Omen Goku just looked like a little kid. The hairstyle was bad, and the eyes were popping out like some cats on the internet have. Bad art. FIRST TIME EVER Toyotaro!

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:32 pm

I don't think this is the first time. I'm sure there are some complains here about the art when Goku used Omen against Jiren.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:51 am

Lionel wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:44 pm I would like to know if Ultra Instinct is a universal-like ability that's able to successfully counteract any style regardless of how unfamiliar it may be to the person's body. What about all encompassing circumferential abilities that completely traps them? I think that sounds like a possible weakness.
It should be able to counter everything. Or else why would it be such a big deal even among the Gods of Destruction?
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:27 am

emperior wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:51 am
Lionel wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:44 pm I would like to know if Ultra Instinct is a universal-like ability that's able to successfully counteract any style regardless of how unfamiliar it may be to the person's body. What about all encompassing circumferential abilities that completely traps them? I think that sounds like a possible weakness.
It should be able to counter everything. Or else why would it be such a big deal even among the Gods of Destruction?
Any kind of fighting style no matter its intricacy or how alien it might seem to the UI user? Also, I admit I would be curious to see how it counters something unorthodox like Boss Rabbit's carrot touch.

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:46 am

Lionel wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:27 am
emperior wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:51 am
Any kind of fighting style no matter its intricacy or how alien it might seem to the UI user? Also, I admit I would be curious to see how it counters something unorthodox like Boss Rabbit's carrot touch.
The counter would probably be pulling an unexpected uno reverse card and turning him into a carrot lol.
But now in all seriousness, i guess the body would just move away (like Goku did fighting Beerus in the anime) or breaking the Boss's hand; or maybe, and since Boss Rabbit is a gag anyway, throwing him to space.
I really miss ma boy, Black :( :cry:

dbgtFO wrote:

AndLad92

Post by AndLad92 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:19 am

At what time of the day is the new DBS chapter typically released?
As a big fan of Dragon Ball, I should be expected to hate the live action movie "Dragon Ball: Evolution", but I don't. I don't like it because of the content, but because it gave us Dragon Ball Super:

"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super.

caire
Not-So-Newbie

Post by caire » Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:04 am

AndLad92 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:19 am At what time of the day is the new DBS chapter typically released?
It's usually released about 3-4 pm GMT. The Viz website has a timer, so right now it's about 3 hours to go.
https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/chapters ... ball-super

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:13 am

AndLad92 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:19 am At what time of the day is the new DBS chapter typically released?
On Mangaplus, it's released when it's midnight in Japan. That's in a little less than 2 hours from now.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:18 am

Chapter was pretty interesting.

Now I'm really looking forward to the next one.

Moro's statement on transcending the Gods was cool. Makes me wonder how he compares to them in general.
Last edited by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 on Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:26 am

Toyotaro tried some things that were refreshing to see. I'm glad Goku still didn't master the real Ultra Instinct.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:34 am

Chapter 59 thoughts

I liked this chapter. The action was cool, and the art was mostly great too. The only complaint I have this time is with how Goku looks when powering up to Omen in the last page. I would have preferred him to look calmer, less buff and with bigger hair... it’s just a bad drawing, there, but nothing too offensive.

I noticed that every time Moro was able to counter Goku it felt like it stayed true to what UI represent: Toyotaro made a good job portraying the fight of Ultra Instinct while keeping the aspect of it being hard to hit - in fact Moro only hit Goku through a gut punch after immobilizing him with magic, and then managed an hand grab and that full body grab.

I was happy to see Merus watching the fight from far away with Whis, their dialogue was nice.
It means also means Merus is still very involved and it keeps up my hopes of him acting out and deciding to sacrifice himself to help out Goku.
It would be for sure quite interesting to see how Angels are punished, and it may lead to a new story based on how Goku reacts to it. For sure it would bring in a great shock to the serie.

I have a hunch this may turn out like Resurrection F, considering all the similarities this arc has with the movie.
So Merus may decide to revert time once Moro kills everyone, and then either contact Goku/Vegeta through telepathy to tell them how to change their fate, or intervening himself to save them.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Akyon
Regular

Post by Akyon » Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:47 am

Just read the chapter.

Goku can't hold Ultra Instinct for long with his stamina... so he's just going to use his stamina to keep activating Ultra Instinct? The stamina that he doesn't have otherwise he could maintain the form?

I'm lost how this makes sense. Have I missed something important here?
Favourite User quote:
Vice wrote:"Look at all these characters getting some shine in the buildup for the tournament of power, maybe we'll get to see some other characters do some stuff instead of the same old shit."
1. Goku (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitor & Vegeta (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitors

"Fuck."

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:58 am

pretty cool chapter

love that Gohan referred to the silver hair version as form rather than a technique like omen/sign and that callback to Goku's fight with Kefla was alright

the paneling was a bit good but could've been better I guess the main thing I'm hoping that doesn't come out yet is Goku mastering Ultra instinct and beating moro

I want to see Vegeta battle him