"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Zephyr
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Zephyr » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:39 pm

Abra kadabra wrote:It's weird how the manga fans are incapable of praising the manga without shitting on the anime or directly comparing them. They can't defend the manga without directly comparing them either. It's really weird :lol:
How is that weird? They're two different, simultaneously existing, versions of the same thing. Comparisons are natural.

But sure, I'll bite. Without directly comparing to the anime:

The Thing In-and-of-Itself:
- The way that the manga is able to be consumed coheres better with the way that the plot points are written, I think. In the original run, Toriyama would write a chapter without planning the entire arc out. He'd do it one step at a time. As such, the films really felt like very large chapters. He wrote one film, and called it good, without planning for the next one. Then he wrote the next film when the time came, not really planning for the later stuff, and called it good. Ideally, we'd have received more films, but small, easily consumable (in one sitting) manga arcs serves just the same purpose. The Champa arc is certainly short enough to read in the time it would take one to watch a film, and thus you can do it one sitting, like with a film. In this way, you can treat each "arc" like a "chapter", and the story then begins to flow in a way much more in the way Toriyama would write it.
- Toytaro's art is great, most of the time. I wouldn't put it nearly on the same level as Toriyama's art during his peak, but it's certainly a solid imitation of it. Makes it feel like an authentic continuation.
- Toriyama's extra involvement is just cool. He'll correct panels, and make sure that the gags are just right.

The Champa arc:
- It retells Battle of Gods, but does this so briskly that it can't really replace the film. Rather, it's an extended prologue to the Champa arc, chock full of scenes showing what he and Vados were doing throughout the film. It also shows how Champa's actions are causally connected to Freeza's eventual revival. It just overall makes the stories from the films and the new stuff more connected.
- The Champa arc proper begins with a flashback to a fight between Beerus and Champa, and it's awesome! You get a sense of scale there that I think DB has lacked since the fight with Freeza on Namek. They're zooming through space, destroying countless planets in their wake.
- That Super Saiyan Blue name gag was a great in-universe way to rectify the convoluted name, such that it also played into Goku and Vegeta's rivalry and attempts to one-up each other.
- The panel where Tights it talking to Bulma on the phone, in the background you see a calendar. The image is a selfie that Jaco managed to get with Beerus. Cute little payoff to a gag from the second film.
- I enjoyed seeing Super Saiyan Blue as a double edged sword, something that one should only use at the last moment.

The Future Trunks arc:
- Trunks uses his sword to fight in interesting ways.
- We see Trunks training under Kaioshin. It's really cool, because they're two of the most pragmatic characters in the series. During the original run's final two arcs, they were the doomsayers who came to warn Goku and co. of the coming threat(s). They both suffer incredible frustration when Goku and Vegeta repeatedly ignore their warnings, leading to things going very sour. Now we get to see them work together, and things largely work out!
- Trunks is the franchise's most notable sword user. The Z Sword is probably the most notable sword. Seeing him use it was cool. Seeing him use it in a sword fight against Dabura was also cool as fuck. We even see him go Super Saiyan 2 for the first time.
- A nice little touch: although the Kaioshin-Hakaishin link had yet to be said, we still see the Z-Sword get destroyed, which ties up the potential loose end of which Kaioshin's life Beerus might be/have been tied to.
- I had a pretty good laugh when Goku was a cheating prick, and used God against Trunks.
- When we go to Universe 10, we get to see that the universes being "snowglobes" is still a thing. Nice little touch.
- In general, a lot of the extended cast is given something to do. We see Kibito sparring with another Kaioshin's attendant, whereas previously we'd never actually seen him fight. Kaioshin himself gets to go through time and investigate Zamasu's actions. Kaioshin and Zamasu also show up in the future to save Trunks and Mai. Gowasu even makes an attempt at reasoning with Black.
- Another small little touch: we learn from Gowasu that the actual first time travel happened in Universe 12, which we've now recently found out had such a highly advanced average mortal level that its exempt from the tournament. That just...makes sense.
- Zamasu learns of Goku through GodTube. That's a logical consequence of the Champa arc.
- When Beerus kills Zamasu, it looks like he melts into sand. Which is cool, since Beerus' name and outfit always seemed kinda Egyptian to me. Sand...Egypt....eh? Eh? I thought it was neat, at least.
- Black needing to get near death powerups in order to better fuse with the cells of the body was cool.
- Zamasu using psychic abilities in his fight with Goku was cool. Makes the fighting not seem like a bunch of people just doing all of the same shit to each other.
- Vegeta using God and Blue together like that, in a way that appears to imply that God is much more quick and agile, makes the forms feel more distinct, and also gives Vegeta his own sort of fighting style for a bit. Zoom with God, smack with Blue. It's a creative juggling of forms.
- Merged Zamasu throwing Katchin blocks was a nice payoff for Toyotaro reminding us of them during the flashback.
- Trunks having healing abilities is both a payoff for his training with Kaioshin, and also once again keeps everyone from having largely identical skill-sets.
- Goku containing the Blue form was cool. It serves as an alternative approach to how Vegeta tried to get around it. Which, again, makes them feel more distinct in their approach to stamina management and combat.

I can start really comparing to the anime, if you want me to. But I'm already skeptical that you'll give what I've already written the time of day, given your constant, low effort flame bait for the last several pages.
fexus wrote:People need to understand that this hakai technique isn't just some random blast. This technique literally erase the person. No soul no nothing. It's not weird for a GoD to know this because destruction and all but a mortal. Even with god ki, that doesn't mean it should be possible. The kaioshin clearly can't. For example, this week episode in the anime shows that GoD can give the hakai energy. Meaning that the energy is somewhat different. Not just any old ki ball. The hakai energy ki ball.
You realize that the "God of Destruction" is a job, not a species/race, right? You remember that mortals can become Gods of Destruction, right? That means it's not an inherent ability. That means it can be learned. That means people not born as gods can learn it. You remember that Goku lived with the martial arts master and attendant of a God of Destruction, right? The amount reaching required to take issue with this would leave the original run of the series in complete fucking shambles, if applied there.
fexus wrote:Saying they can just learn god techniques is like saying Trunks can heal just because he learn with the kaioshin. That sounds stupid as hell.
Oh, Christ. What's the issue with this one? They're literally expanding on already existing lore (Kibito has healing abilities --> Kaioshin apprentices have healing abilities), to foreshadow a new ability for Trunks to set him apart from the other Saiyans.
Last edited by Zephyr on Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pannaliciour
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pannaliciour » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:40 pm

Zephyr wrote:
mute_proxy wrote:Since the start of Super? How about Trunks learning the Mafuba from a phone video in 5 minutes?
Don't forget Trunks doing a Genki Dama despite having less reason to know of it or how to use it than Goku would this move. Or Black causing his own existence. Or the anime spending 9 hours of screen time retelling 2 already-released films instead of doing proper planning. Or this wonderful music placement.
If Freeza joining the tournament of power is Toriyama's idea how will Freeza interact with Beerus in the manga in the tournament of power saga? We never saw Beerus with Freeza in the manga ( Rof). So retelling the story isn't crazy.

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:41 pm

Pannaliciour wrote:
Zephyr wrote:
mute_proxy wrote:Since the start of Super? How about Trunks learning the Mafuba from a phone video in 5 minutes?
Don't forget Trunks doing a Genki Dama despite having less reason to know of it or how to use it than Goku would this move. Or Black causing his own existence. Or the anime spending 9 hours of screen time retelling 2 already-released films instead of doing proper planning. Or this wonderful music placement.
If Freeza joining the tournament of power is Toriyama's idea how will Freeza interact with Beerus in the manga in the tournament of power saga? We never saw Beerus with Freeza in the manga ( Rof). So retelling the story isn't crazy.
There's this movie that came out in 2015, Ruffles none Effu or something. I'm not sure if you heard of it, I swear it happened though!
Last edited by Zephyr on Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dbzk1999
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dbzk1999 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:41 pm

OLKv3 wrote:
Dbzk1999 wrote:
OLKv3 wrote: Also, there's no defending the Mafuba segment. It took Goku a whole day. Trunks learned it in 3 minutes. It was stupid as hell.
Took Goku a day to learn to aim it correctly, he had no trouble actually performing the technique. Trunks had Mai to help him aim when he used it on Zamasu. People act as if Trunks DIDN'T have help when he initially sealed Zamasu
Cetra wrote:
OLKv3 wrote: Also, there's no defending the Mafuba segment. It took Goku a whole day. Trunks learned it in 3 minutes. It was stupid as hell.
Yes, there is a defending of the Mafuba segment. Saint Gokuu is not the only one who is a good learner. Nothing forbids Trunks can pull off that thing.
Lol BS. It took Trunks 3 minutes to not only learn it correctly, but to also aim it correctly. It's an asspull. Get outta here with that "It's ok for the anime to do them but bad for the manga to do them" attitudes
The double standards here are so annoying
A) Never mentioned anything about the manga nor implied anything like the bolded :eh:
B) Again, he had help from Mai to aim it correctly, simple as that

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:42 pm

OLKv3 wrote:I thought everything about Zamasu in general was handled much better in the anime. He's a very weak villain in the manga, and this chapter was the first time he truly felt threatening imo. Though by this point it doesn't even really seem like it's him anymore, just like the sky face didn't really feel like him. They had no dialogue so it's like they're fighting his evil personified instead of Zamasu himself
I hope they explain it well because I didn't like the explanation for how Zamasu was able to fight against the defusion
This is how I feel, present zamas and ft zamas are the only version are ok in the manga but black is no different than zamas, in the manga,he complains too much and mz is just a brute like Black
    black and MZ are way better in the Anime meanwhile ft zamas is better in the Manga and present zamas is ok In both versions,the anime gets 2 points and the manga gets 1 points
    Last edited by The gr on Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    Mostly active on discord.

Boo Machine
    I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Boo Machine » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:43 pm

I'm just curious about vegetas new attack. It's been a while since we got one. As far as I remember. I know "new" attacks mostly are just a new name with a different looking beam, but I'm a simple man and I like it.

I wonder if it's something Toyotaro put in himself, or if it's something Toriyama wanted. I'm leaning towards Toyo.
    SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:47 pm

The gr wrote:
    OLKv3 wrote:I thought everything about Zamasu in general was handled much better in the anime. He's a very weak villain in the manga, and this chapter was the first time he truly felt threatening imo. Though by this point it doesn't even really seem like it's him anymore, just like the sky face didn't really feel like him. They had no dialogue so it's like they're fighting his evil personified instead of Zamasu himself
    I hope they explain it well because I didn't like the explanation for how Zamasu was able to fight against the defusion
    This is how I feel, present zamas and ft zamas are the only version are ok in the manga but black is no different than zamas, in the manga,he complains too much and mz is just a brute like Black
    I can see the parallels to the anime too. Manga MZ ripping his shirt and screaming in rage is their version of the awesome SOOON GOOOOKKKU scene in the anime, and the buff MZ is his version of the Hulk MZ of the anime

The difference is, Manga MZ doesn't feel insane. He just seems mad. They even kept the whole "body and soul" line, but it just looks like he's throwing a bratty fit. Anime MZ seemed truly insane at that point. He was contradicting himself, acting like both a brute and a regal god, screaming mad, looking desperate, half of himself was melting. It was an awesome visual and you could see his mind breaking down into total insanity. He actually felt like a fallen god

FortuneSSJ
    Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:50 pm

Zephyr wrote:
    Pannaliciour wrote: If Freeza joining the tournament of power is Toriyama's idea how will Freeza interact with Beerus in the manga in the tournament of power saga? We never saw Beerus with Freeza in the manga ( Rof). So retelling the story isn't crazy.
    There's this movie that came out in 2015, Ruffles none Effu or something. I'm not sure if you heard of it, I swear it happened though!
    Like it or not the anime still had to retell BOG and ROF, because Super takes place before EOZ and not every country got the Movies. There's also the casual fans.
    In order to introduce a new DB series the audience must know what happened before, and start the anime with Champa arc assuming everyone had watched BOG and ROF Movies would be a big mistake. The retellings could have been better, but they are a necessary evil to get everyone updated.
    Last edited by FortuneSSJ on Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

fexus
    Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by fexus » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:52 pm

Zephyr wrote:
    fexus wrote:People need to understand that this hakai technique isn't just some random blast. This technique literally erase the person. No soul no nothing. It's not weird for a GoD to know this because destruction and all but a mortal. Even with god ki, that doesn't mean it should be possible. The kaioshin clearly can't. For example, this week episode in the anime shows that GoD can give the hakai energy. Meaning that the energy is somewhat different. Not just any old ki ball. The hakai energy ki ball.
    You realize that the "God of Destruction" is a job, not a species/race, right? You remember that mortals can become Gods of Destruction, right? That means it's not an inherent ability. That means it can be learned. That means people not born as gods can learn it. You remember that Goku lived with the martial arts master and attendant of a God of Destruction, right? The amount reaching required to take issue with this would leave the original run of the series in complete fucking shambles, if applied there.
    fexus wrote:Saying they can just learn god techniques is like saying Trunks can heal just because he learn with the kaioshin. That sounds stupid as hell.
    Oh, Christ. What's the issue with this one? They're literally expanding on already existing lore (Kibito has healing abilities --> Kaioshin apprentices have healing abilities), to foreshadow a new ability for Trunks to set him apart from the other Saiyans.
    Yes a job. But you don't know how they pick them. You don't know what kind of ritual they go through to be a GoD. We don't know that how they are trained to be a GoD. But we do know that there must be some kind of ritual they must go through as the life of a GoD is tied to their kaioshin. We know that the strongest one won't automatically be the GoD. We know that their angel will be inactive until a new GoD is found. We now know that the hakai energy is apparently different from normal ki energy. As Sidra was shown to give that type of energy.

Because not a kai. Not even a close race to a kai. The only thing magical about saiyans are the transformation. And if GT was canon. They can make magic pants too.
    I ask thou, WHY MUST IT BE ME?
    Your weakness is your strength.
    Are you reading this? If you are, I just want to let you know that I'm a GREAT GUY. :lol:

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:56 pm

Enough.

I hate to basically recycle the the same post from another recent thread, but this is ridiculous. The attitude/tone of the majority of posts since the last chapter started leaking are completely unacceptable. You are acting like children, being condescending, making gross generalizations, and resorting to personal insults.

These are not the type of conversations we want to promote here at Kanzenshuu, and we have better things to do than waste time babysitting them.

You are allowed to have your own opinions, and you are allowed to express them. However, you are also always expected to act like adults and treat each other with respect during discussions on the forum, as outlined in the forum rules (specifically #4). That includes learning to converse or debate with civility and tact.

This is the only free warning for everyone in the thread right now. I suggest re-reading the Forum Rules, which you agreed to (twice) prior to registering here, if you desire to remain a part of this community. As continuing this behavior will either result in Account Strikes being administered or outright temp bans from the entirety of the website, depending on the severity of content. If Kanzenshuu isn't the right fit for you, there are others out there. The fandom is vast.
    Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
    My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Zephyr
    I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:05 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:In order to introduce a new DB series the audience must know what happened before, and start the anime with Champa arc assuming everyone had watched BOG and ROF Movies would be a big mistake. The retellings could have been better, but they are a necessary evil to get everyone updated.
    I think they would have been fine. The same way literally every single fan in existence who didn't start with episode/chapter one of Dragon Ball is fine.
    fexus wrote:Yes a job. But you don't know how they pick them. You don't know what kind of ritual they go through to be a GoD. We don't know that how they are trained to be a GoD. But we do know that there must be some kind of ritual they must go through as the life of a GoD is tied to their kaioshin. We know that the strongest one won't automatically be the GoD. We know that their angel will be inactive until a new GoD is found. We now know that the hakai energy is apparently different from normal ki energy. As Sidra was shown to give that type of energy.
    And, here's the kicker, we don't know that you need to go through whatever ritual there might be in order to use that technique. In fact, we now know that you don't!

Look, if Beerus said "ah yes, this technique that I only learned, and was only able to learn, after taking part in the ritual that bound my life force to the Kaioshin...", and then this happened, I'd begin to start sympathizing with this collective meltdown. But he didn't. That was a collective assumption. An expectation. One that I shared! Expectations and assumptions are allowed to be subverted, though. In fact, subverting expectations is one of the more interesting things about Dragon Ball's writing in general.

Pannaliciour
    OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pannaliciour » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:07 pm

Zephyr wrote:
    Pannaliciour wrote:
    Zephyr wrote: Don't forget Trunks doing a Genki Dama despite having less reason to know of it or how to use it than Goku would this move. Or Black causing his own existence. Or the anime spending 9 hours of screen time retelling 2 already-released films instead of doing proper planning. Or this wonderful music placement.
    So why retelling BOG in the manga if there is a movie?

Cetra
    I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:08 pm

OLKv3 wrote: Lol BS. It took Trunks 3 minutes to not only learn it correctly, but to also aim it correctly. It's an asspull. Get outta here with that "It's ok for the anime to do them but bad for the manga to do them" attitudes
    The double standards here are so annoying
    I never once criticised the manga/anime for something that I did not critcise the respective other for. For me these things are no "asspull" in both versions but simple shounen things that happen all the time in fiction and, no matter how many people with true double-standards want to deny it, also always happened one way or the other in Dragon Ball. I suggest you learn to properly read some posts or look up the definition of double-standard. And calm down. There is a reason why Devil's Corpse makes his posts.
    "Citation needed."
    "too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Kanassa
    Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:10 pm

"There's no way I can just sit there and let you recover!"
    Hey! DragonBall Rules, Goku. You have to let him finish!

I think GOku having the Hhakai makes sense, I just don't like it. Way too much of an OP move for Goku to have.

You know Trunks, maybe your surprise attack would have worked if you you didn't yell "ZAMASU!" before you did it

I know I'm supposed to find the diffusion malfunction disturbing or something, but I can only see it as hilarious.

Oh, Trunks stabbed Black. If I cared about Manga!Trunks this might have almost been a cool moment

"Trunks defeated Black!" OH FUCK OFF, SHIN! Even if Zamasu did die here, Trunks jumped in at the last second, don't act like he was a major contributor here. It sounds like GOku is insulting him. "Yes, Trunks. You saved the Earth. Isn't that cute, Vegeta? He thinks he saved the Earth!"

Goku Black: I'm Gannondorth, BITCH!

So, did Vegeta just do Final Flash with slightly different hand motions?

Yes, Trunks; we get it. Vegeta is a fucking moron.

So, overall? This chapter... Exists. Nothing really happens to change my views from last chapter. Ii still don't care about what's going on it's still drawn well, I'm still hoping for this fight to finally end. Really, this is starting to remind me of when I watched GT where it's doing something worse than be bad; be boring.
    When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
    FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
    - FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

fexus
    Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by fexus » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:28 pm

Zephyr wrote:
    And, here's the kicker, we don't know that you need to go through whatever ritual there might be in order to use that technique. In fact, we now know that you don't!

Look, if Beerus said "ah yes, this technique that I only learned, and was only able to learn, after taking part in the ritual that bound my life force to the Kaioshin...", and then this happened, I'd begin to start sympathizing with this collective meltdown. But he didn't. That was a collective assumption. An expectation. One that I shared! Expectations and assumptions are allowed to be subverted, though. In fact, subverting expectations is one of the more interesting things about Dragon Ball's writing in general.
    A wholly good and logical assumption that the anime haven't subverted yet.

What we know is that every GoD of destruction have that hakai technique or so we thought. We can be slightly sure of that fact because Sidra used the same kind of technique as Beerus does. I think Champa might have tried to do it too or he did but I don't remember. But that's still an assumption because not everyone used the technique. Also with the manga we can also for sure say that this technique can also be learn by normal people. So, doing this not only we just downgrade the hakai technique to a normal technique but we made it not special in anyway to the GoD.
    But the way the anime is going, it still is with the assumption that only a GoD can have the hakai technique. When the dog used the hakai, they can instantly tell that was from a GoD.

Sure subversion could be fun but this clearly shows that this call was all from Toyo not Toriyama and it clearly shows. It isn't a good subversion. It's just a subversion. The only thing that can make this a little bit better is if in the plot outline, Toriyama wrote down that Goku becomes a GoD somewhere. Or you know, he kill Zeno sama and take his power so he can learn the all delete technique. Should be fun.
    I ask thou, WHY MUST IT BE ME?
    Your weakness is your strength.
    Are you reading this? If you are, I just want to let you know that I'm a GREAT GUY. :lol:

Kunzait_83
    I Live Here

Post by Kunzait_83 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:38 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:Like it or not the anime still had to retell BOG and ROF, because Super takes place before EOZ and not every country got the Movies. There's also the casual fans.
    In order to introduce a new DB series the audience must know what happened before, and start the anime with Champa arc assuming everyone had watched BOG and ROF Movies would be a big mistake. The retellings could have been better, but they are a necessary evil to get everyone updated.
    The only reason those movie retelling arcs of Super exist at all is because Toei desperately wanted some new DB material to air on that specific date and Toriyama and the rest of Super's writing staff didn't have anything ready just yet: so they aired TV rehashes of the movies to have something DB to air and pad out time until the Champa stuff was ready. Its also why those episodes specifically have such shitty animation in comparison to the later arcs: they were rushed into production on short notice to meet a last minute deadline and act as pure content filler.

That whole notion of "its for the benefit of casuals/people who didn't see the movies" is complete and utter BS. It makes it out that those movies were some tiny, obscure little limited release that only the hardest of hardcore die hards paid any attention to; and considering how recent they still were and how thoroughly they had dominated all anime-related news and discussion while they were out (far, far beyond just DB fandom), you have to be living on another plane of reality entirely to actually believe that at this point.

Those recap arcs exist as pure padding (clumsily rushed padding no less) to have something with Goku in it airing right after Buu Kai had finished while the ACTUAL new content for Super was still being hammered out. That's literally ALL it comes down to. If Toei had scheduled things better early on, those recap episodes simply would not exist.
    http://80s90sdragonballart.tumblr.com/

Kunzait's Wuxia Thread
    Journey to the West, chapter 26 wrote:The strong man will meet someone stronger still:
    Come to naught at last he surely will!
    Zephyr wrote:And that's to say nothing of how pretty much impossible it is to capture what made the original run of the series so great. I'm in the generation of fans that started with Toonami, so I totally empathize with the feeling of having "missed the party", experiencing disappointment, and wanting to experience it myself. But I can't, that's how life is. Time is a bitch. The party is over. Kageyama, Kikuchi, and Maeda are off the sauce now; Yanami almost OD'd; Yamamoto got arrested; Toriyama's not going to light trash cans on fire and hang from the chandelier anymore. We can't get the band back together, and even if we could, everyone's either old, in poor health, or calmed way the fuck down. Best we're going to get, and are getting, is a party that's almost entirely devoid of the magic that made the original one so awesome that we even want more.
    Kamiccolo9 wrote:It grinds my gears that people get "outraged" over any of this stuff. It's a fucking cartoon. If you are that determined to be angry about something, get off the internet and make a stand for something that actually matters.
    Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:46 pm

This is some of the best art Toyo has ever made

dbgtFO
    Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:54 pm

OLKv3 wrote:This is some of the best art Toyo has ever made
    [spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
    Pretty sure I've seen that in some video game opening or something, or Golden Freeza charging Goku or something in promotional art, not sure, but it looks familiar :think:

Basako
    Advanced Regular

Post by Basako » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:55 pm

Agreed. The whole page has both of them individually too and the previous page the scene from distance. The following Hakai panel is great too. The whole sequence is amazing.
    Heno heno kappa!

ekrolo2
    Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:01 pm

dbgtFO wrote:
    [spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
    Pretty sure I've seen that in some video game opening or something, or Golden Freeza charging Goku or something in promotional art, not sure, but it looks familiar :think:
    He probably copied it from this:
    [spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
    When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):