"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by miguelnuva1 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:15 pm

Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:11 pm If a fusion happens I'd rather it be of one the B tier fighters, like Gohan, 17-18 or maybe Piccolo. Goku and Vegeta legit just fused into Gogeta and I can't see Vegito showing up. He just had a spot in the light during Zamasu's final showdown. The B tier aren't going to be of much assistance, I'd rather they be able to do something instead of just standing in the sidelines, potentially being at risk of getting killed due to Moro being stronger than them. I say they make new fusions instead of rehearsing the old ones on the hero's side.
Gogeta just appeared in the Heroes Anime and in the Super Movie. Even though he's been used a lot it would be synergy for him to pop up, almost like back when Nintendo did the year of Luigi, this could wrap up the Year of Gogeta.(I know it's been over a year since Broly.)

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:25 pm

I guess Moro will grab someone's neck, otherwise having him fuse with 7-3 instead of just absorbing his power would be stupid. If they changed his design, they better do it for a good reason.

-If he grabs Goku and gets acces to Sign, then how could SSBE Vegeta fight that? Beerus would have to step in.

-If he grabs Vegeta then only silver Goku or Beerus can respond.

-If he grabs Beerus, then only Merus can respond. Or MUI and SSBE fighting together.

Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:32 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:25 pm I guess Moro will grab someone's neck, otherwise having him fuse with 7-3 instead of just absorbing his power would be stupid. If they changed his design, they better do it for a good reason.

-If he grabs Goku and gets acces to Sign, then how could SSBE Vegeta fight that? Beerus would have to step in.

-If he grabs Beerus, then only Merus can respond. Or MUI and SSBE fighting together.
Will Beerus ALLOW Moro to grab his neck? Because lets be honest here, any attempt to take Beerus's neck should honestly result in Beerus beating Moro to death for daring to touch him. What's stopping Beerus from hakaing Moro if he's annoyed? Nothing much, unless Moro knows some magic that can reverse or render it null, which I have doubts he would.
The Dorkie and Ditzy member of the Trio! I'm as cute and as airheaded as you can get!

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:37 pm

I doubt he'd grab Beerus. The only advantage to doing so at Moro's current level of power is Hakai.

I see three options.

Moro grabbing Goku, making it a battle against Moro who could also use Ultra Instinct now (or possibly just Sign, which would require Goku unlocking Ultra Instinct proper.)

Moro grabbing Vegeta, leading to him copying Spirit Fission. If this happens, I think we'll get Gogeta popping up, and Moro undoing it.

Moro grabbing Gogeta. This would lead to Moro copying both Spirit Fission and possibly Ultra Instinct (Sign) as well, leading to Moro undoing the fusion, and forcing it into Goku/Vegeta vs Gogeta.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:43 pm

Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:32 pmLets be honest here, any attempt to take Beerus's neck should honestly result in Beerus beating Moro to death for daring to touch him.
Beerus will probably do worse if he just looks at him wrong, much less say anything or god forbid be stupid enough to attack him.

Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:54 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:43 pm
Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:32 pmLets be honest here, any attempt to take Beerus's neck should honestly result in Beerus beating Moro to death for daring to touch him.
Beerus will probably do worse if he just looks at him wrong, much less say anything or god forbid be stupid enough to attack him.
Moro attempts to grab Beerus's neck to steal his powers.

Beerus : What the actual hells do you think you're DOING!? Are you trying to grab my neck to steal MY moveset? Hmph, pathetic. You think you can handle a GOD OF DESTRUCTION? You're more foolish than Goku. Such insolent behavior, prepare to be destroyed, planet eating scum.

Yeah, lets be real here. Moro would die and the other Z fighters be watching in terror as Beerus pretty much beats him to death to the point it makes Zamasu's erasure look merciful. He'd probably beat Moro within an inch of his life before hakaing him out of existence.
Last edited by Femme Fatale Kikaza on Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Dorkie and Ditzy member of the Trio! I'm as cute and as airheaded as you can get!

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:56 pm

Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:32 pm
Koitsukai wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:25 pm I guess Moro will grab someone's neck, otherwise having him fuse with 7-3 instead of just absorbing his power would be stupid. If they changed his design, they better do it for a good reason.

Will Beerus ALLOW Moro to grab his neck? Because lets be honest here, any attempt to take Beerus's neck should honestly result in Beerus beating Moro to death for daring to touch him. What's stopping Beerus from hakaing Moro if he's annoyed? Nothing much, unless Moro knows some magic that can reverse or render it null, which I have doubts he would.
Hakai aside, I don't see Moro7-3(he needs a proper official name) being that far from Beerus. Moro was already easily overpowering Sign and SSBE. Sign at the ToP was at least low hakaishin level, he was giving Jiren trouble. This Sign should be way ahead of that, and so should Moro who took him out in a minute. 7Moro3 should be above FPSS Broly who probably was stronger than Beerus, or at least a match for Beerus.

Although, as of now, Moro shouldn't need to grab anyone, what for? he is a walking stomp and the guys are depleted. Perhaps he is still not a match for Beerus (hope they don't retcon this again) and needs a neck to fight him. Assuming Beerus shows up.

DiscountDabi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DiscountDabi » Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:09 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:56 pm Although, as of now, Moro shouldn't need to grab anyone, what for? he is a walking stomp and the guys are depleted. Perhaps he is still not a match for Beerus (hope they don't retcon this again) and needs a neck to fight him. Assuming Beerus shows up.
Well Story Wise. He already just lost to Vegeta’s Technique. Given how the same thing happened towards the start of the arc with the Grand Supreme Kai’s Technique, Having Vegeta’s Technique at this point would be nothing but beneficial.

And Narratively wise, It would make 0 sense for him not to use this ability now that he can. There would be zero reason for him to have absorbed him if he didn’t want his ability. He mentioned earlier how useful copying was back on Saganbo’s Ship months earlier, so he definitely was interested in it. So him having it and not using it would be quite strange.

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:22 pm

Dragon Wukong wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:37 pm I doubt he'd grab Beerus. The only advantage to doing so at Moro's current level of power is Hakai.

I see three options.

Moro grabbing Goku, making it a battle against Moro who could also use Ultra Instinct now (or possibly just Sign, which would require Goku unlocking Ultra Instinct proper.)

Moro grabbing Vegeta, leading to him copying Spirit Fission. If this happens, I think we'll get Gogeta popping up, and Moro undoing it.

Moro grabbing Gogeta. This would lead to Moro copying both Spirit Fission and possibly Ultra Instinct (Sign) as well, leading to Moro undoing the fusion, and forcing it into Goku/Vegeta vs Gogeta.
Ya'll forget the possibility of him grabbing Merus which would then require the combined strength of UI Sign Goku and SSBE Vegeta

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:28 pm

Noitsnothim wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:22 pm Ya'll forget the possibility of him grabbing Merus which would then require the combined strength of UI Sign Goku and SSBE Vegeta
Well no, I don't see Merus getting involved at all. For one, his full power is implied to be somewhere on Goku's level (though likely with just the ability to keep Ultra Instinct proper up.) So if Moro grabbed him, it'd just be like if he grabbed Goku. Moro Ultra Instinct. Secondly, Whis has Merus on a leash now. Orders from the Grand Priest. I doubt he's going to be involved in the fight now.

Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:29 pm

Noitsnothim wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:22 pm
Dragon Wukong wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:37 pm I doubt he'd grab Beerus. The only advantage to doing so at Moro's current level of power is Hakai.

I see three options.

Ya'll forget the possibility of him grabbing Merus which would then require the combined strength of UI Sign Goku and SSBE Vegeta
Pretty sure if Moro tried to grab Merus he'd be dead. Grabbing anyone angel tier should result in instant death or instant dodge. Merus would legit slide past him. He's faster and stronger, Moro wouldn't get the chance to pull that nonsense. Merus is angel tier, even if he's at the lower end he could legit kick Moro and he'd die.

I'm pretty Beerus would intervene before Merus even can get close to Moro or feel inclined to get intervene. Getting his hands on Beerus seems more likely than Merus, and even then, Beerus would slaughter him and beat him within an inch of his life before doing a 'hakai'.

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:45 pm

Dragon Wukong wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:28 pm Well no, I don't see Merus getting involved at all. For one, his full power is implied to be somewhere on Goku's level (though likely with just the ability to keep Ultra Instinct proper up.) So if Moro grabbed him, it'd just be like if he grabbed Goku. Moro Ultra Instinct. Secondly, Whis has Merus on a leash now. Orders from the Grand Priest. I doubt he's going to be involved in the fight now.
Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:29 pm Pretty sure if Moro tried to grab Merus he'd be dead. Grabbing anyone angel tier should result in instant death or instant dodge. Merus would legit slide past him. He's faster and stronger, Moro wouldn't get the chance to pull that nonsense. Merus is angel tier, even if he's at the lower end he could legit kick Moro and he'd die.

I'm pretty Beerus would intervene before Merus even can get close to Moro or feel inclined to get intervene. Getting his hands on Beerus seems more likely than Merus, and even then, Beerus would slaughter him and beat him within an inch of his life before doing a 'hakai'.
Not saying you're wrong, but I do find it funny how two responses can have just vastly different opinions for why it wouldn't happen.

Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:26 pm

How would Merus get involved while Whis is watching him anyway? Unless Moro teleports to Whis, Merus and Beerus when they get to Earth, grabs Merus(Lets be real here, Merus will dodge or Beerus will break his fist and or Whis will move Merus out of the way before he can try it. We all know trying to grab Whis or Merus wouldn't work for obvious reasons) and use his power? Even then, its only for thirty minutes, Beerus at that point would need to get involved.

Trying to grab Beerus would result in instant death. Beerus will lose his shit and basically go full on rage mode. He'll beat Moro to death in sheer rage for having the nerve to grab him. What's he gonna do? Hakai the destroyer god? I'll be impressed if Moro got that far before Beerus beat him to a bloody pulp.

Whis is also trying to avoid the Grand Priest giving him the side eye, if Merus dies on his watch the Grand Priest is gonna be looking at him like he's a massive idiot. He'd look like an irresponsible moron. Whis has fifty problems, Merus dying would pretty much extend the list drastically. Whis is hoping that Moro can dealt with and that someone will do something about it.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:46 pm

Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:26 pm How would Merus get involved while Whis is watching him anyway? Unless Moro teleports to Whis, Merus and Beerus when they get to Earth, grabs Merus(Lets be real here, Merus will dodge or Beerus will break his fist and or Whis will move Merus out of the way before he can try it. We all know trying to grab Whis or Merus wouldn't work for obvious reasons) and use his power? Even then, its only for thirty minutes, Beerus at that point would need to get involved.

Trying to grab Beerus would result in instant death. Beerus will lose his shit and basically go full on rage mode. He'll beat Moro to death in sheer rage for having the nerve to grab him. What's he gonna do? Hakai the destroyer god? I'll be impressed if Moro got that far before Beerus beat him to a bloody pulp.

Whis is also trying to avoid the Grand Priest giving him the side eye, if Merus dies on his watch the Grand Priest is gonna be looking at him like he's a massive idiot. He'd look like an irresponsible moron. Whis has fifty problems, Merus dying would pretty much extend the list drastically. Whis is hoping that Moro can dealt with and that someone will do something about it.
Beerus can not win as easily as you think unless his power has increased again. Once you go into UI levels of power Beerus would have to put work on.

The way Moro Battle UI Sign while I think Beerus would have an advantage I also think Beerus would have to fight and wear down Moro.

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:46 am

Does the chapter come out this weekend?

It's been 4 weeks

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:03 pm

Peach wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:46 am Does the chapter come out this weekend?

It's been 4 weeks
Next week. Draft leaks are today.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:34 pm

It's been 4 weeks
Well, it's been 3 weeks and a bit. Anyway, drafts for chapter 62 are gonna be posted (not leaked, but officially posted on dragonball.news) before too long. It should be sometime tomorrow if the usual pattern holds. And one week after that, the moment it becomes July 21st in Japan, the full chapter will be released.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:23 pm

Alruneia wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:34 pm

It's been 4 weeks
Well, it's been 3 weeks and a bit. Anyway, drafts for chapter 62 are gonna be posted (not leaked, but officially posted on dragonball.news) before too long. It should be sometime tomorrow if the usual pattern holds. And one week after that, the moment it becomes July 21st in Japan, the full chapter will be released.
Looks like they're a bit earlier than expected. Here's the drafts: https://dragonball.news/news/n200713005.html
For the sake of spoilers and since this is all incomplete, I'm just gonna not say anything about them.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:25 pm

Looms like Vegeta got his neck grabbed. Well that's gonna be a problem. Not sure how they're gonna deal with that.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:10 am

Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:25 pm Looms like Vegeta got his neck grabbed. Well that's gonna be a problem. Not sure how they're gonna deal with that.
No one will be able to fuse, but considering none of the heroes stole anyone's energy, won't Vegeta's ability not work on them ?