"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:59 pm

Perhaps it's a bit early for us to speculate.

The upcoming chapter will establish Moro's ultimate power. Unrivaled.

One will stand up against him, and the chapter after that will be mostly dialogue and battle?

The one after will probably be when a plan has been formed

And the 2 next will get this over with.

People, myself included, believe that this will go on until late Autumn.
P O W E R

DBZ Macky
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ Macky » Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:00 pm

experted_luke wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:50 pm This is actually stupid. I can't see Merus doing any damage to Moro, unless he's just going to dodge everything and try and pin him, while Vegeta uses Spirit Fission, but Vegeta is knocked out, and that still leaves Merus with the damage problem
Stupid perhaps, but Merus could heal Goku for starters, and with Vegeta's help, they might be able to pull a W.
I'm interested in seeing how this goes, it seems like a rehash of the Zamasu arc ending with outside interference, but not nearly as bad.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:You're in the DB community, it's always a power level thread to someone.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:02 pm

Give Buu a new form lol

Imagine Buu absorbing Moro :lol: :wtf:
P O W E R

ShaggyBlanco
Beyond Newbie

Post by ShaggyBlanco » Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:05 pm

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:02 pm Give Buu a new form lol

What if he absorbed Merus?

pepd
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by pepd » Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:08 pm

If he does, Vegeta could then just separate him into Buu, DaiKaiōshin, Molo and 7-3

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:08 pm

ShaggyBlanco wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:05 pm

What if he absorbed Merus?
Problem solved! Now we don't have to worry about Merus breaking angel law, because it's "not him" doing it! :lol:

I do wish Buu would really be involved in the climax of the arc in some way, though. The whole arc started with Buu getting kidnapped for his powers, so I feel it'd only be appropriate to have him be there at the end too.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:17 pm

Goku, Vegeta, Daikaioshin and Fit Buu (if Vegeta splits the 2) vs Moro. I would love to see that actually. A brawl. Better than the one against Jiren.
P O W E R

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:19 pm

My theory is that Merus will be forced to use his Angel powers for one big attack which will damage Moro a lot and then he will be immediately teleported away by Whis like he did when he was in the Room of Time.

Vegeta will get up from the Big Bang Attack he took and he will be the one to finish Moro.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

DiscountDabi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DiscountDabi » Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:29 pm

I understand that people don’t want Merus to be involved , but I don’t understand the people who want Beerus to come instead. Unless I missed something, Beerus asking Whis for food had pretty much zero hints at him going to earth. He just wanted food. Dragon Ball doesn’t do stuff like that. If they do a chekovs gun its much more blatant (such as mentioning the consequences for an Angel breaking the rules.)

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:35 pm

emperior wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:19 pm My theory is that Merus will be forced to use his Angel powers for one big attack which will damage Moro a lot and then he will be immediately teleported away by Whis like he did when he was in the Room of Time.

Vegeta will get up from the Big Bang Attack he took and he will be the one to finish Moro.
If Moro isn't killed, would that still count as breaking the angle rules ? I think he and Whis could work something out with the grand priest. In terms of the Z fighters, Vegeta definitely is the most likely to get involved again, as it seems like Goku and Piccolo are on death's door at this point.
DiscountDabi wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:29 pm I understand that people don’t want Merus to be involved , but I don’t understand the people who want Beerus to come instead.
It's not an issue of him getting involved, which is fine, we don't want him to be the ultimate hero of the arc, he hasn't earned that. In terms of Beerus, his full power has been teased since BOG, so it'd be nice to finally see it.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:44 pm

It would also be funny if Jaco actually is the one to finish off Moro once Merus does his thing.

Highly unprobable though. But I would love it.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:59 pm

One has to wonder how much better things would've turned out if Mr. Satan was there.

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:16 pm

The confident smirk gives me life

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:21 pm

I can see a situation where Moro73 copies Merus' abilities

Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:22 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:59 pm
One has to wonder how much better things would've turned out if Mr. Satan was there.
Aw poor Jaco, he's fucked.
The Dorkie and Ditzy member of the Trio! I'm as cute and as airheaded as you can get!

Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:28 pm

What the hell is Whis doing? Did Whis just forget he's NOT supposed to allow Merus into the battlefield? This is stupid, we haven't even seen Beerus's full power yet, let Moro try his might with him, not Merus.
The Dorkie and Ditzy member of the Trio! I'm as cute and as airheaded as you can get!

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:36 pm

Merus isn't breaking any angel laws as long as he uses Galactic patrol weaponry and basic tactics.

Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:36 pm

experted_luke wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:57 pm
Matches Malone wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:55 pm
experted_luke wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:50 pmUniverse 7 could be at risk for erasure because of this, and Beerus not intervening at all does not seem realistic to the situation.
That's because it isn't realistic. A good number of writers will have certain characters act in ways they wouldn't normally in order to prop up other (mostly new) characters. I hope that's not the case here, but it seems like that's where things are going.
Yeah, I understand that, but Merus instead of Beerus? Man, that sucks.
Same. What the hell is Beerus doing!? This is his fucking job anyway, what the hell he is doing? Even if Beerus gave fuck all about the Z fighters, Earth is going to be destroyed at this rate, meaning no fucking food for him to eat. Even if he was that much of a selfish dick, Beerus should be smart enough to realize that Moro is now a threat to HIS destroyer position. Why is Merus inteverning, when it should be Beerus doing his damn job? Moro's planet eating has literally killed off most populations in the universe, Beerus not stepping in is downright stupid.

Besides, where is Beerus going to eat anyway? There probably aren't any planets with life on them given Moro's rampage, where the hell is he?

Also, what is WHIS doing? Did he just fucking forget what the Grand Priest said? Is Whis dumb? Did he just let Merus out of his sight? Why the hell is Merus on Earth? Whis is going to be held responsible for Merus dying, you'd think Whis would be a bit more stern about this. He quite literally went through hoops trying to keep Merus alive, did Whis hit his head or something?

Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:37 pm

Miracles wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:36 pm Merus isn't breaking any angel laws as long as he uses Galactic patrol weaponry and basic tactics.
What's he planning on doing? Trying to distract Moro with his weak weaponry? Moro isn't going to be effected by this, at best Merus can basically run past him at high speed, he can't damage him with his weak weapons.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:40 pm

Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:36 pmAlso, what is WHIS doing? Did he just fucking forget what the Grand Priest said? Is Whis dumb? Did he just let Merus out of his sight? Why the hell is Merus on Earth? Whis is going to be held responsible for Merus dying, you'd think Whis would be a bit more stern about this. He quite literally went through hoops trying to keep Merus alive, did Whis hit his head or something?
This whole thing might be part of Whis' plan. While Merus is distracting him without using his angle powers, Whis can heal Vegeta, who can surprise Moro and separate him and 7-3. I could be wrong(I probably am), but there's no way Whis isn't in on this.