"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Re: Super's manga by Toyotarō

Post by SansrivaaL » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:09 pm

I'm wondering how Goku V Hit will happen seeing as its kinda hyped they're the main rivals here (at least thats how I see it, they even made a poster of Goku with Hit on his back)
If Hit is the last fighter for U6 Team then I dont see Goku reaching him
or if Hit is next after Botamo is defeated then will Hit lose against either Piccolo or Vegeta? a bit anti climatic lol.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:17 pm

Draconic wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:
Draconic wrote: The marketing is focusing on Goku too and he isn't the captain.
Goku's the main character though, there is no way they'd put the marketing focus on Monaka.
It is kinda weird Hit is promoted alongside Goku, yet Toei calls it the Champa arc.
"Universal Tournament Arc" probably would have been the best name for it honestly.
SansrivaaL wrote:I'm wondering how Goku V Hit will happen seeing as its kinda hyped they're the main rivals here (at least thats how I see it, they even made a poster of Goku with Hit on his back)
or if Hit is next after Botamo is defeated then will Hit lose against either Piccolo or Vegeta? a bit anti climatic lol.
Simple, Goku tags out until the final battle after Botamo. I can't remember if the team captain losing means the whole team loses or if that was just an assumption, but either way I feel like Hit is going to beat Monaka and then we'll get Goku VS Hit, either as part of the tournament or as a "real" battle after Hit reveals his evil intentions.
Last edited by ArchedThunder on Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DainIronfoot
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DainIronfoot » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:17 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:I'm wondering how Goku V Hit will happen seeing as its kinda hyped they're the main rivals here (at least thats how I see it, they even made a poster of Goku with Hit on his back)
I'm guessing after Goku beats Botamo, he tags out for Piccolo who then faces Magetta. Piccolo wins and then faces Frost. Piccolo loses to Frost, Vegeta steps in and beats Frost. Cabba steps in and loses to Vegeta as well, Hit comes in and beats Vegeta. Goku steps in and is somewhat tied with Hit but loses the fight. Beerus is happy at this point because he thinks since Hit and Goku were "tied" as well as he's under the impression that Monaka is stronger, he sends Monaka last to fight Hit. Surprise twist occurs (Toriyama style), Monaka isn't as strong as he used to be and loses to Hit...Uni 6 wins.

DI297
Beyond Newbie

Post by DI297 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:21 pm

I wonder if that evolution bs with u6 saiyans also changed their transformations and instead of having the same ssj forms they got something different

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:23 pm

DI297 wrote:I wonder if that evolution bs with u6 saiyans also changed their transformations and instead of having the same ssj forms they got something different
Maybe because the U6 Saiyans are good Super Saiyan Blue is actually somewhat common, not like everyone has it, but all of the top Saiyan warriors do. Unique transformations would also be cool though.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:24 pm

I also think U6 is going to win. Earths will get swapped and then who knows, something will happen.

About Kyabe, I think maybe it's a SHE. Pink armor, Gine like eyes and eyebrows, not muscular and short. Definitely not a teenage kid if pure Saiyan.
I still hope we will see Goku and Vegeta's counterparts when/if they ever visit Salad. Imo U6 Saiyan sent one of their strongest but not the strongest warrior. Maybe Kyabe is Saiyan princess, but I've always seen Saiyan males as better fighters.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:27 pm

The idea that End of Z may have taken place in Universe 6 is so crazy to me and I love it. It works so well too, none of the characters that don't live on Earth even showed up. I do kinda hope that Universe 7 loses because then we have a whole new Universe for stories after End of Z.

Basaku
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Basaku » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:29 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:The idea that End of Z may have taken place in Universe 6 is so crazy to me and I love it. It works so well too, none of the characters that don't live on Earth even showed up. I do kinda hope that Universe 7 loses because then we have a whole new Universe for stories after End of Z.
It opens up a lot of oppurtunities while still keeping Earth, iconic races and everything else intact (well, except GT lol). Pretty much the perfect excuse for another 300 episodes.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:31 pm

Goku may not even fight Hit in the tournament, but later. The arc goes on, and he may be a villain.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:47 pm

Wait... they can tag out? I thought this was like a Baba tournament with only changing the fighter if they lose.

phattangent
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by phattangent » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:08 pm

Basaku wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:The idea that End of Z may have taken place in Universe 6 is so crazy to me and I love it. It works so well too, none of the characters that don't live on Earth even showed up. I do kinda hope that Universe 7 loses because then we have a whole new Universe for stories after End of Z.
It opens up a lot of oppurtunities while still keeping Earth, iconic races and everything else intact (well, except GT lol). Pretty much the perfect excuse for another 300 episodes.
That combined with all of the world building that occurred in this chapter definitely makes this idea look promising.
ドラゴンボール超と言うアニメを見ています。あの、日本語が分かりますか?話しましょう!
ザマスに就いて、全王は合体ザマスより大なりです!

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:11 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:Wait... they can tag out? I thought this was like a Baba tournament with only changing the fighter if they lose.
I don't think they can. Goku words this chapter also support this, saying he might be enough to win it all.

I'm kinda excited to see Goku lose, not that I have anything against him, just curious how it will turn out. His defeat at Golden's Freeza (Sorbet) hands left a bad taste in my mouth.

The little fight this chapter was pretty good. I loved how it highlighted Goku's superiority, by having him still and smiling, while Botamo was being thrown around.

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:13 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:Wait... they can tag out? I thought this was like a Baba tournament with only changing the fighter if they lose.
I think it'd be more like playing HORSE. Except you only get one try. So, say, Goku beats Botamo, Botamo is out and Goku goes to the back of the line for his team. Then say, Piccolo fights Frost, Piccolo loses, Piccolo is out and Frost goes to that of the line for his team to fight again. And so on and so forth until one team runs out of fighters.
Except it still wouldn't make sense since it's supposed to lead into GT and I have more of a feeling Beerus would rather nuke the Earth than trade it with Champa's dead one. I don't feel U7 team will lose, but I do feel Champa will try and cheat or do something to interfere with or interrupt the tournament, or try and make his wish while they're all fighting, or run off to U7 to wreck things for Beerus when it looks like his U6 team will lose.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player
PSN ID: ReiKai_Onimusha
Main Character: Zelvin
Race: Frost Demon
"In space, no one can hear you scream. But you still make one ugly face."

Shin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Shin » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:20 pm

Zelvin wrote:
Except it still wouldn't make sense since it's supposed to lead into GT and I have more of a feeling Beerus would rather nuke the Earth than trade it with Champa's dead one. I don't feel U7 team will lose, but I do feel Champa will try and cheat or do something to interfere with or interrupt the tournament, or try and make his wish while they're all fighting, or run off to U7 to wreck things for Beerus when it looks like his U6 team will lose.
I hate to break it to you but... GT is dead man.
Dragon Ball /Z/GT/Super is a children's show and there's nothing wrong with that.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:20 pm

Zelvin wrote:
End of Z isn't "supposed" lead into GT, Toei just did their own continuation of Z after the End of Z. GT has probably less than zero influence of the decisions Toriyama is making for the franchise right now.
Last edited by ArchedThunder on Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

phattangent
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by phattangent » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:20 pm

Zelvin wrote:[...] I don't feel U7 team will lose, but I do feel Champa will try and cheat or do something to interfere with or interrupt the tournament [...]
Yeah, that sneaky Champa will definitely do something to interfere. You can just feel it in the way he smiles.
ドラゴンボール超と言うアニメを見ています。あの、日本語が分かりますか?話しましょう!
ザマスに就いて、全王は合体ザマスより大なりです!

Retan
Advanced Regular

Post by Retan » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:23 pm

So was Beerus ticked at Vegeta for creating the test, it kinda looked like it but I couldn't read it.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:29 pm

I think goku wins 1 fight, then piccolo wins 2, vegeta wins 1 and then monaka faces the last guy but the fight does not finish

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:58 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:
Doctor. wrote:
fadeddreams5 wrote:I have a gut feeling that universe 7 is going to lose this tournament... until Gohan shows up at the last minute and mentions the team needs a 5th fighter.

It's not even something I'm crossing my fingers for. I really see this happening. Seems... predictable enough.
Awfully optimistic considering Gohan has no way of getting to the tournament on time.
My guess would be Kibito using Kai Kai to get him there. Even then I doubt that's gonna happen at all. I also thought at least they'd try to get someone from the audience to join their team.
He'll arrive at the tournament as the next SSJ Blue and win the deciding match and be later involved in the plot ongoing. That's the route I hope they go through with. If not, oh well.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:08 pm

Ok this is my theory of what happened on planet Salad all those years ago based on what we know.

At some point in the history of the saiyans a great divide occurred amongst them which led lead to the creation of two rival factions and civil war. The split was one of ideology, the good saiyans were noble, honorable warriors while the evils saiyans were blood thirsty barbarians.

To make matters worse among the evils saiyans was a powerful warrior unlike any who had come before. A being they called a Super Saiyan who was much stronger then others of his kind and was able to unlock a terrifying power in his Oozaru form. His power gave the evil saiyans a great advantage over the good ones and in time it looked like they would win the great war. In a last ditch effort to stop their evil kin the good saiyans discovered or created a ritual that would allow them to create a savior, a Super Saiyan God.

Universe 7 Outcome: While the Super Saiyan God's power allowed him to easily over come the evil saiyan forces the forms time limit ran out and he was killed by the Super Saiyan. However the victory was short lived, the Super Saiyan had no control over himself or his incredible power while transformed. Lost in his animal rage he destroyed planet Salad. Despite this some of the evil saiyans survived and traveled to planet Plant. In time they would kill off the natives of that world, the Tuffles, and rename it Planet Vegeta. The rest of this dark history we already know.

Universe 6 Outcome: The Super Saiyan God defeated the evil saiyan and lead his people into a gold age of prosperity and the saiyans became known as the greatest warriors in the universe because of their deeds of heroism rather then savagery.

Its possible that their may have been a genetic difference between the good and bad saiyans which lead to them ether loosing or keeping their tails in their respective universes.
Last edited by Lord Frieza on Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.