"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Super's manga by Toyotarō

Post by FortuneSSJ » Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:47 pm

Thanks for the translation, Herms!
Herms wrote: Vegeta: “But I won’t hold back in the ring.”
Cabba: “Me either.”
The fight I want to see the most. Rooting for a Double KO.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:53 pm

Just realized that universe 7 is the "evil" universe, not universe 6 like everyone was speculating. That's funny.

Retan
Advanced Regular

Post by Retan » Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:01 pm

Doctor. wrote:Just realized that universe 7 is the "evil" universe, not universe 6 like everyone was speculating. That's funny.

Which is funnier when you consider that in the Christian/Jewish faith 7 is the perfect # and 6 is considered evil or absolutely imperfect. :lol:

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:09 pm

I could be completely wrong, but I don't think it's the regular 6 that's the "bad" number. That's "666", I think.

What struck me first was the number 13 is made when you add any of the twin universes together. Some hotels and buildings purposely don't have a 13th floor.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Retan
Advanced Regular

Post by Retan » Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:14 pm

666 is the # of the antichrist, but each 6 is supposed to represent the Devil the antichrist and the false prophet.

Retan
Advanced Regular

Post by Retan » Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:29 pm

Then again just looked it up Chuquita and you might be right as some consider it a perfect number, but actually I think it supposed to be the almost perfect # but falls just short of being the number 7. Anyway I doubt Toriyama has a clue about any of this.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:54 pm

Number knowledge like that isn't really in my wheelhouse; I'm not an expert at that by any means. ^^;

I agree that it's something Toriyama wasn't likely thinking about either.

If I had to guess why DB is in Uni 7, I think it's because he figured "7 dragon balls, universe 7" because that'd be easy to remember
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Basaku
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Basaku » Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:55 pm

Thx for translation Herms! Based on last Chapter I'm really doubting any of the four U7 or five U6 fighters will go 'unused'. Or maybe I'm just hoping Toei/Toriyama finally lets non-Goku/Vegeta characters to have multiple episodes focusing on them (Piccolo, Monaka etc).

What I wonder most at this point is what happens during/after the final match. Predicting it will start with Hit vs Monaka but then it could go any direction. Monaka could lose, Earth gets swapped to U6 and the arc ends with next one having little-to-none to do with Gods of Destruction theme. Or Monaka could win, Champa gets pissed and massive battle arc follows with everyone against everyone. Or Monaka gets a stomachache and Goku has to replace him, or Boo after test redo, or last-minute surprise Gohan.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:55 pm

emperior wrote:Maybe Champa's team gets badly overpowered by Goku alone and he decides to flee away with the Super Dragon Balls.
Ha. That's another possibility, that I haven't thought about and it makes good sense actually and justifies why the gang will have to travel to Universe 6, as per Toriyama's comment all the way back in July.
Then we can have the gang exploring Universe 6 and meeting Caba and the Saiyans on planet Salada and having adventures. This could take up the biggest part of the arc.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:59 pm

Doctor. wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:Wait there's no switching out at all?....Well Piccolo's probably fucked. I can't see him beating someone Goku can't.
Goku's opponent can get tired from his fight, only narrowly winning, and then Piccolo can come in and finish him off. In other words, a pity kill.

I think Goku will lose the first match, Botamo will either catch him off-guard or cheat. There's my bold prediction. Or Toriyama can go the boring route and do the "Botamo transforms, overwhelms Goku, then Goku transforms and wins" option, which is very predictable.
That's about the absolute best case I can see for him. I hope I'm wrong and there is switching out.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Low Tone G
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Low Tone G » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:01 pm

dbgtFO wrote:
emperior wrote:Maybe Champa's team gets badly overpowered by Goku alone and he decides to flee away with the Super Dragon Balls.
Ha. That's another possibility, that I haven't thought about and it makes good sense actually and justifies why the gang will have to travel to Universe 6, as per Toriyama's comment all the way back in July.
Then we can have the gang exploring Universe 6 and meeting Caba and the Saiyans on planet Salada and having adventures. This could take up the biggest part of the arc.

Could have Champa been that wrong?
English is not my first language!
I'm still waiting for Dragon Ball in Super...

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:03 pm

Come to think of it. Do you guys think the manga is gonna move faster next month? What i mean by that is do you think they will show at least 2 fights or more? Because think about it. The manga's gotta stay ahead of the anime right? And since next episode is already the start of the Champa Arc. I figure about 4 episodes the tournamount's at least gotta start. So i think it would only be right if all the fights would go a lot faster from now on in the manga.
(In order to stay ahead of the anime)
And i would personally prefer it, for the fights to be much shorter in the manga (so we can get to the next fight as soon as possible and already know the outcome) since it's nothing more than a promotional tool in order to get peope hyped for what's to come in the anime.

What do you guys think?

Kagari
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kagari » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:15 pm

Thank you for the translation, Herms.

Interesting to note it wasn't sad if they could sub in a 5th person due to Buu's failure or not. I suspect the anime will address this in more detail.

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta
Advanced Regular

Post by LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:27 pm

Kagari wrote:Thank you for the translation, Herms.

Interesting to note it wasn't sad if they could sub in a 5th person due to Buu's failure or not. I suspect the anime will address this in more detail.

I think gohan will be the 5th. Super's manga and anime suggested he will improve. What with the training along with vegeta's comment of his potential.
Any post before 8/7/2016 isn't mine. This account was a gift from someone who thought the account was already banned. Saved me the trouble of making a new one haha XD

I love DB/DBZ/DBGT/DBZK/DBS (If I didn't why would I be here? XD)

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:35 pm

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta wrote:

I think gohan will be the 5th. Super's manga and anime suggested he will improve. What with the training along with vegeta's comment of his potential.
Manga Goku & Videl imply that he doesn't seem hot on fighting or training but the manga has done a fair few things different so this could just be yet another diverging point from the anime.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta
Advanced Regular

Post by LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:46 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta wrote:

Manga Goku & Videl imply that he doesn't seem hot on fighting or training but the manga has done a fair few things different so this could just be yet another diverging point from the anime.

Yeah that's true...he didn't come to the tournament. But in the anime he started training again. Maybe he's putting his job first? IDK.
Any post before 8/7/2016 isn't mine. This account was a gift from someone who thought the account was already banned. Saved me the trouble of making a new one haha XD

Kagari
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kagari » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:46 pm

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta wrote:

That's my thought as well based on what the anime is doing along with Vegeta's quote in the manga and his lack of participation in the audience.

Fans were right about Buu failing and Gohan's defeat against Freeza leading him to reconsider training again so it will be interesting to see if they're right about this.

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta
Advanced Regular

Post by LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:48 pm

Kagari wrote:
LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta wrote:

That's my thought as well based on what the anime is doing along with Vegeta's quote in the manga and his lack of participation in the audience.

Fans were right about Buu failing and Gohan's defeat against Freeza leading him to reconsider training again so it will be interesting to see if they're right about this.

What'd be crazy (and awesome) is if Gohan sees the new form Kabe has and gets that new form instead of going down the god route. Just a theory.

divad86

Post by divad86 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:55 pm

It's interesting on how U7 is the "evil universe". If Goku didn't hit his head as a kid it really would be the evil universe. I wonder if that will be a big plot point if Super goes past the Champa Arc? Goku hitting his head and converting his rivals to good guys caused an imbalance in the universes and it must be fixed by some means.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:57 pm

I bet Hit is the only evil member in the U6 team. Everyone else is good.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/