What do you hope for in Super's main antagonist?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Flame Dragon
Regular

Re: What do you hope for in Super's main antagonist?

Post by Flame Dragon » Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:20 am

Personally i want someone like Madara/Aizen. Someone that keeps trolling the main cast in a calm/collected way.

Araki
Advanced Regular

Post by Araki » Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:51 am

I want someone smart and with a goal. So i'd say 3 and 5, as i think it's important if he has strong followers so more characters have something to do.

An interesting design helps a lot, too. I hope Toriyama comes up with his A-game, except for Beerus and Whis his Dragon Quest designs look a lot more inspired than his other recent DB antagonists.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:13 am

Araki wrote:I want someone smart and with a goal. So i'd say 3 and 5, as i think it's important if he has strong followers so more characters have something to do.

An interesting design helps a lot, too. I hope Toriyama comes up with his A-game, except for Beerus and Whis his Dragon Quest designs look a lot more inspired than his other recent DB antagonists.
Not every Dragon Quest thing comes from him. There are artists who were hired to draw in that style.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Makai
Beyond Newbie

Post by Makai » Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:29 am

Some of those I wouldn't mind seeing, but I want something entirely new. What I really hope for is that the Makaioshin appear. Maybe could be strong enough to give Beerus a run for his money.

Also, what do you guys think of Towa and Mira becoming Canon, and being part of the series? I kinda had a feeling it'd happen, with them being main villains of xenoverse, plus if Jaco's in this, his thing with time travel.

Araki
Advanced Regular

Post by Araki » Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:24 am

Cetra wrote: Not every Dragon Quest thing comes from him. There are artists who were hired to draw in that style.
I know that, it would be impossible for him to do every single character for every game (Bird studio covers that for him). But i believe the important characters from the main series are still his designs.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:31 pm

Kuriza, done properly. He was a gag character in Neko Majin so I guess his "reputation" is already cemented as a funny villain. Well he could atleast play such a role, of a minor villain in DBS.

Just wishing he was canonized already. Freeza had plenty of time to do him :P

dragonballhero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dragonballhero » Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:51 pm

Evil Goku. I feel that it's about high time we got him. Maybe they could him so cocky, evil, and arrogant that it makes Vegeta look like a total saint.

SSJ Human
Regular

Post by SSJ Human » Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:23 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
Lapis wrote:I guess I'll go for 5.

I want to see an antagonist who is calm and collected, someone who doesn't play around or act cocky in a death battle but instead tries to finish off the opponent as quickly as possible from the start.
Someone who is a master of Ki and uses it in a much more efficient way because he understands all of it's secrets(Something that will surprise Goku, Vegeta and the earthlings).

I also want the antagonist to be from a different universe and have a totally different culture and behavior.
Funny, that almost perfectly describes a planned antagonist I have in my fanfic later on.
Oh, man. I can't wait to read it!

Anyway, I would just want a villain who has some background other than being bad just to be bad.

TheKingOfKamehamehas
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheKingOfKamehamehas » Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:25 am

Someone like Tenshinhan would be kind of cool. I love humans and his story of learning what he was doing wrong was really nice. No Evil Goku for me though. I hate when that happens....
JacobYBM wrote:Art is subjective but boobies are forever.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:45 pm

I hope the main antagonist is basically Beerus. Only really, really fat cause that would be ~sooo~ funny. =D
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Black_Liger
Advanced Regular

Post by Black_Liger » Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:59 am

fadeddreams5 wrote:I hope the main antagonist is basically Beerus. Only really, really fat cause that would be ~sooo~ funny. =D
Beerus Buu ? Where are youu? xD
There's room for only one snake, and one big boss.

SSJGFrieza
Banned

Post by SSJGFrieza » Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:08 am

I just hope this guy is a relation to Beerus and not some parallel version of him, otherwise we really might just get universe where all the characters are gender swapped, evil, etc.
Linda Young 4 lyfe

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:42 am

I hope it is not a fat Beerus.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:40 am

SSJGFrieza wrote:I just hope this guy is a relation to Beerus and not some parallel version of him, otherwise we really might just get universe where all the characters are gender swapped, evil, etc.
I wouldn't mind just one of the universes being like that, would be interesting and funny at the same time.

They're not obligated to make them all the same though.

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:43 am

A main villain that's female. I don't care what her power(s) might be, as long as she's the main threat of that arc. And I'm not saying this for "hur, hur, hentai" reasons, I just would really enjoy the idea of a female antagonist... and hur, hur, hentai.

Ushabtis
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ushabtis » Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:35 pm

Scarz wrote:A main villain that's female. I don't care what her power(s) might be, as long as she's the main threat of that arc. And I'm not saying this for "hur, hur, hentai" reasons, I just would really enjoy the idea of a female antagonist... and hur, hur, hentai.
I too would like to see a female villain, i mean we haven't had a cool strong female character in awhile. I mean we have #18 but she was reduced to mom status in the Buu saga and didn't do anything except "lose" to Mr.Satan.
Jaco the Super Elite with The Great Saiyaman fighting crime for a spin-off series. Make it happen Toriyama

Akyon
Regular

Post by Akyon » Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:28 am

Anything but evil saiyans or evil mind controlled Goku/Vegeta/Gohan, etc yet again.
That horse has been beaten to death so much it makes for convincing hamburger meat.

That said I don't mind a protagonist doing something he thinks is for the best, but accidentally walking the path to hell.

Just don't do it as god awfully as Kishimoto managed to with Sasuke in Naruto. Urgh.
Favourite User quote:
Vice wrote:"Look at all these characters getting some shine in the buildup for the tournament of power, maybe we'll get to see some other characters do some stuff instead of the same old shit."
1. Goku (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitor & Vegeta (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitors

"Fuck."

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:33 pm

A female would be cool.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:13 am

I want to either see an ultimate master mind God like Aizen who is the original big baddie. Even makes the other gods pee their pants at the mention of his name.

Or go the opposite and have sort of like an emperor joker. Like have pilaf some how obtain the power of the multiverse from the great power or head of the multiverse and gods. And becomes a spoiled and over powered crazed villain. The power turns him into a kefka.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:09 pm

Something to #7 would be cool. I would love to see another demonic theme villain again since we hadn't had one since Janemba. I know people hate using Salvamakoto's artwork, but I always love this demonic god that he created. His design looks awesome and would fit into the Dragon Ball world just fine. He fits just fine next to Akkuman, Dabra and Janemba. I won't mind seeing a demonic main villain with a similar looking design to this.

She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/