Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

pacz360
I Live Here

Re: Official Unofficial "Dragon Ball Super" Power Level Discussion Thread

Post by pacz360 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:45 pm

The gr wrote:
pacz360 wrote:
The gr wrote: Wow I thought I was the only one,it was obvious that goku was suppressing his base form against Frost, gohan and krillin, and people seems to forget, that goku and Vegeta have perfect ki control thanks to ssb,so basically they could suppressed their base power from​ around 90,000,000 or 95,000,000 or as strong the plot demanded
Nothing indicates he was suppressing himself in base against gohan and frost in there fights.
this panel perfectly indicates that goku was screwing around in u6 Image
Talking anime not manga here.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:49 pm

pacz360 wrote:
The gr wrote:
DBZ Macky wrote: Truer words haven't been spoken in this thread. Goku is weaker than Beerus in base, stronger than him in SS and weaker than him in SSB at the same time. Everyone's fucking "suppressed" and shit. Goku doesn't have two bases, he's just as strong as the plot requires.
Wow I thought I was the only one,it was obvious that goku was suppressing his base form against Frost, gohan and krillin, and people seems to forget, that goku and Vegeta have perfect ki control thanks to ssb,so basically they could suppressed their base power from​ around 90,000,000 or 95,000,000 or as strong the plot demanded
Nothing indicates he was suppressing himself in base against gohan and frost in there fights.
^ exactly... the only person that has ever been showing to surpress their base power level below 1% was Frieza and that was with his transformations and Beerus/Whis.

The most Goku been canonical shown to be able to suppress his power was 5-6%. Period. Any attempt to say Goku can surpress it below that is head canon unless explicitly stated.

1) people say Base Goku, now at Super saiyan God levels suppressed to less than 1% of this power to fight in the tournament, spar with Gohan and Krillin, etc. but then we see people like Trunks getting to the same SSG tier levels... this makes no sense. The "suppressed" below 1% in high level forms is just head canon. They never state in in the show and there's zero evidence to that effect. Everytime anyone has ever been surpressed or holding back it's been explicitly stated in universe. Super changes those rules, why do people keep acting like it's just the same as Z. It's not!!

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:55 pm

pacz360 wrote:
The gr wrote:
pacz360 wrote: Nothing indicates he was suppressing himself in base against gohan and frost in there fights.
How does that show Goku was messing around? If anything it implies the opposite.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:57 pm

pacz360 wrote:
The gr wrote:
pacz360 wrote: Nothing indicates he was suppressing himself in base against gohan and frost in there fights.
then in the Manga continuity make sense, but seriously are you buying final form Frost being ssj god tier, yet he couldn't even touch piccolo for a while,piccolo at the very best is perfect cell tier either That super power scale is downright garbage, since they don't bother explaining Goku power, but I agree is just my headcanon, I wish I said that earlier
TheMikado wrote:
pacz360 wrote:
The gr wrote: Wow I thought I was the only one,it was obvious that goku was suppressing his base form against Frost, gohan and krillin, and people seems to forget, that goku and Vegeta have perfect ki control thanks to ssb,so basically they could suppressed their base power from​ around 90,000,000 or 95,000,000 or as strong the plot demanded
^ exactly... the only person that has ever been showing to surpress their base power level below 1% was Frieza and that was with his transformations and Beerus/Whis.

The most Goku been canonical shown to be able to suppress his power was 5-6%. Period. Any attempt to say Goku can surpress it below that is head canon unless explicitly stated.

1) people say Base Goku, now at Super saiyan God levels suppressed to less than 1% of this power to fight in the tournament, spar with Gohan and Krillin, etc. but then we see people like Trunks getting to the same SSG tier levels... this makes no sense. The "suppressed" below 1% in high level forms is just head canon. They never state in in the show and there's zero evidence to that effect. Everytime anyone has ever been surpressed or holding back it's been explicitly stated in universe. Super changes those rules, why do people keep acting like it's just the same as Z. It's not!!
really,Goku could suppressed himself, look at bog,he was only using 80% of his power during his fight with Beerus, but is true, there no statement to back up my headcanon, aside from the manga panel I posted, since DBS Manga and anime are different continuity
Mostly active on discord.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:58 pm

The fact that Vegeta needed to turn Super Saiyan to beat Frost nullifies the notion of them being suppressed.

People just need to accept Saiyan beyond God.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:06 pm

TheMikado wrote:
pacz360 wrote:
The gr wrote:this panel perfectly indicates that goku was screwing around in u6 Image
How does that show Goku was messing around? If anything it implies the opposite.
Are you even reading, didn't you herd what Goku and piccolo said, piccolo: don't go easy on them, implying that piccolo knows that saiyans love screwing around
    goku:no way!are you sure about This through maybe it'll end with me, implying that goku knows, his full power could steamrolled most of U6, but who knows, maybe goku was referring to ssb, but at the end of the day,is just my worthless headcanon to fix the odd powerscaling
    ZombieVito wrote:The fact that Vegeta needed to turn Super Saiyan to beat Frost nullifies the notion of them being suppressed.

People just need to accept Saiyan beyond God.
    well maybe vegeta wanted to show off, you know how vegeta is, and no I'm not accepting the Saiyan beyond god, piccolo is not even close to SS God tier, and isn't saiyan beyond God a DB hero thing

ZombieVito
    Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:10 pm

The gr wrote: well maybe vegeta wanted to show off, you know how vegeta is, and no I'm not accepting the Saiyan beyond god, piccolo is not even close to SS God tier, and isn't saiyan beyond God a DB hero thing
    That makes absolutely no sense. If he wanted to show off, he would have one shotted Frost in base instead of using a transformation that increased his power by 50 times.

Saiyan beyond God allows for Piccolo to not be god tier...

pacz360
    I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:11 pm

While the manga is more consistent still anime=/manga power levels considering f.zam was getting steamrolled by ssj god goku in the manga while in the anime he can trade blows with ssjb level fighters.

Triggered Vegeta
    Beyond Newbie

Post by Triggered Vegeta » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:13 pm

The gr wrote:
    pacz360 wrote:
    The gr wrote:this panel perfectly indicates that goku was screwing around in u6 Image
    then in the Manga continuity make sense, but seriously are you buying final form Frost being ssj god tier, yet he couldn't even touch piccolo for a while,piccolo at the very best is perfect cell tier either That super power scale is downright garbage, since they don't bother explaining Goku power, but I agree is just my headcanon, I wish I said that earlier
    TheMikado wrote:

really,Goku could suppressed himself, look at bog,he was only using 80% of his power during his fight with Beerus, but is true, there no statement to back up my headcanon, aside from the manga panel I posted, since DBS Manga and anime are different continuity
    Goku can easily suppress himself to human levels in his Base -> SSJ forms.

Frieza is the only one shown to lower his strength to 2%... no he isn't.

Beerus slaps Bulma.... without killing her. Do you have any Idea of how much he has to hold back in order to not accidentally kill her??

Another instance.

ssj Gohan vs Robbers(Buu saga)

Goku vs Robbers(DBS)

If you wanna include RoF movie... SSB Goku got one shot.... proof he can be human level in God mode if he lowers his power enough.

SSB allows Goku to have complete mastery over his ki, he can control how much power he unleashes. Goku vs Krillin is a good example of showing how well Goku can control his ki... in order to not accidentally kill his best friend.

TheMikado
    I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:14 pm

pacz360 wrote:While the manga is more consistent still anime=/manga power levels considering f.zam was getting steamrolled by ssj god goku in the manga while in the anime he can trade blows with ssjb level fighters.
    It's not perfect but I can deal with a few problems rather than the entire thing screwed beyond any kind of sense.

pacz360
    I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:19 pm

Saiyans beyond god is not really even a thing in super.
    Piccolo trained for 8 months with gohan anyway it's not like he can't get any stronger especially in the anime
    Like I said in the previous post at bar minimum base >ssj3
    If you don't wanna buy them being god level
    So guys like frost and cabba> most characters in the buu saga. While guys like magetta is ssj god level considering he gave ssj vegeta a tough fight and we know where hit stands.

The gr
    I Live Here

Post by The gr » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:21 pm

pacz360 wrote:While the manga is more consistent still anime=/manga power levels considering f.zam was getting steamrolled by ssj god goku in the manga while in the anime he can trade blows with ssjb level fighters.
    your right,my bad,it was my mistake using the manga to the Anime continuity

TheMikado
    I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:23 pm

pacz360 wrote:Saiyans beyond god is not really even a thing in super.
    Piccolo trained for 8 months with gohan anyway it's not like he can't get any stronger especially in the anime
    So guys like frost and cabba> most characters in the buu saga. While guys like magetta is ssj god level considering he gave ssj vegeta a tough fight and we know where hit stands.
    No character in Dragonball has gotten a substantial upgrade in power from just standard everyday training.
    Every drastic power upgrade, especially in short time frames, had to have a plot device. It can in the form of zenkais, RoSAT training, exclusive training from king Kai, SSJ forms, 100x gravity machine, fusion, the list literally goes on and on. OPM parodies that standard training regiment making you super strong for a reason, it's because it's literally the worse type of shonen writing you can make.

The gr
    I Live Here

Post by The gr » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:26 pm

Well if he train for 7 years, yet he is still weaker than the supreme Kai,the same guy who power is relative to a rusty gohan,or in DBS, Gohan didn't train for a couple of years, yet he could take tagoma meanwhile piccolo who trains every day couldn't even touch him, so where's the logic there
    Last edited by The gr on Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

pacz360
    I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:34 pm

The gr wrote:
    Well if he train for 7 years, yet he is still weaker than the supreme Kai,the same guy who power is relative to a rusty gohan,or in DBS, Gohan didn't train for a couple of years, yet he could take tagoma meanwhile piccolo who trains every day couldn't even touch him, so where's the logic there
    Hey it's super where am you need to do is train a little bit and bam your worth shit some what in the anime
    You got future episodes having a guy like buu and 17 being much stronger than they were before so it won't surprise me if they give guys like piccolo and 18 some power boost in the anime
    Though I can understand why you have a hardtime buying piccolo being this strong so you can look at his special beam cannon being more powerful considering it broke through vados barrier same thing that tank champa's attack

The gr
    I Live Here

Post by The gr » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:39 pm

pacz360 wrote:
    The gr wrote:
    Hey it's super where am you need to do is train a little bit and bam your worth shit some what in the anime
    You got future episodes having a guy like buu and 17 being much stronger than they were before so it won't surprise me if they give guys like piccolo and 18 some power boost in the anime
    Though I can understand why you have a hardtime buying piccolo being this strong so you can look at his special beam cannon being more powerful considering it broke through vados barrier same thing that tank champa's attack
    that's DBS for you,seriously let's give up, and say super powerscaling is garbage, and it don't make sense and watch this for entertainment, because I give up
    Last edited by The gr on Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lord Beerus
    Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:47 pm

TheMikado wrote:No character in Dragonball has gotten a substantial upgrade in power from just standard everyday training.
    Piccolo made the jump from being weaker than Thrid Form Freeza to being far superior to Dr Gero, who himself was far stronger than anything we saw on Namek from off-screen training for three years. Not to mention Future Trunks became SSJ by the time he was in his early teen from just training with Future Gohan. And Goten became SSJ and mastered the form and that was from when he was training/play fighting with Chi Chi. And he did all this before he even knew how to fly.

TheMikado
    I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:08 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
    TheMikado wrote:No character in Dragonball has gotten a substantial upgrade in power from just standard everyday training.
    Piccolo made the jump from being weaker than Thrid Form Freeza to being far superior to Dr Gero, who himself was far stronger than anything we saw on Namek from off-screen training for three years. Not to mention Future Trunks became SSJ by the time he was in his early teen from just training with Future Gohan. And Goten became SSJ and mastered the form and that was from when he was training/play fighting with Chi Chi. And he did all this before he even knew how to fly.
    I specifically stated plot device. Piccolo fused with Kami to become "complete" this was far from everyday training and he was stronger than the SSJs. Future Trunks plot device was Gohans death, a very specific event which prior to he couldn't go SSJ at all.

Gotten and Trunks power up was BS, but every single person in universe acknowledges this. Gohan, Chi chi, Vegeta, Goku are all in utter shock that the kids can do this. Literally their jaws drop because it's such a big @SSpull out of nowhere. The original never asked us to just swallow them being SSJ, it literally criticized itself multiple times on how BS it is. In the anime they literally said various statements about how unbelievable it was about 10 times. Super takes it a step further by not only acting as if things like that are common place and expected, but also acting like they don't owe the audience an explanation either. It's infuriating, it like they aren't even trying to invent some clever reason or even a reason at all, hell I'll even take a bad reason for the power ups. I don't care, but acting like we are too stupid to notice characters shouldn't be so strong for no reason pisses me off and feeling incredibly insulting.

Lord Beerus
    Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:49 pm

TheMikado wrote:
    Lord Beerus wrote:
    I specifically stated plot device. Piccolo fused with Kami to become "complete" this was far from everyday training and he was stronger than the SSJs. Future Trunks plot device was Gohans death, a very specific event which prior to he couldn't go SSJ at all.

Gotten and Trunks power up was BS, but every single person in universe acknowledges this. Gohan, Chi chi, Vegeta, Goku are all in utter shock that the kids can do this. Literally their jaws drop because it's such a big @SSpull out of nowhere. The original never asked us to just swallow them being SSJ, it literally criticized itself multiple times on how BS it is. In the anime they literally said various statements about how unbelievable it was about 10 times. Super takes it a step further by not only acting as if things like that are common place and expected, but also acting like they don't owe the audience an explanation either. It's infuriating, it like they aren't even trying to invent some clever reason or even a reason at all, hell I'll even take a bad reason for the power ups. I don't care, but acting like we are too stupid to notice characters shouldn't be so strong for no reason pisses me off and feeling incredibly insulting.
    Piccolo fusing with Kami did not happen during the three years of training in preparation for the Androids. That happened after Cell arrived and after Piccolo had fought him. And in the manga, Future Trunks became a SSJ prior to Future Gohan's death and that was changed in the TV special adaption of the chapter.

To this day I'm still trying to figure how Freeza didn't blow up Namek instantly in his Final Form when he was able to easily blow up a planet ten times larger than Earth with ease in his First Form. Or how Tien using just a string of Kikoho's was able to pin down Semi-Perfect Cell. And for the record, we still to this day have been given no explanation for how you become a SSJ3.

ZombieVito
    Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:53 pm

Lord Beerus wrote: To this day I'm still trying to figure how Freeza didn't blow up Namek instantly in his Final Form when he was able to easily blow up a planet ten times larger than Earth with ease in his First Form.
    Freeza said so himself. He was afraid to be caught in the explosion of the planet so he didn't give it his all.