Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:10 pm

BlueVegerot wrote:Ribrianne in this episode was struggling with base vegeta. Before she was atleast keeping up with ssj vegeta and android 17. Is it possible goku just suppressed the living shit out of himself against 17 or was 17 not trying vs her?
That Goku power scaling is just strange, the fight with him and Ribrianne made little sense by a narative standpoint. As for 17 I think 17 is at least low blue level, so I would not take much away from him, just Goku is all over the place.

As for Ribrianne she is much stronger then this, she already prove that with fighting SSJ-1 Vegeta and 17, but this fight with Vegeta showed she was weaken and doubting herself, so at least this fight made more sense from a narrative standpoint. :idea:
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

BWri

Post by BWri » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:25 pm

Doctor. wrote:
CJStriker_CBR wrote:Yea No, we already seen her fight on a higher level, honestly this fight made some-more sense then the Goku Base fight, this one felt like she was out of her grove abit so it made sense her fighting skills where down at this point. We already have had Confirmation she can fight both Vegeta and 17 at higher levels then this so that is fact already.
We've seen her fight with a character who used a weaker form in this episode to beat her ass and we've seen her fight with another character whom we never know how much power he's using. Hardly proof of anything. The fact she gets overwhelmed by base Goku and base Vegeta should be proof enough of her position in the power pole, but yet some people decide to cling on to delusion.
She's getting a looooooot of screen time and development. She's going to have something soon. They've been building her up for a while. I mean, come on, Goku called her strong. Sure he said that to the likes of Roshi too, but I just take it to mean that Toei's telling us to "watch out for this character." She even had a large chunk of screen time in the special and a lot of animation work put into her fight with Goku. But I can admit that her showings are inconsistent at best. I just have the feeling there's more to her.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:28 pm

Wait a minute so if Jiren has gone back to meditating after dealing with the only two that needed to be dealt with Goku and Hit....then does that mean Hit is above the likes of Super Saiyan Blue Vegeta and Golden Frieza?

I don't think it'd be a stretch at all.

Jiren supposedly can't even be stopped by time itself, he's really OP.

And yeah Ribrianne went from looking pretty impressive to not impressive at all. That said she wasn't Super Ribrianne here was she?

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:30 pm

The only other Super Saiyan Blue tier characters are on Jiren's team, Toppo and Dyspo, so yeah...that's basically it.

I guess Jiren doesn't consider Vegeta, Freeza, etc. worth his time.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:31 pm

Bullza wrote:Wait a minute so if Jiren has gone back to meditating after dealing with the only two that needed to be dealt with Goku and Hit....then does that mean Hit is above the likes of Super Saiyan Blue Vegeta and Golden Frieza?

And yeah Ribrianne went from looking pretty impressive to not impressive at all. That said she wasn't Super Ribrianne here was she?
I think Hit gets included with Goku because of his time skip. I'm pretty sure with it, Hit can beat Toppo.

avasatu
Beyond Newbie

Post by avasatu » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:35 pm

Jiren is 4D.

Hit is stronger than I thought.

Ribrianne is total fodder.

Jiren is not aware of Vegeta's and Frieza's full powers, likely. Frieza at least shouldn't be anywhere near a match, and he confirmed it himself.

Not sure about what Vegeta's up to.

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:38 pm

Bullza wrote:And yeah Ribrianne went from looking pretty impressive to not impressive at all. That said she wasn't Super Ribrianne here was she?
Nope she was not Super Ribrianne in that moment. My points about your other points are down below if you like to read them! :thumbup:

BWri wrote:
Doctor. wrote:
CJStriker_CBR wrote:Yea No, we already seen her fight on a higher level, honestly this fight made some-more sense then the Goku Base fight, this one felt like she was out of her grove abit so it made sense her fighting skills where down at this point. We already have had Confirmation she can fight both Vegeta and 17 at higher levels then this so that is fact already.
We've seen her fight with a character who used a weaker form in this episode to beat her ass and we've seen her fight with another character whom we never know how much power he's using. Hardly proof of anything. The fact she gets overwhelmed by base Goku and base Vegeta should be proof enough of her position in the power pole, but yet some people decide to cling on to delusion.
She's getting a looooooot of screen time and development. She's going to have something soon. They've been building her up for a while. I mean, come on, Goku called her strong. Sure he said that to the likes of Roshi too, but I just take it to mean that Toei's telling us to "watch out for this character." She even had a large chunk of screen time in the special and a lot of animation work put into her fight with Goku. But I can admit that her showings are inconsistent at best. I just have the feeling there's more to her.
Indeed, she has already shown by toei she can be Impressive and is at an IMPRESSIVE Level, like I gave examples and thanks for your response to my post early as well BWri! ;) :thumbup:

viewtopic.php?p=1396036#p1396036

I don't take the power leveling in the Goku Fight to much cause Goku is as usal all over the place in what he can do, but even Goku did say she was strong and so did a GoD of Universe 8! Also yes V-Jump said to watch out for her. The earlier showings IMO where more on par with what she can do right now then the Goku fight was, but the Base Vegeta Fight Made sense story-wise.

Ribrianne was Weak and Doubting herself, that was clear by how she acted during that fight. She also saying this to Rozie showed this was effecting her, so it made sense why she was weaker to a base Vegeta. Story-wise I liked it cause it lead to that slap moment with Rozie that IMO is a turn-around moment for Ribrianne's character! Or at least if Toei follows threw on it, but so far they are following the Magical Girl/Sailor Moon story arcs To-A-Tee! ;)

So I expect if Toei goes further with this, Ribrianne will show a new level of power down the road, but her current level is nothing to cough at either.
My #1 in DB!

lord godly da don
Beyond Newbie

Post by lord godly da don » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:41 pm

I don't think rabrianna's weak or inconsistent she has been fighting non stop going all out. more then likely she's tired because she haven't been pacing herself

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:44 pm

ZombieVito wrote:I think Hit gets included with Goku because of his time skip. I'm pretty sure with it, Hit can beat Toppo.
Well I don't know about Toppo, was he meant to be Super Saiyan Blue Goku's equal or Super Saiyan Blue Goku Kaioken's equal?

I'm sure we'll know eventually anyway.

I'd say if it came down to it Hit would have beaten possibly everyone else but Jiren and Ultra Instict Goku. If he can stop Jiren even briefly then there's no way that Vegeta, Frieza, Gohan or Android 17 would have gotten out of that.

He might not have as much raw strength as Vegeta or Frieza but he's definitely more dangerous because of his hax.

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:46 pm

lord godly da don wrote:I don't think rabrianna's weak or inconsistent she has been fighting non stop going all out. more then likely she's tired because she haven't been pacing herself
Indeed, my point exactly and well said. Also add to this the story arc of self doubt and the way she was fighting against Vegeta makes allot of story sense, even one I appreciated and liked by plot standards. :thumbup:
My #1 in DB!

lord godly da don
Beyond Newbie

Post by lord godly da don » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:52 pm

CJStriker_CBR wrote:
lord godly da don wrote:I don't think rabrianna's weak or inconsistent she has been fighting non stop going all out. more then likely she's tired because she haven't been pacing herself
Indeed, my point exactly and well said. Also add to this the story arc of self doubt and the way she was fighting against Vegeta makes allot of story sense, even one I appreciated and liked by plot standards. :thumbup:
Yeah I actually think rebrianna has another transformation. she might turn out to be that new warrior being teased I'm starting think she is with all the screen time and character development she's getting

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:55 pm

lord godly da don wrote:
CJStriker_CBR wrote:
Yeah I actually think rebrianna has another transformation. she might turn out to be that new warrior being teased I'm starting think she is with all the screen time and character development she's getting
That is a good Thought to have in her story arc. :idea: :thumbup:

Indeed that is very possible, either as the new warrior or later on. I don't want to say 100%, but ALL this story Ribrianne has gotten, it is one of the most detail story arcs in the ToP out of most characters outside of U7 and U6. Add to that they are following the Magical Girl/Sailor Moon story points point-by-point and I do feel more like they are leading to something major with her down the line, maybe a few major things!

Good Talking with you and having this discussion with you Lord godly da don. :thumbup:
My #1 in DB!

BWri

Post by BWri » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:57 pm

CJStriker_CBR wrote:
Indeed, she has already shown by toei she can be Impressive and is at an IMPRESSIVE Level, like I gave examples and thanks for your response to my post early as well BWri! ;) :thumbup:

viewtopic.php?p=1396036#p1396036

I don't take the power leveling in the Goku Fight to much cause Goku is as usal all over the place in what he can do, but even Goku did say she was strong and so did a GoD of Universe 8! Also yes V-Jump said to watch out for her. The earlier showings IMO where more on par with what she can do right now then the Goku fight was, but the Base Vegeta Fight Made sense story-wise.

Ribrianne was Weak and Doubting herself, that was clear by how she acted during that fight. She also saying this to Rozie showed this was effecting her, so it made sense why she was weaker to a base Vegeta. Story-wise I liked it cause it lead to that slap moment with Rozie that IMO is a turn-around moment for Ribrianne's character! Or at least if Toei follows threw on it, but so far they are following the Magical Girl/Sailor Moon story arcs To-A-Tee! ;)

So I expect if Toei goes further with this, Ribrianne will show a new level of power down the road, but her current level is nothing to cough at either.
And that's just it, Ribrianne is always shown fighting the stronger fighters of U7. After clashing with her several times, Vegeta still can't manage to eliminate her. And yeah, she did just fine against SSJ Vegeta. Episode 111 confirmed that she was out of sorts when she fought Vegeta in this latest fight. Now that she's fired up, we can finally see her true level, whatever it is.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

larzooma
Beyond Newbie

Post by larzooma » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:59 pm

lord godly da don wrote:
CJStriker_CBR wrote:
I didn't consider Ribrianne until this episode, and I saw an interesting theory about various warriors from Universe 3 combining into one stronger mech character. The fact two members from U3 attacked him while meditating, only to be repelled by a barrier created by his sheer strength, lends a little to the theory. I'm really not sure at this point.

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:01 pm

Bullza wrote:Wait a minute so if Jiren has gone back to meditating after dealing with the only two that needed to be dealt with Goku and Hit....then does that mean Hit is above the likes of Super Saiyan Blue Vegeta and Golden Frieza?

Jiren has never seen the power of Vegeta or Frieza.

Hit was totally nullified even after using Time Skip and that invisible Ki sphere (even Goku SSB traded more solid punches while Hit only defended himself to avoid damage).

He only got something after paralyzing Jiren with his technique, and even that was not effective.

So I would not say that he is above Vegeta SSB or Golden Freeza

larzooma
Beyond Newbie

Post by larzooma » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:02 pm

larzooma wrote:
lord godly da don wrote:
CJStriker_CBR wrote:
I didn't consider Ribrianne until this episode, and I saw an interesting theory about various warriors from Universe 3 combining into one stronger mech character. The fact two members from U3 attacked him while meditating, only to be repelled by a barrier created by his sheer strength, lends a little to the theory. I'm really not sure at this point.
She also had the quote about not giving him a chance with her later, if he falls victim to her "love". Her comment could have been a teaser to an ultimate transformation based on love, which seems to be a unique source of strength with an unclear relation to ki.

Hakaishin Liquir
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hakaishin Liquir » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:18 pm

avasatu wrote:Jiren is 4D.

Jiren is not aware of Vegeta's and Frieza's full powers, likely. Frieza at least shouldn't be anywhere near a match, and he confirmed it himself.

Jiren already had a chance to sense the power of SSB Vegeta and Golden Freeza.

lord godly da don
Beyond Newbie

Post by lord godly da don » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:29 pm

larzooma wrote:
larzooma wrote:
lord godly da don wrote:
She also had the quote about not giving him a chance with her later, if he falls victim to her "love". Her comment could have been a teaser to an ultimate transformation based on love, which seems to be a unique source of strength with an unclear relation to ki.
When I saw the advertisement for the "new warrior" toy teaser first thought came to my mind was " oh, this most be rebrianna new form" but when somebody posted that reddit theory it was so good I was convinced that it had to be that because it made to much sense but tonights episode got me leaning towards it being rebrianna again

BlueVegerot
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by BlueVegerot » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:31 pm

Jiren knows Goku is the ace of u7 and Jiren blinked him away so there's no reason for him to think Vegeta or Freeza can tangle with him.

Also Ribrianne at best might match up with 17, Even with her transformed state with wings she couldn't land a single blow on base Goku, Vegeta at his full power would crush her

avasatu
Beyond Newbie

Post by avasatu » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:33 pm

Hakaishin Liquir wrote:
avasatu wrote:Jiren is 4D.

Jiren already had a chance to sense the power of SSB Vegeta and Golden Freeza.
You're assuming that's their maximum power. Frieza likely will go 100% likely. I also dismissed Frieza from being a match for Jiren.

And, again, we don't yet know Vegeta's full capabilities, and neither does Jiren.