Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Post by Zamasu55 » Wed May 02, 2018 6:30 pm

Bullza wrote:I have no idea what's really going on here (I visit this thread less and less) but in the above link with the stickers this is what Herms said.

"So according to these cards (clearly the most canon of canon) the pecking order for the latter portion of Super goes like this:

UI Goku, Jiren
SSB Vegetto
Merged Zamasu, SSBE Vegeta
GoD Toppo
Kefla
SSB Goku
Golden Freeza
SSR Goku Black
Spirit Sword Trunks
SSG Goku
Gohan"

Now I don't know how much emphasis you want to place on a bunch of stickers but I could absolutely accept that order.

Ultra Instinct Goku and Jiren at the top, obviously.

Super Saiyan Blue Vegito, yes because the manga implied him to be a bit above Beerus who I'd rate above all over those others.

Super Saiyan Blue Evolution Vegeta, yes because he was about on par, a little above a God of Destruction. Merged Zamasu I was unsure about. He did fairly well against Vegito and logically he should be above Kefla but I had a few doubts.

God of Destruction Toppo, that's fine.

Super Saiyan 2 Kefla, yeah that's fine too, I don't rate her as high as a God of Destruction.

Super Saiyan Blue Goku then Golden Frieza, I'd have thought they'd have the same score but not important.

Super Saiyan Rose Black, I have said before I've thought he was weaker. Some don't think so but I didn't think it would make sense for him to be stronger than Goku if Goku could still match Merged Zamasu to an extent.

Spirit Sword Trunks is probably the most questionable. Without the sword I agree with the placement 100%. With the sword...he killed Merged Zamasu so...but whatever.

Super Saiyan God Goku, fine.

Ultimate Gohan, which again was always questionable. He definitely wasn't as strong as a Super Saiyan Blue but he could have been close. Again logically I think him being below Super Saiyan God is what would make the most sense.

So I think might go by this because it does make sense. Keep an eye out for that in the future because I'd want to see where they'd put Android 17 and Hit.
Is this a joke? SsjR Black stronger than Genki-sword Trunks?

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Wed May 02, 2018 6:32 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:It scares me that some people are.
I’m still not understanding what it’s so baffling about discussing these stickers. At least, I don’t see anyone here obessesed or treating them like they’re so damn accurate, like we see when it comes to Daizenshuu, SEG, guidebooks in general every once in a while.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Wed May 02, 2018 6:59 pm

Zamasu55 wrote:
Bullza wrote:I have no idea what's really going on here (I visit this thread less and less) but in the above link with the stickers this is what Herms said.

"So according to these cards (clearly the most canon of canon) the pecking order for the latter portion of Super goes like this:

UI Goku, Jiren
SSB Vegetto
Merged Zamasu, SSBE Vegeta
GoD Toppo
Kefla
SSB Goku
Golden Freeza
SSR Goku Black
Spirit Sword Trunks
SSG Goku
Gohan"

Now I don't know how much emphasis you want to place on a bunch of stickers but I could absolutely accept that order.

Ultra Instinct Goku and Jiren at the top, obviously.

Super Saiyan Blue Vegito, yes because the manga implied him to be a bit above Beerus who I'd rate above all over those others.

Super Saiyan Blue Evolution Vegeta, yes because he was about on par, a little above a God of Destruction. Merged Zamasu I was unsure about. He did fairly well against Vegito and logically he should be above Kefla but I had a few doubts.

God of Destruction Toppo, that's fine.

Super Saiyan 2 Kefla, yeah that's fine too, I don't rate her as high as a God of Destruction.

Super Saiyan Blue Goku then Golden Frieza, I'd have thought they'd have the same score but not important.

Super Saiyan Rose Black, I have said before I've thought he was weaker. Some don't think so but I didn't think it would make sense for him to be stronger than Goku if Goku could still match Merged Zamasu to an extent.

Spirit Sword Trunks is probably the most questionable. Without the sword I agree with the placement 100%. With the sword...he killed Merged Zamasu so...but whatever.

Super Saiyan God Goku, fine.

Ultimate Gohan, which again was always questionable. He definitely wasn't as strong as a Super Saiyan Blue but he could have been close. Again logically I think him being below Super Saiyan God is what would make the most sense.

So I think might go by this because it does make sense. Keep an eye out for that in the future because I'd want to see where they'd put Android 17 and Hit.
Is this a joke? SsjR Black stronger than Genki-sword Trunks?
Yeah, and they have LSS broly equal to LSS kale, who are beyond ultimate gohan. Besides the main inportant characters (Jiren, MUi goku, vegito, ect), they dont seem to care about scaling. Which is fine, since they are made just for fun, and not to be taken serious.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Wed May 02, 2018 7:07 pm

Zamasu55 wrote:Is this a joke? SsjR Black stronger than Genki-sword Trunks?
Apparently it's just supposed to be Super Saiyan Rage Trunks. There's another sticker without him welding the sword that has the same Power Level.

If that's the case then it makes sense.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Wed May 02, 2018 7:17 pm

Hugo Boss wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:It scares me that some people are.
I’m still not understanding what it’s so baffling about discussing these stickers. At least, I don’t see anyone here obessesed or treating them like they’re so damn accurate, like we see when it comes to Daizenshuu, SEG, guidebooks in general every once in a while.
Discussing them is no problem, the problem arives when people start using them as to proof scaling 100%. I'm all for discussing them, i have before (see my previous list i made a loooong time ago).

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Wed May 02, 2018 7:19 pm

There not being a Hit sticker semi-triggers me. They have Gohan on a dragon, but not the leader of Universe 6? What is this.
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Wed May 02, 2018 8:31 pm

Logania wrote:There not being a Hit sticker semi-triggers me. They have Gohan on a dragon, but not the leader of Universe 6? What is this.
They have him in a different set.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Wed May 02, 2018 9:01 pm

Hugo Boss wrote:They have him in a different set.
Oh that includes Dyspo, Toppo and Super Saiyan Cabba too but I can't make out the numbers on those ones. Is there a better quality image?

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Wed May 02, 2018 9:09 pm

Hugo Boss wrote:
Logania wrote:There not being a Hit sticker semi-triggers me. They have Gohan on a dragon, but not the leader of Universe 6? What is this.
They have him in a different set.
Ah cool! Thanks for showing me.
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Wed May 02, 2018 9:15 pm

Bullza wrote:
Hugo Boss wrote:They have him in a different set.
Oh that includes Dyspo, Toppo and Super Saiyan Cabba too but I can't make out the numbers on those ones. Is there a better quality image?
Toppo: 8500
Dyspo: 8200
Cabba: 6000

You can search for keywords like Chou Senshi Wafer Stickers Z and see better quality images. Unfortunately, I couldn’t find a full list of sets.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Wed May 02, 2018 10:22 pm

https://ibb.co/jMsveS
Anilaza, with a laughable 7500 attack power compared to the ither fighters.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Wed May 02, 2018 10:23 pm

So that has Toppo above Super Saiyan Blue Goku. Dyspo they've also got above Golden Frieza which he was. I found a few more though.

Ribrianne with the butterfly wings.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Another one with Toppo and Dyspo with difficult numbers.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

One for Base Future Trunks and Base Black. Trunks has the same as Caulifla and Black is a bit above Android 17...so I could believe that.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Then you've got these DBZ ones like Dabura who has a 4,200 which is higher than Base Trunks and Caulifla which could possibly point to a retcon like some people seem to think.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Zamasu is only at 4,000 as well. Certainly not nearly as high as the Super Saiyan Blue level characters which is what I've also believed but not everyone.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Wed May 02, 2018 10:27 pm

Certainly you guys are starting to realise that this isnt to be taken seriously.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Wed May 02, 2018 10:31 pm

Ahh yes, how can i forget, the fusion who surpasses Golden freeza, Super Gogeta. Totally believable.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Wed May 02, 2018 10:33 pm

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Wed May 02, 2018 10:53 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:Ahh yes, how can i forget, the fusion who surpasses Golden freeza, Super Gogeta. Totally believable.
In a different set we have Xeno SS Vegetto being 8000, so even if in this set Gogeta has a high number it doesn’t mean they can’t just change whatever they thought. For example, Golden Freeza was bumped up from 8100 to 8200. SSR Black from 8000 to 8100. It’s totally arbitrary like almost every powerlevel number.

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Marlowe89 » Wed May 02, 2018 11:13 pm

Bullza wrote:I don't even see Aniraza's sticker, where's that?
Looks like someone beat me to the punch on that one -- you can find it a few posts up.

As for Final Form Frieza, he performed fairly well against Dyspo and was basically completely unphased throughout most of the tournament. Putting him above Super Saiyan 2 seems feasible enough.
Kenneth La Torre wrote:Certainly you guys are starting to realise that this isnt to be taken seriously.
I don't know who you're trying to convince. You've repeated this same statement several times now and it's coming across as borderline obsession at this point. We get it. You're cluttering up the thread, and unfortunately, you don't get to decide how seriously we should take it.

brett wheeler
Beyond Newbie

Post by brett wheeler » Wed May 02, 2018 11:32 pm

these stickers are interesting ill give them that, but I definitely wouldn't take them at 100% face value either (not that anybody is just saying ), honestly its kinda scary how accurate some characters are compared to each other, but some of them are well pretty inconsistent with the show.

UI omen goku and blue evolution vegeta being on par makes sense, blue evolution beat GoD toppo who was stated no different than an average GoD, combined this with the pamphlet that came out that says UI omen might have surpassed beerus ( its up in the air weather it meant omen or MUI but nothing contradicts either so youre choice I guess ) and I can say thats pretty accurate to compare the 2 ( altho I would probably place blue evolution a bit lower but not no significant amount ).

next is vegito blue witch agian I say makes sense especially if you believe he surpassed beerus, this ( if it is accurate with the important characters ) solidifies that, this also makes sense with MUI and jiren being the only ones above him ( agian if this is accurate in any way ), witch makes me wonder how much of an increase MUI was on goku to completely beat the fusion multiplier.

I say these important character agian make sense but thats about it the others can be a shit show of inconsistency on some cases and on others there numbers change, which shows how little the accuracy of these are really, I say these are to be enjoyed and to give a general idea but not an actual power scaling of the characters, at least in my opinion.

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Wed May 02, 2018 11:41 pm

It's all in good fun for me. Not gonna tell people to take it seriously or not as it's kind of common sense from just glances at the power numbers. Where 4th form Cooler is stronger than Zamasu, Dabura and SSJ Broly for starters.

These stickers have really nice artwork that I'll probably render and use as avatars on here and other forums and if I run into one at a comic store I'll buy them for some cute novelty.

TheDipDap1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheDipDap1234 » Wed May 02, 2018 11:59 pm

I found one with Super Ribrianne and Cabba to those who care

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Gowasu's number 1 fan.