Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Re: Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Post by PFM18 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:44 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:
PFM18 wrote:Yeah there's no way. This is a Broly reboot not him just coming back from the dead.
Nor Toriyama or Toei cares about canon, so I don't doubt they could mess this up by having some character reminding of having fought with Broly in the past.
And that is WAYYY worse than the "Freeza excuse to be strong"
Nah, Broly is a Saiyan that ever since his debut was build to his power increase every second he stays alive, it's dumb but still better than the prodigy thing and off-screen training.

Nor Toriyama or Toei cares about canon, so I don't doubt they could mess this up by having some character reminding of having fought with Broly in the past.
I think they do care about canon. Otherwise you would have non canon movie elements being thrown in there all the time but this is the first time and it is going to be a reboot not the same character. Toriyama even said he was changing the character in a couple different ways, not only that he looks different so there's no way Goku is going to acknowledge the "old" Broly.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:52 pm

PFM18 wrote:I think they do care about canon. Otherwise you would have non canon movie elements being thrown in there all the time but this is the first time and it is going to be a reboot not the same character. Toriyama even said he was changing the character in a couple different ways, not only that he looks different so there's no way Goku is going to acknowledge the "old" Broly.
If they really cared about canon we would already have one like Star Wars. Well, were starting to get non canon elements to be introduced in the main series and Broly is not the first step, we had Gregory and Frog Ginyu in Super before, so is not really a big issue for them. It could be a reboot yes, but I also can see Toriyama just updating Broly design and personality but still keeping his past story with the cast.
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:00 pm

jeffbr92 wrote: Nah, it will be the same Broly. Toriyama will probably use the excuse that he get some crazy zenkai after being blasted to the Sun and achieved the power of the Gods and the funny thing is that this is not even worse than Freeza excuse to be strong in RoF lol
Nonsense.

Toriyama said it's a different Broly and both Minus and Super make the old Broly impossible to fit in canon.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:03 pm

ZombieVito wrote:Toriyama said it's a different Broly and both Minus and Super make the old Broly impossible to fit in canon.
There's no canon in DB and Toriyama just said he would adapt Broly to what is the series today, who knows maybe make him family friendly? Nothing denies that he could try connect the old with the new.

by Doctor.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:07 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:
ZombieVito wrote:Toriyama said it's a different Broly and both Minus and Super make the old Broly impossible to fit in canon.
There's no canon in DB and Toriyama just said he would adapt Broly to what is the series today, who knows maybe make him family friendly? Nothing denies that he could try connect the old with the new.
Dude it's a reboot of the character. Toriyama would not redesign the character just to confirm that this is the same Broly that existed before and this is a continuation. That would be ridiculous.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:16 pm

PFM18 wrote:Dude it's a reboot of the character. Toriyama would not redesign the character just to confirm that this is the same Broly that existed before and this is a continuation. That would be ridiculous.
You're just denying because your not fond of the idea, I see both as good possibilities, Toriyama don't want to disappoint Broly fanboys, which could mean trying to make a connection between his old movies and Super.

by Doctor.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:17 am

jeffbr92 wrote:Toriyama don't want to disappoint Broly fanboys, which could mean trying to make a connection between his old movies and Super.
Goku and Vegeta didn’t acknowledged Kale as similar to Broly, so at least in Super it appears they didn’t know him. But, of course, the movie can ignore that and try to make everything fit together.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:20 pm

ssj3kakarot wrote:How strong do you guys believe the show portrays Vegetas SSBE "form" to be?

I've heard some people putting him above Goku's KKX20. Some say it makes him equal Goku's KKX20.

If it does make him stronger, that's an insane multiplier. Making it the 2nd highest multiplier, over +20X's his blue form.

Or do you guys believe Goku wasn't using his KKX20 when he fought along side SSBE Vegeta?
I actually starting to believe Goku indeed used a higher multiplier for Kaioken in E123. They did say he used a limit breaker power.

I currently have SSBE Vegeta and this Goku stronger than initial UIO Goku but weaker than Kefla or Toppo.

ssj3kakarot
Beyond Newbie

Post by ssj3kakarot » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:43 pm

ZombieVito wrote:
ssj3kakarot wrote:How strong do you guys believe the show portrays Vegetas SSBE "form" to be?

I've heard some people putting him above Goku's KKX20. Some say it makes him equal Goku's KKX20.

If it does make him stronger, that's an insane multiplier. Making it the 2nd highest multiplier, over +20X's his blue form.

Or do you guys believe Goku wasn't using his KKX20 when he fought along side SSBE Vegeta?
I actually starting to believe Goku indeed used a higher multiplier for Kaioken in E123. They did say he used a limit breaker power.

I currently have SSBE Vegeta and this Goku stronger than initial UIO Goku but weaker than Kefla or Toppo.
Just wanted clarification on bolded sentence. You have SSBE Vegeta and Goku ( using the higher multiplier in your opinion) weaker than both Kefla and Toppo? Are you referring to God Toppo?
" I swear on that faith I can never back down now" - Goku

dragon boss z
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by dragon boss z » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:08 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:
PFM18 wrote:Dude it's a reboot of the character. Toriyama would not redesign the character just to confirm that this is the same Broly that existed before and this is a continuation. That would be ridiculous.
You're just denying because your not fond of the idea, I see both as good possibilities, Toriyama don't want to disappoint Broly fanboys, which could mean trying to make a connection between his old movies and Super.
What you are saying isn't impossible, but it isn't likely either. Toriyama said he would re-imagine the character, sounds like a reboot to me.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:58 pm

ssj3kakarot wrote:
ZombieVito wrote:

Just wanted clarification on bolded sentence. You have SSBE Vegeta and Goku ( using the higher multiplier in your opinion) weaker than both Kefla and Toppo? Are you referring to God Toppo?
Yes, God Toppo. Vegeta was clearly weaker than him but then got a rage boost. Something like this:

UIO Goku [E129] > SSBE Vegeta [Enraged] > GoD Toppo > UIO Goku [E116] > SS2 Kefla > SSB KKLB Goku > SSBE Vegeta > UIO Goku [E110] > SS Kefla >>> SSB KK20 Goku

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:10 pm

ZombieVito wrote:
ssj3kakarot wrote:
ZombieVito wrote: I actually starting to believe Goku indeed used a higher multiplier for Kaioken in E123. They did say he used a limit breaker power.

Yes, God Toppo. Vegeta was clearly weaker than him but then got a rage boost. Something like this:

UIO Goku [E129] > SSBE Vegeta [Enraged] > GoD Toppo > UIO Goku [E116] > SS2 Kefla > SSB KKLB Goku > SSBE Vegeta > UIO Goku [E110] > SS Kefla >>> SSB KK20 Goku
Dude. WTF is KKLB?
Caulifla best girl! :)

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:31 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote: Dude. WTF is KKLB?
Limit Breaker.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:37 pm

ZombieVito wrote:
Limit Breaker.
I don't remember this.
Caulifla best girl! :)

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:41 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:
ZombieVito wrote:
Limit Breaker.
I don't remember this.
Because this is redundant. Kaioken is his limit-breaking power. In episode 123 Goku used it at full power, probably at 20-fold.

SaiyanGod117
Advanced Regular

Post by SaiyanGod117 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:27 am

How fast is this feat?

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

buutenks

Post by buutenks » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:28 am

SaiyanGod117 wrote:How fast is this feat?

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Cannot be calced, since no time frame.

buutenks

Post by buutenks » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:34 am

ZombieVito wrote: Yes, God Toppo. Vegeta was clearly weaker than him but then got a rage boost. Something like this:

This is also my view, except pre rage boost ssbe vegeta seems equal to kkx20 Goku. Idk why u placed kkx20 Goku above him.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:24 am

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
I couldn't say but you'd be better off calculating the speed of Cell's Kamehameha during the Cell Games.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Cell fires a Kamehameha upward at Goku in the sky who begins his teleportation, the Kamehameha then heads way off into space with the next panel showing Goku reappearing behind Cell.

So in the span of Goku teleporting, which is supposedly instantaneous, that blast travelled, probably the length of Earth or more.

SaiyanGod117
Advanced Regular

Post by SaiyanGod117 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:42 pm

Bullza wrote:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
I couldn't say but you'd be better off calculating the speed of Cell's Kamehameha during the Cell Games.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Cell fires a Kamehameha upward at Goku in the sky who begins his teleportation, the Kamehameha then heads way off into space with the next panel showing Goku reappearing behind Cell.

So in the span of Goku teleporting, which is supposedly instantaneous, that blast travelled, probably the length of Earth or more.
This feat is kinda in the same fashion with Cell’s, because presumably Hit used Time-skip to dodge. So, in 0.1 seconds (or maybe less) Goku’s Kamehameha traveled the distance of 148,784.8816 kilometers and more considering the distance between each Super Dragon Ball.