Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Re: Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Post by PFM18 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:51 am

ZombieVito wrote:
supersaiyangodgogeta wrote:SSBE Vegeta beat Toppo whom reached the level of God of Destruction and he is only comparable to SSB Kaioken Goku whom was weaker than the Spirit Bomb.

Jiren was above the level of God of Destruction in a suppressed state and UI Omen Goku was equal to him during their first fight. SSJ2 Kefla is stronger than UI Omen Goku from his first fight with Jiren.

The chain would go something like:

SSJ2 Kefla=UI Omen Goku(2nd usage)>UI Omen Goku(1st usage)=Suppressed Jiren>SSBE Vegeta's Final Explosion>Toppo's Full Power Destruction Ball>Universe 7 Spirit Bomb=SSJ Kefla>SSB Kaiokenx20 Goku=SSBE Vegeta(Post Resolve Boost)>God of Destruction Toppo=Beerus>SSBE Vegeta
Nope. Mastered Ultra Instinct was confirmed to be the only time Goku surpassed God of Destruction tier.

That will also make Jiren only above that tier when using his full power.
Well Jiren was already above Beerus/GoDs with his Full-Power, then he broke his limits, and became stronger. From what we see, nobody during the tournament other than Goku or Jiren were stronger than him, but he's not really that great at this point. Things look like this:

enraged UI Goku>Limit Breaker Jiren>UI Goku>Full-Power Jiren>Belmod>Beerus~3rd UI Omen Goku

supersaiyangodgogeta
Regular

Post by supersaiyangodgogeta » Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:52 am

No, it was never stated that Goku can only beat a God of Destruction upon mastering Ultra Instinct. That is what's being made up. SSBE Vegeta beat a God of Destruction and Goku completely eclipses that level in Omen. The Gods of Destruction were already surpassed during Goku and Jiren's first fight.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:56 am

Wow, many are still trying to speak for Dragonball Super, claiming Beerus was surpassed. :lol:

You all know that isn't true.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:09 am

Miracles wrote:Wow, many are still trying to speak for Dragonball Super, claiming Beerus was surpassed. :lol:

Uhhh? It's obvious that he was surpassed

ssj3kakarot
Beyond Newbie

Post by ssj3kakarot » Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:36 am

supersaiyangodgogeta wrote:No, it was never stated that Goku can only beat a God of Destruction upon mastering Ultra Instinct. That is what's being made up. SSBE Vegeta beat a God of Destruction and Goku completely eclipses that level in Omen. The Gods of Destruction were already surpassed during Goku and Jiren's first fight.
Ahh, I see. You are of the of the beliefs that there can't be varying degrees of power amongst Gods of Destruction! So once Toppo "transforms" into Destruction Mode, he is instantly as powerful as Beerus and every other current God of Destruction, that have been GoD's for thousands of years.

Vegeta beat a God of Destruction that was one for literally a few minutes. Vegeta would have gotten trashed by Beerus in that fight.

To be fair, the only time suprassing the Gods level is stated, is by vegeta. And its directly after he comments to Belmod. It's in reference to Goku surpassing his limits, and to " step over the state of the Gods." So the only people who can safe, more or less, to have assumed a higher status than Beerus is mastered ultra and full power Jiren.

I'm of the firm opinion that SSJ2 Kefla, God Toppo, and SSBE Vegeta are weaker than Beerus. I believe there is ample proof in the show to demonstrate as much.
" I swear on that faith I can never back down now" - Goku

supersaiyangodgogeta
Regular

Post by supersaiyangodgogeta » Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:57 am

"State of the Gods" just refers to Ultra Instinct. Ultra Instinct is a state of the Gods. Vegeta's statement had nothing to do with the Gods of Destruction, just like Whis' usage of the term had nothing to do with them.

And there's no reason why Toppo would be magically weaker than every other God of Destruction. Nothing implies it and it's nonsensical for people to claim that that despite being stated to be a God of Destruction no different from any other by Belmod, he for some reason was nowhere near their level. None of the Gods of Destruction are "fodder" to any of the others as seen in their match in the manga. Beerus can't wipe the floor with any God of Destruction. So no he can't beat Vegeta.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:00 am

PFM18 wrote: Well Jiren was already above Beerus/GoDs with his Full-Power, then he broke his limits, and became stronger. From what we see, nobody during the tournament other than Goku or Jiren were stronger than him, but he's not really that great at this point. Things look like this:

enraged UI Goku>Limit Breaker Jiren>UI Goku>Full-Power Jiren>Belmod>Beerus~3rd UI Omen Goku
I wouldn't put UI Omen Goku close to Beerus personally.
supersaiyangodgogeta wrote:"State of the Gods" just refers to Ultra Instinct. Ultra Instinct is a state of the Gods. Vegeta's statement had nothing to do with the Gods of Destruction, just like Whis' usage of the term had nothing to do with them.

And there's no reason why Toppo would be magically weaker than every other God of Destruction. Nothing implies it and it's nonsensical for people to claim that that despite being stated to be a God of Destruction no different from any other by Belmod, he for some reason was nowhere near their level. None of the Gods of Destruction are "fodder" to any of the others as seen in their match in the manga. Beerus can't wipe the floor with any God of Destruction. So no he can't beat Vegeta.
Toppo is still a God of Destruction candidate after all.

Vegeta can't beat Beerus since UI Omen Goku can't.

ssj3kakarot
Beyond Newbie

Post by ssj3kakarot » Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:14 am

supersaiyangodgogeta wrote:"State of the Gods" just refers to Ultra Instinct. Ultra Instinct is a state of the Gods. Vegeta's statement had nothing to do with the Gods of Destruction, just like Whis' usage of the term had nothing to do with them.

Ultra Instinct was never been stated to be a state of the Gods, first and foremost. We can reasonably deduce that it's actually more a state of the angels. Probably closer to a technique of the angels. Especiall since it seems that none of the current Gods of Destruction seem to be able to use mastered Ultra at will or at all, in the anime at least. Beerus wasn't even sure that Goku was in masterd ultra, and had to ask Whis. Further, Whis seems to be the only one who knows anything about ultra.r

Anyway, back to the real backwards thinking. You find no reason that Toppo should be weaker? No reason? So all saiyans are born with similar power levels? Are all super saiyans have similar power levels? Supreme Kais have been shown to have
wildly different power levels? Why would Gods of Destruction's be any different? Gods who have been Gods of Destructions for thousands of years. We don't even really understand how God of Destruction works even. Is it a transformation that you are taught? Do you need a certain power level to even undergo the process?

It's not Toppo being magically weaker,its him being vastly newer to the game. Belmods statement about Toppo being no different was that in kind, not in power level. And their match in the manga has very little weight in a anime discussion. If we are to use the manga, it only furthers my point that people like Belmod, Beerus, and Ratface, are probably the top 3 Gods. The manga doesn't help your case, it hurts it.
" I swear on that faith I can never back down now" - Goku

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:53 am

PFM18 wrote:
Miracles wrote:Wow, many are still trying to speak for Dragonball Super, claiming Beerus was surpassed. :lol:

Uhhh? It's obvious that he was surpassed
No fight and no statements.

Beerus really should be left alone until we get actual confirmation.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:49 am

Personally, I believe the narrative best showcases the idea of the level of a God of Destruction being a general but similar enough range where all the Gods of Destruction rest on the same level, with small differences that don't swing the scales dramatically.

Jiren was the first mortal confirmed to have surpassed this level with his full power, which was easily beaten by Ultra Instinct, and then Jiren unleashed hidden power and could somewhat match up with Ultra Instinct's perfect movements through raw strength, speed, and combat skill.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:02 am

ZombieVito wrote:I wouldn't put UI Omen Goku close to Beerus personally.
It's not a matter of opinion. Official material in a Jump Magazine said that they were equal to each other. Or at least, it appeared that they were talking about the 3rd UI Omen because they showed the black haired iteration and they were talking about episode 129. And that makes sense that they would be equals because Jiren still had a slight edge over 3rd UI Omen, and he's stronger than Beerus.
ssj3kakarot wrote:Anyway, back to the real backwards thinking. You find no reason that Toppo should be weaker? No reason? So all saiyans are born with similar power levels? Are all super saiyans have similar power levels? Supreme Kais have been shown to have
wildly different power levels? Why would Gods of Destruction's be any different? Gods who have been Gods of Destructions for thousands of years. We don't even really understand how God of Destruction works even. Is it a transformation that you are taught? Do you need a certain power level to even undergo the process?
Exactly. Zamasu and Shin are both Supreme Kais/Kaioshin and they are magnitudes different in power. Namek SSJ Goku and Buu arc SSJs are most Super Saiyans but are completely different in power etc etc. Just because Toppo is a GoD doesn't mean he is as strong as Beerus. We don't even have any indication that they are all equal to each other. Sure, they're probably all at a pretty similar level with slight variation but not the same.
Vegeta beat a God of Destruction that was one for literally a few minutes. Vegeta would have gotten trashed by Beerus in that fight.
Yeah, if Vegeta had surpassed Beerus when he had surpassed Toppo they would have made a way bigger deal out of it. When Goku surpassed the GoDs when he went UI all the GoDs stood up out of respect watching him. None of the GoDs seemed to care that much about SSBE Vegeta's shenanigans.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:01 pm

PFM18 wrote: It's not a matter of opinion. Official material in a Jump Magazine said that they were equal to each other. Or at least, it appeared that they were talking about the 3rd UI Omen because they showed the black haired iteration and they were talking about episode 129. And that makes sense that they would be equals because Jiren still had a slight edge over 3rd UI Omen, and he's stronger than Beerus.
Do you know which issue? I don't remember this.

The only thing I remember is Jump saying Goku surpassed GoD tier with mastered UI. I also wouldn't call Jiren's advantage over Omen as slight watching their fight in E129.

Edit: OK. You are right indeed.
In Goku's final usage of Ultra Instinct -Sign-, even Beerus thinks Goku might be stronger than him.
Another Vegetto situation then. I gotta update my list now. :lol:

This makes the jump from 3rd Omen to UI be very small. Very weird but OK.

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:10 pm

Toriyama isn't going to have goku surpass Beerus with the incomplete Omen form. At BEST 3rd UIO(near the end of that episode) = Beerus.

Think about it, it took super saiyan to surpass freeza, not kk

ss grade 4 didn't do jack to cell , it took ss2

Beerus has been THE standard since episode 1, he's not getting usurped by an incomplete form

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:24 pm

ZombieVito wrote:This makes the jump from 3rd Omen to UI be very small. Very weird but OK.
I don't think so. The way I see it 3rd Omen is roughly as strong as Beerus and UI is way stronger than Beerus. Then when Goku gets enraged in UI and beats Limits Broken Jiren he is dramatically above Beerus IMO. Or at least, that's the way it SHOULD be. Toriyama could come out today and say Beerus is 6x stronger than UI Goku and I wouldn't be that shocked.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:38 pm

Remember Whis stated that Beerus used 60% of his power against red in BoG? Then in RoF Whis only says MAYBE two blue's can fight Beerus head up at the same time?. :lol:
Remember people were claiming that Blue Kaioken Goku was close to Beerus due to his emotional reaction in U6 tournament arc? Then Beerus casually challenges Goku at the end of the battle? :lol:
Now you guys are falling for the trap of appealing to emotion again concerning Beerus. But in the TOP Beerus was smiling when Goku perfected Ultra Instinct. Like he wanted that.

Seriously people, leave Beerus alone, he is Goku and Vegeta's goal. Toriyama won't have them surpass Beerus until the end, right before Goku trains Uub.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:42 pm

Miracles wrote:Remember Whis stated that Beerus used 60% of his power against red in BoG? Then in RoF Whis only says MAYBE two blue's can fight Beerus head up at the same time?. :lol:
Remember people were claiming that Blue Kaioken Goku was close to Beerus due to his emotional reaction in U6 tournament arc? Then Beerus casually challenges Goku at the end of the battle? :lol:
Now you guys are falling for the trap of appealing to emotion again concerning Beerus. But in the TOP Beerus was smiling when Goku perfected Ultra Instinct. Like he wanted that.

Seriously people, leave Beerus alone, he is Goku and Vegeta's goal. Toriyama won't have them surpass Beerus until the end, right before Goku trains Uub.
Then why don't you leave him alone? If you're so sure Beerus will keep moving the goalpost, then let him speak for himself through dialogue and feats.

You're not gonna convince anyone with your own words, so let the purple cat himself do the convincing.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:45 pm

PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote:
Miracles wrote:Remember Whis stated that Beerus used 60% of his power against red in BoG? Then in RoF Whis only says MAYBE two blue's can fight Beerus head up at the same time?. :lol:

Then why don't you leave him alone? If you're so sure Beerus will keep moving the goalpost, then let him speak for himself through dialogue and feats.

You're not gonna convince anyone with your own words, so let the purple cat himself do the convincing.
I've been saying that. The purple cat has the STORY on his side. You guys got nothing but headcannon. The story has already stated that Beerus has a fated prophesied battle with Goku.
Yet people are saying he is surpassed. When the story stated no such thing. That's a complete contradiction of story facts. I like truth and the truth is nothing indicates Beerus is surpassed.
It has nothing to do with convincing people or not. The fact is people are just flat out wrong and your being told about it.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:35 pm

Miracles wrote:

I've been saying that. The purple cat has the STORY on his side. You guys got nothing but headcannon. The story has already stated that Beerus has a fated prophesied battle with Goku.
Yet people are saying he is surpassed. When the story stated no such thing. That's a complete contradiction of story facts. I like truth and the truth is nothing indicates Beerus is surpassed.
It has nothing to do with convincing people or not. The fact is people are just flat out wrong and your being told about it.
Okay then, let's analyze these facts, shall we?

Whis makes mention of a mortal who even a God of Destruction (the usage of the terminology implies as a whole, rather than a specific one) cannot defeat, then states that this God of Destruction is even stronger than Beerus. Beerus contests this by stating it was just an arm-wrestling match, but his demeanour during this exchange implies that he was just trying to save face and that Whis was relatively on the mark.

Jiren then completely dominates SSB/KKx20 Goku whilst still remaining heavily suppressed, with Whis confirming that Jiren is indeed the mortal of rumour who has reached the level of a God of Destruction and potentially even surpassed it (once again, using the terminology in a general sense, implying the level of God of Destruction as a whole rather than any particular one). We then see that Ultra Instinct Goku gets all of the Gods of Destruction standing, including Beerus, while Jiren, this mortal who has surpassed THEIR level, goes at him at full power to no avail.

Then, Jiren awakens hidden power by remembering his past trauma and becomes far stronger than his full power; he only barely manages to match up with Ultra Instinct Goku.

Sounds to me as though you're making erroneous comparisons where the dialogue and scenes imply a different context than what you espouse. And of course, you'll try and contest this by saying that I'm bending the facts and fabricating details, when in fact I was only doing the same as you: interpreting the facts based on how they appear to me.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:42 pm

Miracles wrote:
PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote: Then why don't you leave him alone? If you're so sure Beerus will keep moving the goalpost, then let him speak for himself through dialogue and feats.

Okay then, let's analyze these facts, shall we?

Whis makes mention of a mortal who even a God of Destruction (the usage of the terminology implies as a whole, rather than a specific one) cannot defeat, then states that this God of Destruction is even stronger than Beerus. Beerus contests this by stating it was just an arm-wrestling match, but his demeanour during this exchange implies that he was just trying to save face and that Whis was relatively on the mark.

Jiren then completely dominates SSB/KKx20 Goku whilst still remaining heavily suppressed, with Whis confirming that Jiren is indeed the mortal of rumour who has reached the level of a God of Destruction and potentially even surpassed it (once again, using the terminology in a general sense, implying the level of God of Destruction as a whole rather than any particular one). We then see that Ultra Instinct Goku gets all of the Gods of Destruction standing, including Beerus, while Jiren, this mortal who has surpassed THEIR level, goes at him at full power to no avail.

Then, Jiren awakens hidden power by remembering his past trauma and becomes far stronger than his full power; he only barely manages to match up with Ultra Instinct Goku.

Sounds to me as though you're making erroneous comparisons where the dialogue and scenes imply a different context than what you espouse. And of course, you'll try and contest this by saying that I'm bending the facts and fabricating details, when in fact I was only doing the same as you: interpreting the facts based on how they appear to me.
Look at the bold words in your post. "IMPLIES" is your quick sand. You aren't being objective. You even leave out the only clear fact how Jiren was only specifically stated to surpass Belmound only too.
I stated facts, the story has Goku trying to surpass Beerus due to their fated battle. Yet you are trying to say opposite from the story.

Jack Bz
Regular

Post by Jack Bz » Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:48 pm

The whole point of Jiren is that he's meant to be above the gods of destruction. That's the whole concept of his character. They set him up as an almost impossibly strong enemy that they simply can not defeat with raw power, having Goku need to literally perfect his movements to stand a chance.

To me, Jiren and Goku surpassing the gods seemed obvious. Jiren is outright stated to be stronger than Belmod, who is for sure relative in power to Beerus in both the manga and anime. The anime implies Belmod is probably stronger with the whole arm wrestling thing, but that's obviously ambiguous. But I think it at least means their powers are close, and Jiren is above them.