Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

The Monkey King
Advanced Regular

Re: Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Post by The Monkey King » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:28 pm

WittyUsername wrote:As a side note, I’ve really got to stop getting into arguments about battle powers, especially since these characters are pretty much as strong as the writers want them to be.
One of the wisest posts in this thread.

Honestly once Goku went kaioken x10 in the Universe 6 arc and was still considered weaker than Beerus and Whis I knew the writers didn't care about a logical power scale at all, just for shit to look cool.

Not to mention all that BS with Trunks in the Goku black arc... :crazy:

Jmass97
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Jmass97 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:02 am

The Monkey King wrote:
WittyUsername wrote:As a side note, I’ve really got to stop getting into arguments about battle powers, especially since these characters are pretty much as strong as the writers want them to be.
One of the wisest posts in this thread.

Honestly once Goku went kaioken x10 in the Universe 6 arc and was still considered weaker than Beerus and Whis I knew the writers didn't care about a logical power scale at all, just for shit to look cool.

Not to mention all that BS with Trunks in the Goku black arc... :crazy:
Although trunks was amped a lot in that arc I kind of justify it because he’s literally trained and fought enemies his entire life. He’s the complete opposite of Gohan when it comes to training and combat so that fact that his anger sending him over the edge put him on a level at least stronger than ssjg is still insane but more reasonable than other characters power jumps in the show. He’s also still vegetas son. He’s not fully blue tier imo because black was toying with him. The only time he was really overpowered was at the very end with the spirit sword.

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:25 pm

I have a feeling when the anime comes back, we will get some kind of statement/feat early on in the retelling (still hoping they don't retell) where its made clear beerus is still above jiren.

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:47 pm

So, we know that SsjB Gogeta will break Broly apart...

So, Super officially retconned Vegito's superiority to Gogeta. Nice one.

Jmass97
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Jmass97 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:54 pm

Zamasu55 wrote:So, we know that SsjB Gogeta will break Broly apart...

How?

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:11 pm

It doesn't. The best, it shows they are equal in power.

But this is a gogeta made from far more powerful components than vegito had in the FT arc.

So it makes sense that this gogeta leaves FT Arc vegito in the dust.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:14 pm

Zamasu55 wrote:So, Super officially retconned Vegito's superiority to Gogeta. Nice one.
Uhhhh no? Not really?

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:36 pm

No. A movie Vegetto would stomp broly with even more ease than gogeta did

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:56 pm

Naturally a current DBS: Broly arc Gogeta made up of two stronger Goku and Vegeta's will be stronger than a Goku and Vegeta Patora fusion from the Zamas arc.

DBZ Macky
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ Macky » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:36 am

Wooh boy, I'm back. My hype for Dragon Ball really died down after the end of DBS, but it's time to break the ice now.
Let's see, judging from what we've seen in the trailers and from SPOILERS, I think the Dragon Ball Super: Broly Power Scale would be something like this:

[Angel Tier]
Whis
SSB Gogeta
LSS Broly (Or whatever his final form his)

[Hakaishin Tier]
Beerus
SS Gogeta
SS Broly

[God Tier]
Base Gogeta
SSB Goku/Vegeta
Broly (Yellow-Eyed Form, Full Power)
Golden Freeza
SSG Goku/Vegeta

[Below God Tier]
Broly (Yellow-Eyed Form, Vs. SS Goku/Vegeta)
SS Goku/Vegeta
Broly (Base)
Base Goku/Vegeta
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:You're in the DB community, it's always a power level thread to someone.

Jmass97
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Jmass97 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:26 pm

DBZ Macky wrote:Wooh boy, I'm back. My hype for Dragon Ball really died down after the end of DBS, but it's time to break the ice now.
Let's see, judging from what we've seen in the trailers and from SPOILERS, I think the Dragon Ball Super: Broly Power Scale would be something like this:

[Angel Tier]
Whis
SSB Gogeta

[Hakaishin Tier]
Beerus
SS Gogeta
SS Broly

[God Tier]
Base Gogeta
SSB Goku/Vegeta
Golden Freeza
SSG Goku/Vegeta

[Below God Tier]
SS Goku/Vegeta
Broly (Base)
Base Goku/Vegeta
Broly never fights ssj Vegeta in his incomplete yellow eyed form. He only turns into that after being defeated by god Vegeta. Once he’s fighting ssj Goku he’s already in his complete Ikari form. We even see the incomplete form tank a punch to the face from god vegeta in the 3rd trailer so he would still be god level. Ssj Broly and Gogeta are above blue by a long shot but not hakaishin tier imo. Especially considering that Broly’s max power is what questionably surpassed beerus. Broly max power (lssj) and Gogeta blue are NOT angel tier though...that’s a huge stretch.

shadd21
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by shadd21 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:55 pm

Where does Champa stand in comparison to Gogeta Blue, and FP Broly? clearly he must be stronger since he's been shown in both the anime and manga to fight evenly with Beerus.

Jmass97
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Jmass97 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:21 pm

shadd21 wrote:Where does Champa stand in comparison to Gogeta Blue, and FP Broly? clearly he must be stronger since he's been shown in both the anime and manga to fight evenly with Beerus.
We don’t know simply because we don’t know where Gogeta blue and FP Broly stand in comparison to Beerus. We only know that they’re possibly stronger based off of statements/feats

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:26 pm

How does Goku even though Beerus' full power?

Jiren has to be stromger than Broly and Beerus as what is the point of leaving Ultra Instinct out?

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:43 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:How does Goku even though Beerus' full power?

Jiren has to be stromger than Broly and Beerus as what is the point of leaving Ultra Instinct out?
I doubt UI was left out for the expressed purpose of not being too strong. The way Gogeta is portrayed in this movie I don't see why he wouldn't be stronger than UI either. his normal golden SSJ form completely dwarfs the SSB form of the individuals.

Jmass97
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Jmass97 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:46 pm

Out of universe reason may be that they don’t want to spam the form. The in universe reason could be because Whis did say that each time Goku steps into the state of the gods it’s even harder to reach that state the next time around. So technically if Broly was even the same strength as jiren it may not be enough to push Goku back into UI.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:42 pm

Yeah, it seems it gives the same boost now. The only superior thing now of Portara is the time limit. Vegetto just defused early because he was fighting an immortal being who didn't get tired. If he fought Broly then it would have been the same result as the movie.
DBZ Macky wrote:Wooh boy, I'm back. My hype for Dragon Ball really died down after the end of DBS, but it's time to break the ice now.

[Angel Tier]
Whis
SSB Gogeta

[Hakaishin Tier]
Beerus
SS Gogeta
SS Broly

[God Tier]
Base Gogeta
SSB Goku/Vegeta
Golden Freeza
SSG Goku/Vegeta

[Below God Tier]
SS Goku/Vegeta
Broly (Base)
Base Goku/Vegeta
LSS Broly can't be Angel tier because of the "maybe is stronger than Beerus" line.

Base Gogeta over Blue? I don't remember reading a summary implying that.

Why is Golden Freeza weaker than Broly (Yellow eyes)? He only fights SS Broly.

ssj3kakarot
Beyond Newbie

Post by ssj3kakarot » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:14 am

PFM18 wrote:

I doubt UI was left out for the expressed purpose of not being too strong. The way Gogeta is portrayed in this movie I don't see why he wouldn't be stronger than UI either. his normal golden SSJ form completely dwarfs the SSB form of the individuals.

I agree that he probably wasn't left out for him being too strong. However, UI Goku also completely dwarfs SSB Goku with KK. If you were to take a Full powered Jiren, vs Goku at any point in the TOP other than his Omen or MUI self, Jiren would have murdered Goku. I'm not saying that I think SSB Gogeta is stronger or weaker than MUI Goku, just that MUI Goku dwarfs a SSB Goku pretty easily. Just like SS2 dwarfs its predecessor.
" I swear on that faith I can never back down now" - Goku

Liquir
Beyond Newbie

Post by Liquir » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:02 am

So, does Toyotaro's commentary on Merus change some perspective on his strength or not?
It seems to me that Toyotaro is implying that Merus is not just some weakling..
Otherwise why would Toyotaro in his commentary make a distinguishment between Jaco and him and ask just how strong could Merus be?
Or could he just be joking with that commentary?

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:49 pm

So, that old theory that god forms (red and blue) were stronger than fusions has finally being confirmed to not be true.

I’m curious about what people think regarding how a god fusion compares to Ultra Instinct.