Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Galan007
Regular

Re: Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Post by Galan007 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:27 am

ZombieVito wrote:He obviously got another power up while transforming to his Rage mode.
That wasn't stated/depicted, though.

Broly is in base(which was ~ SSJ1 Vegeta), and then transforms into his Ikari form. Paragus states this Ikari form is the same type of amp a Saiyan gains when they turn into an Oozaru, and then Broly proceeds to immediately tank SSG Vegeta's attacks, knock him across the battlefield, etc. It was only when Goku entered the fray moments later that Broly began noticeably powering up moreso.

Lukmendes
Regular

Post by Lukmendes » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:11 am

TheSaiyanGod wrote:Except for the fact that we do not know how much time passed after the ToP and how much Goku and Vegeta got stronger after the tournament.
It's probably not long after ToP, since Boo is still sleeping.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:08 am My man, all Goku had to do was go SSJ3 and shock Vegeta so much the M on his head would have turned into an L and Buu would have never happened.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:49 pm

Lukmendes wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:Except for the fact that we do not know how much time passed after the ToP and how much Goku and Vegeta got stronger after the tournament.
It's probably not long after ToP, since Boo is still sleeping.
But Buu can sleeps for months at a time. I guess it depends how you defind "not long" though.

Lukmendes
Regular

Post by Lukmendes » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:27 pm

PFM18 wrote:But Buu can sleeps for months at a time. I guess it depends how you defind "not long" though.
Well, Bulma said that Boo will sleep for at least two months, and two months isn't really a long time.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:08 am My man, all Goku had to do was go SSJ3 and shock Vegeta so much the M on his head would have turned into an L and Buu would have never happened.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:49 pm

Lukmendes wrote:
PFM18 wrote:But Buu can sleeps for months at a time. I guess it depends how you defind "not long" though.
Well, Bulma said that Boo will sleep for at least two months, and two months isn't really a long time.
Well I thought you meant by "not long" as in a couple days or something. But yeah, it would be a month or two.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:04 am

Is new Broly's Legendary Super Saiyan form more powerful than Super Saiyan Blue Kaioken x10?
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:12 am

Hulk10 wrote:Is new Broly's Legendary Super Saiyan form more powerful than Super Saiyan Blue Kaioken x10?

In terms of multiplier on top of base? No

However LSSJ (SSFP as its known now) Broly from the movie would utterly destroy SSB KKx10 Goku. SSJ Gogeta is stronger than SSB Goku and Broly going FP forced Gogeta to go blue who should be WAY WAY WAY more than 10 times above blue goku

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:14 am

RecolorSaiyan wrote:
Hulk10 wrote:Is new Broly's Legendary Super Saiyan form more powerful than Super Saiyan Blue Kaioken x10?

However LSSJ (SSFP as its known now) Broly from the movie would utterly destroy SSB KKx10 Goku. SSJ Gogeta is stronger than SSB Goku and Broly going FP forced Gogeta to go blue who should be WAY WAY WAY more than 10 times above blue goku
Ok I take it his normal Super Saiyan form would lose against SSB KKx10?
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:16 am

Hulk10 wrote:
RecolorSaiyan wrote:

If Movie SSB Goku could stack kkx10 then yeah I think he would have overpowered SSJ broly (until he powered up beyond it if given a chance). However I think if/when the anime retells this movie, ssj broly will destroy kkx20 and blue evol goku and vegeta

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:17 am

RecolorSaiyan wrote:
Hulk10 wrote:
RecolorSaiyan wrote:

If Movie SSB Goku could stack kkx10 then yeah I think he would have overpowered SSJ broly (until he powered up beyond it if given a chance). However I think if/when the anime retells this movie, ssj broly will destroy kkx20 and blue evol goku and vegeta
Maybe. Who knows?

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:19 am

Hulk10 wrote:
RecolorSaiyan wrote:
Hulk10 wrote:
Maybe. Who knows?
We don't but I think the narrative is that Goku and Vegeta at their FP's can not defeat SSJ Broly and have to fuse. Since kk and blue evol aren't toriyama forms, they aren't in the movies but I think the anime would have to follow the narrative

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:25 am

RecolorSaiyan wrote:
Hulk10 wrote:
RecolorSaiyan wrote:
Maybe. Who knows?
We don't but I think the narrative is that Goku and Vegeta at their FP's can not defeat SSJ Broly and have to fuse. Since kk and blue evol aren't toriyama forms, they aren't in the movies but I think the anime would have to follow the narrative
You might be right, but we will have to wait and see.

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:28 am

RecolorSaiyan wrote:
Hulk10 wrote:
RecolorSaiyan wrote:
Maybe. Who knows?
Well, if TOEI adapted Broly's film then they would have to adapt the storytelling to fit SSB KK and SSBE (if they really are used), so I believe it would be different from the movie, but without affecting the main script between Gogeta and Broly) It would make more sense for Goku SSB KK and Vegeta SSBE to force Broly to use SSJ FP and after that they merge.

Considering that in the anime version of RoF, Freeza is much stronger than in the movie, I would not be surprised if that happened.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:33 am

TheSaiyanGod wrote:
RecolorSaiyan wrote:
Hulk10 wrote:
Maybe. Who knows?
Well, if TOEI adapted Broly's film then they would have to adapt the storytelling to fit SSB KK and SSBE (if they really are used), so I believe it would be different from the movie, but without affecting the main script between Gogeta and Broly) It would make more sense for Goku SSB KK and Vegeta SSBE to force Broly to use SSJ FP and after that they merge.

Considering that in the anime version of RoF, Freeza is much stronger than in the movie, I would not be surprised if that happened.
Mm yeah who knows?

Sora Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Sora Saiyan » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:00 am

I’d say that SSJB in this is meant to be the equivalent of their max powers in the anime. So if it’s adapted I’d see the same thing happening, well that’s if Toei cares about following Toriyamas script at all. Actually saying that, Toei seem to ignore the script to give a spectacle, but even with the new forms the villains always seem to have power way beyond those forms, or they immediately catch up and go beyond, so honestly regular SSJ Broly would probably whoop Goku and Vegeta at their FP, then they’d fuse and Broly would eventually become SSJFP and have a close fight with Gogeta.

Freezerbaby
Beyond Newbie

Post by Freezerbaby » Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:57 am

Kenneth La Torre wrote:
Freezerbaby wrote:Very disappointed to see that there isn´t golden freeza vs Broly at all, just a shot hinting that freeza lost.
No. There definitely is golden Freeza vs broly. You see him get stomped by broly in his Golden form, not just the shot with him on the Mountain.
I had just rewatched some new footage of the movie and yes you were right, but still I wished there had been more to it, like freeza pulling some of his well-known techniques to hold broly off. Kind of disappointing for a fight teased in the trailers, because the result was already obvious from the beginning.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:34 pm

I'd bet Broly would destroy Goku Black in a fight.

Helios518
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Helios518 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:06 pm

Hulk10 wrote:I'd bet Broly would destroy Goku Black in a fight.
Of course, Broli would destroy Black. His normal Super Saiyan alone defeated a stronger SSB Goku.
Why I use "Geran" instead of "Jiren"

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:07 pm

Helios518 wrote:
Of course, Broli would destroy Black. His normal Super Saiyan alone defeated a stronger SSB Goku.
Indeed.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:39 pm

No need to bet. SS Broly is over 5 times as strong as him.

Although Black could force him to go FPSS with his clones, maybe. Would be an interesting fight.