Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Omgzord
Not-So-Newbie

Re: Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Post by Omgzord » Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:11 pm

Zamasu55 wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 5:52 pm
Omgzord wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 12:33 pm
Zamasu55 wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:27 am

The English translations for the recent episode are... odd to say the least. I'd not trust them.
The translations are bad. Hearts does says that Gogeta could take out the Omni king with his power though.
I don't know, it's probably a lie since it was stated that nobody can defeat Zeno.
Never said it was true. I was merely referring to the fact that line was indeed said in the episode

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:25 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:50 pm How strong do you guys have Frost? Where does he stand in Z?

I re-watched his fight with Piccolo and although the saiyans claimed the green guy had no chance, if it weren't for Frost's cheats, Piccolo would've defeated him while using one hand (spent most of the fight charging his attack, defending himself with just one arm!)

And by the ToP he confessed to be actually weaker than in the U6 tournament.
Frost beats everyone from Z with the exception of Vegetto.

Piccolo stood no chance going in a head on fight. He defended during the whole fight and Frost was exhausted. Without the Makankosappo he can't beat him.

Frost was actually lying to Vegeta there. Hit already confirmed Frost got stronger on a previous episode.

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:21 pm

So, Goku:Xeno is slightly weaker than Goku:CC.
But Goku:Xeno+Vegeta:Xeno appear more effective against SSCumber than Goku:CC+Vegeta:CC

Hypothesis: while slightly weaker in personal power the Time Patrollers have more experience in fighting together resulting into being much more effective than the CC versions.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:38 pm

ankokudaishogun wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:21 pmHypothesis: while slightly weaker in personal power the Time Patrollers have more experience in fighting together resulting into being much more effective than the CC versions.
That's a safe assumption to make as far as I can tell. Xeno Goku and Xeno Vegeta are older than Goku and Vegeta from AGE 780 and the difference might be bigger than just 10 years.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Zarely
Banned

Post by Zarely » Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:57 am

Koitsukai wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:50 pm How strong do you guys have Frost?
Apparently he's weaker than Final Form Frieza according to Champa. Which then I'm not sure why Goku and Vegeta turned Super Saiyan for him then.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:30 am

ankokudaishogun wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:21 pm So, Goku:Xeno is slightly weaker than Goku:CC.
But Goku:Xeno+Vegeta:Xeno appear more effective against SSCumber than Goku:CC+Vegeta:CC

Hypothesis: while slightly weaker in personal power the Time Patrollers have more experience in fighting together resulting into being much more effective than the CC versions.
That would make sense if it were not for the fact that VBlue was implied to be at SS Cumber’s level while V4 defeated SS3 Cumber.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:13 am

Rakurai wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:30 am
ankokudaishogun wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:21 pm So, Goku:Xeno is slightly weaker than Goku:CC.

That would make sense if it were not for the fact that VBlue was implied to be at SS Cumber’s level while V4 defeated SS3 Cumber.
Vegito Blue VS Golden Great Ape Cumber is a manga only thing right? Well, if it was in the game as well, it would solve that question.
P O W E R

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:17 am

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:13 am Vegito Blue VS Golden Great Ape Cumber is a manga only thing right? Well, if it was in the game as well, it would solve that question.
Yeah that's a manga-only event. In the manga, VBlue and V4 seem to be on more equal terms, since both performed more or less the same against base Cumber.

If the arcade went straight to V4 vs. SS3 Cumber, then we'd have a bigger problem. But it showed that the Xeno duo were a match for his SS form, so it established a more reasonable level from which to scale V4 (and consequently superseded the previous Blueku vs. 4ku portrayal).
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:33 am

Zarely wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:57 am
Koitsukai wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:50 pm How strong do you guys have Frost?
Apparently he's weaker than Final Form Frieza according to Champa. Which then I'm not sure why Goku and Vegeta turned Super Saiyan for him then.
Being fair, Freeza afterwards was also a lot stronger when Baba brought him back from Hell, still equal to base Goku who also got a lot stronger. It could be that, in the time between the last tournament and the Tournament of Power, Freeza and the base Saiyans have surpassed him. We see that Vegeta was ready to throw down in base form with Frost in the ToP, and he only turned Super Saiyan because Frost brought Magetta along who required that level of power to take on.

Zarely
Banned

Post by Zarely » Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:55 am

I suppose that's possible, Goku, Vegeta and Frieza were said to have made huge gains over the Future Trunks Saga.

Zarely
Banned

Post by Zarely » Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:30 pm

I got another question actually in regards to how certain characters compare, mainly with Bergamo.

Basil was probably a Super Saiyan level character right? Based on his fight with Buu. Lavender held his own against Super Saiyan Gohan for a bit so that would kind of fit for those two I suppose.

But is the same true for Bergamo? He fought quote well against Goku in his normal state which should be far above Gotenks but that would create a huge disparity between the three brothers.

In the manga, Bergamo was weaker than Piccolo who was shown to be a Super Saiyan 2 level character and all three ran from Frost.

So is Base Goku > Frost > Piccolo > Bergamo correct?

Bergamo probably weaker than Buu despite how he seemed to do against Goku?

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:44 am

Zarely wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:30 pm I got another question actually in regards to how certain characters compare, mainly with Bergamo.

Basil was probably a Super Saiyan level character right? Based on his fight with Buu. Lavender held his own against Super Saiyan Gohan for a bit so that would kind of fit for those two I suppose.

But is the same true for Bergamo? He fought quote well against Goku in his normal state which should be far above Gotenks but that would create a huge disparity between the three brothers.

In the manga, Bergamo was weaker than Piccolo who was shown to be a Super Saiyan 2 level character and all three ran from Frost.

So is Base Goku > Frost > Piccolo > Bergamo correct?

Bergamo probably weaker than Buu despite how he seemed to do against Goku?
Bergamo and his Brothers are all good buu tiers, Goku played against him and ssj gohan would have stomped lavander if It wasnt for his poison. Infact, lavander held his own only against a badly poisoned ssj Gohan

Zarely
Banned

Post by Zarely » Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:49 am

Goku didn't seem like he was playing with him at all when they fought in the Zeno Expo.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:59 am

Zarely wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:49 am Goku didn't seem like he was playing with him at all when they fought in the Zeno Expo.
Well, maybe being serious against a first-time unknown opponent is a must do. This time you had Beerus and Whis being there with Zeno and GP present as well. So Goku couldn't play around that match.

However, once he figured out Bergamo's technique, although the latter was far stronger than in Base, SS Goku was more playful than before.

But when the ToP took place, it was free for all and SS Goku was evidently stronger than 2 of the brothers combined. I mean, shielded Base Goku was only struggling against the trio. So that boost was to be expected.

The triangle danger beam, even if performed from powered up individuals, was definitely not worthy of even a suppressed Blue combined Final Kamehameha. Perhaps this iteration of Blue was the weakest in the whole tournament. Not due to appearing early, but due to its suppression. An SS2 duo would have no problem taking them down.
P O W E R

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:54 pm

Goku was handling all the three wolf brothers by himself, so he was probably stronger than any of them in his base form. For some reason, Bergamo didn’t use his gimmick in the ToP and relied on the brotherly power.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:59 pm

Hugo Boss wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:54 pm Goku was handling all the three wolf brothers by himself, so he was probably stronger than any of them in his base form. For some reason, Bergamo didn’t use his gimmick in the ToP and relied on the brotherly power.
Imagine him being smart, going after Jiren, getting blown away, only for him to manage and boost his strength to MUI levels lol.

MVP
P O W E R

Zarely
Banned

Post by Zarely » Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:36 pm

Hugo Boss wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:54 pm Goku was handling all the three wolf brothers by himself, so he was probably stronger than any of them in his base form. For some reason, Bergamo didn’t use his gimmick in the ToP and relied on the brotherly power.
He was, I'm just curious on how two of the brothers could be around the level of Cell and then one seemingly drastically stronger than Super Saiyan 3 Gotenks.

That just doesn't seem right considering Piccolo was stronger than Bergamo in the manga.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:06 pm

Yeah, Goku was handling all of the Danger bro's head up. The Bro's were weak in the TOP.
Goku said he was having trouble only because they couldn't be sensed.

Zarely
Banned

Post by Zarely » Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:32 pm

Alright well what about Kale? How was she stronger than Super Saiyan Blue Goku at one point and then weaker than Super Saiyan God Goku the next time around even though they said Kale had grown stronger?

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:21 pm

Zarely wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:32 pm Alright well what about Kale? How was she stronger than Super Saiyan Blue Goku at one point and then weaker than Super Saiyan God Goku the next time around even though they said Kale had grown stronger?
The TOEI special. Inconsistent writing. Before, Kale owns Blue Goku. Then a stronger version of Kale gets handled by SSJ2 Goku.
While Caulifla is fighting alongside her. Then Kale proceeds to trade back and forth evenly with Red Goku. The writers don't even cross notes.