Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Brettjr25
Beyond Newbie

Re: Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Post by Brettjr25 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:10 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:51 pm
Brettjr25 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:04 pm
Well, I think you mean his potential is greater than Vegeta which was already confirmed with EoZ basically.
No.. His actual STRENGTH.. I thought I was clear in that..
um...just because someone has massive ki doesn't mean that they can use it correctly. He doesnt know how to fly, how to fire ki, how to focus it to power up, you know ALL the basic Dragon Ball stuff. I mean seriously I'm starting to doubt all your post now because of this claim.

EoZ clearly showed that he didn't know how to do that as well as Super showing Dai Kai helping him give his ki as well as Uub saying "i dont know what I'm doing " to further confirm that fact.

You saying this child Uub is stronger than Vegeta is beyond silly, its like saying kid Gohan with no training is stronger than Goku because when he got mad his power level jumped beyond his even though it immediately went back to 1.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:20 pm

Brettjr25 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:10 pm
Brettjr25 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:04 pm
Well, I think you mean his potential is greater than Vegeta which was already confirmed with EoZ basically.
um...just because someone has massive ki doesn't mean that they can use it correctly. He doesnt know how to fly, how to fire ki, how to focus it to power up, you know ALL the basic Dragon Ball stuff. I mean seriously I'm starting to doubt all your post now because of this claim.

EoZ clearly showed that he didn't know how to do that as well as Super showing Dai Kai helping him give his ki as well as Uub saying "i dont know what I'm doing " to further confirm that fact.

You saying this child Uub is stronger than Vegeta is beyond silly, its like saying kid Gohan with no training is stronger than Goku because when he got mad his power level jumped beyond his even though it immediately went back to 1.
Denial much? The chapter is very clear in their stands. Uub donated a small amount of his energy and it got released into a super massive ball that managed to do what Vegeta’s ball (with all the others’ energy could NOT!) That right there is a clear FEAT and says everything about their powers.

It managed to power Goku up to UI all the way from BASE! While Vegeta’s energy ball.. (which was much smaller!) only managed to power him up to SSJ Blue!

Goku even noted that it was “God Power” from Uub.. calling it DIVINE power..

He didn’t call Vegeta’s ball divine or godly though!

So who’s using headcanon here and who isn’t?

I’m merely repeating what the ACTUAL CHAPTER showed..

That is all!

The chapter is clear about who’s superior here. It’s just your own false beliefs and biases that get into the way of accepting it here. That is all.

Review these 4 panels again please..

I think that would clear things up a bit more for you.

I use nothing other than the actual chapter!

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:24 pm

Yeah sure, Uub has that kind of power hidden away.

Emphasis on HIDDEN. He doesn't know how to actually use it, it's just potential being drawn out in this moment that shows that, if properly utilized, would eclipse even Vegeta.

He's not actually that powerful..... yet. He has the potential to be that strong, but not until after he gets angry and gets training from Goku.

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:55 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:20 pm

Goku already knows Vegeta possessed Divine Power, so he wouldn't need to say that. Hell, even Dende talks about the Divine Power he gave to Goku not being enough. The only difference here is Oob's Divine Power was much higher than everyone else's and it was completely unknown to Goku.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

Brettjr25
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brettjr25 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:28 pm

Brettjr25 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:10 pm

Denial much? The chapter is very clear in their stands. Uub donated a small amount of his energy and it got released into a super massive ball that managed to do what Vegeta’s ball (with all the others’ energy could NOT!) That right there is a clear FEAT and says everything about their powers.

It managed to power Goku up to UI all the way from BASE! While Vegeta’s energy ball.. (which was much smaller!) only managed to power him up to SSJ Blue!

So who’s using headcanon here and who isn’t?

I’m merely repeating what the ACTUAL CHAPTER showed..

That is all!

The chapter is clear about who’s superior here. It’s just your own false beliefs and biases that get into the way of accepting it here. That is all.

Review these 4 panels again please..

I think that would clear things up a bit more for you.

I use nothing other than the actual chapter!
Ok.

It's clear you didn't read a single word of my reply. If you're going to ignore me then I'm going to go ahead and put you on ignore. With how little understanding you have of actual dragon ball, i doubt you're contributing to this forum in any meaningful way anyway.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:44 pm

Neither of these posts are appropriate ways to respond to other community members. Free warning. Strikes follow.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:55 pm

Super Saiyan Turlast x4 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:55 pm

Goku already knows Vegeta possessed Divine Power, so he wouldn't need to say that. Hell, even Dende talks about the Divine Power he gave to Goku not being enough. The only difference here is Oob's Divine Power was much higher than everyone else's and it was completely unknown to Goku.
According to Toyotaro, SSG, SSB, and SSBE no longer possess God ki..

This has become evident by the fact that Piccolo and Gohan were surprised that they couldn’t sense Goku’s ki during his battle against Prime Moro..

Why would they be surprised that they can’t sense his ki if they couldn’t sense it either for all those years when Goku was using the SSJ God and SSJ Blue forms???!

Magnificent Ponta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Magnificent Ponta » Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:02 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:55 pm

This has become evident by the fact that Piccolo and Gohan were surprised that they couldn’t sense Goku’s ki during his battle against Prime Moro..

Why would they be surprised that they can’t sense his ki if they couldn’t sense it either for all those years when Goku was using the SSJ God and SSJ Blue forms???!
If you're referring to Chapter 59, they weren't surprised; they just stated that they couldn't and that's why they didn't know if Goku was "stronger than ever".

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:02 pm

Devilman21/ wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:45 pm I have a question about Dai-Kaioshin's god power. I was under the impression that when Majin Boo split into the good and evil versions of himself, most, but not all, of the god power went to evil Boo. As a result Dai-Kaioshin was only able to partially access his god power and it was only by combining his power with Oob that he was able to donate his full divine energy.

Upon a second reading however, This chapter seemed to imply that most if not all of DaiKaioshin's divine power was transferred to evil/kid Boo which was Oob then inherited. I went back to check and in chapter 49 Merus states that he incorrectly believed that Fat Boo inherited the god power because he shared the Dai-Kaioshin's appearance but that maybe that power went to evil Boo instead.

How then do we explain Boo's extreme power boost and Dai-Kaioshin's performance against Moro w/ his magic restored? Old Moro was capable of holding his own against Super Saiyan God Vegeta & forced him into blue, and Dai-Kaioshin managed to exchange blows with FP Moro. Are we to believe that was just Dai-Kaioshin's power without god ki? That seems inconsistent with the Boo arc where he lost to kid-Buff Boo who should be way weaker than even base Goku at this point. Maybe I am just missing something but I would appreciate to hear your guy's thoughts on this.
Either Buu-DKS was relying on his magic to face Moro (just like Moro relied on his magic to fight God Vegeta, he lacked the raw strenght to be on that level without it) or he still had some god ki left in him but not enough to use the Kai Kai Matoru.

Also, IIRC, DKS after sealing Moro lost a good amount of power, so he might not have been the same fighter that lost to Buu later.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:13 pm

So, I read the entire chapter and honestly it doesn’t look like Beerus would have any difficulty at dealing with Moro, like Goku and Vegeta did. He seemed more worried about what the other gods would think of him for intervening in ordinary beings’ problems, specially after the Grand Priest summoned him.

About Oob, it seems he has stored in his body the necessary amount of god ki to make Goku have another go at Ultra Instinct, which is interesting.

Nice that Toyotaro is addressing some plot holes introduced by Super storylines in this chapter, like gods not giving a helping hand when needed and Oob’s potential being next to Goku’s.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:50 pm

Magnificent Ponta wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:02 pm
GodVegetto91 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:55 pm

If you're referring to Chapter 59, they weren't surprised; they just stated that they couldn't and that's why they didn't know if Goku was "stronger than ever".
Actually, you’re wrong. They WERE surprised. Especially Piccolo.

He kept asking: “But why can’t we sense his ki all of a sudden???!”

As if he was surprised!

He wouldn’t be surprised if he has never been able to sense Goku’s ki while in SSJ God and Blue.

Last edited by GodVegetto91 on Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Xeno Goku Black
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Xeno Goku Black » Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:55 pm

VegettoEX wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:44 pm Neither of these posts are appropriate ways to respond to other community members. Free warning. Strikes follow.
Why have you not replied to my PM's I sent you when I asked you a question politely?

Magnificent Ponta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Magnificent Ponta » Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:58 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:50 pmActually, you’re wrong. They WERE surprised. Especially Piccolo.

He kept asking: “But why can’t we sense his energy all of a sudden???!”

As if he was surprised!

He wouldn’t be surprised if he has never been able to sense Goku’s Chi while in SSJ God and Blue.
Ah, I see, you're referring to Chapter 58, when he attacks Saganbo, and before they ever see him in the first place, let alone determine which form he's actually in. But why does this have any bearing on anything?

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:00 pm

Magnificent Ponta wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:58 pm
GodVegetto91 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:50 pmActually, you’re wrong. They WERE surprised. Especially Piccolo.

As if he was surprised!

He wouldn’t be surprised if he has never been able to sense Goku’s Chi while in SSJ God and Blue.
Ah, I see, you're referring to Chapter 58, when he attacks Saganbo, and before they ever see him in the first place, let alone determine which form he's actually in. But why does this have any bearing on anything?
I edited my post with 2 images added. Check it out!👍

Xeno Goku Black
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Xeno Goku Black » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:01 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:07 pmSSB Fusion > SSG Fusion > SS3 Fusion > SS2 Fusion > SS1 Fusion > Base Fusion > Goku/Vegeta’s MAX power.

That’s 6 levels above SSB Goku..

Now take a look at UI.

UI > UI Sign > SSBE > Perfected SSJ Blue.

That’s only 3 levels higher!
What kind of bizarre logic is that? Maybe there's much wider gaps in the levels for the latter. SSJ3 Fusion would only be eight times as strong as SS1 Fusion.

Maybe Ultra Instinct is a hundred times as strong as Ultra Instinct Sign.

Magnificent Ponta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Magnificent Ponta » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:03 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:00 pm
Magnificent Ponta wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:58 pm

As if he was surprised!

I edited my post with 2 images added. Check it out!👍
The two images you added are simply what I have said in my post which you have quoted. The question remains: since they have no idea what form he's using (and he appears to them in his normal base form, it should be added), why does this have any bearing on SSjG or SSjB?

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:07 pm

Xeno Goku Black wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:01 pm
GodVegetto91 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:07 pmSSB Fusion > SSG Fusion > SS3 Fusion > SS2 Fusion > SS1 Fusion > Base Fusion > Goku/Vegeta’s MAX power.

That’s 6 levels above SSB Goku..

Now take a look at UI.

UI > UI Sign > SSBE > Perfected SSJ Blue.

That’s only 3 levels higher!
What kind of bizarre logic is that? Maybe there's much wider gaps in the levels for the latter. SSJ3 Fusion would only be eight times as strong as SS1 Fusion.

Maybe Ultra Instinct is a hundred times as strong as Ultra Instinct Sign.
It’s not bizarre logic at all. That’s your interpretation.. It’s good logic, actually! The truth is, there are 5 transformations above a Base Vegito/Gogeta that is already significantly superior to Goku’s perfected SSJ Blue form.

SSJ3 = 400x Base.

SSG is “MANY” times stronger than SSJ3 as we’ve seen in battle of Gods, and SSJ Blue is likely very close to 50x the strength of even SSJ God.

All in all, SSJ Blue Gogeta would be many thousands of times stronger than SSJ Blue Goku.

Is UI Goku that??

I highly doubt it.

A 1000x gap between Perfected Blue and UI should be ple~eeeeentyyyy! And that’s seriously highballing it even!

But fine, believe what you want.

You’re allowed to have your opinion and beliefs.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:22 pm

The whole point I’m trying to make is that Piccolo and Gohan should be USED to ”NOT” being able to sense Goku and Vegeta’s ki at this point now... Since Goku and Vegeta usually always fight in their God forms. (Which supposively has God ki and cannot be sensed). Yet now, all of a sudden, they are SURPRISED to find that they suddenly can’t sense him...???! (Like they always can’t already???!). So nothing should have changed! This is just bad writing. And you know it.

Magnificent Ponta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Magnificent Ponta » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:25 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:22 pm The whole point I’m trying to make is that Piccolo and Gohan should be USED to ”NOT” being able to sense Goku and Vegeta’s ki at this point now... Since Goku and Vegeta usually always fight in their God forms. (Which supposively has God ki and cannot be sensed). Yet now, all of a sudden, they are SURPRISED to find that they suddenly can’t sense him...???! (Like they always can’t already???!). So nothing should have changed! This is just bad writing. And you know it.
Anyways, you get the point. If you still don’t get it then I think I will end this conversation now here..
I get what you're saying, but you're making assumptions on their behalf - assumptions which, the story makes clear, they are not making. Hence why it doesn't seem to have a bearing.

You're certainly right that there's no more to say about it than that.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:28 pm

The manga hinted at a 10x difference between god and blue.

The previous chapter was clear enough: Moro > Broly, and UI Goku did to Moro what Gogeta could not do to Broly.

I mean, how can one argue against Goku just standing there and breaking Moro's wrist?